PDA

View Full Version : Rappy Suit: I'm gonna have to be honest here...

ChronoTrigga
May 6, 2012, 12:22 AM
I like the Rappy Suit from PSU better. Something about the suit in PSO2 just doesn't click with me... eitherway it's still a good suit, but I hope they bring the other one back too. Kind of like how they bought PSO clothes to PSU.

Nurusanura
May 6, 2012, 12:53 AM
the PSU rappy suit to me looks sorta ugly though. :( I'd rather have the old PSO style rappy looks. The one in PSO2 looks adorable xD Needs more of a fuzzy texture though xD!!

Vashyron
May 6, 2012, 12:54 AM
I feel the opposite, I particularly disliked the PSU suit. It had more of a creepy vibe to it with the characters faces poking out.

While with the PSO2 one sometimes it felt like the person was actually playing as some unique Rappy race thanks to the few unique animations given to it and the proportion changes.
It's enough that sometimes had people commenting on how they thought X player was a Rappy and they were trying to attack it. In all, I prefer it this way.

Freshellent
May 6, 2012, 01:08 AM
Opposite for me, I can't stand the PSU one. Always bothered the hell out of me. Everytime I saw it I wanted to headbutt the person wearing it.

Chik'Tikka
May 6, 2012, 01:13 AM
i made a veeerrrrryyy large CAST just to sit on people while wearing it+^_^+

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 01:14 AM
I STILL think those rappies in general would be less disturbing if they were no bigger than 2 feet tall.

Otherwise the suit has it's uses. Like picking up lolis-I MEAN Japanese girls

[spoiler-box]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/pso20120430_040127_010.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Striped panties.

Also the PSU rappy suit design was funny for like 5 minutes because it showed your face, but everyone that glued themselves to the inside of that suit missed that, and you just get sick of seeing the suit.

Syl
May 6, 2012, 01:51 AM
the PSU rappy suit to me looks sorta ugly though. :( I'd rather have the old PSO style rappy looks. The one in PSO2 looks adorable xD Needs more of a fuzzy texture though xD!!

Opposite for me, I can't stand the PSU one. Always bothered the hell out of me. Everytime I saw it I wanted to headbutt the person wearing it.

Pretty much this. The one in PSU always reminded me of a pedophile for some reason... they were kind of disturbing.

Blizz3112
May 6, 2012, 01:54 AM
Striped panties.

The best kind of panties...

Anyway... the suit is a lot more fun, and yet it makes it hard to determine who can be who sometimes... so I hope they can color-code them depending on your place in your list...

Dabian
May 6, 2012, 02:21 AM
Cream the Rabbit suit, with Chao mag for me plz.

Polly
May 6, 2012, 03:16 AM
I'm gonna be honest too (since we're on the subject of costumes and what have you now, it seems fitting for a bit of a gripe...)

I hope they...make new and unique stuff that's not just a constant stream of tugging at nostalgia strings or goofy tie-ins that really just don't fit in. Maybe I'm just some kind of old fuddy-duddy, but I'm kinda tired of joke weapons, costumes, and PSO callbacks. Yeah, I get that it's PSO2, so I guess there's a little more leeway with it, but it's also billed as a true sequel, and I feel it should be adding more of its own style and uniqueness and not falling back on cheap nostalgia or camp factor as a crutch.

jmanx
May 6, 2012, 03:38 AM
Wait that was a rappy in psu?

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2012, 03:43 AM
I'm gonna be honest too (since we're on the subject of costumes and what have you now, it seems fitting for a bit of a gripe...)

I hope they...make new and unique stuff that's not just a constant stream of tugging at nostalgia strings or goofy tie-ins that really just don't fit in. Maybe I'm just some kind of old fuddy-duddy, but I'm kinda tired of joke weapons, costumes, and PSO callbacks. Yeah, I get that it's PSO2, so I guess there's a little more leeway with it, but it's also billed as a true sequel, and I feel it should be adding more of its own style and uniqueness and not falling back on cheap nostalgia or camp factor as a crutch.

I mostly agree with this. I mean, I remember seeing all the friggin collabs back in PSP2 and Infinity. It got to the point where it was just stupid, I think. I hope they don't start filling PSO2 with all these tie-ins and collaboration items just to take up space. I want original outfits and weapons.

On the subject of weapons, I'm kind of getting sick of seeing the same ones recycled for almost every game. I mean, shit, the Psycho Wand has been around since PSIV. Let's retire the goddamn thing already.

moorebounce
May 6, 2012, 04:05 AM
To me they both look harmless but the PSU one looks like it's out of an old warner bros cartoon. It's like Walt Disney's version of Tweety Bird. Like Tweety Birds evil step dad or uncle. lol

Silenttank
May 6, 2012, 04:10 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/pso20120430_040127_010.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Let my music sterilize.

The rappy suit in PSU was okay but I think the PSO2 Rappy suits are far superior, they actually look like rappy's instead of men in amusement park outfits waiting to take pictures with kids.

Sizustar
May 6, 2012, 04:12 AM
I mostly agree with this. I mean, I remember seeing all the friggin collabs back in PSP2 and Infinity. It got to the point where it was just stupid, I think. I hope they don't start filling PSO2 with all these tie-ins and collaboration items just to take up space. I want original outfits and weapons.

On the subject of weapons, I'm kind of getting sick of seeing the same ones recycled for almost every game. I mean, shit, the Psycho Wand has been around since PSIV. Let's retire the goddamn thing already.

I'd be the opposite, and Collab with other game, manga/anime would actually be the trend that Japanese MMO are going, and most likely generate the most sale for them.

Because it's Sega, and they already have the right ot publish Miku game, so Hatsune miku would be in, now the question is what other collab they would work with.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 6, 2012, 04:25 AM
Adding to what OLAF said....
Would be cool if they introduce....if not the exact one.....but resembles of some of the weapon they had from PSO that they didn't force down our throat over periods of games.

Few example: (Note i didn't play any of the portable PS games so no idea if they put em in)
Meteor Smash
Justy-23ST
Visk-235W
Heart of Poumn
Twin Chakram
Guilty Light
Soul Eater/Banish (pretty much any scythe looking weapon)
Dark Bridge
Battler Verge
Sorcerer's Cane (did they have this in another game?)
Dark Meteor
Crazy Tune

PSO Addict
May 6, 2012, 09:27 AM
I have definitly been there where I was trying to attack my own allies because I thought they were rappies...

CelestialBlade
May 6, 2012, 09:36 AM
Pretty much this. The one in PSU always reminded me of a pedophile for some reason... they were kind of disturbing.
Well there WAS a PedoBird...and his flock of Lapucha o_o;;

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
Let my music sterilize.

Give to me, your hard earned coin.

I'll share with you, my tortured groin.

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 11:27 AM
Give to me, your hard earned coin.

I'll share with you, my tortured groin.

You should probably see a doctor.

Ryudo
May 6, 2012, 11:41 AM
rappy suit and rappy child suit are different items

buri-chan
May 6, 2012, 11:49 AM
Aslong as the Kakwane Suit is dead and buried, I don't care.

Cayenne
May 6, 2012, 11:51 AM
Seems like the OP is alone on this.

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 12:10 PM
You should probably see a doctor.

And you should probably see quest of the manwhore!

THEN YOU CAN SING ALONG!

AND EAT YOGURT

INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SHIT ON ME >0

Rath-Kun
May 6, 2012, 12:32 PM
Crazy Tune

If they do bring Crazy Tune back I hope to god it isn't as annoying as it was on PSO. As cool as a weapon as it was it was so annoying to hear that guitar strum over and over.

I would also like to see new weapons, I liked the unique goofy ones the most. They entertained me so.

Gotta agree with the rappy suit being creepy in PSU, but it was so fun haha.

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 12:52 PM
And you should probably see quest of the manwhore!

THEN YOU CAN SING ALONG!

AND EAT YOGURT

INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SHIT ON ME >0

Get over yourself. I wasn't trying to shit on you, I was making a joke because it just sounded like an STD. If you want me to be mean, we can revisit every post you made in the PvP thread.

Cayenne
May 6, 2012, 12:55 PM
Whoa whoa!

The term STD should not be in a thread about a Rappy suit...

The bird flu is something else though...

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 12:56 PM
Say, if we're going to get Rappy suits in a different fashion...

What reason would we have not to get suits of some other things? Or halloween-ish masks? Like of the Room Partners, or other characters.

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 01:01 PM
Get over yourself. I wasn't trying to shit on you, I was making a joke because it just sounded like an STD. If you want me to be mean, we can revisit every post you made in the PvP thread.

Hint All Caps = I was joking too

But getting over myself? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! 8D

And tortured groin... He's a manwhore... Sadism and Masochism...

GO WATCH THE VIDEO INSTEAD AND IMPROVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR AND PEOPLE SKILLS ALREADY!!

Raging Ghost
May 6, 2012, 01:03 PM
Where do you guys get those Rappy suits, anyway?

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2012, 01:04 PM

By completing the AC gachas.

You're not missing much, though. They're still annoying, but not as annoying as PSU's version.

Oh, and one tried to molest me in a bathtub.

Raging Ghost
May 6, 2012, 01:07 PM
By completing the AC gachas.

You're not missing much, though. They're still annoying, but not as annoying as PSU's version.

Oh, and one tried to molest me in a bathtub.

...I'm not going to ask how it happened.

And those AC gachas, where you can obtain them?

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2012, 01:07 PM
...I'm not going to ask how it happened.

And those AC gachas, where you can obtain them?

....you can access them at any time in the start menu, or find a scratch ticket booth scattered around the lobby areas.

kyuuketsuki
May 6, 2012, 02:55 PM
To expand upon what Olaf said, there were two different AC gachas in the closed beta, both available from the in-game menu or at various counters in the shopping area. Each had a completion sheet where, when you got one of the outfits that gacha offered, it got checked off. Once you had obtained all the outfits available from that gacha and completed the sheet, you were awarded the Rappy Suit.

That completion sheet is actually what that other thread about the AC gacha is about, because I believe that's what is against Japan's online gambling rules or some such (maybe? still not 100% because I can't read the links aslan_blue posts). So, it seems likely there will be a different method of obtaining the Rappy Suit in open beta / release.

As for the Rappy Suit itself... it's alright. Other people wearing it doesn't bother me, though I have no real interest in it myself. Maybe one that looked like PSO's rappy with some added fuzziness...