PDA

View Full Version : Possible Closed Beta 2?

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 12:28 AM
According to bumped.org's post, there's a possibility!

It happened for Alpha and I do think chances are there that it will come so what do you think?

Will it happen? Is it needed? Will SEGA keep their promise in releasing Final in the summer? Is having an Open Beta a better option over Closed Beta 2?

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 12:29 AM
YA OB ALL THE WAYYYY

Nurusanura
May 3, 2012, 12:36 AM
I don't think they'd ever skip out on an Open Beta. If a Closed Beta 2 were to happen, then everything would just be prolonged.

Polly
May 3, 2012, 12:39 AM
For all I care they can prolong it, testing the game as long as they want. The quality and stability of the game are more important to me than being able to play RITE NAO.

~Inu~
May 3, 2012, 12:41 AM
Open or closed beta, you know we'll all just play whatever opens up next... If they deleted our characters from CB1 and expect CB2 characters to level and get deleted again... That wouldn't be much fun.

Nurusanura
May 3, 2012, 12:41 AM
For all I care they can prolong it, testing the game as long as they want. The quality and stability of the game are more important to me than being able to play RITE NAO.

Quoted for truth. We don't need another FFXIV incident to happen. Although that game is pretty much getting a re-release. :P

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2012, 12:43 AM
If a Closed Beta 2 would serve the same functions of an Open Beta (sans servers stress testing, obviously), then I'd be all for it.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 12:44 AM
Unless it's saved, I don't wanna spend another week not doing anything useful with my life. ;o;

Fujiko
May 3, 2012, 12:45 AM
I hope they do a closed beta 2, not because we might be able to play again, but because the servers probably need it.

Lagging and having problems with just closed beta, when they open the flood gates to everyone, just imagine the problems.

Honestly though, it's pretty much the same song and dance for every MMO, open beta the first day is going to be crashing, laggy and hard to connect to. If they can minimize it as much as possible, they should do it.

Nurusanura
May 3, 2012, 12:53 AM
Beta testing usually involves more testing the game than having fun. If you are concerned about your character getting wiped, then Beta testing isn't for you. :P I got my character classes all to lvl 20 and then hunted rare weapons and items. It sucks to have lost her but I know if we got to keep all of our characters, the game would be boring really fast when its released. ^_^;

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 01:00 AM
I'm for it except for one thing, I will be making another character that's gonna be deleted.

stheno
May 3, 2012, 01:04 AM
They'll probably have some extra incentive to get people to test, like some more FUN points or something. The purpose of the extra test phase is for network stability testing so I'm sure they'll want a good sized population to be online at once.

~Inu~
May 3, 2012, 01:10 AM
Of course, I'm not going to complain about it. We were all prepared for shutdown day from when we created our IDs. It would just be kind of a bummer, I blame PSO2 for being so darn addictive!

Dabian
May 3, 2012, 01:19 AM
Get into enough Betas and you'll be numb to wipes. But yea, as many tests as they need to before releasing it > /looks at FFIV...

Kion
May 3, 2012, 01:20 AM
I hope not. It looks like they're planning on going straight from Open beta into full service. Meaning the next time PSO2 comes back, it`ll likely be permanent. More closed beta testing would just be a cock-tease.

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 01:35 AM
Do not want

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 01:40 AM
Like others have mentioned.....prolonging isn't a bad thing in this case.
It getting rid of all "loose ends" of the game so that the game won't be incomplete coming out or something...

I welcome either or.....
Even if Closed Beta 2 occured I'm sure those who participated in First CBT would automatically get in....

kyuuketsuki
May 3, 2012, 01:43 AM
Unless it's saved, I don't wanna spend another week not doing anything useful with my life. ;o;
In the long run, your characters are going to end up wiped if and when the servers go down when PSO2's life comes to a close. So instead of a week not doing anything useful with your life, you'll just have years of not doing anything useful with your life.

Unless you look at it like it is: if you're having fun, it's not wasted time. If you're not having fun, why are you playing?

Soul Guardian
May 3, 2012, 01:57 AM
If they do another short CBT, I hope they put those new outfits into it. I want to get a chance to see how Echo's outfit looks on my character while we still have free AC (if they put more in again, that is).

EDIT: Besides that, I really don't want to see this game get bad press on release because of server issues.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah, they need to add or unlock something else extra into CB2 if it happen for some sort of incentive to test it again.

Yeah I'm leaning towards Open beta at this point. Maybe just host a stress test for a couple of hours a day for a few days, that should be enough to go on before launching Open.

Zeota
May 3, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'm ok so long as there isn't a repeat of the derp-fest that was the first 48 hours, and subsequently the first month of JP PSU.

moorebounce
May 3, 2012, 09:58 AM
I don't think they'd ever skip out on an Open Beta. If a Closed Beta 2 were to happen, then everything would just be prolonged.

Not really they can use a CBT2 as their OBT. Who cares closed or open I'm in.

Hayde
May 3, 2012, 10:04 AM
As Moore stated, CBT2 could easily transition into OBT without much of a hitch especially if it ends up meeting their expectations. Say they try CBT2 for a week, or maybe a few days...find that the server lag and stability has been fixed--then they simply open the doors for the rest of the world (Japan).

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 10:07 AM
so more like a test within a test?

Hayde
May 3, 2012, 10:10 AM
so more like a test within a test?

Not the same company, but Square Enix did that with lolFFXIV. I was invited into CBT the summer before the game officially released, and we had the same characters and servers (though, they added a few more) when OBT launched shortly before release. Sadly, that didn't help them in the least with server lag, UI lag, and everything else that went wrong with that game. ^^;

For sake of confusion, I'm going to add that my XIV CBT characters were deleted a few times during this test; the character I started with on day 1 was not the same as the one I had on the final CBT/OBT.

Zeota
May 3, 2012, 10:29 AM
Not the same company, but Square Enix did that with lolFFXIV. I was invited into CBT the summer before the game officially released, and we had the same characters and servers (though, they added a few more) when OBT launched shortly before release. Sadly, that didn't help them in the least with server lag, UI lag, and everything else that went wrong with that game. ^^;

For sake of confusion, I'm going to add that my XIV CBT characters were deleted a few times during this test; the character I started with on day 1 was not the same as the one I had on the final CBT/OBT.

Oh, Christ on a bike.... Some of us are trying to forget that abomination even existed.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 10:35 AM
If playing in the CBT2 would help em, I'd do it. D; Even if I lost my character again. As much as I want to start working on my character and keeping him, it'd be nice to help them.

serenade
May 3, 2012, 10:40 AM
i wouldnt mind a close beta 2. gives me more time to upgrade my rig before the game releases.

CoffeeStained
May 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
Personally, I'd like another closed beta test, since I spent most of the first one noobing around, then be ready to tear through OB asap.

PrinceBrightstar
May 3, 2012, 11:11 AM
I for one would like to see them re-enable chairs if they start another closed beta test.

PSO Addict
May 3, 2012, 11:25 AM
If they did run another test, I would be sure to try out the skill tree builds that I failed to in this one so I can pick one without fearing the need to pay money not knowing what the other builds do.

Peejay
May 3, 2012, 11:26 AM
If they did run another test, I would be sure to try out the skill tree builds that I failed to in this one so I can pick one without fearing the need to pay money not knowing what the other builds do.

I think I'd buy an extra character slot for that purpose, so my main could be perfect while I use a dummy character slot and remake it over and over until I'm satisfied with the results that will inevitably make me hit the per-hit damage cap, if there is any.

SZiadaN
May 3, 2012, 11:52 PM
Ok, so I just now noticed this topic..

"According to bumped.org's post"
So, I fail at finding this part, but where did they get the information that Sega might have another CB? Or are they only just taking a wild guess based on the fact that CB suffered from connection problems and that they had 2 Alphas?

Didn't Sega, themselves, say that they were going for Open Beta now? I doubt they'd suddenly change their minds on this and open another Closed Beta. Also, considering that they KNEW about the problems during CB and even decided to prolong the wait for OB because of this, they probably would of mentioned the possibilities of a second CB by now if that question was even on the table.

Edit: lol nvm, I found the post about it. Seems Sakai himselves mentioned the "CB2". >_>

Nurusanura
May 4, 2012, 07:02 AM
I think I'd buy an extra character slot for that purpose, so my main could be perfect while I use a dummy character slot and remake it over and over until I'm satisfied with the results that will inevitably make me hit the per-hit damage cap, if there is any.

You forget that they allow you to add another Skill Tree slot for your character. I bought an expansion for my Hunter Skill tree so when I used a sword, I had one designated for that specifically, then when I wanted to use Partisan, I also changed my skilltree for that. ^_^

If you were suggesting that making a dummy character for the sole purpose of testing and min/maxing, then my bad, i misunderstood. ^^;