PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 5/3/2012 New Areas

Nurusanura
May 2, 2012, 11:49 PM
For the briefing, i took some screens of the two new areas. Missed some footage myself but I can explain a bit.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/nurusanura/newarea.jpg

For this one, there is a new planet called Lillipa, which is mainly desert. The boss here is an Antlion. I also noticed many of the enemies being mecha, robots. Robots will be able to attack you even if they are broken. New Darker enemies introduced.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/nurusanura/newarea2.jpg

Snow area, on planet Naberius. Boss here is Mammoth.

If anyone has info to add please let me know, I can update this post! ^_^

Porkmaster
First

Also, have my babies.

Ark22
Good job =D

Rath-Kun
http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

Blog is fast, and so are you. xD

vividspider
May 2, 2012, 11:50 PM
I like the mammoth boss in the snow area. : D

Crystal_Shard
May 2, 2012, 11:53 PM
Snow area is on Naberius.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2012, 11:56 PM
I rreeeaaally wanna explore those ruins in the sunsetting sandstorm in that desert area. ;o;

goldwing
May 2, 2012, 11:57 PM
Lol that was quick

Freshellent
May 2, 2012, 11:57 PM
SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

No really, thank you.

RocketZX
May 2, 2012, 11:58 PM
snow area is nice, i liked the snow areas in PSzero, and PSPo2

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2012, 11:59 PM
Also I hope I'm not the first to notice that snow "field" is a REALLY WELL reskinned forest. But the new bosses in it look like they'll e fun to fight.

Well maybe it's not fair to just say it's a reskin, looks more like a prgressions from the woods into the mountains by the same woods so the "reskin" actually makes sense.

Vashyron
May 3, 2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBZBbgU8AwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvA19a-IEo&feature=plcp

:>

yoshiblue
May 3, 2012, 12:06 AM
Makes me wonder how the buildings got there. Awesome siggy, Vash.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 12:07 AM
ROSES. Gib.

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 12:26 AM
That looks more like a sandbeetle than a Worm

Vashyron
May 3, 2012, 12:39 AM
It's supposed to be a Doodlebug. Antlion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlion). (Doodlebug is the name the monster uses internally in the files.)

And thanks Yoshi.

GreenArcher
May 3, 2012, 01:03 AM
Level cap of 40 during release

:(

Arika
May 3, 2012, 01:04 AM
open beta level cap 30 and 3 area
real game level cap 40 and 4 area + hard more.... .
kidda low in my opinion. lv-40 only take just probably 1 week to max :/

Blackheart521
May 3, 2012, 01:05 AM
Level cap of 40 during release

:(

yeah, but you'll be able to level to 40 three times on one character so you'll be occupied if you do that till a level cap increase

Vashyron
May 3, 2012, 01:05 AM
Dunno why you guys are getting upset about this only now, they already said some time ago release cap would be 40.

Anyway, http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120503002/ (http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120503002/)

High res screenshots here.

jmanx
May 3, 2012, 01:08 AM
Also I hope I'm not the first to notice that snow "field" is a REALLY WELL reskinned forest. But the new bosses in it look like they'll e fun to fight.

Well maybe it's not fair to just say it's a reskin, looks more like a prgressions from the woods into the mountains by the same woods so the "reskin" actually makes sense.

LMAO thats the first thing i thought i was like wait a second DIS IS FOREST

wheres my Facility level at yo

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 01:11 AM
I like how when the character did that certain emote the mag would interact too (unless that was in cbt and didn't notice it)

GreenArcher
May 3, 2012, 01:14 AM
Dunno why you guys are getting upset about this only now, they already said some time ago release cap would be 40.

Anyway, http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120503002/ (http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120503002/)

High res screenshots here.

Well this is the first I've heard of it, hence getting upset now. Apologies.

I've got a bad feeling of PSU style drip feed

Chik'Tikka
May 3, 2012, 01:21 AM
Well this is the first I've heard of it, hence getting upset now. Apologies.

I've got a bad feeling of PSU style drip feed

you mean water torture+^_^+ great game, bad upkeep+^_^+

Brus
May 3, 2012, 01:26 AM
New areas definitely look nifty, but it needs a high-tech level like mines or ruins...

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 01:27 AM
It's supposed to be a Doodlebug. Antlion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlion). (Doodlebug is the name the monster uses internally in the files.)

And thanks Yoshi.

Ah, nice. Was just saying this because I heard people saying its a worm.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 01:29 AM
New areas definitely look nifty, but it needs a high-tech level like mines or ruins...

Idk.....seeing there's bunch of old-ish looking robots there.... Desert may be the "mines" area for this game....who knows....
Would look odd to just have some machines out in the middle of the desert so something possibly occured there...that apparantly the machines there don't want us to find :o

But my main question (when the time comes) is Who will the "Dark Falz" figure be and hope he or she is a badass

Dabian
May 3, 2012, 01:30 AM
Are those HD + max settings graphics? They look really nice.

Freshellent
May 3, 2012, 01:53 AM
Meh, nothing we can do to stop them from drip feeding. I think we'll be a little better off this time. I was so hooked on the beta that I'm not really worried about it.

On top of it all, I went back to PSO1 for years and years. We have so many other games to play, it's F2P too.

Regardless, this looks pretty ballin'. Gur Bazga is back? Was my favorite launcher for a long time.

Thanks for getting this info out so quickly, much appreciated guys.

Goat666
May 3, 2012, 01:54 AM
I like snow areas.
I don't like desert ones, gimme something actually sci-fi like already.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 02:46 AM
Assuming the snow area is just the Hard mode of the Forest?

Dabian
May 3, 2012, 02:52 AM
Hopefully not. I'd rather Hard Mode be applicable to every area/template.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 02:53 AM
They said all missions would have three different difficulties.

OBT is going to have hardmode unlocked at lvl 20.

Nurusanura
May 3, 2012, 02:54 AM
It could have meant recommended level right? I would actually like that being a certain level would unlock a new difficulty. ^_^

stheno
May 3, 2012, 03:03 AM
Assuming the snow area is just the Hard mode of the Forest?

I doubt it, the snow map has its own name. 「凍土」

Nurusanura
May 3, 2012, 03:04 AM
I doubt it, the snow map has its own name. 「凍土」

Yeah, I really hope they go more in-depth with each planet. :)

ShadowDragon28
May 3, 2012, 03:30 AM
I'm calling BULLSHIT to any person saying they will cap their character's class level at lv 40 in the official release in only 1 week.

I highly doubt that will be possible once xp payout from enemies is adjusted. Grinding lvls isn't the end-all be-all of PSO/PSO2 gameplay anyways.

FFS people expect to not have to hunt for any fucking high star weapons or Units?
So what are they going to do? Just going to spam one mission repeatedly to farm meseta and only buy the over-priced hand-me-downs weps and Units from player shops? Wheres the fucking fun it that? That isn't fun, that just idiotic IMO.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 04:04 AM
I'm calling BULLSHIT to any person saying they will cap their character's class level at lv 40 in the official release in only 1 week.

I highly doubt that will be possible once xp payout from enemies is adjusted. Grinding lvls isn't the end-all be-all of PSO/PSO2 gameplay anyways.

FFS people expect to not have to hunt for any fucking high star weapons or Units?
So what are they going to do? Just going to spam one mission repeatedly to farm meseta and only buy the over-priced hand-me-downs weps and Units from player shops? Wheres the fucking fun it that? That isn't fun, that just idiotic IMO.

I fear someone sooner or later going to see this as a perfect *Challenge Accepted* moment lol

ShadowDragon28
May 3, 2012, 04:11 AM
people that spam ONE mission/or missions ONLY to cap all class lvls to 40 in 7 days have no life and need to get out and date people.... Seriously.

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 04:40 AM

There's people that'll do it. Some people just grind endlessly even in Phantasy Star games. I give them 2-3 days tops.

I've never really had a problem with the level cap "drip-feeding" myself because I have no intention of cap-rushing, and those that do would have little motivation to play more once they've hit the cap in a week and there's no more cap-raising. I just hope they structure it to where your average player will probably get close to the cap, and then they raise it periodically based on that time period.

Gah, these new areas are awesome! Loving the old-style mecha going on. It's like Motavia and Dezolis.

ShadowDragon28
May 3, 2012, 04:44 AM
Matter Board Objectives, Client Orders, Story missions, Time Attack (Challenge Mode), and hunting for specific rare Units and specific rare weapons are too ME alot more fun way of playing PSO2 that rushing to cap all class levels....

Ce'Nedra
May 3, 2012, 04:58 AM
Matter Board Objectives, Client Orders, Story missions, Time Attack (Challenge Mode), and hunting for specific rare Units and specific rare weapons are too ME alot more fun way of playing PSO2 that rushing to cap all class levels....

This. There is no fun in brainless grinding. It's boring and you're not enjoying the game that way IMO. To each their own I guess but myself I don't care whatever level I am as long I can do all of the above. Most likely I stick with the hunter and hunter-hybrid classes anyway so I don't need to grind as much as people who want to max all classes.

Aside that, I hope there will be more then just 4 area's in the end and I hope Sega won't be so lazy to recycle every monster and area multiple times like in PSU.

kiwimisty7
May 3, 2012, 06:25 AM
I just cant wait to get my hands on it ....

Golto
May 3, 2012, 07:30 AM
Do you think they'll add daily client orders in the ob?

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 07:39 AM
I actually had plenty of fun just killing monsters repeatedly till I was level 20, but you know... Client orders just felt extra, and matter board was interesting but also felt like there was a lot of almost useless stuff on it.

Then again I connstantly had a full party of friends so ANY game would be 4x fun that way.

Lungo
May 3, 2012, 07:48 AM
Awesome. I really like the choice of environments so far. It's a pity there was no information on when the OB starts though.

SELENNA
May 3, 2012, 08:29 AM
Four areas? What is this, 2001?

LokinModar
May 3, 2012, 08:34 AM

I agreee. I think they are waiting to see if the profit will be guaranteed to release new stuff...

Hayde
May 3, 2012, 08:51 AM
I agreee. I think they are waiting to see if the profit will be guaranteed to release new stuff...

It's pretty much this; you're guaranteed to get this game free (no upfront charges ala PSO DC for $50.00 USD or whatever it costs where your from) and through that "freebie" you can basically level to 40 and play these 4 area's as well as hard mode without having to spend a single dime at the cash shop.

Now, I'm not arguing that you won't likely spend anything between that point; you'll probably be compelled to at least drop somewhere between $5 and $20 on AC to buy scratch drawings, decorations, boosts, etc...but the fact stands is that they're pretty much releasing the entire game without any upfront charges.

Not really sure where they would go at that point; I think it really depends how much people spend on the cash shop and they'll probably release content from there. I hope they don't go the route of Age of Conan F2P where you eventually had to pay to see more content, but I also see this as a possibility if they don't generate enough revenue through people buying cosmetics and boosts.

TBH, I'm not sure why they didn't charge an upfront box fee (maybe $20, but yeah 40 or 50 I guess is plausible too) and then have a limited cash shop, sort of like how Guild Wars 2 plans to do it. Perhaps they didn't want to deal with a potential loss of sales from box/digital downloads, since SoA isn't doing very hot these days and I'm going to wager SoJ probably aren't doing as well as they did back in 2001 when PSO first came out. (No longer a hardware developer, and thus not one of the big 3 (or 4, if you include Microsoft...though they came out a bit after Dreamcast's demise iirc)...seems like they're releasing less titles these days, at least exclusive ones; They seem to publish games for other dev's though.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
I could see someone buying the EXP booster from the shop and leveling quickly.

Not going to lie though, if I get a weapon I can't use and I wanna use it. You better damn well bet I'll be leveling as fast as I can.

Link1275
May 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
For the briefing, i took some screens of the two new areas. Missed some footage myself but I can explain a bit.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/nurusanura/newarea.jpg

For this one, there is a new planet called Lillipa, which is mainly desert. The boss here is an Antlion. I also noticed many of the enemies being mecha, robots. Robots will be able to attack you even if they are broken. New Darker enemies introduced.

The desert won't be a problem, just pack some salt and water to stay hydrated(salt helps you retain water).

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/nurusanura/newarea2.jpg

Snow area, on planet Naberius. Boss here is Mammoth.

If anyone has info to add please let me know, I can update this post! ^_^
Ughh, Let me go pack my thermals, and a portable bonfire this area is not going to be fun.

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 01:07 PM
I said it once and I'll say it again. The two areas look spectacular. I love alien, inhospitable worlds. And we have three! I never got that feeling from PSU. It felt like at any given point, I was just outside of town. But just in caves, I felt like I was dropped into a hellhole and had to fight my way through, with only a tiny ship as a reminder I have a way out. You're telling me I get to feel like that all the time?

Gah, these new areas are awesome! Loving the old-style mecha going on. It's like Motavia and Dezolis.

How... How did I not make the connection? The original worlds were forest, sand desert, and snow desert. Here, we have a forest, a sand desert, and a snow desert (also, caves 1). Plus, all these are full worlds, just like the original. I just did not see the connection.
Heck, the boss is an antline! Those were all over the place in Mota! And the mammoths were some of the toughest enemies in the first two games, if I remember right.
I have to ask, though. Are all these references, or coincidences? It makes sense to put an antline in a desert, after all, and a mammoth in a tundra.

lv-40 only take just probably 1 week to max :/

That gives us three weeks to cap every class, then time to work on the client missions, and then start hunting for rares. That might take some more time. Assuming they don't lower the exp gain again. Oh, and after you pimp out all three classes, there's still a room to decorate. After that, you might want to trying out some style changes, see if you can make your character look just a tiny bit better...
Nah, I'm confident I'll find stuff to do.

Didn't PSU have two at release? And one boss? I can't remember, I was too busy farming De Ragan.

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 01:11 PM
I have to ask, though. Are all these references, or coincidences? It makes sense to put an antline in a desert, after all, and a mammoth in a tundra.
Parum, Neudaiz, and Moatoob were based on Palma, Dezolis, and Motavia respectively, so I don't know if they're trying to pay the same homage with PSO2...but you're right, antlions and mammoths! That's awesome.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah something about the architecture in the desert...

I never played far into the classic games (AT ALL) but the buildings look like a dusty desert post apocalyptic version of something from the SEGA Genesis era...

Enforcer MKV
May 3, 2012, 01:25 PM

I never played far into the classic games (AT ALL) but the buildings look like a dusty desert post apocalyptic version of something from the SEGA Genesis era...

....hardware commentary?

Sidney
May 3, 2012, 01:29 PM

All I know is that my Wild Arms OSTs will be blasting in the background while I play there! :) Man, I really want twin handguns now...

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 01:33 PM
All I know is that my Wild Arms OSTs will be blasting in the background while I play there! :) Man, I really want twin handguns now...
Ooh, very fitting! I've been bumpin some serious JDK/Falcom tunes during gameplay, it's amazing how well Ys music goes with PSO2.

SELENNA
May 3, 2012, 02:24 PM
"Didn't PSU have two at release? And one boss? I can't remember, I was too busy farming De Ragan."

So, a bad game gives them the green light to release a game with only four areas? I'll probably wait a year then I'll enjoy the inevitable spaceship, subway, train and other missions that should have been included in the first release.

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 02:39 PM
So, a bad game gives them the green light to release a game with only four areas?

A game made after 2001 had fewer than four areas. If you don't think this is enough, then you can go ahead and ask if it's 1985, since Super Mario Bros also came out with four areas.

Really, why is this a big deal? Would you rather wait a year for a year's worth of content, or play now, when there's a playable version of the game with little content? All the core stuff is done, now. There's a playable version of the game out, now. We're all scrambling to download the game in a language we can't understand, and while the core game is still under development, and we're too busy screaming in joy to notice there isn't a continent's worth of different areas. The only difference between releasing now, and in a year, is that in a year there will be a bigger budget, so things can get released faster. Plus, we have to wait a year.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 02:46 PM
I read that they'll be updating monthly.

If we get up to level 40 when the full thing comes out a month should be more than enough time to explore all of the content. Until they release new stuff.

Gardios
May 3, 2012, 02:50 PM
The games ins't released with four areas, the OB is...

GreenArcher
May 3, 2012, 02:54 PM
The thing is with the level cap, all this defense about go hunt rars etc:

You're capped at at 40, can't gain EXP, so go hunt the uberist weapons you can find? Oh yeah, those "rares" will also be obsolete with the next update.

I'm just hoping the updates stay frequent, Sega does not have a good history there. And don't mistake my post as being unhappy with the game, I will play it tons/continue to play tons after maxing out. But the problem is the majority of people will ease off and stop spending money when they hit the cap.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 02:59 PM
"Didn't PSU have two at release? And one boss? I can't remember, I was too busy farming De Ragan."

So, a bad game gives them the green light to release a game with only four areas? I'll probably wait a year then I'll enjoy the inevitable spaceship, subway, train and other missions that should have been included in the first release.

*ignores typical PSU haterade*

You don't even like PSO2 to begin with why do you need to look for more things to complain about? Go back to playing PSO with all your frien-

Well coming here to whine about everything after PSO not being PSO isn't going to get US to go play with you. 8D;;;

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 03:03 PM
You're capped at at 40, can't gain EXP, so go hunt the uberist weapons you can find? Oh yeah, those "rares" will also be obsolete with the next update.

This is something that players in WoW deal with. Every time a new raid comes out, all the new raiders go to it. First, for the challenge of a new area. Then, for the fun of that area. And finally, they stay to get the 1337 drops that make them do the big numbers. Some even stay long enough to get the current tier's legendary weapon, which having one would equate to having a lavis blade. And all that work they do, to fill every slot with the best equipment? All gone to waste once the next patch comes, with better equipment.
These people don't complain, though. For that time they have that equipment, they perform much better than the people who don't have it. And that sense of progression (and entitlement) is what feeds them to keep on doing it.

So it's not the best of motives, but it's there. People won't care if better stuff is coming later, because they have the best stuff now.

On an unrelated topic, I'm organizing a "Shut up and take my money" party this saturday. Anyone want to join in?

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm just hoping the updates stay frequent, Sega does not have a good history there. And don't mistake my post as being unhappy with the game, I will play it tons/continue to play tons after maxing out. But the problem is the majority of people will ease off and stop spending money when they hit the cap.
That's definitely true, all of this (both the level cap movement and the four-areas argument) hinges on them keeping to their word and actually updating at the specified frequency. If they do, I think it works out perfectly....but, yes, we were indeed promised the same schedule for PSU and that only lasted about two months.

Hayde
May 3, 2012, 03:04 PM
The thing is with the level cap, all this defense about go hunt rars etc:

While this is true, this is especially worse if you are playing from Sega of America, or Sega of Europe (I presume). Coming off from playing both the NA and JP releases of every PSO following the initial release (I imported and bought the localized version 2, GC version, Blue Burst, PSU, etc.) I've made the ultimate decision to stick with the import version.

I'm not saying Sega of Japan was necessarily the best content provider, because that would be a false statement...but I can't count the number of times that quests or events never made it state-side, and it left me scratching my head as to why I practically paid the same box fee on top of their monthly hunter's/guardian's license ordeal.

That said, Sakai did claim he wanted content updates on a near-monthly basis...we'll see if he sticks to it.

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 03:07 PM
I wanted to stay positive, but yes. That's a pretty big deal. I'm not sure if there's any excuse to be beyond a whole year behind schedule. Even though I've learned how to stretch content via WoW (a skill that has aided me well), even that won't do well when they give me a week's worth of content every month.

Starting off with a small amount of content, I'm fine with that. I've designed a game myself, I know how tough it is to make those buggers. But after you get the core gameplay down, there's not much of an excuse not to add content, when there's no more core to update.

Ryo
May 3, 2012, 03:08 PM
Parum, Neudaiz, and Moatoob were based on Palma, Dezolis, and Motavia respectively, so I don't know if they're trying to pay the same homage with PSO2...but you're right, antlions and mammoths! That's awesome.

I have to say, I never felt like Neudaiz was anything like Dezolis. Parum and Moatoob were definitely like their PS counterparts, but Neudaiz seemed more like a whole new concept. Am I alone in this?

Also, to the folks complaining about there being "only" four areas, how much content do you expect? There's typically several quests per area, we had three in the CBT; if you count the city emergency.

I never once found myself bored during CBT, plus I actually like the low level cap and limiting of areas, this will give me a chance to max out Ryo, make an alt, max him/her out then play through new content as it arrives.

PSO wasn't very alt friendly for me because I had limited time and always wanted to get one character to 100 or 200; staggering that content makes it easier for me to make alts and level them up together.

Freshellent
May 3, 2012, 03:10 PM
people that spam ONE mission/or missions ONLY to cap all class lvls to 40 in 7 days have no life and need to get out and date people.... Seriously.

That 'no-life' line is getting real played out, you know? Plenty of people work 30-40 hours a week and still find the time for their hobby with efficient and -gasp!- still enjoyable time management. On top of it all, every mission in PSO2 is pretty varied with how mobs can spawn and how it handles our individual playstyles.

Am I saying it's possible? Depends on the person, but don't go accusing someone who's able to dedicate more time something they enjoy of being a no-lifer, that doesn't even make sense. It just makes you sound jealous and even a little bit of a jerk.

Sometimes people like to come home from a really chitty day at work, or school or whatever and smash the faces of some virtual creature repeatedly. Truth is, we all like to play pretend, just some of us are better at it than others. Sometimes you just hop on for a few minutes to say hey to your friends and then before you know it, bam! You've cranked out 3 levels in a really short amount of time.

Ghost Inside
May 3, 2012, 03:20 PM
Fifty bucks says the Snow area is really the mountains you could see from the Forest area!

... Is what I was going to say.
Now I'm not so sure any more. ._.
*fidgets*

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 03:39 PM
Pretty sure they said it was on the same planet. You might be right.

stheno
May 3, 2012, 03:51 PM
Pretty sure they said it was on the same planet. You might be right.

You are right. They said its on Naberius

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/6xO5S.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

terrell707
May 3, 2012, 04:39 PM
Does Planet Lilipa remind anyone else of Lanaryu Desert from Skyward Sword?

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 04:47 PM
Hope not. Hated that place haha.

I kinda see it though.

PSO Addict
May 3, 2012, 04:48 PM
It totally does... I loved the timeshift stones!

Ce'Nedra
May 3, 2012, 05:07 PM
Anyone else getting the feelingwe get to hunt Barioth in pso2? Sure looked like him a bit and just as annoyingly fast too.

Enforcer MKV
May 3, 2012, 05:10 PM
I wonder where the Sand Raiders are??

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 05:16 PM
Anyone else getting the feelingwe get to hunt Barioth in pso2? Sure looked like him a bit and just as annoyingly fast too.

Not a big Monster Hunter fan myself but it would be cool to see a cross-over. I definitely got the feeling of Monster Hunter while playing PSO2.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2012, 05:22 PM
^This, only im a huge fan of Monster Hunter.

Ce'Nedra
May 3, 2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah same here. Attacking multiple body parts, jumping on monsters, getting send flying when hit hard, it's all MH style. No surprise really though considering how huge MH series are in Japan.

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 05:29 PM
....I'd love to fight Koloktos in PSO2. Just saying.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah same here. Attacking multiple body parts, jumping on monsters, getting send flying when hit hard, it's all MH style. No surprise really though considering how huge MH series are in Japan.

Evading around the dragon in the caves and knocking off his tail piece, from what I saw from Monster Hunter. It is very comparable.

D-Inferno
May 3, 2012, 05:33 PM

The funny thing about this is that PSO2's map order might end up similar to SS's.

A forest
A volcano
A desert with remains of a technologically advanced civilizations
An area close to the forest, but with a lot of water/ice/H20
Returning to the desert (Ant Colony) (the ant enemies imply that the second Desert map is an Ant Colony of sorts)
Return to the volcano (Dragon Land) (you'd think that you'd return to the Cave first, but I highly doubt that the Ant Colony would be "harder" than ****ing Dragon Land)
The ruins (right near the forest)

You know what I'm getting at. However, this is the only similarity I see. Don't expect to get notices on your batteries running low, or waggling.

Resanoca
May 3, 2012, 05:55 PM
Ooh, very fitting! I've been bumpin some serious JDK/Falcom tunes during gameplay, it's amazing how well Ys music goes with PSO2.Ys~ ;D

Neith
May 3, 2012, 06:24 PM
Finally had a look back and really disappointed in the snow area; all they did was retexture forest! I know it's on the same planet/region but it's still a bit lazy.

Still looking forward to things but nothing from this briefing stood out to me.

ShadowDragon28
May 3, 2012, 06:26 PM
No offense, but I and I am sure others don't find spamming just ONE boss in one mission ad infinitum to farm Exp or meseta to be fun. That IMO is not fun. There's plenty of other things IMO to do in the game. I see no fun in rushing to max all Classes.

Hunting for specific Units and weapons, doing the client orders, trying to complete the Matter Board, play the story quests, is all alot more fun I think.

But sometimes I think SOME people need to take break and get some fresh air sometimes.

Also, I think it's really ridiculous that some people expecting a massive amount of content, like 10 areas, 15 bosses and class lvls going to LVL 200 max on day 1 of the official release are expecting WAY too much and are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

I think newcomers to PSO Ep1&2 or PSO BB where spoiled because those ports had build up content that was not present in Version 1 on the Dream Cast. It's really unrealistic to expect PSO2 to have content equeal to PSO:EpI&II or PSO:BB starting day 1.

Gardios
May 3, 2012, 06:35 PM
This might be shocking, but different people like different things. Some people like to play for the story, some would rather chat than going through dungeons and others like to max their chars as soon as possible. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

ShadowDragon28
May 3, 2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah, it's their choice to burn themselves out on a game in 7 days, and ignoring all the other elements of the game. I already know "different people like different things".

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it's their choice to burn themselves out on a game in 7 days, and ignoring all the other elements of the game. I already know "different people like different things".
Knew a few guys that generally hit the level cap the nights they got added in PSU, and they played the game from birth till death. Cap-rushing isn't my thing, as said, but yeah, different people are into different things and people have different drives for doing things. I don't personally understand it but I respect their drive and their enjoyment despite that.

catwat
May 3, 2012, 06:50 PM
I like the forest in winter area but i dont know what i should think about desert one yet. I was hoping for some interior one with a alot of robos and technology and computers and stuff. Kinda like mine in PSO1. Well i just hope they mix up the design of the stages a little bit, or it will get a bit repeative for me. I just hope to see more variety in their level design. Volcanic caves was a good change from playing forest but those 2 new ones look kinda generic and a bit of spin of just with a different setting

jmanx
May 3, 2012, 08:09 PM
Evading around the dragon in the caves and knocking off his tail piece, from what I saw from Monster Hunter. It is very comparable.

especially hotspots started on PSO, MH really took that number from pso