PDA

View Full Version : finding rare items

Ovurkill
Mar 5, 2001, 02:06 PM
I've heard from people that the odds of obtaining rare items increase as both your hours logged and/or experience level increases. I first found rare items in the ruins on hard mode at around level 55 or so, although they were only VARISTA, DB'S SABER and BATTLE VERGE. They would be every other item i picked up. Even though they weren't the best items, I still thought it was pretty cool. I am now on level 60 in very hard mode and I am not finding any rare items, with the exception of HUNTER FIELDS. I find those in the forest and the only other rare item i found was a SACRED SHIELD in the caves. Getting that out of the way, I'd like to know what level/hours you guys were at when you started to recieve some special items in the lower levels of hard mode. It's getting on my nerves, I hear people talking about finding certain items in the very hard forests all the time and I only find HUNTER FIELDs! I'm a level 60 HUnewearl, my section ID is REDRIA. I have about 75 hours logged on my game.

Nowyn
Mar 10, 2001, 11:46 PM
Dont feel bad I got something like 130 hours on my game right now and Im hitting level 76, personally I find that most times the only way some people get rare weapons are from dupes. I lost my double saber and Durandal's Blade in a BSOD and so far all I catch are varsita's VISES', VISKs, and for the love of god DB's Sabers.

Phantasy
Mar 11, 2001, 02:31 AM
Getting rare items has a lot to do with your guild card. It determines what kind of items you will find.

AdamW
Mar 11, 2001, 02:20 PM
Believe me, you don't want to be Purplenum. I'm Lv100, logged almost 300 hours in and my LCK is at 76 and I never find anything good. I've already found better stuff with my Lv 30 Viridia and haven't even logged 50 hours in with him yet.

Quill
Mar 12, 2001, 06:48 AM
I too can't figure out this whole finding rare items thing. I find DB Sabers, Blade Dance, Varista's, Flowens Swords like there is no tomorrow. My section ID is WHITILL which, so I have heard, is one of the better and more rare ones. I am a lvl 75 HUmar with about 160 hrs logged. If I don't find something half way decent soon, I am going to start using my PSO CD as a frisbee!!!

AdamW
Mar 12, 2001, 08:31 AM
Quite frustrating indeed. I have talked with several people who had a LCK of 10 and weren't even Lv 60 that have found Pian's Hearts, Sonic Knuckles etc. I couldn't even find a mag cell and I played Forst V Hard at least 30-40 some times by myself. Whatever you do, make sure you are NOT a Purplenum.

gen
Mar 18, 2001, 12:21 PM
I know how you all feel when I was level 77 I could not get A thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aierylia
Mar 19, 2001, 06:30 AM
Erm...well first of all, luck has nothing to do with your chances of finding good items. Luck just determines your critical hit rate.

And I feel your pain, Ovurkill. I'm also from Redria, and at lvl. 93 with 140 hours, I still find the same junk. I've only commonly found the following:

Varista
DB Saber
Battle Verge
Visk
Club of Laconium
Vise
Crush Bullet
Hunter/Ranger/Force Fields
Dragon Slayer (who hasn't =P)
Parasite Wear: De Rol
Flowen's Sword
Justice (these aren't so bad though)
Brionac

Only by some slim chance have I found good or fairly good stuff:

Double Saber (found 3 total)
Invisible Guard (sucky at this point)
Sacred Guard (not bad really; don't have to worry about status anomalies now)
Delsabre's Right Arm (bwah, lost that when all my items were wiped)
God/stuff (power, mind, arm, leg, battle)

Then I have friends who have over 300 hours logged and they say they still find junk. I get the impression that next-to-no-one finds good rares, and that the people who do find them spread the goods around by duping. *sigh* Oh well. As long as I keep finding a fair abundance of materials, I'm happy...ish.

The_Saint
Mar 19, 2001, 01:44 PM
I am a level 90 Humar, with an ORAn ID.i have logged 190 hrs. and all i have found are the following items:

Varista!!!!!!!! (YES!!!!!)
DB's Saber (bet you wish u could get one 2)
Delsabers Arm(buster) Hard Ruins
M&A60 Vise V-Hard (Everywhere)
Burning Ripper
Blade Dance V-Hard (everywhere)
Dragon Slayer ummm....i forget
S-Beats Arm(Blades) Hard Mines
Club of Laconium (EVERY club i find)
Visk V-Hard (Every Area)
Crush Bullet ---same-----
Justy found this once.....i
think off-line..forget where.
Justice V-Hard (Every Area)
Suppressed Gun found this one once
too...once again..forget where
AGITO(fake) 1 in th V-Hard Ruins
Flowen's Sword V-Hard Ruins
Brionac V-Hard Ruins
Slicer of Assasin V-Hard (Every area)
Cross Scar Couple on V-Hard off
line....forget what area.

That's about it....Everything else i have was given to me. Hope this helps in any way. IF on the very OFF-CHANCE anybody wants any of these items...(YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHH) lemmee know.
Cheers

MSZ-016
Mar 20, 2001, 09:32 PM
hmmm... odd. i'm also whitill hunter and @ lvl 20 in ruins normal, i've found a double saber that has 15% abeast and 5% dark and a fake agito as well as variata and db saber. @ lvl 45 in v hard forest (online since i didn't finish the offline hard) i found the hunters field, proto regen gear (fake one), flowens shield, koladgold. @ lvl 50+ in v hard (online once again) i've found invisible shield, h&s25 with good %'s, sbeats arm, delsabers right arm and various varistas and db's. also, in hard caves i saw a nar lily and it dropped a hero ability. very cool. i think nar lily was my first rare monster i ever saw in pso and i logged total of 180+ hours for 3 chars. but by far my whitill (lvl 61 now) char has found better stuff then my yellowboze hunter (lvl 89).

Ron
Mar 23, 2001, 10:23 PM
well my shizat is composed of:
visks
vises
DB,s sabres
dragon slayers
varistas
gae bolg
brionac
assasin blades
some braveman diskas
etc etc
you know those crappy rares>:l
now the semi good stuff
2invisable barriers
hero abilaty (one of my personel faves)
god stuff(god arm,godpower,etc.etc.)
DPARTS ver1.01 with 2 slots I conviently found for my HUcast lucky me >http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif
parasite armor de rol le:ack
photon claws
delsabre sabres
S.beats blades
and thats all. sigh I wish I had more oh well

andriod7
Mar 28, 2001, 12:54 AM
for u to all know your luck has nothing to do with what u find but how lucky u are on getting critical hits

CrashXAndXBurnX
Dec 25, 2010, 02:25 PM
I have 3 characters. A lvl 122 Whitill RaMar. A lvl 107 Purplenum. And a lvl 50 Viridia. And I've found a great spectrum of rares. I suggest creating other characters. Seemed to work quite well for me. Then again my Whitill has over 200 hours worth of play

DC_PLAYER
Dec 25, 2010, 02:58 PM
Lock Please

ViewtifulJoe
Jan 20, 2011, 04:42 AM
I wondered how such a high concentration of noobishness found its way onto this board after all this time the game has been out. Hey, it's good timing though, this thread is about to celebrate its 10 year anniversary.

Ketchup345
Jan 20, 2011, 01:15 PM
Please don't post in topics over a month old in the PSO forums, 2 weeks in the other forums.