PDA

View Full Version : Trading and storing items?

May0
May 9, 2012, 12:14 AM
You can't just drop items to circumvent the trading system correct? If you do drop items they instantly disappear?. It would circumvent the trading fee if you trusted the person enough to drop your items or give them away so to speak. I didn't play the beta so I'm lost on this front. :-?

Also as I understand it you'll have 30 item slots to start out with and you can buy additional room that's temporary for a month or so. I hope I misunderstood that last bit. I can rationalize permanent increases to item space but renting it presents the problem of "what happens to my items when my rent is out?".

I couldn't find any topics that answered the questions in particular, if there's already an open thread about it, I'd appreciate the link.

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 12:16 AM
It is physically impossible to drop items. They must be destroyed because that's already been foreseen.

Also, you start out with 50. I also think there's a handful of free storage, too.

Items trapped in storage remain in storage until you renew it. You just can't access them.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 9, 2012, 12:22 AM
It is physically impossible to drop items. They must be destroyed because that's already been foreseen.

Actually, it is possible to drop items like Monomates, Dimates, Trimates to give to your team-mates (edit: haha, that rhymed perfectly). Not all Items are droppable though, and I don't know what the conditions are for items to be droppable.... maybe only consumables are droppable?

May0
May 9, 2012, 12:24 AM
thanks, handfull of free storage?

so 50 slots on your person, and a bank as well?

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 12:25 AM
50 slots as a person. I do believe there was a mediocre free storage, but there's premium and 3 expansion storages which are something like 200 slots each.

Vashyron
May 9, 2012, 12:26 AM
200 Free Bank Space if I recall correctly.

Konflyk
May 9, 2012, 12:44 AM
Free
50 On hand, 200 Inventory
Premium
extra storage 300 when you get a premium ticket(My room, shop, trading)
50 extra on hand slots when you purchase the expansions they come in 10s so (5x10) I personally believe they are a must have, since inventory space fills quick when you start getting good abilities and want to transfer them, that or keep fodder for the mag.
There were some extra storage spaces as a premium I didn't check the size, but after I had the premium ticket I believe it was 2 more for a total of 500/600? Anyone can feel free to fix that.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 9, 2012, 01:32 AM
bank is shared between your characters which is nice though. total character storage is like 2000? 20,000? items i think. so for example, if you get a rare gun on your hunter, you can just put it in your bank, get on your ranger, and withdraw it from there. i like that.

theoretically, this could make buying characters for extra inventory space cheaper than expanding your storage, since storage doesn't seem like it will be permanent.

i didn't know about being able to drop healing items like monomates though, that's kinda cool. makes me wonder what else you can drop trade.

kyuuketsuki
May 9, 2012, 01:43 AM
Actually, it is possible to drop items like Monomates, Dimates, Trimates to give to your team-mates (edit: haha, that rhymed perfectly). Not all Items are droppable though, and I don't know what the conditions are for items to be droppable.... maybe only consumables are droppable?
Eh? Is this for sure? I don't think I ever tried dropping any consumable items. As far as I knew when I was playing, you could only discard, not drop.

Anyways, as previously stated:

Inventory: starts at 50, can be expanded up to 5 times in increments of 10 by buying inventory expansions from the AC shop for a maximum of 100.

Storage: starts at 200, is shared between all characters on the same ship. I believe you can buy/rent expansions, but I'm not clear on the details since I didn't mess with it during beta.

Trading is accomplished either through purchasing a ticket that allows you to do so for 30/60/90 days via the AC shop, or by using your shop which you also have to purchase a 30/60/90 day ticket to use. You can also just purchase the premium bundle ticket to get access to trading, shop, and room for 30/60/90 days at a time. However, the minimum price for anything in a shop is 1000 meseta, and there's always the chance of someone ninja'ing the item if you're attempting to bypass the trading function that way.

Mike
May 9, 2012, 01:48 AM
Eh? Is this for sure? I don't think I ever tried dropping any consumable items. As far as I knew when I was playing, you could only discard, not drop.
Yup, consumables are dropable. I dropped a Moon Atomizer for somebody who used one on me during one MPA dragon fight.

kyuuketsuki
May 9, 2012, 01:49 AM
Yup, consumables are dropable. I dropped a Moon Atomizer for somebody who used one on me during one MPA dragon fight.
Huh, good to know. Is this limited to mates and atomizers?

Chik'Tikka
May 9, 2012, 02:35 AM
i could of sworn i dropped a gun at some point, but i can't remember if it disappeared or not+^_^+

RocSage
May 9, 2012, 02:45 AM
bank is shared between your characters which is nice though. total character storage is like 2000? 20,000? items i think. so for example, if you get a rare gun on your hunter, you can just put it in your bank, get on your ranger, and withdraw it from there. i like that.

theoretically, this could make buying characters for extra inventory space cheaper than expanding your storage, since storage doesn't seem like it will be permanent.

i didn't know about being able to drop healing items like monomates though, that's kinda cool. makes me wonder what else you can drop trade.

Bank is shared between all characters on a ship.
Starts with 200 slots
Premium +300 slots
Warehouse A = +500
Warehouse B = +500
Warehouse C = +500

There is also 30 "temporary" slots and I think that storage is for items that are transferable between servers.

Storage is separate between Ships.

So assuming you have a character on each server and all 12 characters you can have something like 20,000 storage slots, 1200 inventory slots, and 30 temporary slots.

Of course that would cost something like $3000

youcantcatchtheblue
May 9, 2012, 09:28 AM

Yes, like Mike said, I also dropped a stack of monomates to my team-mate when I saw he was really low on health and didn't heal for a long time. As soon as I dropped them he picked it up and healed to full health.

When you click an item the last option is Discard and the second to last option is Drop. But it's almost always greyed-out... except for consumables.

EDIT:

There is also 30 "temporary" slots and I think that storage is for items that are transferable between servers.

oh wow, I wish I knew about that... there were a bunch of items I would have loved to transfer to my Ship 6 character :(
Can anyone confirm this?

DoubleCannon
May 9, 2012, 09:36 AM
This doesnt seem to have been answered for me. for the aditional slots on character the 10*5 making a total of 100 slots to carry items... Is this a perm thing or is this also monthly? It would be kind of stupid to make you make 5 purchases just to hold 100 items for like only 30 says. I am interested in knowing what is Perm as I would be buying that along with the longest premium shop / room thing you can get.

Saotome Kaneda
May 9, 2012, 10:12 AM
Is this a perm thing
Yes, it is.

DoubleCannon
May 9, 2012, 10:20 AM
Yes, it is.

beautiful thank you :) I will buy buying that 50 extra slots on day 1 haha

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 10:22 AM
It was really helpful in the closed beta, usually had to sell things every run but once I got the increase I didn't have to be so attentive to my inventory space.

RocSage
May 9, 2012, 10:45 AM
EDIT:

oh wow, I wish I knew about that... there were a bunch of items I would have loved to transfer to my Ship 6 character :(
Can anyone confirm this?

I'm pretty sure that is what it is for, but I didn't test it. It just makes sense.

Fhin
May 9, 2012, 10:45 AM
Free
50 On hand, 200 Inventory

Sp purchasing nothing with money gives me this right from the start?

PSO Addict
May 9, 2012, 10:47 AM
Free storage includes 200 bank slots and 50 inventory slots.

Fhin
May 9, 2012, 11:00 AM
Wow nice...so like the old PSO which was more than enough for me. So no money for sega from me. :D

kyuuketsuki
May 9, 2012, 11:25 AM
Wow nice...so like the old PSO which was more than enough for me. So no money for sega from me. :D
This isn't PSO, so you can't really directly compare the amount of slots. Between individual drops, and all the weapons, units, and various other drops you're going to be keeping between holding for the weapon/unit upgrading systems, weapons/units/disks/etc. to feed your mag, costumes, etc. the space goes more quickly than you'd think.

It didn't take long at all for the 50 inventory slots to become a bit of a chore to manage in beta, and I started to bump into the 200 item storage limit before the end of beta as well. Of course, if you can manage your stuff within the limits of what you get for free, more power to ya.

Fhin
May 9, 2012, 01:05 PM
This isn't PSO, so you can't really directly compare the amount of slots. Between individual drops, and all the weapons, units, and various other drops you're going to be keeping between holding for the weapon/unit upgrading systems, weapons/units/disks/etc. to feed your mag, costumes, etc. the space goes more quickly than you'd think.

It didn't take long at all for the 50 inventory slots to become a bit of a chore to manage in beta, and I started to bump into the 200 item storage limit before the end of beta as well. Of course, if you can manage your stuff within the limits of what you get for free, more power to ya.

That's what I'm going to do. :P

I only keep what I need/ will need...stuff for the mag will be fed anyways directly. I don't need costumes since I won't pay for them.

PSO Addict
May 9, 2012, 01:13 PM
I was going to say furniture will take up room, but if you don't intend to pay for a room, you won't need it. I threw a whole bunch of junk in the beta storage but that was just because I couldn't fill it in the short time of the beta and it's all gone now.

Dragwind
May 9, 2012, 02:57 PM
PSU turned me into an item hoarder, since you never know when they'll turn around and make useless stuff actually useful. I'll probably be buying even more item storage, although I don't think it'll really be needed.

Hrith
May 10, 2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, but at least there are no materials in this game (no item crafting), and many items are relevant to orders/quest objectives and only drop while the latters are active (great idea, there). I doubt we'll need as much storage room as in PSU :P

LokinModar
May 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
I always ended up with the bank full in beta. the "mag food" weapons and armour were the problems, as well as tech/pa disks

Taitu
May 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Honestly even keeping in mind the whole time that beta would be short and I didn't need to conserve storage space I ended up using a grand total of 20 slots in storage. If I can't immediately feed an item to my MAG I sell it. Junk equipment comes more than often enough for me not to worry about hoarding it. The only reason for me to hold on to equipment is if I get something better that I can't use at that moment or the equipment piece has a skill I want to transfer which needless to say that equipment piece will be fused away on to the weapon I am currently using.

Kazzi
May 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
My storage kept filling up quickly because I was stupid enough to accept every single client order available, so I kept ending up with an inventory full of the monster drops for the quests and I constantly ran out of space, even with 100 slots. Even putting them all in storage didn't stop them from coming back xD

Never doing that again. Doing client orders in moderation next time.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 10, 2012, 05:08 PM
My storage kept filling up quickly because I was stupid enough to accept every single client order available, so I kept ending up with an inventory full of the monster drops for the quests and I constantly ran out of space, even with 100 slots. Even putting them all in storage didn't stop them from coming back xD

Never doing that again. Doing client orders in moderation next time.

but uuu gett extraa mesetaa and eexxpppeeeeee
its so worth it maaaannnnnnnn

moorebounce
May 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
50 slots on each character plus the 200 in storage which can be shared between all your characters on the same ship is more than enough for me.

The really messed up part is I do like to give away rares every now and then and you can't just drop them or give them away anymore which sucks.

Macman
May 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
I always ended up with the bank full in beta. the "mag food" weapons and armour were the problems, as well as tech/pa disks
Too much hoarding is not good for you. I sold about 80% of all vendor trash I picked up while still having ample mag food.

If I didn't spend any over the course of the whole beta, I would've probably ended up with well over a million meseta.

LokinModar
May 10, 2012, 06:23 PM
Too much hoarding is not good for you. I sold about 80% of all vendor trash I picked up while still having ample mag food.

If I didn't spend any over the course of the whole beta, I would've probably ended up with well over a million meseta.

In the end of beta i was filthy rich and only kept the most important stuff. The mag food i carried along with me (mags are not that hungy in pso2, so...)

Mike
May 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
During the closed beta, did anyone with the premium set try to trade with someone without? I didn't get a chance to test that and I'm curious if both parties need the ability to trade or just the instigator. I have the feeling it works likes player shops do but I'd like some confirmation.

Macman
May 10, 2012, 08:26 PM
Both parties do need premium in order to trade directly with each other.

Blackheart521
May 10, 2012, 08:52 PM
During the closed beta, did anyone with the premium set try to trade with someone without? I didn't get a chance to test that and I'm curious if both parties need the ability to trade or just the instigator. I have the feeling it works likes player shops do but I'd like some confirmation.

I tried trading with my friend and I had slots available for use but they didn't since he just made a new character and I believe I could trade with him but he couldn't trade back, so I could give items to him, but he couldn't give in return.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
In the end of beta i was filthy rich and only kept the most important stuff. The mag food i carried along with me (mags are not that hungy in pso2, so...)

i'd still hoard a bunch of mag food regardless, so i could feed while i did hw / etc, and quasi-afk in lobby.