PDA

View Full Version : Thank god for AC scape dolls

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 01:48 AM
:-)

Saved my ass many a times over.

8-) I got so quick at clicking it, felt like i wasnt even dying.

Also, am i the only one who still had AC left on the final days, probably still 800+ just before it closed too.. hmm.

Hayde
May 3, 2012, 01:49 AM
I probably wouldn't get too comfortable with that....wouldn't want to use $20.00 USD of scape dolls in less than a month, would you? :) Figuratively speaking of course....we have no idea what the AC > Yen/USD conversion rate will be.

Kraiseson
May 3, 2012, 01:50 AM
lol I sure hope a scape doll isnt too expensive.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 01:56 AM
For the first 4 days I didn't use Scape Dolls since they won't free in game and I wanted to experience playing w/o having them to lean on (although shouldnt die "that" much anyway)

There where others who did the same so made sure I always had Moons on me at all times...
As long as you communicate with players asking if everyone got Moons (which you can buy right before you jump into the mission) then scape dolls shouldnt be a huge downer in gameplay

kyuuketsuki
May 3, 2012, 02:04 AM
Also keep in mind that you can simply spawn back at the camp ship and, if someone drops a telepipe, pop back in rather quickly. Takes less than 30 seconds (though it depends on your load times of course). Even failing a pipe, the stages aren't so large that you'll have to run for more than 30 seconds to maybe a minute to get back where you were. Remember that before you invest tons of real money into scape dolls.

Zyrusticae
May 3, 2012, 02:05 AM
I wish I'd known that dying only affected my personal score and had no effect on the team. Would've made the dying a lot less painful.

stheno
May 3, 2012, 02:17 AM
Also keep in mind that you can simply spawn back at the camp ship and, if someone drops a telepipe, pop back in rather quickly.

Are you able to throw down a pipe in a boss arena while the boss is still alive? I never got a chance to try.

kyuuketsuki
May 3, 2012, 02:20 AM
No, you cannot drop a pipe in a boss area. However, you can simply jump to the third area from the camp ship and hop into the boss teleport.

stheno
May 3, 2012, 02:31 AM
No, you cannot drop a pipe in a boss area. However, you can simply jump to the third area from the camp ship and hop into the boss teleport.

Hah! you're right... i totally forgot that the boss teleport doesnt shut off after being used this time around.

It's almost as if theres no real reason to use a moon on someone.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 02:38 AM
Hah! you're right... i totally forgot that the boss teleport doesnt shut off after being used this time around.

Um..so you don't have to waste time for people going back to ship....zoning back..and walking to teleporter...

Shouldn't be much of an excuse for someone NOT to have Moons on them

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 02:43 AM
Back in my day, we used to call this the infinite health code when we used gamesharks.

stheno
May 3, 2012, 02:47 AM
Um..so you don't have to waste time for people going back to ship....zoning back..and walking to teleporter...

Shouldn't be much of an excuse for someone NOT to have Moons on them

*shrug* i think it'd take me ~20 seconds to go back to the camp ship and jump back in to the fight. I'd rather do that immediately after dying than lay around waiting. But like you said, there will be people who lay there forever and wait. I hope reverser is in obt so I can res them.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 03:06 AM
*shrug* i think it'd take me ~20 seconds to go back to the camp ship and jump back in to the fight. I'd rather do that immediately after dying than lay around waiting. But like you said, there will be people who lay there forever and wait. I hope reverser is in obt so I can res them.

Generally my rule of thumb for this game.....I'll assume worse case scenario and assume they didn't get Scape Dolls via AC so when I see someone drop....run to em pop Moon.

Then again I'm just party friendly...I remember a couple of times in PSU there was people who would just let u stay there to force you to leave and come back

Ironically....most of my death came from terrain. (Standing on top of magma geyser as they shot off in caves)
Then again I'm playing ranger so until they bring out say....shotgun shouldn't be that close to mobs to be in huge danger anyway.....of course I'm expected weapon type resistant mobs down the line....

Since I'm already surprised my lol 2007 laptop i got from school can run this game...the only thing i have huge issues with is load screen....so going back to ship would take too long for me :/

kyuuketsuki
May 3, 2012, 03:17 AM
I'd still definitely prefer getting moon'd (atomizer, not the exposing of buttocks) to having to spawn back at the camp ship. If someone dies and you have no moons, should probably let them know so they're not sitting there waiting for nothing.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 03:19 AM
I'd still definitely prefer getting moon'd (atomizer, not the exposing of buttocks) to having to spawn back at the camp ship. If someone dies and you have no moons, should probably let them know so they're not sitting there waiting for nothing.

Your explanation is priceless lmao

Gardios
May 3, 2012, 07:26 AM
I don't think you'll even need moon atomizers outside of boss battles as long as you stick together and, on higher difficulties, have a FO that has a watchful eye on the party's health.

In boss battles, I'd rather be resurrected with moons because my loading times are horrid. lol

Chives
May 3, 2012, 07:53 AM
If you have a good party who come prepared then you shouldn't need to use scape dolls. It's a game centered around team work, so if you're using scape dolls too much then you can't be in a very good party.

Cyrusnagisa
May 3, 2012, 07:54 AM
people better not start getting lazy about bringing moons....... anything else it would be a considerate thing to do.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 09:20 AM
As for using AC, i had 1600+.

I was one of those people that used my AC mainly on scape doll and even then I tried not to use it as I felt it was cheating.

moremouse
May 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
If you choose to return to the ship, as opposed to using a Scape Doll or sitting there and waiting for a revive, don't you drop all of your meseta?

moorebounce
May 3, 2012, 09:28 AM
I know I used a few of them but that was on Sega's dime. On mine I won't be so quick to use them. Of course it will always depend on price lol

Agitated_AT
May 3, 2012, 09:32 AM
I think they might become more expensive

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 09:38 AM
^I hope they will

PSO Addict
May 3, 2012, 09:51 AM
Moon Atomizers were actually quite dangerous as they took several seconds to go off. I died at least once just trying to revive other players so keep that in mind when scape dolls aren't so easily available.

Rauten
May 3, 2012, 10:02 AM
Any idea if they plan to bring reverser back, or are FOs condemned to forever walk up to the fallen ally to revive him/her?

kyuuketsuki
May 3, 2012, 10:25 AM
If you choose to return to the ship, as opposed to using a Scape Doll or sitting there and waiting for a revive, don't you drop all of your meseta?
No. You're thinking of PSO there.

Macman
May 3, 2012, 10:48 AM
I get the feeling dying will result in EXP penalties like PSOBB had.

Pyrii
May 3, 2012, 11:09 AM
I get the feeling dying will result in EXP penalties like PSOBB had.

Seems unlikely as we didn't notice it in Closed beta and you already get penalised for dying in your final result score which dictates how much meseta/exp you get.

jmanx
May 3, 2012, 11:14 AM
I really wish they didn't do this it really ruins the meaning of a defeat in pso.

Chives
May 3, 2012, 11:18 AM
Actually can anyone confirm if moon atomizers have an area of effect? I remember using one once and the two dead party members came back to life instead of one. But I don't know if the other living team member used a moon too, or if one of dead guys used a scape doll. But it looked to me like I revived two people at once using a moon.

moremouse
May 3, 2012, 11:27 AM
No. You're thinking of PSO there.

Why can we deposit meseta if we can hold as much as we like indefinitely, with no risk of loss? It makes no sense.

Pyrii
May 3, 2012, 11:29 AM
Actually can anyone confirm if moon atomizers have an area of effect? I remember using one once and the two dead party members came back to life instead of one. But I don't know if the other living team member used a moon too, or if one of dead guys used a scape doll. But it looked to me like I revived two people at once using a moon.

It seems all atomisers have a range. But exact item descriptions are thin ont he ground.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.swiki.jp%2F

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 11:29 AM
There might be a limit but it's good to know that you can put away meseta. Doesn't hurt.

Gardios
May 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
Meseta in your inventory is capped at 99,999,999 (or was it 99,999,999,999?). No idea about the amount you can put away.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 3, 2012, 12:16 PM
In terms of dying while you're doing moon on someone...that just comes with timing....use your own judgment from what I notice bosses all seem to have point where they stop moving for a sec....

The main goal is team effort of course which includes getting people up.

I really dont see a reason for not having Moons as I'm sure you'd have everything else like mates.

Ever since PSO i normally had the mentality to stock up on all items I used anytime I went to pioneer...that includes mates,atomizers,etc
Not like the item are expensive...shouldn't be a reason for you not to have em...

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 12:20 PM
Why can we deposit meseta if we can hold as much as we like indefinitely, with no risk of loss? It makes no sense.

There was a reason in PSU. Despite holding a near infinite amount of meseta, it was still possible to hit the cap. I think I got to a tenth of the cap, and I didn't even try to reach that high. So, you'd store your excess meseta so you could pick up more.
Why you'd need more is beyond me, but there you go.

There's a second reason, too. It was easy to implement since they had the technology, so why not? As a wannabe programmer, I can safely say that sometimes, features makes it in to the final product because it can.
How else do you explain those afros and mohawks? How often do you see characters with those?

Vashyron
May 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
It's also the method of transferring Meseta between characters.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 12:39 PM
^there you go!

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 12:48 PM
I like Vash's answer better. I'm going to go with that.

buri-chan
May 3, 2012, 12:57 PM
I must have 150 Scape Dolls sitting in my storage in PSP2i. I'll miss getting one damn well near every other mission.

Zorafim
May 3, 2012, 01:22 PM
And I'll be glad I don't have that crutch. One of the things that bored me about PSU was that I never had to worry about health. I instantly healed all my health with a press of a button, no matter what I was doing. And if I died, I instantly healed too. Things got better in PSP2, where you could only hold one. You get an extra chance, but if you suck, it's not going to help you. And here it's best! Now there's a "Press this if you suck" button!

White
May 3, 2012, 05:36 PM
A better question is whether or not the scape dolls make it so your mission score doesn't go down from dying. That would make me more inclined to buy them than be resurrected with moons. Otherwise I would just think of them as a waste of money outside of extreme emergencies where the entire party got screwed somehow.

stheno
May 3, 2012, 06:17 PM
A better question is whether or not the scape dolls make it so your mission score doesn't go down from dying. That would make me more inclined to buy them than be resurrected with moons. Otherwise I would just think of them as a waste of money outside of extreme emergencies where the entire party got screwed somehow.

Your deaths don't affect other people's rankings. I don't know if using a scape keeps your own score from dropping, though.

chiyonictrilostick
May 3, 2012, 06:18 PM
scapegoats give players a better chance to win the games, pso2 is a hard game afteral

Xenobia
May 3, 2012, 06:42 PM
I enjoy the idea of not having doll because in PSU everyone expected me to have a doll and didnt even raise me anymore. Its was of big annoyance to me because its teamplay and we have revive abilitys for a reason.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 06:43 PM
scapegoats give players a better chance to win the games, pso2 is a hard game afteral

?

Did you mean...

terrell707
May 3, 2012, 06:49 PM
Scape dolls can also be used for bosses. If your entire party is wiped out during a boss, you fail even if someone has a scape doll. So it can be used for those tough bosses in which you don't want to risk waiting for a teammate to revive you because he/she might die.