PDA

View Full Version : No Bald option?

scorpio4484
May 3, 2012, 10:39 AM
So we can get the Pompadour, but not a bald option?

Are there not bald people in Japan?

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 10:41 AM
There's a survey, I'd suggest you put it in there.

scorpio4484
May 3, 2012, 10:45 AM
Will do, along with "Bring to America pretty pweese!"

stheno
May 3, 2012, 10:48 AM
Like this?

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up1423.jpg

scorpio4484
May 3, 2012, 10:52 AM
It looks like he has a little left, but yeah like that but better... XD

Zeota
May 3, 2012, 11:03 AM
So we can get the Pompadour, but not a bald option?

Are there not bald people in Japan?

As a bald guy, I can totally relate to this. Since hair (especially long hair) has always been a symbol of strength and other positive characteristics, the absence of it often has negative cultural connotations apart from a few exceptions. It doesn't help that a majority of fictitious bald characters are portrayed as either villains or complete idiots either.

Peejay
May 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
As a bald guy, I can totally relate to this. Since hair (especially long hair) has always been a symbol of strength and other positive characteristics, the absence of it often has negative cultural connotations apart from a few exceptions. It doesn't help that a majority of fictitious bald characters are portrayed as either villains or complete idiots either.

Big Show says "What"

Zeota
May 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
Big Show says "What"

As I said, there are exceptions.

Peejay
May 3, 2012, 11:07 AM
Oh, my mistake. I missed that. But it's a split that's more in favour of manly men losing their hair because of testosterone overload. I do think there should be a bald option as well, now.

scorpio4484
May 3, 2012, 11:14 AM

Agreed, they have so many options in this game, I cant believe that bald isnt one of them. I myself also shave bald and I tend to make most of my rpg chars bald with a beard like I have which hasnt been a problem, pretty much EVERY rpg has a bald option these days.

Hey at least we got Bruce Willis, hes a pretty strong bald guy to represent

Zeota
May 3, 2012, 11:17 AM
I honestly think that trend is more prevalent here in the west than over there. The "bishonen" thing has always been such a staple over there.

Gardios
May 3, 2012, 11:19 AM
Might just be a cash shop option later on, if we don't get it in OB during character creation.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 11:37 AM
There's going to be a mohawk in the OB, I am sure they'll let you be bald at some point.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2012, 11:37 AM
No, only bruce can be bald.

Hayde
May 3, 2012, 11:47 AM
I honestly think that trend is more prevalent here in the west than over there. The "bishonen" thing has always been such a staple over there.

Eh, in theory it should be the easiest option to implement. I'm going to assume character models in this game are just like any other standard game engine; you have a base model (male + female along with any 'species' like casts, etc.) and then you plug in things like hair, clothing, etc.

In that sense, adding a bald option only means they need to feature a case where the value on the 'hair' equals to "none" or 1 (default), depending how they set it up.

Obviously I'm making this sound much simpler than it probably is, but I don't think it's going to be much more complicated than the way I made it out.

If no bald option, a buzz/crew cut should be viable enough to still be considered "bish".

r00tabaga
May 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
There is a bald option in the final release. There was a Famitsu scan of it a few weeks back. Do we win anything here at PSOW if we create the most new threads? Just curious.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 11:56 AM
There are many new members here because of closed beta that don't look at past threads. Everything you need to know can be known in like an hour just by quickly scanning the first few post in every thread in the first 8 pages.

scorpio4484
May 4, 2012, 11:34 AM
There is a bald option in the final release. There was a Famitsu scan of it a few weeks back. Do we win anything here at PSOW if we create the most new threads? Just curious.

Serious? I'am supposed to check every Japanese news article or magazine and read EVERY thread here to be up to date to your liking?

GD I thought the boards on GFAQS were bad, some of the people here take the cake easily, youd think for a game with such a small cult hype to it there would be more of a close nit tight community, not a bunch of cave trolls

Omega-z
May 4, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joseph is bald just like Bruce but much cooler looking. Here take a look.:)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=27596[/SPOILER-BOX]

But yes you can get this Option as AC when it's released. There Proof of it on the main site as well with pic's.

NoiseHERO
May 4, 2012, 11:45 AM
Serious? I'am supposed to check every Japanese news article or magazine and read EVERY thread here to be up to date to your liking?

GD I thought the boards on GFAQS were bad, some of the people here take the cake easily, youd think for a game with such a small cult hype to it there would be more of a close nit tight community, not a bunch of cave trolls

That's actually the first time I've heard of a bald hairstyle in this game r00ta could be wrong, we've only been shown the Afro and Mowhawk. Which when we've seen the picture of a mowhawk like a couple months ago the image was tiny, so that's probably what r00ta was mistaking.

So no.

No bald option.

edit: wait what, you CAN unlock a bald option? (I only unlocked like one hairstyle... Seriously what to the other unlockable hairstyles look like.

r00tabaga
May 4, 2012, 12:53 PM

You just made a thread right before this one asking if they are doing a NA release when you could've just read the sticky at the top. LOL

There WAS a scan of a stubbly bald head in a Famitsu scan. I'll link it later to clarify. At work now.

NoiseHERO
May 4, 2012, 01:11 PM
Seriously though, no really.

What were the other unlockable hairstyles in the beta... @_@

I only know about the long hair that's like... "All back" and just now found bald, in this thread. o_o

Miyoko
May 4, 2012, 02:17 PM
Bring back Bruce!

The character creator, I found, needs more "old guy" stuff in it, in general :(

Blizz3112
May 4, 2012, 03:34 PM
A lot of casts seem to be bold... :-P

r00tabaga
May 4, 2012, 04:14 PM
Bald. Heads. At the bottom of the page you see the Famitsu scan that I was referring to.

http://bumped.org/psublog/2012/03/

Looks like you are gonna have to fork over some hard-earned yen to look as sexy as Bruce.

moorebounce
May 4, 2012, 04:41 PM

I don't know about that. I guess not for African Americans it's not that way anyway. That must be a caucasian thing. It's something about women loving to rub bald guys heads.

Omega-z
May 4, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joesph is Bald go look in the other post and you can Get it from the Scratch as an option in the Beauty Shop by using AC.