PDA

View Full Version : Planned parentships: OBT's choice servers

Peejay
May 8, 2012, 10:45 PM
Since OBT, or, at least CBT2 is gearing up in private, I felt it appropriate to plan for our new voyage. I want to know who wants to move where, if at all.

I shall list a few positive points of each ship that I can think of.

1 - The first ship. Probably going to be full and an excellent choice for those who wish to hone their language skills.

2 - The home ship for the Alpha 2 onwards according to the community. Sticking with tradition is a good way to have you find yourself with currently existing brethren, or even new ones who will come along later.

4 - This number I guess also has the same pronunciation as death. It developed its own community in the belief that the Japanese would place superstition above gameplay and avoid it. It seems to have worked for them. It has its own little community too, and is also a good bet.

10 - the last ship in the list, and another good idea on the merit that nobody wants to scroll down that far!
---------------

I'm doing this to see, primarily out of curiousity, how people's opinions have changed amongst PSO-World. Will there be any dramatic shift? I don't know. Will there be people who won't play again? I certainly hope so, too.

---------------

By the way, as a member of an unofficial PSO-World Skype group chat, I will be taking add requests to throw people in there. Granted, I'll probably be harsher than Rath, but just so viewers know, it still exists.

stheno
May 8, 2012, 10:51 PM
I voted for Ship 2 to avoid any confusion.

goldwing
May 8, 2012, 10:52 PM
Im hanging my wings up and quitting pso2..... jk ship 2 for me

PSO Addict
May 8, 2012, 10:52 PM
^ Troll Detected!

I think our hang out worked quite well and I don't know that we need to change it. However, I am unsure if we should expect a significant amount of people to join us with open beta.

Konflyk
May 8, 2012, 10:53 PM
I say we stick with 2 since it's a PSOw ship mostly. We should also divide our block into two or 3 I mean with 52 of them we can take 20,21,22 or 19,20,21 when we fill one to capacity it gets meh hard to get in(that and OB/full release will have more players online taking up more space than before), that or have a designated overflow block when we do fill to capcity. Also as far as I know the only people I've heard of who go to Ship4 are usually on Reddit, 4chan, tumblr, etc.

vividspider
May 8, 2012, 10:53 PM
I think we should just keep with ship 2.

Even though I was on ship 1 accidentally in the CB lol.

Rath-Kun
May 8, 2012, 10:54 PM
Now we will see you in the OB. xD

Taitu
May 8, 2012, 10:56 PM
I shall be on ship 2. There's plenty of Japanese players on it for me to play with anyway while still knowing the entire English community will be on that ship if I need them.

Peejay
May 8, 2012, 11:00 PM
There was actually a bunch of people I know and from here who holed up on Ship 4. Knowing we have to pay real money now will affect how we roll our characters.

I had 3 on Ship 2, I think I'll have one there next, since it'll be all I can get.

vividspider
May 8, 2012, 11:00 PM
Now we will see you in the OB. xD

I know lol xD

Randomness
May 8, 2012, 11:01 PM
Ship 2. We already basically decided the (un)official PSO ship during the CBT. It's unlikely Ship 2 Block 20 will no longer exist in any future iteration.

Chik'Tikka
May 8, 2012, 11:03 PM
Ship 2 seems safe, i didn't get to be on it in CBT (spent all my AC on gachas) and ship 6 just didn't have as many helpful people Japanese or otherwise+^_^+ and I'll stay away from 4, i don't know why the Japanese don't like but i know i don't like it+^_^+

stheno
May 8, 2012, 11:07 PM
We should also divide our block into two or 3 I mean with 52 of them we can take 20,21,22 or 19,20,21 when we fill one to capacity it gets meh hard to get in(that and OB/full release will have more players online taking up more space than before), that or have a designated overflow block when we do fill to capcity.

That's a good idea. Probably 20, 21, 22, etc just to keep it sequential.

Also as far as I know the only people I've heard of who go to Ship4 are usually on Reddit, 4chan, tumblr, etc.

Hah, I see you're also using the same name on the PSO2 subreddit.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 8, 2012, 11:08 PM
what we should do instead of decide the ship since it's clearly going to be ship 2, is decide multiple english blocks.

i think it should just be simply, english blocks start from 20 onward. so if block 20 is full, the next designated english block would be 21.

or perhaps every multiple of 10 is an english block. like block 10, block 20, block 30, block 40.

i think that might be a better idea since then we don't just clog up a bunch of blocks in one chunk.

Zyrusticae
May 8, 2012, 11:09 PM
It's always been ship 2, block 20, 21 if 20's full (and 22 if 21 gets full, which hasn't happened yet and probably never will). It's something that works and I see no compelling reason to change it, especially since a lot of folks will simply not get the memo anyways and end up split from the community.

Think of us as hostile invaders from another land. If we don't stick together, we'll die separately!

goldwing
May 8, 2012, 11:10 PM
what we should do instead of decide the ship since it's clearly going to be ship 2, is decide multiple english blocks.

i think it should just be simply, english blocks start from 20 onward. so if block 20 is full, the next designated english block would be 21.

or perhaps every multiple of 10 is an english block. like block 10, block 20, block 30, block 40.

i think that might be a better idea since then we don't just clog up a bunch of blocks in one chunk.

Thats not a bad idea. Either or isnt to bad tho im likeing the 20 up more so.

RocSage
May 8, 2012, 11:14 PM
I vote 42.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 8, 2012, 11:24 PM
Thats not a bad idea. Either or isnt to bad tho im likeing the 20 up more so.

nah if people are already just making 20+ overflow english blocks then we don't really gotta discuss it, it doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal anyway. i didn't know that's what people already did lol

Cypher_9
May 8, 2012, 11:26 PM
Least I wouldn't be all starry eyed when I get into this game again... LOL

I like the idea with us owning 3 blocks on ship 2... makes it sound like a gang thing...

We shall be called... Childern of the ARK(Z)

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 11:28 PM
Since OBT, or, at least CBT2 is gearing up in private, I felt it appropriate to plan for our new voyage. I want to blah blah blah blah...

Play a game of League of Legends with me and I'll tell you

Ship 2.
Block 20.
Running around porking people all day.

Konflyk
May 8, 2012, 11:29 PM
Ship 2 seems safe, i didn't get to be on it in CBT (spent all my AC on gachas) and ship 6 just didn't have as many helpful people Japanese or otherwise+^_^+ and I'll stay away from 4, i don't know why the Japanese don't like but i know i don't like it+^_^+

Not sure if my JP is...good enough but as I recall Shi = 4 and Shi is also a part of a word that means death(ex. Shinei, "Kenshiro quote here"(Houkuto no Ken(fist of the north star)))

Hah, I see you're also using the same name on the PSO2 subreddit.

Yeah I use "Konflyk" for everything, YT, Skype, AIM, XBL, PSN, etc.

Vashyron
May 8, 2012, 11:29 PM
Personally would prefer Ship 1 as that will naturally have the highest overall population thus more people selling their stuff in player shops.

Though over that I would prefer playing with English players which most of you seem to have just locked your sights onto 2.

BahnKnakyu
May 8, 2012, 11:32 PM
Ship 4, block 44 is the 4chan ship/block btw.

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 11:35 PM
Ship 4, block 44 is the 4chan ship/block btw.

So? The farther away they stay from the rest of the planet, the better. We don't need trash like them anywhere near us, nor should we want it. I'm mad that I even know their location now. Thanks for ruining my night.

Konflyk
May 8, 2012, 11:37 PM
So? The farther away they stay from the rest of the planet, the better. We don't need trash like them anywhere near us, nor should we want it. I'm mad that I even know their location now. Thanks for ruining my night.

LMFAO, they aren't all that bad, don't assume all of 4chan to be bad v, vg can be legit at times, you'd be surprised if you give those guys a chance, not b.

BIG OLAF
May 8, 2012, 11:38 PM
Ship 2, Block 20 (21 if full).

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, etc.

Chik'Tikka
May 8, 2012, 11:45 PM
Not sure if my JP is...good enough but as I recall Shi = 4 and Shi is also a part of a word that means death(ex. Shinei, "Kenshiro quote here"(Houkuto no Ken(fist of the north star)))

Yeah I use "Konflyk" for everything, YT, Skype, AIM, XBL, PSN, etc.

well they dislike it for a better reason then me!!!+^_^+ just happens be one of my Exes b-days (4-4)+^_^+

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 11:52 PM
LMFAO, they aren't all that bad, don't assume all of 4chan to be bad v, vg can be legit at times, you'd be surprised if you give those guys a chance, not b.

When you were younger, did you ever have a game that you played that you thought was awesome, yet got older and thought to yourself "why the fuck did I ever like this game?"

Well, 4chan is like that to me. I've given them multiple chances and, if anything, they're getting worse. If I want gaming news, I go to Gametrailers. If I want people's opinions on said gaming news, I go to the forums on Gametrailers. If I want to laugh about gaming news, I go to Kotaku. If I want to watch a bunch of self-proclaimed know-it-all brain dead nerds throw shit at each other, I'll go to 4chan.

Silenttank
May 9, 2012, 12:07 AM

I thought the same thing.

Konflyk
May 9, 2012, 12:08 AM
When you were younger, did you ever have a game that you played that you thought was awesome, yet got older and thought to yourself "why the fuck did I ever like this game?"

Well, 4chan is like that to me. I've given them multiple chances and, if anything, they're getting worse. If I want gaming news, I go to Gametrailers. If I want people's opinions on said gaming news, I go to the forums on Gametrailers. If I want to laugh about gaming news, I go to Kotaku. If I want to watch a bunch of self-proclaimed know-it-all brain dead nerds throw shit at each other, I'll go to 4chan.

Friday the 13th - NES

And yeah, I do agree, yet it is funny to laugh at their LoZ discussions since that's where all the butt hurt accumulates.

Porkmaster
May 9, 2012, 12:16 AM
Sorry about that, Peejay. Kinda went off topic there for a second.

Back on topic, seems like the general consensus is still Ship 2, Block 20 (21 if 20 is full, etc). I'll definitely still be hanging around block 20. Can't wait for OBT to start so I can shoot more Rappy's in the face.

(It's okay, they're immortal)

Konflyk
May 9, 2012, 12:22 AM
32 up for Ship 2 already, guess we already know where we're going ladies an gents. I'm still curious as to how Open beta, and full release will go(in terms of population), idk Sega's campaign strategy, I mean PSO2was all the talk of the most recent exhibition in Japan, makes me wonder how many droves of people will flood in.

Ark22
May 9, 2012, 12:24 AM
Ship 2 huh? Guess I am going to ship 3

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 12:24 AM
32 up for Ship 2 already, guess we already know where we're going ladies an gents.

Please note that there's two people who are opting for 4 and one even going to 9. It's their choices, and this is to gauge what opinions have changed from the Closed Beta preparations than actually figuring out where we're headed now, as if we've never done it before.

bryanbtje
May 9, 2012, 02:00 AM
So basically almost everybody is going to ship 2.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 9, 2012, 02:21 AM
great... I was going to say this before we ran the actual poll, but we should have had a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll so that we can see which ships are the most popular so that we can have a secondary ship as well...

maybe run another poll also for secondary ship?

LokinModar
May 9, 2012, 07:47 AM
i'm on for ship 2

Ce'Nedra
May 9, 2012, 09:15 AM
I hate kids...

I'll probarly stick to ship 2 like anyone else, just need to decide on more then 1 block because 20 will most likely be full constantly

Cypher_9
May 9, 2012, 09:25 AM
I hate kids...

LOL

But, yes... it was suggested that we occupy... 21, 22, and 23... as well.

Did I just say "occupy"...

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 09:32 AM
I hate kids...

I'll probarly stick to ship 2 like anyone else, just need to decide on more then 1 block because 20 will most likely be full constantly

You can join me over in 30. It's where I had to find myself holed up constantly.

Rauten
May 9, 2012, 09:33 AM
I hate kids...

You and me both, pal.

I'd rather the community moved on to Ship 3 or 4, since Ship 2 will also probably be very crowded, though I guess sticking to the same server & block does have the advantage that if the JP player base wants to avoid/meet us, they already know where us dirty gaijins are.

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 09:38 AM
You and me both, pal.

I'd rather the community moved on to Ship 3 or 4, since Ship 2 will also probably be very crowded, though I guess sticking to the same server & block does have the advantage that if the JP player base wants to avoid/meet us, they already know where us dirty gaijins are.

That makes it sound like there's more of us than there really are. And there's already a few groups heading to 4 as it is.

I don't see a reason to go there, since they also act in a different manner as a group than the community on ship 2, and I don't think I'd mesh well.

Piddle
May 9, 2012, 09:40 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually plan on sticking to the Japanese servers regardless of whether or not there is an English release? With the assumption that they would be separate.

Randomness
May 9, 2012, 09:42 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually plan on sticking to the Japanese servers regardless of whether or not there is an English release? With the assumption that they would be separate.

I'm conflicted, myself.

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 09:55 AM
I will have an account on both, I'd rather play on the English servers though.

Rauten
May 9, 2012, 10:10 AM

I'd prefer to play on English servers, but if need be (due to a lack of an international release or a lackluster update policy on the international servers), I'll play on the JP

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 10:20 AM
I could see the US servers not getting certain items/events due to copyright.

vividspider
May 9, 2012, 10:32 AM
I will have an account on both, I'd rather play on the English servers though.

If they do have an English release and its super behind the Japanese servers I'm don't think I'd even bother playing on it.

Fhin
May 9, 2012, 10:42 AM
[...]

^This 'cause I need to play with Nedra.

PSO Addict
May 9, 2012, 10:42 AM
I'd rather play on the english servers, but my concern is that no one here would want to convert and play with me. We'll have to see how it all plays out I assume.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 9, 2012, 11:29 AM
Well...pretty sure we all know which ship won this lol
I'd be more comfortable on English server and by that saying where I can actually communicate with others better. (yes i know there are JP players who know english)
Most of the JP characters I came across on Ship2 in the CBT knew english...or atleast enough understand.

Zyrusticae
May 9, 2012, 11:32 AM
great... I was going to say this before we ran the actual poll, but we should have had a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll so that we can see which ships are the most popular so that we can have a secondary ship as well...

maybe run another poll also for secondary ship?
Honestly, this is completely unnecessary. Ships are massive, with, IIRC, 50 blocks each. Plus we don't play on JP primetimes (except for the night owls among us).

I hate kids...

As mentioned previously, we just keep going to successive blocks (21, 22, etc.) if the previous ones are full. Very simple.

vividspider
May 9, 2012, 11:40 AM
Honestly, this is completely unnecessary. Ships are massive, with, IIRC, 50 blocks each. Plus we don't play on JP primetimes (except for the night owls among us).

Yeah this.
Most of us are on the other side of the world from them so I doubt there will be a problem with with being too crowded.

I don't really think the blocks matter too much since you can change blocks in like a second.

Infiniteque
May 9, 2012, 12:08 PM
If these English patches stay consistent and thorough, I'd be fine with playing on the JPN servers in the situation that PSO2 is not released globally or has separated servers.

But preferably, I would opt for an actual English version by SEGA first.

Here's hoping the game is released globally with multiple language support like PSO was..

moorebounce
May 9, 2012, 12:12 PM
I was on Ship 2 during the CBT but didn't know you could switch (or how to switch) blocks. lol I was so happy to play I didn't notice until afterwards that everybody from PSOW was even on block 20.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 9, 2012, 01:15 PM
hm, even if english servers were released i don't think i'd switch over because of the time i spent on my characters in the japanese servers.

if they offered a data transfer of my characters i may be more inclined to do it, but it doesn't seem like english servers will come out for pso2 until at least a year. they'd probably be super behind pso2 jp too, which would further discourage me from playing.

DarK-SuN
May 9, 2012, 02:45 PM
I'll stick to the Japanese servers even if English servers are released, specially after putting considerable time into characters on the Japanese servers.
Plus, at this rate, I somewhat doubt there will be separate region servers, everyone may just end up using the same servers as it is, we just choose our ship (this is just me speculating, don't take my word for it).
Also voted Ship 2, although my group of friends uses Block 15, but since we're all in the same Ship (which is what matters) it's easy to go from Block 15 to Block 20 and vice versa when no one else is on.

Dragwind
May 9, 2012, 02:54 PM
I don't see any reason to further complicate this matter. I'll be staying on ship 2.

CyberNei
May 9, 2012, 03:08 PM
Ship 2. Don't gonna change my opinion unless whole psow community will move to another.

Ce'Nedra
May 9, 2012, 04:52 PM
^This 'cause I need to play with Nedra.

Of course we will play ^^

Griffin
May 9, 2012, 05:08 PM
If you want to actually make a serious poll, don't add joke options. >:U

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well...pretty sure we all know which ship won this

I've asked like six people not to post like that.

Anyways, I think it wod be more likely to see a global release anyways. I can't picture them going a PSU route for a PSO title.

NoiseHERO
May 9, 2012, 05:15 PM
For those of you using ship 4 because you think the number is going to be like bug spray on the Japanese players...

I heard 4chan uses ship 4...

ALSO NICE POINTLESS THREAD PEEJAAAAAYYYEEEE~

Raging Ghost
May 9, 2012, 05:39 PM
Since people claimed Ship 2 to be the official English community's ship...

I'll follow the lead.

Kazzi
May 9, 2012, 07:12 PM
I've been on ship 2 in every test so far, I doubt I'll change at this point out of force of habit.

Spellbinder
May 9, 2012, 08:39 PM
I was in 5 for beta, but really just depends on where my guild votes to go.

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 08:50 PM
Oh, that reminds me. I believe I'll be going to ship seven later. Just gotta let you know.

oOSAROo
May 9, 2012, 09:48 PM
Ship 11 .. after the first 5 million players .. come ship 11 see ya !^^;

Macman
May 10, 2012, 12:50 AM
I still think it's kind of shitty how your character is bound to a ship. :-?

njdss4
May 10, 2012, 01:21 AM
Since people claimed Ship 2 to be the official English community's ship...

I'll follow the lead.

Same.

Spellbinder
May 10, 2012, 02:14 AM
I still think it's kind of shitty how your character is bound to a ship. :-?

They're looking into a way to move them across ships, but apparently it won't be easy.

Konflyk
May 10, 2012, 02:23 AM
They're looking into a way to move them across ships, but apparently it won't be free.

Fixed

Sachiko-K
May 10, 2012, 06:27 AM
I'm gonna have to discuss it with my friends. I prefer hanging out with them more often than not. All things considered, they will probably be in either Ship 2 or 6, though, and I will be with them.

Spellbinder
May 10, 2012, 06:42 AM
Fixed

While I don't recall him mentioning a fee, yes I could imagine them charging a fee for it considering the way he explained the server are setup at the briefing.