PDA

View Full Version : Level Variety: Anything you'd like to see?

~Inu~
May 3, 2012, 12:58 AM
I enjoy variety in the levels we get, caves, forests, seabeds, craters, etc. etc.
Are there any other interesting places/quests you'd like to see in the future??
I think unusual and spectacular settings are very important for any kinds of JRPGs, so I'm surprised I couldn't find a discussion like this.

Remember, this is just purely for fun... Where would you like to go? what do you want to beat up?

For me, I'd really enjoy a forest of dead trees or a ghost ship where you have to fight ghosts (weak against holy, probably). Ghosts aren't very 'Phantasy Star' but I would really enjoy seeing some kind of 'spooky level' in the future.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 01:03 AM
8-bit super mario bros. level where you fight goombas and bowser is a boss!

Blackheart521
May 3, 2012, 01:03 AM
I think it'd be cool to have some sort of sky area like A floating island or something, there could be a bunch of Wind enemies there, would be an interesting mechanic, have fans that would make you float and heavy platforming elements... would make for an interesting battle scene.

Nurusanura
May 3, 2012, 01:04 AM
OIL OCEAN! Because you know Oil And Water can't mix!

Chik'Tikka
May 3, 2012, 01:04 AM
outside the city ship, in specially designed space suits that conform to everyone's costume choice (except CASTs, CAST we don't *need* air or pressure like you fleshies) with more stars and spacial phenomena as well as extreme low G (the ships internal gravity makes the outside like the moon)+^_^+ or flying your own ship, with controls taken from MS flight+^_^+

~Inu~
May 3, 2012, 01:05 AM
Heh, suddenly I'm thinking of Sonic levels in PSO2.

Goat666
May 3, 2012, 01:10 AM
A lab or something actually sci-fi is what I would like to see, so far we're just getting more natural environmentz (even city if you want) and that's not exactly what I expect when playing any phantasy star game.

Blackheart521
May 3, 2012, 01:11 AM
Heh, suddenly I'm thinking of Sonic levels in PSO2.

Chemical Plant Zone, complete with the badass music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYB7iLZNWE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYB7iLZNWE

Cyrusnagisa
May 3, 2012, 01:13 AM
I would be happy with a "holodeck" type of thing, where we can go to the older areas of PSO/PSU, or at least PSO ^.^

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2012, 01:14 AM
An underwater level that has you running through a Sealab-esque series of bubble-domes where you can see the fishes and other ocean life swimming outside.

Drifting Fable
May 3, 2012, 01:16 AM
A Space station or a large underground base. Yes I was a proud lover of the PSO mines and Spaceship.

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 01:25 AM
There should be uber places that arent easy to get too. lol

Like having to hunt an item that gains you access and gets destroyed once u use it.. have to hunt the item again to get there something like that. And its wicked deadly there, so best to team up with others that happen to have gotten the item and go together... Or more emergency quest areas like urban, events like that happening continuously with amazing places !! go go go .

Scarcity aswell as variety.. it can get us so much more excite knowing that not just anyone can get there willy nilly.... Some effort involved, or having to be dedicated enough to log on at the right times or wait for the right times.

Soul Guardian
May 3, 2012, 01:31 AM
They're adding a snow level, but it's basically a snowy part of the forest on Naberius so.....I'd like to see a snow type level that actually takes place way high up in the mountains and in ice caves, or something similar to that.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 01:37 AM
Missions with lots of water

Beaches

Underwater labs

Submerged cities

Marshlands (like PSZ)

Did I mention beaches?

And something high up in the mountains again, kind of like some neudaiz missions. But a little more natural looking, yet just as magical. Or more like PSO's mountain.

And a space station, technically we're ON one but... doesn't feel like we're in space with our man-made atsomphere and gravity.

So a space station/possibly an abandoned one, with low gravity and... you can actually see space, and fight robots a lot.

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 01:44 AM
Missions with lots of water

Beaches

Underwater labs

Submerged cities

Marshlands (like PSZ)

Did I mention beaches?

And something high up in the mountains again, kind of like some neudaiz missions. But a little more natural looking, yet just as magical. Or more like PSO's mountain.

And a space station, technically we're ON one but... doesn't feel like we're in space with our man-made atsomphere and gravity.

So a space station/possibly an abandoned one, with low gravity and... you can actually see space, and fight robots a lot.

You reminded me of Episode 2 PSOBB.

Damn son.. They should remake all the old maps just for shits and giggles.

Enforcer MKV
May 3, 2012, 01:48 AM
They're adding a snow level, but it's basically a snowy part of the forest on Naberius so.....I'd like to see a snow type level that actually takes place way high up in the mountains and in ice caves, or something similar to that.

It looked like there was a section that wasn't in the original forest, it was in one of the videos Vash posted. I could be wrong about that section being new, though I don't think I am. It reminded me of a mountainous region.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 01:51 AM
You reminded me of Episode 2 PSOBB.

Damn son.. They should remake all the old maps just for shits and giggles.

Yeah that was the only thing in PSO that stood out to me "atmospherically" and it really stuck, The whole dangerous adventures on a beautiful planet thing. Where as episode one, you get this nice forest, then the rest of the game you're just underground...

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 01:52 AM
Yeah that was the only thing in PSO that stood out to me "atmospherically" and it really stuck, The whole dangerous adventures on a beautiful planet thing. Where as episode one, you get this nice forest, then the rest of the game you're just underground...

Yes. Visually Episode 2 was the best.
Actually fun to play through aswell.

Ep 1 was so straightforward...
and Ep 4 was like.. Same everything in each area.

Soul Guardian
May 3, 2012, 01:54 AM
It looked like there was a section that wasn't in the original forest, it was in one of the videos Vash posted. I could be wrong about that section being new, though I don't think I am. It reminded me of a mountainous region.

Yeah I saw that, but I'm meaning more like, WAYYYY up super high in the mountains, like at cloud level or something. Unless I'm totally missing something. It could even be an area on Naberius, given those rather large mountains in the forest background.

kyuuketsuki
May 3, 2012, 02:08 AM
An underwater level that has you running through a Sealab-esque series of bubble-domes where you can see the fishes and other ocean life swimming outside.
So... rather like the Seabed from Ep2?

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2012, 02:09 AM
So... rather like the Seabed from Ep2?

Sort of, but I'd like the outside much more visible.

Soul Guardian
May 3, 2012, 02:13 AM

Something like would be very interesting to me if they could have some sort of event (a large boss enemy of some sort maybe) that breaks the covering and floods parts of the level.

kyuuketsuki
May 3, 2012, 02:22 AM
So like Bioshock then? ;)

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2012, 02:23 AM
So like Bioshock then? ;)

I guess. Didn't play much of Bioshock; didn't like it very much.

Soul Guardian
May 3, 2012, 02:25 AM
I guess. Didn't play much of Bioshock; didn't like it very much.

Well, it takes place entirely in an underwater city. So..yeah.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 02:27 AM
We need a sky level, we're all anime characters, we can handle standing on top of jets. D:

Something like Sonic 3 and Knuckles' sky sanctuary remake in generations. /drool

But more RPG setting-like.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2012, 02:29 AM
Well, it takes place entirely in an underwater city. So..yeah.

No kidding.

Nurusanura
May 3, 2012, 02:45 AM
I want a beach level so I can fight giant crabs!

Blizz3112
May 3, 2012, 05:29 AM
A nightmarish world created by Falz, tormenting you as you play through it... :evil:

Otherwise, it would be nice to have an ice mountain level, where you slowly have to reach the top while boudlers and snowballs are ready to crush you and just shooting grenade launchers and mines will cause dangerous landslides and avalanches... ;-)

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 06:18 AM
Would love to see anything similar to:

- Undersea lab from PSP2
- The tower of Ohtoku Castle from PSP2
- Ancient's Ship from PSP2i
- Clad 6 beach resort from PSP2i
- Air Castle from PS1/4
- Classic-series Rykros (Le Roof, Le Roof, Le Roof is on fiyah!)
- That weird organic tower from PS4
- The Edge from PS4

Ce'Nedra
May 3, 2012, 06:33 AM
- Factory like level with just machines/robots (Thinking about something like Mechonic Field from Xenoblade Chronicles, one of my fav area, and its music is awesome too)
- Jungle (PSO Style, not PSP2/I's)
- Undersea level (Could be like Seabeds but could be something completely diffrent too)
- a Swamp could be nice. (Like Conal Currach from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)
- Spaceship, we can't have a PSO without a Spaceship, was my favorite area all time, and Tricktrack is simply win too!
- Darkers planet? They have to species from some kind of planet I would think, could be cool to have a massive all out attack area where you see tons of machine guns arround firing in the sky and streets like in the Emergency Quest city, but then x10

That's it for now

Hrith
May 3, 2012, 06:50 AM
My favourite landscapes are desert and snowy mountains, and I know we are getting both :)

I guess I would also like marshlands - foggy, dirty, dreadful marshes.

Gunslinger-08
May 3, 2012, 06:57 AM
Derelict spaceships are always fun to explore.

What I want the most already seems to be in the game, though. I loved Moatoob and its desert areas in PSU!

Titan
May 3, 2012, 07:02 AM
I would like to see a level made out of candy.

LokinModar
May 3, 2012, 08:07 AM
I want something like Surferio lost gardens from Star Ocean 3
Oh, ad something like Firewall form Star Ocean 3 mixed with Spaceship form PSO Ep II

And some ruins like that stage from Sonic Advventure 1 (much like "Macchu Picchu style" ruins) or like that city of Angkor Vat in Cambodja

And of course an Abandoned Lab, mixing the Mines form Ep I with Seabed but where you actually see the abandoned test subject containers, the papers all scattered around, much like there was an horrible incident and the Lab was abandoned in an emergency (like the lab from Breath of fire V our some resident Evil lab)

Chives
May 3, 2012, 08:07 AM
I always like levels that take place outside. I'm into mayan and incan ruins, so maybe something like a machu picchu type level. Kinda like the temple in PSO Ep 2 but on a hill top.

And as everyone else has said, derelict spaceships/abandoned space stations/colonies are a perfect fit for Phantasy Star.

LokinModar
May 3, 2012, 08:09 AM
My favourite landscapes are desert and snowy mountains, and I know we are getting both :)

I guess I would also like marshlands - foggy, dirty, dreadful marshes.

A place like NAbreus deadlands and The Necrohol of Nabudis from Final Fantasy XII

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 08:38 AM
I always like levels that take place outside. I'm into mayan and incan ruins, so maybe something like a machu picchu type level. Kinda like the temple in PSO Ep 2 but on a hill top.
Dude. Every dungeon from Illusion of Gaia should be made into a playable map. Incan ruins, the pyramids, the Great Wall....that'd be awesome.

Sidney
May 3, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'd love to see a FFX Besaid Island style tropical area, complete with areas where you have to swim AND kill monsters. :)

Para
May 3, 2012, 01:44 PM
I miss the old Subterranean Desert from PSO BB. The quicksand, the cati :wacko:, the crystals etc.

FerrPSO
May 3, 2012, 02:10 PM
I wish for something creepy and labyrintic, like Ruins 3 or Seabed 3.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 02:18 PM
I would like to see Extend Codes (from PSP2) come to PSO2.

It was really nice to have a lower leveled weapon to be able to become a high tier weapon that you can continue using at higher levels. So I was able to use Excalibur even at level 90 and do decent damage with it on PSP2. Making some of the unique weapons with lower stats more useful in the end.

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 02:53 PM
Ghosts aren't very 'Phantasy Star' but I would really enjoy seeing some kind of 'spooky level' in the future.

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/genesis/ps4/images/Monsterpics/haunt.jpgHaunts are sad they aren't rememberedhttp://shrines.rpgclassics.com/genesis/ps4/images/Monsterpics/haunt.jpg

So far that I can think, there are two areas that I'd love to see. First, water areas. They're always in the game somehow, so I'm not worried I won't see it. Many people have already stated what they want to see, and I agree with all of them. Seabed styled "look out into the ocean in a lab", beaches, islands... Preferably, just being out on the ocean and fighting underwater, or on top of it!

Second, is a zone that doesn't make sense. PSIV's scar of darkness, for instance, might be an example. I didn't like the area, but the fact that you're walking on glass platforms in a dimension made out of changing colors is a cool thought. Something like Rainbow Road, or Cloud Cuckooland, while a bit too lighthearted, is also the same idea. Something that overloads the senses with the nonsensical, making you give up all you know about the universe.

Of course, a classic flesh area is also welcome. Ruins 3 is most notable. I love the sense of terror you get from being surrounded by evil so strong, you can see it living and growing.

Gardios
May 3, 2012, 03:01 PM
Castle, with the boss fight at the top.
Desert ruins. Best would be if you start outside and then get an area of underground ruins.
Invaded ARKS base on a planet that you have to clear.

I'd love to see a FFX Besaid Island style tropical area, complete with areas where you have to swim AND kill monsters. :)

Definitely agree. I love me my tropical jungle. We probably won't get swimming since it's extra work, but that's fine by me!

Vashyron
May 3, 2012, 03:28 PM
Personally I would like areas that are obvious throw backs to Episode 2 maps as I loved them all visually.

Well, more so Temple with the expansive Water all around.
Gal Da Val Island with the lush Jungle with the Beach. (Loved the Control area as short as it was, with the awesome view and all that fog.)
Lower Seabed because..... man I just love maps that use a ton of water.

Hrith
May 3, 2012, 03:33 PM
A place like the Nabreus Deadlands and The Necrohol of Nabudis from Final Fantasy XIIExactly, oh god I loved those areas, that'd be so cool in PSO2.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 03:35 PM
http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/genesis/ps4/images/Monsterpics/haunt.jpgHaunts are sad they aren't rememberedhttp://shrines.rpgclassics.com/genesis/ps4/images/Monsterpics/haunt.jpg

So far that I can think, there are two areas that I'd love to see. First, water areas. They're always in the game somehow, so I'm not worried I won't see it. Many people have already stated what they want to see, and I agree with all of them. Seabed styled "look out into the ocean in a lab", beaches, islands... Preferably, just being out on the ocean and fighting underwater, or on top of it!

Second, is a zone that doesn't make sense. PSIV's scar of darkness, for instance, might be an example. I didn't like the area, but the fact that you're walking on glass platforms in a dimension made out of changing colors is a cool thought. Something like Rainbow Road, or Cloud Cuckooland, while a bit too lighthearted, is also the same idea. Something that overloads the senses with the nonsensical, making you give up all you know about the universe.

Of course, a classic flesh area is also welcome. Ruins 3 is most notable. I love the sense of terror you get from being surrounded by evil so strong, you can see it living and growing.

Yeah we could use a couple amazing technicolor battlefields and rainbow road/Sonic chaos emerald challenge-like places. D:

jmanx
May 3, 2012, 03:36 PM
Chemical Plant Zone, complete with the badass music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYB7iLZNWE

Argh ihu u beat me to it

but yea as platformer this game feels we could use some greenhill zone ya know

and also wheres my facility levels guise

Randomness
May 3, 2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah we could use a couple amazing technicolor battlefields and rainbow road/Sonic chaos emerald challenge-like places. D:

Technicolor battlefield, you say?

I think the closest we've gotten is Falz's final form.

Peejay
May 3, 2012, 04:35 PM
Needs more Canada.

Link1275
May 3, 2012, 04:37 PM
8-bit super mario bros. level where you fight goombas and bowser is a boss!

I think that there would be some copyright problems with that idea.

Ce'Nedra
May 3, 2012, 04:55 PM
Dude. Every dungeon from Illusion of Gaia should be made into a playable map. Incan ruins, the pyramids, the Great Wall....that'd be awesome.

Oh god yeah. All of them well except that maze level maybe. God I hate that level, I always get lost there and spend a good hour or two finding the exit after obtaining whatever it was again I need there. Also, sky garden would be win. Would be interesting at least to see your chars jump off the edge just to land on the other site of themap.

Also gib Watermia as a second city you can visit.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2012, 04:58 PM
Something from NiGHTs: Into Dreams would be cool. Mainly Soft Museum, Spring Valley and/or Splash Garden.

jmanx
May 3, 2012, 05:59 PM
I really hope they implement death pits and stuff into the game and obtaining the ability to double jump later on

chiyonictrilostick
May 3, 2012, 06:26 PM
i want a stage with multiple floors, maybe a tower or something like that. yeah that would be cool

~Inu~
May 3, 2012, 08:13 PM
Holy cow, I didn't expect my post to go over so well overnight.

I'm loving the Illusion of Gaia, and NiGHTs suggestions... PSO-World has so much imagination!

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 08:46 PM
Technicolor battlefield, you say?

I think the closest we've gotten is Falz's final form.

Huh, good point. An entire level of Falz's final form would be great! The stage is his flying glyphs, and the background is that weird stuff nobody notices in the background because holy fuck the demon is an angel. I'd settle for that.

Masa-san
May 3, 2012, 08:48 PM
i wanna be the guy stages/bosses

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah we kind of had this thread before, but I would like something I brought up before, like a huge challenge tower that would take DAYS to complete, but it would give you lots of rewards, but it would be extremely difficult and you could only do it once a week or 10 days or something.

It could have like 500 floors and go all the way into space, and sometimes you can even scale the outside of it, and it'd have lots of maybe not challenging because I wouldn't expect THAT much from this game's design, but at least kind of tricky when mixed together with tough monsters.

It would have to be awesome looking visually too.

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2012, 08:52 PM
A three-block map that is the entirety of the Profound Darkness fight from PS4. Secret boss. Because holy crap I want to see that fight modernized.

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah we kind of had this thread before, but I would like something I brought up before, like a huge challenge tower that would take DAYS to complete, but it would give you lots of rewards, but it would be extremely difficult and you could only do it once a week or 10 days or something.

It could have like 500 floors and go all the way into space, and sometimes you can even scale the outside of it, and it'd have lots of maybe not challenging because I wouldn't expect THAT much from this game's design, but at least kind of tricky when mixed together with tough monsters.

Oh, with a window to the outside, so you can see how high up you are! Start off underground or underwater, then slowly rise to the surface, pass the clouds, and head off to space! That would be neat.

A three-block map that is the entirety of the Profound Darkness fight from PS4. Secret boss. Because holy crap I want to see that fight modernized.

Yes, only because I want to fight something made out of blob and teeth and massiveness.

Blizz3112
May 4, 2012, 03:46 PM

Even better, make the characters fight all the forms of Dark Falz ever created in the PS series and let them eventually merge into Profound Darkness as the final boss... XD...

Cayenne
May 4, 2012, 03:49 PM
SEGA needs to see this thread.

Imagine like 60+ levels all from the fan's imagination in PSO2 in the next couple of years lol.

~Inu~
May 4, 2012, 10:37 PM

This.

terrell707
May 4, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm surprised no one has said this (or maybe someone has and I just glazed over it) but I'd love to see more gimmicks in a level. Such as a spaceship in which the gravity is all wonky and you can jump super high in some rooms and maybe can't jump at all in others. Or maybe even a level in which the wind blows so hard that it can push you back, or a sandstorm that hinders your vision for awhile.
Something that I find funny also is how perfectly PSU's ice and fire seed thing would fit into the random nature of this game. Imagine running into the multiparty area of the forest and finding the whole thing on fire! or walking into the caves and finding the whole area iced over.

LokinModar
May 5, 2012, 10:05 AM

This and with the Tower of Caelum music from PSO Ep 3.

I'd like to see some Via Tubus complete scenario too. Where you get the "train", fight monsters to get to another station and so on...

serenade
May 5, 2012, 10:10 AM
the seabed and control tower were my favorite levels in PSO ep 1 and 2.

i'd love to see a remake of those. especially with their heightened difficulty. this game could use a good challenge.

Rauten
May 5, 2012, 10:19 AM
I've probably said it before, but what the hell.

Seabed needs to return. With it's insane difficulty, it's claustrophobic feeling of isolation, and it's kickass songs.
I mean, just imagine for a second. Just imagine it, what Olga first form could be like in PSO2.
It'd blow minds.

darkante
May 5, 2012, 10:25 AM
Seabed (big surprise) and Ruins (love that place).

Now throw in some Necromorphs and we are all set. XD

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
May 5, 2012, 10:46 AM
I would love to see the Seabed return with all of it's aquatic glory. I liked to look through the windows and see all the little fishes swimming around in the ocean, as well as my character's reflection. It gave that level a bit more satisfaction to run through.

Also, I like the idea of fighting high in the sky. I'm a sucker for really really high places and deep underwater facilities.

Ce'Nedra
May 5, 2012, 10:59 AM
I guess a area like MHtri's Flooded Forest would be awesome, rain and swimming included.

In fact...PSO2 with underwater combat would be...godlike.

NoiseHERO
May 5, 2012, 11:06 AM
Oh man... An under water boss like the one from twilight princess...(Man that game had fun bosses still need skyward...)

COULD they just... add swimming like that? e_e

Zorafim
May 5, 2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah, they could. It'd be tough as crackers, but they could go ahead and code underwater movement, and sneak it in with an update. I wouldn't expect it any time soon, as it'd take forever to code and foreverer to test, but it's possible to add.

darkante
May 5, 2012, 01:16 PM
That would be pretty damn sweet.
But i doubt they do it...ever.

Kazzi
May 5, 2012, 01:18 PM
Seabed (big surprise) and Ruins (love that place).

Now throw in some Necromorphs and we are all set. XD

Seabed was such an awesome stage, I'd love to see it return as well. Especially with the water mechanics they showcased in Forest!

Jinketsu
May 5, 2012, 01:31 PM
I would be happy with a "holodeck" type of thing, where we can go to the older areas of PSO/PSU, or at least PSO ^.^

I second this. Going through a simulated "Forest" area with Boomas and the like would be amazing!

Zorafim
May 5, 2012, 01:34 PM
PSU already did it. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again just because it'd be easy. This time hopefully with the original map layout.
But at the same time, they really don't need to. We've already got forest and caves 1, and these are so much neater than their originals. Caves 2 and 3 would be neat too, but I'd prefer them on a different planet.

Cayenne
May 5, 2012, 02:07 PM
Playing classic levels in a modern game are always WINS.

I would love if they put PSO classic levels in with the exact same graphics, same enemy models, and same attack patterns (not like PSP's Boomas).

Remember when Castle Wolfenstein was in Doom 2? Oh man that was great, killing enemies with Doom weapons.

I want to whip and throw boomas with PSO2 PAs!!!

NoiseHERO
May 5, 2012, 02:10 PM
Bollocks to PSO ep 1 stages, PSU's MAX ATTACK G already made me sick of them. BRING ON THE EP 2!

yoshiblue
May 5, 2012, 02:16 PM
How about bringing back that snowboarding level from Sonic Adventure?

Cayenne
May 5, 2012, 02:18 PM
Bollocks to PSO ep 1 stages, PSU's MAX ATTACK G already made me sick of them. BRING ON THE EP 2!

Glad I never played PSU/PSP much, never reached those stages and fought only a handful of boomas.

Looks like ignoring PSU payed off for me :P

kudo
May 5, 2012, 02:38 PM
This suggestion probably would apply to any mmorpg. But I'd really like to see more teamwork and party coordination involved and required in instances. Perhaps just a select few, good old boss bashing is fine for others. Its something much easier to ask for than actually implement, but I'd like to see how it'd turn out.

Chaos Dragon
May 5, 2012, 02:44 PM
Just a small vision:

I would like to see an abandoned resort. The city would be flooded and full of beautiful looking water that would sit just a little below your knees. Aquatic flowers would float on top of the shimmering water and they would consist of many colors. There would be broken debris in the water, mainly boulders from destroyed buildings. Tropical vines will cover a lot of what remains of the old wreckage. The sky would consist of colors of purple, pink, blues, and greys and would be accompanied by a beautiful sunset.

The enemies would consist of mutated sharks and unique sea life. Zonde would be a big asset on this stage against them. There would be a mutated turtle-like creature that would have a resistance to the lighting and physical attacks. Fire would be useful against them because the temperature would be something they could not stand being that they are incased in a thick shell. There will be Sea Horses and will have quick movements in the water.

The boss would be a huge water chimera that would carry traits of a leviathan. It will be able to turn its’ body into water and disappear. It will be able to randomly emerge anywhere.

chiyonictrilostick
May 5, 2012, 02:51 PM
As long as it doesn't break my immersion, because that's what's today's all about. If anything breaks the immersion it wont be a good game. For it to be immersive it needs to be realistic. I want my fields to look like the ones you'd find in a mountain for example with lifelike creatures. When I stroll through neverius don't want to be reminded that I am playing a just a fantasy. We play for the immersion. If the PSO2 doesn't deliver that then failure is imminent.

Blizz3112
May 5, 2012, 05:34 PM
I would also love to see another Alien/space ship that just shapes/colors differently every time you press a button around the map, and could even make all the rooms turn 90 degrees if its possible to perform...

StingArt
May 7, 2012, 12:11 PM
An old wooden pirate sand ship! It has to have absurd rooms like a torture chamber to mix in a little bit of ruins feeling and a couple of wild growing plants to get that forest thing going on. The map will have 2 mini bosses unique to its level and the immortal captain bones at the end of the stage, he might be immortal but you gotta sink the ship to banash him.

As long as it doesn't break my immersion, because that's what's today's all about. We play for the immersion. If the PSO2 doesn't deliver that then failure is imminent.

I don't. I'm running around on space ships fighting monsters and to top it off i'm doing it with with photon weapons. Thats a nice touch of realism we got going don't ya think. If i want to experience a mounting i'd go outside, if i want a river i'd be swimming. I'd rather work today because i know the fruits will be better tomorrow. This game isn't real life and i'm not lookin for games that are exactly like it. The awesomess of a game isn't defined by how real it is.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 7, 2012, 12:54 PM
Just a small vision:
I would like to see an abandoned resort. The city would be flooded and full of beautiful looking water that would sit just a little below your knees.

my god i just dreamed about a very similar beautiful place today

i woke up RIGHT WHEN MY DREAM GOT TO THE DAMN PLACE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH it was so *sob* beautiful

@stingart immersion =/= real life. if you played pso 1+2 in it's glory days, especially ep 2 imo, you'd understand what we all mean when we say "pso had some kind of immersive atmosphere many games don't have"

DemonMike
May 7, 2012, 01:12 PM
Eternal Tower plz.

Zorafim
May 7, 2012, 01:21 PM
How about bringing back that snowboarding level from Sonic Adventure?

Only if we snowboard down it with our grenade launchers.

NoiseHERO
May 7, 2012, 02:49 PM
Skateboards...

Or PSZ style shields.

And one of them can be a skateboard. (PA that slides across the ground)

catwat
May 7, 2012, 02:56 PM
Eternal Tower plz.

^lol this!
There are allready so many ps0ish elements in it, why not

EmberTurmoil
May 7, 2012, 08:56 PM
I would like to see a crater area, i only played Pso Ep1+2 and a small bit of universe, and i believe that area was what? from blue burst?

a new variation of mines would give us some artifical level. maybe it could be visually electric in a lot of ways, like a lot of the machinery has visual energy flowing through it, and sparks running along coils and such.

I do agree with that idea of an underwater themed one, though it would be more interesting if there were more transparent dome walls, unlike the seabed.

How about a mineral/metal esque area, flowing with liquid silver / lithium rivers.

A cloud scene would be amazing as well.

A vibrant crystalized forest would be a sight

A marshlike area with tons of chemical pools and poisonous looking plants.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 7, 2012, 08:58 PM
Think it would be neat if they add numerous minigames this just giving a stretch but like a mini version of mario party were has nothing to do with the main game itself but it's something fun to do to pass the time.

I already mentioned this in a previous thread but that weather actually affects (Sometimes hinders) players whether it's movement,vision(map), or slight damage over time (like say acid rain)

PSO Addict
May 7, 2012, 09:09 PM
A level where you are mind controlled and you are forced to use cards to summon boomas to destroy the space ship while a different team combats them trying to defend it.

Peejay
May 7, 2012, 09:17 PM
A level where you are mind controlled and you are forced to use cards to summon boomas to destroy the space ship while a different team combats them trying to defend it.

This reminds me of another game I think I've played. All I can recall is that it was Source-engine based.

Agitated_AT
May 7, 2012, 09:23 PM
Havent read any other comments so no doubt its been mentioned before, but i wont more indoor dungeons with gates and doors. Everything that has been revealed seems to be outdoors

LokinModar
May 7, 2012, 09:23 PM

And Amplum Umbra is Shion

Randomness
May 7, 2012, 10:27 PM
Someone already said a sky level I think...

I want a level themed around the third round of Falz. An entire level of magic circles in the sky. Preferably with backdrops from the various planets. It's the perfect lead in to a final boss.

yoshiblue
May 7, 2012, 10:42 PM
I did think of a boss smacking/wrecking your ship and causing your team to free fall from the sky.

EMERGENCY CODE: Free Falling Boss Battle.

Peejay
May 7, 2012, 10:44 PM
I did think of a boss smacking your wrecking your ship and causing your team to free fall from the sky.

I cringe at the physics limitations of this.

yoshiblue
May 7, 2012, 10:51 PM
I never went sky diving so I can't say for sure how much time you have to beat it.

Min/maxers: Sky dive, wirelances only! D:<

Edit: Fixed the grammar error on last post.

Chaos Dragon
May 7, 2012, 11:39 PM
Another thought:

I would love to see an event in which we would have to defend the Colony Ship from invading enemies and the boss would be a Code: Rush. During this part of the event, you would have to take out a boss that has infected the ships control room, which is now on a crash course to earth. As we fight the boss, it would be pretty awesome to see the ships progress (through the windows) as we get closer to earth.

Somewhat similar to Yoshiblue with some tweaks.

Peejay
May 7, 2012, 11:40 PM
Another thought:

I would love to see an event in which we would have to defend the Colony Ship from invading enemies and the boss would be a Code: Rush. During this part of the event, you would have to take out a boss that has infected the ships control room, which is now on a crash course to earth. As we fight the boss, it would be pretty awesome to see the ships progress (through the windows) as we get closer to earth.

I'm reminded of X5. I also think it would be a physics nightmare, again. Imagine if you screwed up? You'd have to wonder how you're even playing the game anymore.

Vashyron
May 7, 2012, 11:42 PM
If you fail it was VR / A Dream! If you win it wasn't!

...:wacko:

Ryo
May 7, 2012, 11:47 PM
I would love to have a battle in Camineet! With Alisa and Tyrone as NPCs!

Chaos Dragon
May 7, 2012, 11:47 PM
I'm reminded of X5. I also think it would be a physics nightmare, again. Imagine if you screwed up? You'd have to wonder how you're even playing the game anymore.

Well in the case of you failing, it would be like any other mission or event. You would just go back to the mission counter and hope the event comes back again so you can hopefully beat it.

No mission is ever set in stone when you think about it, you can always beat them again. Otherwise we would only be able to kill the dragon boss once and never again.

As far as the physics, all that would actually be moving would be the scenery not us. Think of it as the moving clouds on the forest level. Just to be clear, only the ship is freefalling not us as characters.

Boodendorf
May 8, 2012, 01:54 AM
As far as the physics, all that would actually be moving would be the scenery not us. Think of it as the moving clouds on the forest level. Just to be clear, only the ship is freefalling not us as characters.

What about the fact that the ship is falling and so some boxes in the ship will probably come to randomly smack you in the face or stuff like that? It'd be too weird if just the scenery was moving, you'd need to slightly tweak the physics during the event to make it "real" though (like lighter gravity or the ground shaking or something like that.)

Sidney
May 8, 2012, 03:26 AM
I did think of a boss smacking/wrecking your ship and causing your team to free fall from the sky.

THAT... WOULD BE SO COOL. c:
Yes, please!

NoiseHERO
May 8, 2012, 06:08 AM
Someone already said a sky level I think....

But EVERYONE already said seabed and giant tower like 3424324234234 times as well.

May as well let THIS one slide!

YEAH!

YOU'RE ALL FLAWED AT READING OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS!

Sidney
May 8, 2012, 06:45 AM
It might be VERY out of place for a PS game, but perhaps an Arabic inspired area? Like in Skies of Arcadia? :) Man, that would be amazing.

darkante
May 8, 2012, 09:49 AM
Arabic you say..hmm gotta have some magic carpets with that.
Ohh and a Genie to grind your gear.

Chik'Tikka
May 8, 2012, 11:32 AM
It might be VERY out of place for a PS game, but perhaps an Arabic inspired area? Like in Skies of Arcadia? :) Man, that would be amazing.

the Palace of Azad from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time+^_^+ great game if you haven't played it yet!!

HeartBreak301
May 8, 2012, 12:03 PM
Arctic tundra, Lost Planet style. So far every PS game that's had a snowy area has been pretty calm, why can't we ever fight in a raging blizzard? (having it actually reduce visibility past a certain distance would also be cool)

NoiseHERO
May 8, 2012, 12:08 PM
Arctic tundra, Lost Planet style. So far every PS game that's had a snowy area has been pretty calm, why can't we ever fight in a raging blizzard? (having it actually reduce visibility past a certain distance would also be cool)

We HAVE a snow map now. D:

HeartBreak301
May 8, 2012, 12:10 PM
But is it as EXTREME as you'd like it to be?

(also my friends need to feed me better intel seeing as how I missed the beta)

Fhin
May 8, 2012, 12:19 PM

But a sky area where you have to take an elevator from the bottom of the planet to an upper area high up would be nice imo. :o

Taitu
May 8, 2012, 12:25 PM
Emergency Mission on the Arks' Ship.

NoiseHERO
May 8, 2012, 12:28 PM
But is it as EXTREME as you'd like it to be?

(also my friends need to feed me better intel seeing as how I missed the beta)

Well we've only seen like a minute of footage, But I do hope it has snow storms to help the extremity. Though for sure to make up for it, if it's not, the monsters and bosses look really tough and fast paced.

Also it's a forest re-skin, BUT it's a nicely done reskin(and the snowy weather IS there) and if anything it makes sense as a reskin, because it's probably the next area over if you look at the snowy mountains in the background of the forest.

HeartBreak301
May 8, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hmm, I'll have to go do some digging then. Sounds pretty interesting, even for a re-skin. It'd still be nice to see a glacial type area though as well as a mountain.

Drekko
May 8, 2012, 12:38 PM
I like the Space idea more, zero G combat anyone?

darkante
May 8, 2012, 12:44 PM
Yesh, just donīt forget the Necromorphs.
Also, INB4 Unitology supremacy.

Ryo
May 8, 2012, 06:14 PM
Emergency Mission on the Arks' Ship.

That's what the city is. The city is on the ship, IIRC.

Peejay
May 8, 2012, 06:20 PM
Has VR been covered? I wonder what a VR mission area would look like? As far as traversible terrain goes, you would probably be pretty blocked in. Darkers infecting system files and anti-virus could make some interesting effects for your ventures into whatever you're doing in there.

terrell707
May 8, 2012, 06:49 PM
I think a level like Orphan's Cradle from FF13 would be pretty cool.