PDA

View Full Version : Alternative PSO2 Open BETA Installer Download.

AnnabellaRenee87
May 3, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hello Everyone I have made a self extracting archive .exe file that has the installer that is downloaded with the official downloader.

Download link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7YKmojlJL6WR2hHX3pTU1BIMzg
MD5: b3434a950da95e06be32cee3c851d7bf

Pre-OPEN BETA update:https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_QzBMicjmQwRS10SkcyaEh4NXM Thanks Fujiko.
MD5: bc06b35330ef438d9b81f0e03ebe9944
unzip to c:\program files (x86)\sega
or
c:\program files\sega

Goat666
May 4, 2012, 02:25 AM
I had such a hard time with the downloader, for whatever reason. If some tragedy should happen where I lose the installation this would be very handy.

Garteal
May 4, 2012, 06:09 AM
Thank you for sharing the client.
Downloading it now and getting great download speeds.

Raging Ghost
May 4, 2012, 06:52 AM
I put the topic on my favorites. I'll download it later. Thanks.

chiyonictrilostick
May 4, 2012, 07:59 AM
I remember when people was trying to download the client they where having problems with the downloaded I know its a little late but if you are going to play in the OBT and don't have the game already installed use this to install it, its just the 3 files the downloader downloads. The main EXE and the two .bin files. I know this works as I have used it to install the game on my laptop and my little brothers laptop and desktop.
I have decided to give some space on my Google Drive to the PSO-World community and have the file set to open.

Please use the poll and let me know if you are downloading it or are not downloading it. If there is no interest in the file then I will remove it.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7YKmojlJL6WZHE5LXU5U1hzcTg
What you are hosting is the CBT client, not the OBT. way to be late mate, CBT is already over.

shiink
May 4, 2012, 08:04 AM
The CBT client and the OBT client are synonymous. The client will update itself for the open beta when the time comes no need to reinstall as with the alphas.

Sirius-91
May 4, 2012, 10:00 AM
The CBT client and the OBT client are synonymous. The client will update itself for the open beta when the time comes no need to reinstall as with the alphas.

Pretty much this.

There's a reason why we were told not to uninstall the game.

AnnabellaRenee87
May 4, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'll post an updated file if it changes in the OBT.

AzureBlaze
May 4, 2012, 02:35 PM
I think it's a good idea because...
It took me 16 or 17 hrs or so of constant downloading to get the CB thing. It would frequently have some kind of error and need to be messed with to get it going again. I guess my internet is kinda slow but having to tinker with the downloader by pressing the 'fix' button prevent it from just running all night. I'm sure when open comes there'd be another rush by more people to grab it, so having an alternate place to go would certainly speed up DL's.

BUT
Do they have the ability to "count" how many times people DL the CB from their space? Would the CB somehow "look unpopular" if they were unable to count these other downloads? It's not a super big deal, just curious. I mean, nobody outside there was even supposed to know about it or whatever.

AnnabellaRenee87
May 4, 2012, 03:14 PM
I think it's a good idea because...
It took me 16 or 17 hrs or so of constant downloading to get the CB thing. It would frequently have some kind of error and need to be messed with to get it going again. I guess my internet is kinda slow but having to tinker with the downloader by pressing the 'fix' button prevent it from just running all night. I'm sure when open comes there'd be another rush by more people to grab it, so having an alternate place to go would certainly speed up DL's.

BUT
Do they have the ability to "count" how many times people DL the CB from their space? Would the CB somehow "look unpopular" if they were unable to count these other downloads? It's not a super big deal, just curious. I mean, nobody outside there was even supposed to know about it or whatever.

I would assume that active subscriptions would be more of what they are looking for vs how many people download the installer.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 4, 2012, 03:18 PM
this should definitely be a back up plan.

sure just to not mess with statistics, everybody should try to download using the downloader. but if it just doesn't work out, they could always turn to this.

Chik'Tikka
May 4, 2012, 03:30 PM
this aught to help people a lot i think+^_^+ it took me almost 30 minutes to download mine from the official site!!! that across the world thing really hurts downstream speeds+^_^+

Raging Ghost
May 6, 2012, 12:58 PM
I'm now downloading this.

Taitu
May 6, 2012, 01:09 PM
While I don't require it myself anymore I remember when CBT started the update server was actually blocking my IP thus it was impossible for me to download the game. Luckily a very kind user on here was thoughtful enough to provide me the files and I was finally able to play the game. I wouldn't wish the same tormenting problem I had trying to locate the install files so of course I support this being kept up.

Krisan
May 6, 2012, 01:22 PM
Handy. I might not need it myself, but still.. Handy to have around.

GeordieP
Jun 5, 2012, 01:41 AM
This is a damaged file and will not open.
Will someone link the downloader please?

bradsta6508
Jun 7, 2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks man. I got a new PC since the closed beta, so this really helps!

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 7, 2012, 11:46 AM
This is a damaged file and will not open.
Will someone link the downloader please?

What are you using to extract the files with?

Use WinRAR or IZArc.

DO NOT use WinZIP or what ever windows has built in.

http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0
or
http://www.izarc.org/

Tonight I will post the MD5 checksum, If it differs from what I post then your download is broken.

bradsta6508
Jun 7, 2012, 02:08 PM
Something happened with the downloader. Last night it worked fine on my home pc. Now I'm trying to download it for a friend and I'm getting all types of error messages during the extraction attempt with izarc.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 7, 2012, 03:57 PM
What errors are you getting?

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 7, 2012, 04:01 PM
Better idea, I will make a self extracting exe when I get home tonight, that way no one has to extract it, should cut down the errors.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 7, 2012, 04:38 PM
http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/7-zip_portable
7 zip portable, no install, and it'll extract anything+^_^+

@Neoistheone, do you have visual studio?+^_^+

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 7, 2012, 10:11 PM
OK Everyone, I made a new file, it is a self extracting .exe file I tested the extraction process and made sure that the install worked, as in I installed it on a virtual machine and made sure that the launcher came up to tell me that the service is down.

The MD5 is :b3434a950da95e06be32cee3c851d7bf

user this program to get the MD5 http://www.winmd5.com/?rid=winmd5

Please note that I am still uploading it and will update the name of the thread if possible and the first post.

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/7-zip_portable
7 zip portable, no install, and it'll extract anything+^_^+

@Neoistheone, do you have visual studio?+^_^+

I don't have it unfortunately, I have been thinking about updating my Microsoft TechNet subscription to one of those snazzy MSDN subscription as I do know C++ and C#.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 8, 2012, 05:38 PM
New download is up, grab it and let me know if it works

mousel
Jun 8, 2012, 06:02 PM
Thank you for this!

sugarFO
Jun 8, 2012, 06:07 PM
New download is up, grab it and let me know if it works

This is for the pre open beta and beta?

Sayuri Stardust
Jun 8, 2012, 06:52 PM
Downloaded just fine. Thanks kind sir

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 8, 2012, 08:15 PM
This is for the pre open beta and beta?

CBT and OBT (that includes the pOBT)

sugarFO
Jun 8, 2012, 09:00 PM
CBT and OBT (that includes the pOBT)

Okay so I have downloaded it and I have the sort of menu thing. Nothing works or anything. Am I supposed to find somewhere to put in my sega id? Or do I have to wait for them to upload the beta to patch it? Cuz this patcher is empty. Lol

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 9, 2012, 12:17 AM
Okay so I have downloaded it and I have the sort of menu thing. Nothing works or anything. Am I supposed to find somewhere to put in my sega id? Or do I have to wait for them to upload the beta to patch it? Cuz this patcher is empty. Lol

Yeah, when the servers come back up then the patcher will work, until then you have just the base client installed.

You don't put your Sega ID in until you launch the game and select your server (ship)

Coatl
Jun 9, 2012, 10:48 AM
I am downloading this.
Thank you.

Meyfei
Jun 10, 2012, 12:14 AM
Googles kinda spazzing at me :/
/cant download

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 10, 2012, 12:31 AM
Googles kinda spazzing at me :/
/cant download

Is it still giving you trouble?

Ogni-XR21
Jun 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
Just registered a Sega-ID and downloading your installer. Thank's a lot!!

Meyfei
Jun 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Is it still giving you trouble?

oh it was simple, im not a big fan of the google supremacy, and thought it wanted me to do 150 things xD turns out i just had to get 5gb free. and that was it.

/downloading

LokinModar
Jun 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=305206 in torrent for your convenience. Thx to Manta Oyamada @ bumped

~Inu~
Jun 11, 2012, 06:01 PM
Looks like the servers are getting ready to come back up, just a reminder if it hasn't been mentioned enough that if you cannot get the patcher to work make sure to disable your antivirus software for a moment to let it though (such as Avast)

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 13, 2012, 03:47 AM
I'm seeing some reports that the downloader is downloading a pre-patched version for the open BETA. I will download it and upload it once I have it ready.

Will also update the first post to reflect the changes.

Natsuma
Jun 13, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi,

a friend of mine has got the Closed Beta installer but just can't update the game (HTTP error all the time). Is there a way to know which files were updated? I could send them to him this way.

Thanks for your answers.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 13, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hi,

a friend of mine has got the alpha installer but just can't update the game (HTTP error all the time). Is there a way to know which files were updated? I could send them to him this way.

Thanks for your answers.

You can download and use the one I have posted here it will patch to the open beta but I will be posting an updated one tonight/tomorrow morning if the file sizes are different.

I wasn't in the ALPHA test but I had the client and I know that so much of the client is different that they may have abandoned that installer in favor of the BETA installer.

Natsuma
Jun 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
You can download and use the one I have posted here it will patch to the open beta but I will be posting an updated one tonight/tomorrow morning if the file sizes are different.

I wasn't in the ALPHA test but I had the client and I know that so much of the client is different that they may have abandoned that installer in favor of the BETA installer.

I'm sorry I wrote a mistake, I was actually talking about the Closed Beta client, the same one available in this thread ^^

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 13, 2012, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry I wrote a mistake, I was actually talking about the Closed Beta client, the same one available in this thread ^^

Oh it should patch just fine, its the one I installed with and I made sure to patched last night, when launching the game it says open BETA test in the lower right corner of the screen of the title screen.

Check the MD5 of that file you downloaded from my post and make sure it matches.

If all else fails wait for me to update it tonight.

"Update"
I checked the files and they are the exact same files they where from the closed BETA, the MD5's matched on all 3 files.
So the link in my OP will remain the same unless they change it.

LokinModar
Jun 13, 2012, 08:14 PM
i'm having trouble updating because of my "blessed" internet connection. Probably will end up not playing if i don't find any updated alternative download....

Ogni-XR21
Jun 14, 2012, 02:15 PM
Won't update for me, even with firewall and avg antivirus turned off.

Anything else that could cause problems?

Edit: Well it seems I'm having the 434 error. Probably a proxy problem...

Fujiko
Jun 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
My friend uploaded a patched client (rar'd the client folder) that I overwrote with my client, solved my patch HTTP issue.

The game did a quick file check then loaded right up. I can post the link if anyone is interested (or pm me for the link), it's on google docs. About a 4.6gb download, but solved my issues.

AshuraSan
Jun 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
Can we possibly get the patch client? because mines isn't working.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 14, 2012, 05:25 PM
Can we possibly get the patch client? because mines isn't working.

I'm gonna upload the c:\program files (x86)\sega\phantasy star online 2 files tonight so you all can just extract the updated files to the locations, should help get you all updated.

(hrm, checks free space on Google drive, this may be difficult.)

Ya know, just because it pissing me off how many people are having problems with getting the update I am going to make an alternative installer for this program and maybe do monthly updates to the installer.
All I have to do is make a script to do the normal client install then have it throw the files in the right locations, yeah. I may do that tonight.

Fujiko
Jun 14, 2012, 05:35 PM
Here is the link that I used to fix my HTTP issue:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_QzBMicjmQwRS10SkcyaEh4NXM

This is all the client patched up and just rar'd, so just extract it to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\" yes to overwrite.

Would do a final file check after extraction, just in case. This worked for me, so hope it can help anyone else.

D-Inferno
Jun 14, 2012, 06:06 PM
Would it be possible to upload a version that includes only the updated files, so you can just paste only the new stuff instead of doing a 4.3 gb download?

You can tell which files are new by using the time/date stamps.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
FYI I am currently debugging a script to do an automated full updated install.

I got the method nailed down to a 5 minuet process. Just scripting away.

This is all the client patched up and just rar'd, so just extract it to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\" yes to overwrite.

Would do a final file check after extraction, just in case. This worked for me, so hope it can help anyone else.

I hope you don't mind but I am going to place this on the OP as a work around to get patched ASAP until I can get the scripts to work correctly.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 15, 2012, 02:06 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone helping out in here. Highly appreciated.

I won't make it online today so I hope I will manage to get started and make it through that quest on Saturday.

AshuraSan
Jun 15, 2012, 02:44 AM

it worked! thank you too much for this!! <3

Pat1487
Jun 15, 2012, 03:52 AM
Can someone post the exe to launch the patcher
Both of the google docs links dont work right now (too many people dled them)
I waited to the last minute to dl anything(which was a terrible idea)

I found a torrent that has the rar for OB but there are no seeders so it stopped at 99.4% :(
I figured i could just extract the incomplete rar and use the patcher to do a file check to get the last .6% but theres no way to launch the patcher, it must be in the .6% that is missing

And the downloader wants to DL the setup file rather then the game files

Sp-24
Jun 15, 2012, 03:55 AM
User EXPFULL was also going to provide the client using Dropbox. However, he said that the link to it is on his site, and I have no idea what that site is. I'll look it up, just a moment.

EDIT: I'm sorry, no idea where to look for that site.

EDIT2: Found it, and it looks like they are still thinking of providing it. Sorry.

Pat1487
Jun 15, 2012, 04:03 AM
User EXPFULL was also going to provide the client using Dropbox. However, he said that the link to it is on his site, and I have no idea what that site is. I'll look it up, just a moment.

EDIT: I'm sorry, no idea where to look for that site.

EDIT2: Found it, and it looks like they are still thinking of providing it. Sorry.

Thanks for looking
All i need is the file named pso2launcher.exe from the pso2 install directory

EDIT:I found it here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2762445

EDIT 2: File checking takes much longer than i thought it would

chaos-shadow
Jun 15, 2012, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I'm stuck at the patching part as well, got an error.

Lurking to see if another alternative pops up since this one linked is dead to me now.

Midna
Jun 15, 2012, 04:53 AM
the first download doesn't work

when it finishes downloading it still downloads and i cant open the file and my computer becomes really slow
i tried 3 times :(

now i found the sega downloader but its so slow

rouenx
Jun 15, 2012, 06:29 AM
Both links are "unavailable for download at this time" when I click to download :C

ResiDenT
Jun 15, 2012, 07:14 AM
Link doesn't work :(

Cypher_9
Jun 15, 2012, 07:28 AM
Both links are "unavailable for download at this time" when I click to download :C

Same here... my eyes glimmered only to be... turned into stone... BUT i do appreciate the fact those who gives us the genuine specific files and want us to share in the experience out of the misfortune that was bestowed upon us... ; ;

Squire Zed
Jun 15, 2012, 07:56 AM
If someone could repost the download on another Google Drive account, that would alleviate the problems greatly (hopefully). Unfortunately, all the people with working games are probably playing. If I could get my own game patched and working, I'd help out, so I may do so whenever my stuff finishes today. Unfortunately, I am also stuck at the wall of patching that makes my precious beta time slip away.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 15, 2012, 08:07 AM
If your having issues with the links provided try going to drive.google.com and get your free 5GB of storage then the links should work for you.

Google looks to be making people add it to their Google account for downloads.

zerolegends
Jun 15, 2012, 08:09 AM
Why google... i dunt know where to dl it... can u host a mirror cause its redirecting me to google drive... and i dont feel like downloading another plugin and stuff... i dont see the point in making such a hassle to go through all this to DL... u couldnt have just put it up on rapidshare or sumthing...

Edit:
Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

this is why u shuld make it simple ^_^.....

Nvm people ima go find another Dler linka nd share it with u.... why this dude would put it up on google is beyond reasoning

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 15, 2012, 08:19 AM
Why google... i dunt know where to dl it... can u host a mirror cause its redirecting me to google drive... and i dont feel like downloading another plugin and stuff... i dont see the point in making such a hassle to go through all this to DL... u couldnt have just put it up on rapidshare or sumthing...

Why Google? Because it will download at the full speed of your internet connection and not be throttled like a free service. Or expire after a set amount of time. I pay for my Google Drive for 100GB. All you really have to do is make a Google Account once that is done you just click download when clicking on my link.

Moreover, I don't want to put all the effort in to uploading the file to a free service only to have the Government shut them down like Megaupload.

I would also like to add that I attempted to help someone get it last night by staying up all night and transferring him the entire 3.xx GB file over AIM because he was having problems getting it. Long story short there is something wrong with his system.

I would be open do doing a Torrent but I would like to stay away from them as much as possible as I am currently debugging a installer for this that contains the updates. That would be hard to Torrent if people are sharing around old versions of the files.

I don't know why I feel as though your pointing a figure at me and saying this guy, when people refer to me like that I kinda take offense, I have only merely tried to help the community I have been a part of for 10 years.

zerolegends
Jun 15, 2012, 08:27 AM
thats ridiculous you couldve put it into something less troublesome like Dropbox...whereas the DL wont give u an error

CastSoldierFan96
Jun 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
If your having issues with the links provided try going to drive.google.com and get your free 5GB of storage then the links should work for you.

Google looks to be making people add it to their Google account for downloads.

Hello. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share these alternative downloads for all of us. Please ignore people like zerolegends.

Anyway I'd like to let you know that this solution does not work. I have already completely downloaded the game and I'm playing it but I'm letting you know this for anyone else who is still trying to download. I activated the free 5GB and the same error occurs.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
Hello. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share these alternative downloads for all of us. Please ignore people like zerolegends.

Anyway I'd like to let you know that this solution does not work. I have already completely downloaded the game and I'm playing it but I'm letting you know this for anyone else who is still trying to download. I activated the free 5GB and the same error occurs.

When I get home today I will attempt to find another location to host the files I didn't know Google had a limit, in theory I could just re-upload it. Here are the limits if anyone is interested. http://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2494827

From the looks of it there have been almost 200 happy downloaders.

I hope you all enjoy the free service I provide.

Cypher_9
Jun 15, 2012, 08:58 AM
From the looks of it there have been almost 200 happy downloaders.

I hope you all enjoy the free service I provide.

Welp... I never got a bite of that fruit... dunno if I wanted to if I could now...

BUT thank you anyway for the effort...

Ogni-XR21
Jun 15, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just got home from work and unfortunately I'm too late for the patch files... well, I hope there will be some other way so I can join the fun tomorrow.

Even though I did not get to download the patch files, still a big thank you for all your effort from my side.

rouenx
Jun 15, 2012, 12:19 PM
You guys do realize there was a link provided for a torrent right?

Garteal
Jun 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
The Pre-open beta update link is functioning again.
Go download it while you can!

Thank you to the uploader.

Squire Zed
Jun 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
I'm uploading the client to add a second link should the first get flooded again. It will be up until at least June 21st (after the full OBT may tentatively start). Link will be posted once the upload finishes. I've patched the game for 7ish hours over multiple installs, so hopefully this helps someone.

EDIT: Even though it's later in the thread also, my link here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7FAiDsjbtNCRFlrdy1kN28tWTQ

XionAsuka
Jun 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
My first time here. I wanted to ask, do I need to get both of those downloads posted by the Topic creator, or will only the second suffice?

Ogni-XR21
Jun 15, 2012, 01:39 PM
My first time here. I wanted to ask, do I need to get both of those downloads posted by the Topic creator, or will only the second suffice?

You will need both. The first link is the compressed installer which will then need to be "patched" with the files contained in the download from the second link. (I'm still downloading the second link, so I hope I got it right)

Thanks again to the uploaders, you (hopefully) saved my (satur)day!

XionAsuka
Jun 15, 2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the speedy response! I think I missed my window today, but hopefully I can make it tomorrow. I'd like to see this game in OBT. x_x

Edit: Aww, can't access the first download. I guess too many people got to it before me.

AzXeus
Jun 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
I got the launcher from somewhere and managed to download the patches but the game wont run... im guessing cause of the registry entries arent there as i didnt run the installer

the official downloader isnt there anymore the link just gives an error and i cant download the one on here because of the limit

can someone find the registry values that are needed for me? or atleast upload the downloader somewhere? x.x

Ogni-XR21
Jun 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the speedy response! I think I missed my window today, but hopefully I can make it tomorrow. I'd like to see this game in OBT. x_x

Edit: Aww, can't access the first download. I guess too many people got to it before me.

Keep trying. I think the first link went over the quota after the second one, meaning it should also come back later. Not sure about that though... just an educated guess.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
From the looks of it, it will unlock after a little bit of time goes bye, wow Google way to release an awesome feature and then handicap it like that.
I'm open to someone hosting it and adding the link in addition to the one I provided as a backup.

rouenx
Jun 15, 2012, 02:53 PM
Maybe a different means of uploaded host would be preferred if possible, looks like you'll need both links(?) and one or the other doesn't usually work and for some reason my download got interrupted and I'm using Chrome

Garteal
Jun 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
No, you only need the second. (Pre-open beta link)
It includes the full game, which is patched to the latest version available (as of now). Just unrar it, and run the executable.

Also, both links for fine on my end.

Neo, could you add the MD5 for the Pre-open Beta rar?
It's bc06b35330ef438d9b81f0e03ebe9944.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
No, you only need the second. (Pre-open beta link)
It includes the full game, which is patched to the latest version available (as of now). Just unrar it, and run the executable.

Also, both links for fine on my end.

Neo, could you add the MD5 for the Pre-open Beta rar?
It's bc06b35330ef438d9b81f0e03ebe9944.

Done, also it may be a good idea to run the installer too because it does place its share of reg keys in the system and forces the system to update DirectX.

I'm going to be doing a BETA test of my ALT installer I would rather have people with scripting experience test it, anyone interested in being a guanine pig when they are working?

Garteal
Jun 15, 2012, 04:02 PM
Sure, I'll volunteer.
What language are you going to be using?

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 15, 2012, 04:05 PM
Sure, I'll volunteer.
What language are you going to be using?

ATM autoIT, may move over to a C# installer if I find the time.

I pretty much have updated everything in the house to Windows 7 x64 and need people running the following.

Windows XP (home or pro) x86
Windows XP x64
Windows 7 x86
Windows Server 2008/R2
Windows Server 2003/R2
Windows 8 x64/x86

girugamarc
Jun 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
any news on an alternative link? this one is down.

The official downloader is so bad it isn't even funny :nono:

Squire Zed
Jun 15, 2012, 11:12 PM
Alternative link delivered!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7FAiDsjbtNCRFlrdy1kN28tWTQ

It's the same as the file at the start of the thread, the fully patched OBT client.

girugamarc
Jun 15, 2012, 11:15 PM
You have my thanks. Downloading now.

KiroMatic
Jun 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
it's telling me to many people have downloaded it and I have to wait 24 hours LOLOLOL

Squire Zed
Jun 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
Try both links. Not that it really matters now, because unless you're having technical difficulties, you might as well just run the slower DL in the background.

bonethrack
Jun 18, 2012, 10:58 AM
thanks for this link much faster than the regular downloader.

TelleT
Jun 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
For those who like to download it using Torrent I made one.

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7366819

Will upload it as much as I can. :)

Vylera
Jun 19, 2012, 10:41 AM
I suck at compressing files, but here's a 24 part mediafire link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7exfmo9927b4frq,2abmv723z2gbegr,nbp4ms79k7pute6,h uhebzof68qze6q,boiy1uz2uh6l09n,62nm7terqv7z4p8,rjr 47v8rjud8dog,1akjkec8h5h2zak,5wci992jcz8790d,mt3md wlsz8ddhz2,qgx4x9qk8f73muy,dx4gb9pwa1ducut,a5ywm87 3gdyt2ut,8afvibg51ae4d0s,s3eso9omx5lol70,si7v2mzxt bpo5gt,3ouvl0uw1yyvy2u,qu5uqqogsisbj9a,8crmq7ewl1u ytix,txeuiwu8xtgr5mf,bn0o66qax4jl61s,hybf757pjn5va hz,uthyh7k9vgxmvnt,lxruevehu224qei

Squire Zed
Jun 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
Would it be possible to get my Google link, the torrent link, and now the media fire link posted on the first page?

girugamarc
Jun 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
Seems like there's yet another big patch to download, making all these links useless (unless they're up to date, of course) :(

edit: nevermind

Ivanaj Elite
Jun 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
I got a quick question,

This will auto update itself for me so I can join the Open Beta, or do I still need the Pre-Beta patch for it to function properly?

Jack Krozzer
Jun 20, 2012, 11:24 AM
I have a question too. As soon as midnight comes i just open the launcher and it's ready to go
?

Squire Zed
Jun 20, 2012, 12:06 PM
I would suggest installing the official client (first link in the thread) and then using the patched version over, but there have been some who say that both methods (just the patched on it's own or the patched over official) work. There may be a few patches once beta starts, but it should only take a few minutes as opposed to the hours of downloads for all the patches since closed beta.

Jack Krozzer
Jun 20, 2012, 12:21 PM
For some reason mine is only downloading at 85. kn a sec ...9 hours to go :(

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 20, 2012, 12:23 PM
Yes the links on the OP will get you up to the Pre-OBT then your client will do the 7 MB update and then your at the full OBT version.

ChronoSphere
Jun 20, 2012, 05:48 PM
Incase someone is having trouble getting that 7MB patch downloaded, here's a patch (http://www.mediafire.com/?b4z1dw9j0pi64e0) that will bring you from patched pre-OBT to OBT.

The file is large because I had to include full files instead of just diffing them.

Jack Krozzer
Jun 20, 2012, 06:01 PM
Okay im a little confused im pretty good with computers but i think im just over thinking things....I downloaded the very first link in this thread and then i have 3 bars...loading slowly but surely...do i need to download anything else?

ChronoSphere
Jun 20, 2012, 07:07 PM
You can either let it download or get the patch i linked, whatever you can get downloaded faster.

edit: actually, if you only downloaded the first link, you will still need the prebeta patch (2nd link) before you can use the link I posted...

red flare graf
Jun 21, 2012, 10:03 AM

Thanks man. :)

Biolizard13
Jun 21, 2012, 12:06 PM

I'll seed this as much as I can. ;-)

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 21, 2012, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a manual pre-open beta patch? The OP's link seems to be malfunctioning because it has no button for downloading the file. No Torrents, though, because I don't use it.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 21, 2012, 01:13 PM
Can I update the client from the closed beta or do I have to download something new?

hannahhashabits
Jun 21, 2012, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a manual pre-open beta patch? The OP's link seems to be malfunctioning because it has no button for downloading the file. No Torrents, though, because I don't use it.

I'm also having mega issues getting the downloader to work. I've chosen where to place my files, and I try downloading into the folder, but all I get is a pop-up with question marks. Well, it actually reads as this:
"????? HTTP ????????????? [12152]"
And this is from the official .exe file from the pso2 website.
This is very confusing for me. I'm not capable of reading any Japanese.
Are you and I the only ones having problems? Can anyone help?

TelleT
Jun 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
My total upload and quota ^^

http://ladda-upp.se/files/2012/b16460.jpg

We got 28 seeders now, nicely done! :D

Dannycheck
Jun 24, 2012, 03:18 AM
Please Upload it on a Filehoster :/
Like Mediafire or Something

plopingo
Jun 24, 2012, 04:31 AM
Another mirror :

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5G23fyE72tnUFpsX21wZlpRS0U/edit

Dannycheck
Jun 24, 2012, 12:45 PM
Or download the Original Files now !

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=no_antivirus&id=0B_QzBMicjmQwRS10SkcyaEh4NXM

Vintasticvin
Jun 24, 2012, 01:54 PM
Which would be better to use between the two: Sega's downloader or one of the many torrents users have posted?

Metis
Jun 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
Are the open beta clients patched or not?

Vintasticvin
Jun 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
Are the open beta clients patched or not?

I have no idea and I havent got any of the beta clients either =/ just trying to get a working one so I dont have to deal with Sega's crash festival.

Dannycheck
Jun 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
I cant play with the Open Beta download it is not patched ?

GigiVshion
Jul 13, 2012, 11:18 PM
I made this account only to thank you. I had the downloading problem for 2 days. This was the only page on google I could find that actually helped. I got it in one try after downloading those files. So once again thank you so much!