PDA

View Full Version : Sonic's Anniversary with PSO2

Blackheart521
May 6, 2012, 08:25 AM
I was thinking that Sega and the PSO2 team might release the game sometime before June 23rd so they can have the in-game event for Sonic's Birthday as their first event, just speculation but it is something they did in PSU and PSO every year, and they might not wanna miss their first event being something stapled to their company...I know I'd want a Sonic statue in my room ^^

thoughts anybody?

kudo
May 6, 2012, 08:25 AM
Knuckles... knuckles? :D

Blackheart521
May 6, 2012, 08:29 AM

Yes, that too lol

just thought of this too... perfect opportunity for Chao themed items :D

youcantcatchtheblue
May 6, 2012, 08:52 AM
Ah, the good old days when Sonic Team actually made good games like PSO...

Nurusanura
May 6, 2012, 08:54 AM

Want. I can't really express that more than I have without sounding like a rabid fangirl. >3>

Sizustar
May 6, 2012, 08:58 AM
Sonic event, so there will also probabely be a item(Ark Cash, event or Garapon) that makes your MAG look like Sonic.

And as Sega also has Miku, so a Luke octopus head Mag is likely too.

PSO Addict
May 6, 2012, 09:03 AM
Article on mag cells saying that Sonic will likely be one of them.

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/04/120427d.html

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 10:40 AM
No, they're going to release a special area called Pumpkin Hill, and you'll have to find emeralds in crates while listening to "I AIN'T GONNA LET IT GET TO ME I'M JUST GONNA CREEP"

Blackheart521
May 6, 2012, 10:53 AM
No, they're going to release a special area called Pumpkin Hill, and you'll have to find emeralds in crates while listening to "I AIN'T GONNA LET IT GET TO ME I'M JUST GONNA CREEP"

THIS WOULD BE THE SHIZNIT

Macman
May 6, 2012, 10:55 AM
You mean the Sonic Knuckle?
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=138&sortby=name

Cayenne
May 6, 2012, 10:59 AM
Maybe just a video on the big screens of Sonic saying it's his birthday.

Also a sonic mohawk hair style?

Oh oh a pianta of sonic filled with monomates and exp boosters and everyone in the lobby has to fight for!

Or a giant Sonic suit just like the Rappy suit!!!

MAYBE THEY WILL ADD...............ahhh probably nothing will happen...

Macman
May 6, 2012, 11:03 AM
Also a sonic mohawk hair style?
No. Go above and beyond. SONICMAN!

[spoiler-box]http://wounthisworld.narod2.ru/Sonic_Next/Core/sonicman.png[/spoiler-box]

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 11:07 AM
lol... NEW RACE...

SONIC ARTSTYLE ANIMALS

replace dodge button with spindash

/concept

Also sonic's birthday events were always pretty cool, "MEET SONIC IN PERSON! NO HE'S NOT RUBYECLIPSE SHUT UP. IT'S SONIC!"

At least until everyone in the entire server chases him across three planets.

I remember me and my friend dressed up a mario and luigi, and dropkicked him for hours-WAIT. THATS who I should make in the character creator... MARIO!

edit: Whoa, no seriously what? where's that sonic costume from? D: I want a Sonic man costume.

Blackheart521
May 6, 2012, 11:08 AM
lol... NEW RACE...

SONIC ARTSTYLE ANIMALS

/concept

Also sonic's birthday events were always pretty cool, "MEET SONIC IN PERSON! NO HE'S NOT RUBYECLIPSE SHUT UP. IT'S SONIC!"

I remember me and my friend dressed up a mario and luigi, and dropkicked him for hours-WAIT. THATS who I should make in the character creator... MARIO!

APIPHANY!!!

EvilMag
May 6, 2012, 11:09 AM
The NA servers will have the GMs coming in as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and pretending they are them.

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 11:12 AM
The NA servers will have the GMs coming in as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and pretending they are them.

Without Robotnik, it won't be any fun. He's important.

Seriously, does SEGA have a customer service rep who does nothing but troll? He'd be perfect. I know a few other games do that sort of stuff.

EvilMag
May 6, 2012, 11:24 AM
I remember one of my friends tried to come in as a character named Dr. Robotnik but the GMs left.

DayDreamer
May 6, 2012, 12:08 PM
And as Sega also has Miku

Phantasy Star Portable 2 should of been called Miku clone party instead. There were few days where I wouldn't see someone dressed up as Miku. I dont even wanna know how many people dressed up as vocaloid characters in Infinity.

Anyway, didnt they Sega say that mags could be customized using ARK cash, and one of the examples was sonic? I would love to have my mag as one of the sonic chao from Sonic Adventure 2.
[SPOILER-BOX]You cant tell me its not cutehttp://www.deviantart.com/download/73542730/__Sonic_Chao___by_Shadikal.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rath-Kun
May 6, 2012, 12:35 PM
Return of the Chao mag would be fuckin' sweet. Love me some Chao.

moorebounce
May 6, 2012, 12:40 PM
I want my mag to look like a foot so when it attacks enemies it looks like it's kicking them. What is Sonic like 50 or 60. I thought he got ran over by a car or something years ago.

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 12:54 PM
I want my mag to look like a foot so when it attacks enemies it looks like it's kicking them. What is Sonic like 50 or 60. I thought he got ran over by a car or something years ago.

This is what happened to Sonic. (http://gunshowcomic.com/comics/20120314-dregg.png)

Rei-San
May 6, 2012, 01:16 PM
Actually the idea of theme making holiday levels from complete scratch sounds kinda buena. And I don't mean skining over an existing level ether. And considering what platforms this game will be released for, accepting updates like this willl be a cinch.

I can imagine us doing an event that will make up plow through all the levels from sonic 1 from Green Hill all the way to Scrap Brain. Eggman's machines will serve as bosses. Sonic's NPC accompanies you though out the event.

And yes, you can buy sonic universe weapons like Sonic Knuckles, character statues, chao mags, Striker of Chao.

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 01:26 PM

Sonic is going to be 21 years old this year.

What confuses me is... Does that make Sega genesis sonic a baby/toddler? I mean all he did was get into fist fights with knuckles and metal sonic and listen to michael jackson...

Wait.. no, I can imagine a toddler doing that.

Rauten
May 6, 2012, 01:30 PM
Sonic

toddler

michael jackson

Oh dear lord...

Personally I doubt they'll have the time to do anything for Sonic's anniversary, even if they do manage to launch before that day comes, which after the network issues of CBT and how they're going to delay the game a bit because of them, is looking quite unlikely.

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 01:43 PM
MICHAEL JASKON IS NOT A PEDO, OTHERWISE THAT KID'S DAD WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED HIMSELF. HE WAS JUST WEIRD!

NOW GO WORSHIP HIM!

Rauten
May 6, 2012, 02:02 PM
NOW GO WORSHIP HIM!

Hell, no. I'd rather be eaten by Gabe Newell.

Macman
May 6, 2012, 02:07 PM
edit: Whoa, no seriously what? where's that sonic costume from? D: I want a Sonic man costume.
NPC from that unwashable stain known as Sonic '06.

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 02:11 PM
NPC from that unwashable stain known as Sonic '06.

What a waste... D:

yoshiblue
May 6, 2012, 02:25 PM
Sonic man? Dear lord, no.

Dan Maku
May 6, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sonic costume?

IF YOU CAN DO RAPPY COSTUMES, YOU CAN SURE AS HELL DO SONIC COSTUMES!

Randomness
May 6, 2012, 03:34 PM
Phantasy Star Portable 2 should of been called Miku clone party instead. There were few days where I wouldn't see someone dressed up as Miku. I dont even wanna know how many people dressed up as vocaloid characters in Infinity.

Anyway, didnt they Sega say that mags could be customized using ARK cash, and one of the examples was sonic? I would love to have my mag as one of the sonic chao from Sonic Adventure 2.
[SPOILER-BOX]You cant tell me its not cutehttp://www.deviantart.com/download/73542730/__Sonic_Chao___by_Shadikal.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

A Sonic mag would be awesome. Doubly so if the photon blast was Sonic spin dashing wildly around the room (bouncing off walls, just all around chaotic)

ShadowDragon28
May 6, 2012, 06:13 PM
I'd pay money for a Mag device that would change my Mag into a pair of floating black dragon/Bat Wings that looks sleek and bad ass like Gundam Hellscythe's wings...

Sizustar
May 6, 2012, 06:24 PM
Sonic costume?

IF YOU CAN DO RAPPY COSTUMES, YOU CAN SURE AS HELL DO SONIC COSTUMES!

If they do do a sonic costume, two possiblity, a full Sonic costume, or a sonic cosplay similiar to the Vocaloid game by Sega

[SPOILER-BOX]http://sonicportal.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/9/5/3895624/6908654.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

PSO Addict
May 6, 2012, 06:49 PM
Don't anticipate mags turning into wings. I think the back units will be taking that place in this game. There is a small icon on the chart that looks like the dragon wings. I think that might suit your needs Mr. Dragon.

jmanx
May 6, 2012, 10:57 PM
THIS WOULD BE THE SHIZNIT

I will die and goto heaven if this happens

jmanx
May 6, 2012, 11:01 PM
Sonic is going to be 21 years old this year.

What confuses me is... Does that make Sega genesis sonic a baby/toddler? I mean all he did was get into fist fights with knuckles and metal sonic and listen to michael jackson...

Wait.. no, I can imagine a toddler doing that.

nah from game to game things happen a few months later or a few days or hell the next day lol

PSO Addict
May 7, 2012, 06:57 AM
Is that you Vash?

Triple_S
May 7, 2012, 06:58 AM
I would give anything for Tails-related items.

Costume especially <.<

PSO Addict
May 7, 2012, 07:07 AM
Tails Talis.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 7, 2012, 07:10 AM
I would give anything for Tails-related items.

Costume especially <.<

There's a fox-ears accessory for you ;)

Rauten
May 7, 2012, 09:33 AM
Tails Talis.

A talis that throws Tails at enemies. THE CARNAGE!

Akaimizu
May 7, 2012, 09:36 AM
Anything tails would rock on my character. He actually already wears yellow. (Character creator) My first PSO Dreamcast character wore yellow, so this is sort of a color homage.

PSO Addict
May 7, 2012, 09:40 AM
Actually, I could see tails or sonic spikes being back units.

Boodendorf
May 7, 2012, 09:45 AM
Do want a Metal Sonic Cast.

Taitu
May 7, 2012, 10:44 AM
Knuckles fists all day.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 7, 2012, 11:18 AM
Knuckles fists all day.

YES, I wish they had real-life ones like the Mickey Mouse gloves you get at Disney Land. I would rock those all day.

Chik'Tikka
May 7, 2012, 11:24 AM
YES, I wish they had real-life ones like the Mickey Mouse gloves you get at Disney Land. I would rock those all day.

like this??+^_^+
http://hobbyhunters.com/Images/Hobby/Character_Goods/Others/GE8807.jpg

youcantcatchtheblue
May 7, 2012, 11:46 AM
like this??+^_^+
http://hobbyhunters.com/Images/Hobby/Character_Goods/Others/GE8807.jpg

oh look at that!! they look kinda flat though, I'd expect Knuckles gloves to be box-y and you just stick your fists in them lol

and the logo on the wrists ruins everything ;(

Rauten
May 7, 2012, 11:50 AM
They look like they'd be some really nice mittens for the oven, though.

Alucard V
May 7, 2012, 03:59 PM
lol... NEW RACE...

SONIC ARTSTYLE ANIMALS

/concept

The "Mobians" as a race? I thought about it too. I am the guy that said make it a my snyth disk after all.

A side quest and ARK card would do. After Colonel Sanders, the Twin Cats, and Rappico it be about time.

Cayenne
May 7, 2012, 05:16 PM
I'm not a Sonic fan so anything that does pops up will be a "Oh, look at that..." reaction lol.

I doubt anything wil happen and I base that on absolutely nothing.

Knuckles will be cool though...

Triple_S
May 7, 2012, 06:31 PM
There's a fox-ears accessory for you ;)

My character, Mist, started wearing those as soon as I unlocked them.

Not good enough! Obsessive fanboys like me need to, well, be obsessive. It was really hard not blowing the 2 mil generously given to me when I started on PSU JP on a Tails statue!

...I don't have a problem <.< *scoots plushies and other merchandise out of view*

youcantcatchtheblue
May 7, 2012, 09:44 PM
...I don't have a problem <.< *scoots plushies and other merchandise out of view*

It's ok, I too have a Tails plushie which is way cuter than my Sonic & Knuckles plushies XD

Sidney
May 8, 2012, 03:30 AM
It's ok, I too have a Tails plushie which is way cuter than my Sonic & Knuckles plushies XD

Oh man! I have Sonic and Tails plushies from like, the early '90s. :) Good times! I would definitely fangirl if I saw Sonic or Tails running around the lobby, not going to lie.

Nurusanura
May 8, 2012, 03:37 AM

Yay for tails plushie! :3

Macman
May 8, 2012, 10:14 AM
I only have a shameful Cream plush, and a freakin' awesome Serperior plush.

Boodendorf
May 8, 2012, 10:32 AM
I got a Miku, a Kirby, a Yoshi and a Shadow plushie.
Oh yeah Blaze accessories for all genders plz D:.
And also replace the sprint button by the boost button hah.