PDA

View Full Version : You know what PSO2 needs? Lobby chairs.

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 02:38 PM
'Member those PSO lobby chairs where you could hop in em and your Section ID color would pop up as the colors of your chairs?

I think we need that back. I miss my lobby chair races.

kyuuketsuki
May 9, 2012, 02:42 PM
You're talking about the photon chairs. Some people love 'em, some people hate 'em.

I'm willing to bet they come back as an "emote" you can win from the gacha.

FerrPSO
May 9, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah they should be in, atleast in the upper section of the lobby

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 02:45 PM
You're talking about the photon chairs. Some people love 'em, some people hate 'em.

I could see that, lets hope. ;D

bradsta6508
May 9, 2012, 02:49 PM

Haha how could one hate the photon chairs?

BIG OLAF
May 9, 2012, 02:51 PM
I don't see a point to them. You can already sit anywhere with the "sit" emotes (duh). I don't see a need for a chair that poofs out of nowhere.

But, it they do add them, I hope they aren't just masses of bent jelly like in PSO. A fancy, futuristic space-throne would be nice. Hell, they could even have different ones to unlock and/or buy.

bradsta6508
May 9, 2012, 03:13 PM
masses of bent jelly like in PSO

Hey I like the masses of bent jelly!

Rauten
May 9, 2012, 03:19 PM
Well, personally I'd like them to return as masses of bent jelly, and that they do poof out of nowhere.

Seriously, this can't be a proper sequel to PSO without chair races :wacko:

P.S.: Though I'd personally limit their use to the shopping district.

DemonMike
May 9, 2012, 03:24 PM
Think of the lag! D=

Yes, I still find the whole chair = lag thing from closed beta amusing.

CelestialBlade
May 9, 2012, 03:27 PM
Lobby chairs are not complete without that soccer game in the lower lobbies in PSO. Seriously, watching four people flying after a giant ball in photon chairs is a sight to behold.

Gardios
May 9, 2012, 03:32 PM
I'd prefer it if they made chairs and benches "sittable" again. No need to clog up the main area when there's plenty of room (and it's pretty, too!) elsewhere.

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 03:33 PM
Think of the lag! D=

Yes, I still find the whole chair = lag thing from closed beta amusing.

Is that why you couldn't sit in the beta anymore? Haha.

I TOTALLY forgot about lobby soccer. So awesome.

Dragwind
May 9, 2012, 04:06 PM
There was apparently an issue with the preset sit button for lobby chairs causing a lag issue with data being collected by the server.

I agree though, we need lobby chairs back. It's an integral part of lobby communication.

and a great way to settle things through photon chair races

stheno
May 9, 2012, 04:23 PM
Is that why you couldn't sit in the beta anymore? Haha.

I hope they fix the lag issues with sitting in obt. It's pretty ridiculous the number of chairs and benches strewn about the ship and you cant even use them.

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 04:58 PM
Well you can.. just gotta sit all awkwardly on them. xD

moorebounce
May 9, 2012, 05:06 PM
I don't see a point to them. You can already sit anywhere with the "sit" emotes (duh). I don't see a need for a chair that poofs out of nowhere.

But, it they do add them, I hope they aren't just masses of bent jelly like in PSO. A fancy, futuristic space-throne would be nice. Hell, they could even have different ones to unlock and/or buy.

Actually it comes out your ass. lol

Priest
May 9, 2012, 05:54 PM
I'd prefer it if they made chairs and benches "sittable" again. No need to clog up the main area when there's plenty of room (and it's pretty, too!) elsewhere.

Haha, i read that as shittable, also this

Actually it comes out your ass. lol

Considering you bend over as it appears..

They'd also have to add some ramps so us handicap chair racers can get up the stairs to the tekker without getting up. ;p

NoiseHERO
May 9, 2012, 06:00 PM
I think they need better sitting poses...

I kind of miss PSU's alternate sitting animation too.

But for the actual lobby chairs, your characters sits kind of stiff, in both poses...

As for the PSO bean bags made of photon and fart... ehn... I don't think we need em, but a lot of people WANT them, so why not. I don't really want em, but unlike certain people here I don't mind new content that only OTHER people can enjoy.

Moah
May 9, 2012, 06:09 PM
I'm cool with the photon chairs, as long as it doesn't create lag.

Rath-Kun
May 9, 2012, 06:41 PM
Heh

I would like more sitting positions too. When the sitting was around it looked so awkward. They're in a pooping sitting position it looked like. They need to lay back and relax a bit.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
Heh

I would like more sitting positions too. When the sitting was around it looked so awkward. They're in a pooping sitting position it looked like. They need to lay back and relax a bit.

wat i'd do for a photon chair drifting mini game.

krux
May 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
....oh now you all want photon chairs

Kazzi
May 9, 2012, 07:10 PM
I asked for them on the feedback form haha.

I was wondering why they removed the ability to sit on the chairs in the lobby. I mean, you can sit on them, but it looks awful and everyone is always at some weird angle. It makes the chairs seem like pointless decorations, so I hope they fix the lag issue (but then again, the lag throughout the beta was god awful anyway).

NoiseHERO
May 9, 2012, 07:14 PM
It's funny I only really felt lag when I went to ship 2...

And that was mostly on ship 20 where it was always maxed...

I had my main character on ship 1, on the least crowded block, and RARELY experienced lag, at least not on my own character.

They do definitely have some things to work out though, I noticed they still have that problem where it looks like your allies are doing god knows what in the bag ground instead of attacking the same enemy you're fighting.

(But then you actually ARE fighting the same enemy)

Still way better than PSO and PSU's syncing issues though.

Chik'Tikka
May 9, 2012, 07:38 PM
i came to CBT right after ship 6 and that's where i went, even at its most crowded it had zero lag+^_^+

Peejay
May 9, 2012, 07:58 PM
So is this a sexual fetish thread? All I can gather from it is pooping jell-O.

It's actually made me kind of hungry.

kyuuketsuki
May 9, 2012, 11:02 PM
Haha how could one hate the photon chairs?
You must be new to the Internet. People can and will hate anything and everything.

Macman
May 10, 2012, 12:47 AM
Lag only happened in CBT when the Japanese zergrushed the servers (4PM Japan time).

During American daylight hours it was flawless. I'm only attributing this to the overall volume of accounts logged in at once, since there were far more Japanese people registered than otherwise.

Shirai
May 10, 2012, 01:02 AM
I would give up every sit lobby action for a photon chair. Oooh they took me away from working hard in PSO.

njdss4
May 10, 2012, 01:22 AM
I want my bent jelly photon chairs back.

Blizz3112
May 10, 2012, 09:47 AM
They'd also have to add some ramps so us handicap chair racers can get up the stairs to the tekker without getting up. ;p

Yeah, and wouldn't it be awesome that you had character options that allowed your character to permanently ride in a wheelchair? ... ... ... ... ...

No... no it wouldn't... :-?

Photon chairs do add mobility along it... you could practically sit everywhere. However, I'd advice Sega not to do it on wide spaces and graphical spots...

skuld01
May 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
all I ask is more sitting pose.

Vent
May 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
Photon chairs are nice and all, but anyone wondered if they are still photon chairs without section IDs? ;-)

CelestialBlade
May 10, 2012, 12:51 PM
Photon chairs are nice and all, but anyone wondered if they are still photon chairs without section IDs? ;-)
That's a good point o_o

There's a part of me that misses Section IDs on the sole basis that I can't call myself a Whitill White Girl anymore. :(

Rauten
May 10, 2012, 01:08 PM
There's a part of me that misses Section IDs on the sole basis that I can't call myself a Whitill White Girl anymore. :(

Same here, I had a certan pride in having my character have blue hair, blue clothes and being BlueFull... but that cannot be anymore :no:

jmanx
May 12, 2012, 03:50 AM
This has noting to do with the chair races. IT JUST LOOK So much better than sitting on the floor

Rath-Kun
May 12, 2012, 12:31 PM
Scooting across the floor in that jello mass, I wants it.

Kazzi
May 12, 2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah, and wouldn't it be awesome that you had character options that allowed your character to permanently ride in a wheelchair? ... ... ... ... ...

No... no it wouldn't... :-?

Photon chairs do add mobility along it... you could practically sit everywhere. However, I'd advice Sega not to do it on wide spaces and graphical spots...

IDK, I think a hover wheelchair would be pretty awesome. Imagine it jet-packing it up instead of jumping!

If they did do different colors then they'd probably set your color as the color you picked for your main outfit

PSO Addict
May 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
They could easily make the chairs a furniture piece. They would lose most of their excitement however... But It would be an easy addition to that anyway. Beyond that, I don't think it would be too far off to have them in the lobbies.