PDA

View Full Version : Hard Mode and Time Attack

Porkmaster
May 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
Vote for our team name! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194925)

So when I hit level 20 and gain access to hard mode, I'll be spending almost 100% of my time there.

I need 2 more competent people to roll with. There's already myself and Nuru. I usually like to run marathon sessions, so have food and water at the ready (preferably water and something quick and easy with meat in it. Hot pockets come to mind). If you're interested, feel free to send me a friend request.

Note that I'm not asking for ONLY 2 people. I realize people have jobs and real life to deal with (lolwut) and thus, can't be online all the time. Let's turn this into WoW for a second. I need 4 "Main Raiders" (Nuru, 2 other people, and myself) and any number of "Side Raiders" to fill in for when the "Main Raiders" are busy.

When Open Beta rolls around, I will be creating a team (guild). Skype/Vent (depending on what we decide to use) is always a plus and heavily encouraged, but not required.

I know a lot of people like to play this game casually, and I can respect that. However, if you're a casual player, then I'm not looking for you and would kindly ask that you not waste my time in the future by claiming you're hardcore in this thread and end up being casual in-game.

So yeah, I think that just about covers everything. If you're interested, let me know. If there aren't enough hardcore gamers in this community, then feel free to let this thread die. Thanks for reading, and I hope that at least a couple people are interested so we can get a full on hardcore group up and running to farm for gear and top the leaderboards in Time Attack.

Now, I know "hardcore" is a tough word to place. Some people claim to be hardcore because they can sit and play for 12 hours. Well, that's not my definition. Those 12 hours don't mean anything if you're dead for 2 of them. My definition of hardcore would be: Know your class, know the combos that yield the highest amount of damage possible, know how to dodge, and know the invincibility frame of your dodge, know how to focus fire (Dark Ragne's legs and Vol Dragon's tail come to mind), etc. I care more about overall skill rather than amount of time played.

Note that being on the side list doesn't mean you're any less skilled than any of the people on the main list, it just simply means you can't put in as much time.

Basically we are going to be administrating a hardcore team. If you are on the hunt for the best weapons and completing the challenges in the least amount of time and maintaining that record, then you are in the right place. Most important thing though is to have fun with it. Sure having the rare weapons and bragging rights is always cool, but to some people, the work and effort put behind these things may not be their idea of fun.

We are always recruiting for those who are interested in becoming the best at playing their class, or in the game in general. If you play any other online games, that is fine, as long as you can play this game like a boss. I play FFXIV myself and i know id spend a lot of time with pso2 while waiting for ffxiv2.0 and perhaps even beyond that if pso2 holds true to worthy updates.

For those who are not joining the guild, but will be doing runs with us are still welcome to do so. However, it is unfortunate that we may choose guild members as top priority. Though this is most likely going to happen when the game is released. As for open beta, we will be completely pick-up.

Anyways, just a quick message i wanted to give out. When news of the open beta is announced, ill be talking with pork about setting up a team forum and from there we can discuss what the best builds are for each class and the diversity of player roles on each weapon type. Thanks for your interest and happy gaming!

The list so far:

MAIN (Need a Force):
Porkmaster (Ranger)
Nurusanura (Hunter)
Peejay (Ranger)
Resa-tan (Hunter)

SIDE:
Goldwing
Taitu
moorebounce
vividspider
RemChu
ClothoBuer

Chik'Tikka
May 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
open to being a "side raider"+^_^+ but more likely I'll go where soubrette goes+^_^+
i have finals the next 2 weeks so ima be busy busy busy+^_^+
has headset+^_^+

Taitu
May 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
Feel free to count me in on helping you guys out. I'll be spending a great deal of time every day on the game anyway.

Mr Champloo
May 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hellz yeah count me in as a main raider when i play i play for huge amounts of hours at a time.

goldwing
May 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Id love to join you in this. Due to my work sced ill have to be a side tho. As for the guild part i wont be joining it. And what is your def of hardcore? I do not claim to be hardcore

Mr Champloo
May 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
p.s i got vent and teamspeak as well as a headset of course. ;p

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2012, 12:32 PM
Uhm, I don't think Time Attack is gonna be in the beta, but full release. Hardmode should be though. Unless I'm getting it mixed up.

Also hopefully Time Attack will indeed be the same thing as Challenge mode. >_>;;

Porkmaster
May 10, 2012, 12:43 PM
Uhm, I don't think Time Attack is gonna be in the beta, but full release. Hardmode should be though. Unless I'm getting it mixed up.

Also hopefully Time Attack will indeed be the same thing as Challenge mode. >_>;;

I know Hard Mode will be in the Open Beta. I'm not sure about Time Attack. It does look a lot like challenge mode, though.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah Time Attack is definitely not in beta...

"Open Beta Test Features

New Planet (Lilipa)
New Field (Desert)
New Boss (Gwanada)
New Enemy: Robots
New Story Quest
Class Level 30′
Hard Mode

Official Release Features

New Field (Frozen Soil)
New Enemy (De Marmoth)
New Enemy (King Yede)
New Enemy (Yede)
New Boss (Marmoth)
New Boss (Snow Banshee)
Class Level 40
New Costume and Hairstyles added to AC Scratch
Mag’s 3rd evolution.
Time Attack Quest"

I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to hard mode. Something tells me I should still put down my make-everyone-in-the-room-your-bitch-wired-lance though.

Randomness
May 10, 2012, 01:26 PM
I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to hard mode. Something tells me I should still put down my make-everyone-in-the-room-your-bitch-wired-lance though.

Wired Lance is too much fun. My absolute favorite hunter weapon in CB. It's so good at locking down pesky enemies by using them as wrecking balls. Then finish them off with a piledriver and walk away.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
Wired Lance is too much fun. My absolute favorite hunter weapon in CB. It's so good at locking down pesky enemies by using them as wrecking balls. Then finish them off with a piledriver and walk away.

i'm wondering about how much longer it will take to kill enemies in hard mode. looking at the latest videos, boss monsters seem like they move too far away too fast, to use sword gear gauge effectively. it makes me think that later on depending on the distance bosses make, partisan will be the most effective weapon.

however sword gear gauge may prove more useful for hard/veryhard etc. modes where mobs will probably have similar or same moveset/AI, they just take way longer to kill. in that case gear gauge will be incredibly easy to build and maintain, making it much better than wired lance/partisan. although wired and partisan both have decent AOE, sword just does explosive damage at 3 bar gear gauge, so it's hard for those two weapons to keep up.

in all honesty even though wired lance is so cool, i don't see it succeeding in the future unless all weapons get more PA's or something.. it's not a good boss fight weapon imo, and in harder modes where mobs have more hp, it's AOE nature will be outdamaged by sword gear.

i think that's how it'll work.
sword = hard/very hard mob clearing
partisan = boss fighting.

wired lance's only saving grace is that incredibly OP so long me bowser attack. it has probably the most effective AOE damage wise and range wise. we will see.

still sad we won't be able to mess with knuckles any time soon, but i'm liking the shift dodge. it's cool.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
Id love to join you in this. Due to my work sced ill have to be a side tho. As for the guild part i wont be joining it. And what is your def of hardcore? I do not claim to be hardcore

Not a problem if you don't want to join the guild. It's really only there so that I can more easily put together groups for our Hard Mode runs.

Now, I know "hardcore" is a tough word to place. Some people claim to be hardcore because they can sit and play for 12 hours. Well, that's not my definition. Those 12 hours don't mean anything if you're dead for 2 of them. My definition of hardcore would be: Know your class, know the combos that yield the highest amount of damage possible, know how to dodge, and know the invincibility frame of your dodge, know how to focus fire (Dark Ragne's legs and Vol Dragon's tail come to mind), etc. I care more about overall skill rather than amount of time played.

goldwing
May 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
Not a problem if you don't want to join the guild. It's really only there so that I can more easily put together groups for our Hard Mode runs.

Glad your one of the few iv met that actualy can define what they feel is hardcore. And its so true. I look fowerd to partying up with you and your team.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
ugh, i feel like your definition is agreeable but generally playing for 12 hours goes hand in hand with being skilled.

either that, or you've already played so many action type games you have a natural affinity, so you get good really fast. which is pretty sad (this is me)

those projectile spamming roller skate robots seem like they'll be a gigantic pain in the ass, so skill in the game may become more necessary than usual.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
ugh, i feel like your definition is agreeable but generally playing for 12 hours goes hand in hand with being skilled.

If only that were true. I know many people who play games for extreme amounts of time and still suck at them. You CAN sit down and play Sonic 1 for 5 hours and eventually beat it, but I can sit down for less than 40 minutes and do the same thing. Why? Because I know the shortcuts, I know what all the enemies do, and I don't get hit.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 11, 2012, 11:52 AM
If only that were true. I know many people who play games for extreme amounts of time and still suck at them. You CAN sit down and play Sonic 1 for 5 hours and eventually beat it, but I can sit down for less than 40 minutes and do the same thing. Why? Because I know the shortcuts, I know what all the enemies do, and I don't get hit.

this is when i ask myself what exactly they're doing when they play the video game.

and then they say "lol i'm just playing for fun, it's just a game"

which i then reply

"JUST

A

GAME?!

JUST

FOR

FUN?!?!?!?!!?!?

NO.

NO NO.

NO NO NO NO NO NO."

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
lolcasuals

Precisely! :lol:

Those are what we like to call "Casuals". Those are the people I don't want. That's not to say I don't like them, I'm friends with many casual gamers, but for this particular guild, it's all about efficiency and skill.

moorebounce
May 11, 2012, 12:09 PM
I'll have to look you up Poke because with school being out by June 1 for me I'll be pretty much free over the summer.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
I'll have to look you up Poke because with school being out by June 1 for me I'll be pretty much free over the summer.

Sounds good. Want me to put you on the list as a side?

Edit: Note that being on the side list doesn't mean you're any less skilled than any of the people on the main list, it just simply means you can't put in as much time.

moorebounce
May 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sounds good. Want me to put you on the list as a side?

Yep go ahead. I'll be playing a lot lol

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
Meh I like to keep my serious time and for fun time seperate.

I either take my time playing a game, or I don't play it at all. you can learn all these meta game glitches and remember all the enemies patterns and never get hit and get the best time. Or I could just use that time to learn to do something... more interesting than being a god at a videogame. And enjoy the way I play the game either way.

But that doesn't mean I throw skill out the window either, That's why I like challenge more, you don't need 300 hours and 200 dollars worth of time and equipment and building your character to get by. As long as your party agrees and or you're playing with friends, I could just use my bare fist a whole mission and no one would care and I'd have fun the whole mission (which I did.)

You can choose whenever you want, whether or not it's time to "play seriously" or "hardcore" for whatever reason. If someone ALWAYS plays seriously, then you don't ALWAYS have to play with them, or if some elitist tries to give you shit for the way you play. Skill, the thing they CLAIM to care about the most. isn't gonna be the dirt they have on you, as long as you're better than them/can match them in challenge mode.

So yeah, I don't care how "hardcore" or "I have no other talent so I put 7000 hours into this game" someone is, challenge mode = casual or pro, time rankings do all the talk for skill.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 12:33 PM

I either take my time playing a game, or I don't play it at all. you can learn all these meta game glitches and remember all the enemies patterns and never get hit and get the best time. Or I could just use that time to learn to do something... more interesting than being a god at a videogame. And enjoy the way I play the game either way.

But that doesn't mean I throw skill out the window either, That's why I like challenge more, you don't need 300 hours and 200 dollars worth of time and equipment and building your character to get by. As long as your party agrees and or you're playing with friends, I could just use my bare fist a whole mission and no one would care and I'd have fun the whole mission (which I did.)

You can choose whenever you want, whether or not it's time to "play seriously" or "hardcore" for whatever reason. If someone ALWAYS plays seriously, then you don't ALWAYS have to play with them, or if some elitist tries to give you shit for the way you play. Skill, the thing they CLAIM to care about the most. isn't gonna be the dirt they have on you, as long as you're better than them/can match them in challenge mode.

So yeah, I don't care how "hardcore" or "I have no other talent so I put 7000 hours into this game" someone is, challenge mode = casual or pro, time rankings do all the talk for skill.

I can't tell whether you're with me or against me. Either way, you did make some good points. There are games I play for fun (Stepmania, Plants vs Zombies, some Sonic games) and games where I almost always have my "serious face" on (WoW (used to be the leader of a hardcore raiding guild), Diablo 3, PSO 2, MOBA's (League of Legends, DoTA) any first person shooter, Dark Souls/Demon's Souls, some Sonic games).

There are also times where I just want to dick around and have fun on PSO 2, whether it's decorating my room or joining in on a dance party in the lobby. By no means do I want anyone in this team to be serious 100% of the time, only during the times we agree to go into Hard Mode or speed run Time Attack.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2012, 01:00 PM
Nah I was just leaving my neutral opinion on playing seriously and playing casually. Some people take playing seriously too far... for no reason, then they aren't even all that good( I guess most people wold call them elitist.) Then other's like to insult casuals as if they're BAD at the game or they're playing it wrong. But at the same time, including people that call themselves hard core players, everyone should be able to enjoy themselves and their time in whatever game however they want.

Then when it REALLY comes down to skill... "Shut up and Challenge mode!"

I'm still REALLY hoping Time Attack isn't based around equipment and levels. e_e

soulpimpwizzurd
May 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
Or I could just use that time to learn to do something... more interesting than being a god at a videogame. And enjoy the way I play the game either way.

but you get interneeett proppsss maynnn

nah i agree with you. to be honest i wish i realized this earlier instead of becoming disgustingly good at games like rakion and s4 league.

i always think what if i spend that time on other things, or just spent it doing a mimimum wage job, etc.

now that i'm older and time's flying by i'm trying to make my time actually count for something.

but the magnetic nature of pso2 to my time-wasting nature is so strong orz. i love practicing the just guards, keeping sword gauge up on bosses, and i had too much fun timing the unarmed dodges.

i do think it's by and large a gigantic waste of time nonetheless. 1000+ hours on s4 league? ha.

ha ha ha ha.

oh me.

Chik'Tikka
May 11, 2012, 01:05 PM

10 interweb cookies for saying what i couldn't!!! *hands over 9 cookies and some spyware disguised as a cookie* +^_^+

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
Nah I was just leaving my neutral opinion on playing seriously and playing casually. Some people take playing seriously too far... for no reason, then they aren't even all that good( I guess most people wold call them elitist.) Then other's like to insult casuals as if they're BAD at the game or they're playing it wrong. But at the same time, including people that call themselves hard core players, everyone should be able to enjoy themselves and their time in whatever game however they want.

Then when it REALLY comes down to skill... "Shut up and Challenge mode!"

I'm still REALLY hoping Time Attack isn't based around equipment and levels. e_e

You've been floating around here leaving comments and showing interest (which is a good thing), yet haven't actually said whether or not you want to be a part of our little party. If you want me to add you to the list, I'll be more than happy to.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2012, 01:06 PM
but you get interneeett proppsss maynnn

nah i agree with you. to be honest i wish i realized this earlier instead of becoming disgustingly good at games like rakion and s4 league.

i always think what if i spend that time on other things, or just spent it doing a mimimum wage job, etc.

now that i'm older and time's flying by i'm trying to make my time actually count for something.

but the magnetic nature of pso2 to my time-wasting nature is so strong orz. i love practicing the just guards, keeping sword gauge up on bosses, and i had too much fun timing the unarmed dodges.

i do think it's by and large a gigantic waste of time nonetheless. 1000+ hours on s4 league? ha.

ha ha ha ha.

oh me.

/places hand on your shoulder...

/FLIPS YOUR COMPUTER + MONITOR AND DESK OUT THE WINDOW WITH ONE HAND AND DROWNS YOU IN REDBULLS AND RIPS OUT YOUR CABLE WIRES(for internet)!

YOU'LL THANK ME FOR THIS LATER!!

On-topic: Oh no, saw you guys talking about being hardcore and jumped in there, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT ASKED ME TO FURTHER EXPLAIN, KINDA, but no, no I won't be joining, my bad. I'm done.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 01:11 PM
/places hand on your shoulder...

/FLIPS YOUR COMPUTER + MONITOR AND DESK OUT THE WINDOW WITH ONE HAND AND DROWNS YOU IN REDBULLS AND RIPS OUT YOUR CABLE WIRES(for internet)!

YOU'LL THANK ME FOR THIS LATER!!

On-topic: Oh no, saw you guys talking about being hardcore and jumped in there, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT ASKED ME TO FURTHER EXPLAIN, KINDA, but no, no I won't be joining, my bad. I'm done.

PFFHAHAHAHA :lol:

Peejay
May 11, 2012, 01:28 PM
I'm not too terribly serious unless we're getting COMPETITIVE.

That said, WHO WENT INTO THE WHELPS? FIFTY DKP MINUS!

I will be available at almost all times, definitely late night times at all times, I can adapt roles meaning if you need a force, fine, I'll go set down that launcher and go cast magic missile, but I won't be happy about it. (In most games I am usually desginated healer or tank. That would apply especially to World of Warcraft.)

Rauten
May 11, 2012, 01:30 PM

Oh please, that is so 2005 :wacko:

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 01:33 PM

I will be available at almost all times, definitely late night times at all times, I can adapt roles meaning if you need a force, fine, I'll go set down that launcher and go cast magic missile, but I won't be happy about it. (In most games I am usually desginated healer or tank. That would apply especially to World of Warcraft.)

"WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T STAND NEXT TO OTHER PEOPLE"

"Whelp."

"FUUUUUUCK!"

Also, welcome to the group, you fucking badass.

Seems to me like you main Ranger. Good stuff right there, so do I. Nuru mains Hunter, so if Mr Champloo mains Force, we'll have the ideal group. Let's take Vol Dragon for example. With 2 Rangers, would could constantly keep Weak Shot up on weak points. Let's say I mark his tail with Weak Shot. Then you, Nuru, and Mr Champloo will all focus down the crystal on his tail while I deal damage with Photon Arts in between Weak Shot casts. Tail goes down, my Weak Shot is still on cooldown, so it's your turn. So the tail goes down, Vol Dragon falls down and then puts his tail in the ground and sits there like a derp. You mark his horn with Weak Shot while doing damage in between casts with Photon Arts, we all focus it down while the Force uses Rabarta to chain his feet to the ground over and over, and boom. We just killed him before he could go into the ground to get some molten armor.

That's all assuming Mr Champloo is a Force.

Nurusanura
May 11, 2012, 06:16 PM
Basically we are going to be administrating a hardcore team. If you are on the hunt for the best weapons and completing the challenges in the least amount of time and maintaining that record, then you are in the right place. Most important thing though is to have fun with it. Sure having the rare weapons and bragging rights is always cool, but to some people, the work and effort put behind these things may not be their idea of fun.

We are always recruiting for those who are interested in becoming the best at playing their class, or in the game in general. If you play any other online games, that is fine, as long as you can play this game like a boss. I play FFXIV myself and i know id spend a lot of time with pso2 while waiting for ffxiv2.0 and perhaps even beyond that if pso2 holds true to worthy updates.

For those who are not joining the guild, but will be doing runs with us are still welcome to do so. However, it is unfortunate that we may choose guild members as top priority. Though this is most likely going to happen when the game is released. As for open beta, we will be completely pick-up.

Anyways, just a quick message i wanted to give out. When news of the open beta is announced, ill be talking with pork about setting up a team forum and from there we can discuss what the best builds are for each class and the diversity of player roles on each weapon type. Thanks for your interest and happy gaming!

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 08:00 PM

TL;DR

umad?

Also, adding this to the OP.

Macman
May 11, 2012, 08:24 PM
Oh boy time attack.
As long as it doesn't spawn a bunch of self-righteous elitists, I might be interested. Of course, this is Phantasy Star so it's going to happen. :-?

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 08:27 PM
Oh boy time attack.
As long as it doesn't spawn a bunch of self-righteous elitists, I might be interested. Of course, this is Phantasy Star so it's going to happen. :-?

There will be elitists in anything competitive. That's the way the world works! Want me to add you to the list?

Peejay
May 11, 2012, 08:28 PM
Wait, what's your guild gonna be called? Normally, I either end up hosting my own either called Maid Army or Rocket Hobo/Custom Hobo.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
Wait, what's your guild gonna be called? Normally, I either end up hosting my own either called Maid Army or Rocket Hobo/Custom Hobo.

I have no idea, yet. We have awhile to think, though. The next info we're getting about Open Beta is coming "near the end of May" apparently.

Macman
May 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
Want me to add you to the list?Maybe in the future. I'm not set to commit to a group just yet. I'm also not very good at going fast, as much as I'd like to.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 08:39 PM
I'm also not very good at going fast

[SPOILER-BOX]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt4vxfSHR51qkrm0ko1_500.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nurusanura
May 11, 2012, 08:46 PM
Well if not time attack then there are other things we would be doing to include you. It depends on the kind of content and stuff, but for rare item hunting, im sure there will be plenty of groups for that.

vividspider
May 11, 2012, 08:49 PM
I don't know if I'm hardcore enough lol.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
I don't know if I'm hardcore enough lol.

So here's what you do. You have almost a month before we even get any info about Open Beta. During this time, go out, get a PS2, grab God of War 1 and 2, or a PS3 and God of War 3, then speed run those games for like a month straight.

Do that and you'll have the action combat and speed required to be one of the cool kids. People pay millions of dollars for professional information like this.

vividspider
May 11, 2012, 08:52 PM
So here's what you do. You have almost a month before we even get any info about Open Beta. During this time, go out, get a PS2, grab God of War 1 and 2, or a PS3 and God of War 3, then speed run those games for like a month straight.

Do that and you'll have the action combat and speed required to be one of the cool kids.

I have a ps2 and I think we have god of war, but ive been playing Ookami lol.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 08:54 PM
I have a ps2 and I think we have god of war, but ive been playing Ookami lol.

Yeah, you're not hardcore enough.

Peejay
May 11, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well, if nobody else wants to make the team, I'll be the figurehead for it. I just like doing that.

And yeah, even though I main Ranger, when I was in closed Beta, I really screwed up my build in order to try and get more solo survivability. I found out later that, lol, that's completely useless considering how popular this game is and the fact you get NPC's to help you do EVERYTHING, including wiping your own butt.

vividspider
May 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
hey ive played god of war before, just never all the way through. :-x

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
Well, if nobody else wants to make the team, I'll be the figurehead for it. I just like doing that.

And yeah, even though I main Ranger, when I was in closed Beta, I really screwed up my build in order to try and get more solo survivability. I found out later that, lol, that's completely useless considering how popular this game is and the fact you get NPC's to help you do EVERYTHING, including wiping your own butt.

I'll be making the team, though I do appreciate the offer. We need a name though, so that'll be your job if you want it. Make sure it's something badass.

hey ive played god of war before, just never all the way through. :-x

Better start fucking practicing then! You have about a month! I'll add you to the list for now. If you're not hardcore enough by the time the game is RELEASED (not Open Beta), then you can stay... but don't expect very many runs, missy!

vividspider
May 11, 2012, 09:03 PM
I'll be making the team, though I do appreciate the offer. We need a name though, so that'll be your job. Make sure it's something badass.

Better start fucking practicing then! You have about a month! I'll add you to the list for now. If you're not hardcore enough by the time the game is RELEASED (not Open Beta), then you can stay... but don't expect very many runs, missy!

u so meen.

but yeah i have work and whatnot (needy bf) so better put me on the side list or w/e.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2012, 09:06 PM
Name your guild "mustache cash stash."

I suggested it to my bro's but it didn't make it to the final casting.

Porkmaster
May 11, 2012, 09:16 PM

Lol!! Brilliant name. A possibility.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 12, 2012, 02:57 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt4vxfSHR51qkrm0ko1_500.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

i have not lold this hard in ages oh, my god

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 03:24 AM
i have not lold this hard in ages oh, my god

Glad someone thought it was funny! I thought that brilliant post was going to go unnoticed.

Blackheart521
May 12, 2012, 06:23 AM

I smell a Regular Show reference! :grin:

Peejay
May 12, 2012, 08:17 AM
So far I've been tasked with making the name, and most of the names I want to think of have to be unique in some form, since who would want to join NARUTO GENIN BLEACH WEDDING PEACH SQUAD? Sorry, not trying to appeal to just average weebs here. If you want substance, you have to appear so.

I've made some backup names if the Nuru-senate shoots down "Rose-Arachnid."

Because you don't screw with spiders.

Blackheart521
May 12, 2012, 08:24 AM
Because you don't screw with spiders.

Nope, you just kill them with a shoe or roll em up in some toilet paper and throw em in the garbage ^^

Ferria
May 12, 2012, 08:29 AM
This is gonna be fun................... <3

Sidney
May 12, 2012, 09:07 AM
Genuinely curious: how do people find 8-12 hours to play daily? Even if you were unemployed or out of school, are there not loads of laundry, meals to cook, and dishes to do? (Or maybe the aforementioned Hot Pocket solves a lot? :lol:)

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2012, 09:44 AM
Genuinely curious: how do people find 8-12 hours to play daily? Even if you were unemployed or out of school, are there not loads of laundry, meals to cook, and dishes to do? (Or maybe the aforementioned Hot Pocket solves a lot? :lol:)

You'd have to live in a house with a lot of messy, busy and inconsiderate people for things like house chores to be ALL of your responsibility, enough for it take up your whole day. D8

Silenttank
May 12, 2012, 09:46 AM

Is that a quote from Regular Show?

I can be a side for when you wanna get some long runs in. My work schedule for the summer is really weird, somedays I work till 5 and others till 10 so I can play whenever I'm done working till I pass out.

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2012, 09:48 AM
I've said "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H" like 8 trillion times here, but everyone remembers mustashe cash stash. ;o;

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 10:47 AM

The Hot Pockets really do help. So do stretches in-between quests. A couple push-ups here and there never hurt, either. Always make sure the drink of choice is water and that you're not snarfing down 5 hot pockets an hour. This is marathon gaming, you will be sitting in one place for long periods of time, you don't really want to be eating burgers and fries.

Of course, I can't play for 8-10 hours every single day. I'd say I can pull off 8-10 hours of play time 3 days a week, give or a take a couple days depending on certain circumstances. There are weeks where I get less than 5 hours of game time in because I find myself extremely busy with my job (I'm a DJ at a local club) and work around the house. There are also weeks where I can get almost 50 hours of game time in. It really comes down to what you can work out between the people you live with and the time taken out of gaming to hit the gym or work out to stay healthy.

I work very hard to not fall into the stereotype of marathon gamers. The last thing I want is the people around here thinking I'm some basement nerd that makes castles out of soda cans where the flags are made of popsicle sticks and empty bags of chips.

Peejay
May 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Nope, you just kill them with a shoe or roll em up in some toilet paper and throw em in the garbage ^^

Alright, let me rephrase this, you don't screw with the spiders that live around here or florida since almost all of them can kill you, and even if you did, I probably would kill you in place of the spider because they're awesome. And think of the insect world. The only thing anyone posted that tops a spider is that ugly mutated wasp from Arizona. There are a lot of them, and they're really adaptable.

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 11:05 AM
Alright, let me rephrase this, you don't screw with the spiders that live around here or florida since almost all of them can kill you, and even if you did, I probably would kill you in place of the spider because they're awesome. And think of the insect world. The only thing anyone posted that tops a spider is that ugly mutated wasp from Arizona. There are a lot of them, and they're really adaptable.

Dude, fuck wasps. I had a pretty bad experience with wasps when I was younger, so if you were to bring a wasp anywhere near me now, I'd probably scream like a girl and run away like a pussy. Not as extreme as a phobia, I just really really really dislike them. They were put on this Earth for the sole purpose of finding people and eating their souls.

Peejay
May 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
I actually had a hornet that followed me around for a long time. It liked me and I don't know why.

vividspider
May 12, 2012, 11:30 AM

We're gunna fight.

The only thing anyone posted that tops a spider is that ugly mutated wasp from Arizona. There are a lot of them, and they're really adaptable.

Just search 'theraphosa blondi'

Taitu
May 12, 2012, 01:05 PM

Wait what? I lived in Florida for 2 years and the only common spider around there were wolf spiders which are relatively harmless.

Peejay
May 12, 2012, 02:04 PM
Wait what? I lived in Florida for 2 years and the only common spider around there were wolf spiders which are relatively harmless.

Those are everywheres. You also have scorpions and there's an uncommon lethal spider there.

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 02:06 PM

Aww! It's so cute.
Holy shit what the fuck. Keep that thing away from me.

This is gonna be fun................... <3

Does that mean you want to be a part of the team?

RemChu
May 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
What will be the team name?

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
What will be the team name?

We haven't decided on one, yet. There are a couple ideas floating around but nothing solid, yet. Once we pick a name, I'll be inviting everyone on the list to the social group I'll be creating to better organize groups and discuss the future of the team, etc.

Blackheart521
May 12, 2012, 04:37 PM
We're gunna fight.

Yeeeeaaaaaah, don't put me near that spider... I shall be quaking in me boots... I don't have a problem with spiders, I actually let daddy long legs live since they cleanse this world of the scourge of MOSQUITOS! But I don't see any giganto spiders like that in Illinois ^^;

Chik'Tikka
May 12, 2012, 04:54 PM
Why not something game related? like the "Apostles of Coral"?

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2012, 05:14 PM
Don't use something overly sophisticated sounding, it just sounds boring and pretentious. You gotta have something catchy that rolls off the tongue! MAYBE EVEN A LIL TRENDY, IN A GOOD WAY!

Wait, I'm not even in this guild.

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
Don't use something overly sophisticated sounding, it just sounds boring and pretentious. You gotta have something catchy that rolls off the tongue! MAYBE EVEN A LIL TRENDY, IN A GOOD WAY!

Wait, I'm not even in this guild.

Then maybe you fuckin' should be!! You've definitely shown enough interest. If you're worried about friends, they can tag along too. Y'know... If they're hardcore enough.

Rath-Kun
May 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
Personally I've used the names "Outer Heaven" from Metal Gear Solid.

Something Gurren Lagann themed would be cool too. Team Dai-Gurren or something.

vividspider
May 12, 2012, 07:59 PM
How about Order of the White Lotus, like from Avatar. : DDDDDD

Randomness
May 12, 2012, 08:36 PM
Obviously, you should name yourselves t0.

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2012, 08:36 PM
Then maybe you fuckin' should be!! You've definitely shown enough interest. If you're worried about friends, they can tag along too. Y'know... If they're hardcore enough.

Nah, we're making our own guild and I don't plan for it to be that big or serious, well I don't, but I'm cool with their idea-

AUGH STABBED MYSELF IN THE EYE WHILE RUBBING MY FOREHEAD!

Plus I'd still call myself an experienced casual player, over a hardcore gamer. But mostly the former reason.

BUT YEAH, NAMES ARE IMPORTANT, IF I CAN LESSEN THE ODDS OF SEEING GUILDS WITH PREDICTABLE/LAME/FANBOYISH/PRETENTIOUS NAMES I'LL TRY! Also I'm bored and I just post in every thread I see by the hour of free time I have, which is a lot of free time and you seem to be cool about me rambling about random stuff.

Miyoko
May 12, 2012, 09:26 PM
CALL YOURSELF DIAMONDS, HARDEST THING KNOWN TO MAN!

Enforcer MKV
May 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
Nah, we're making our own guild and I don't plan for it to be that big or serious, well I don't, but I'm cool with their idea-

AUGH STABBED MYSELF IN THE EYE WHILE RUBBING MY FOREHEAD!

Plus I'd still call myself an experienced casual player, over a hardcore gamer. But mostly the former reason.

BUT YEAH, NAMES ARE IMPORTANT, IF I CAN LESSEN THE ODDS OF SEEING GUILDS WITH PREDICTABLE/LAME/FANBOYISH/PRETENTIOUS NAMES I'LL TRY! Also I'm bored and I just post in every thread I see by the hour of free time I have, which is a lot of free time and you seem to be cool about me rambling about random stuff.

I'm with you, man. It gets annoying seeing all those ridiculous names out there.

Also, as interesting as this is, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it. While challenge is nice, I follow the 'if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.' Train of thought. Not that challenge isn't fun. (games today are too easy! Other than Dark Souls....damn you, Dark Souls!) It's just that....I dunno if I'd be up to spec.

RemChu
May 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
We haven't decided on one, yet. There are a couple ideas floating around but nothing solid, yet. Once we pick a name, I'll be inviting everyone on the list to the social group I'll be creating to better organize groups and discuss the future of the team, etc.

Add me to the list, please. I would love to have a pro group to run with. :-D

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 11:07 PM
Add me to the list, please. I would love to have a pro group to run with. :-D

It's always nice to have pros to run with, but I hope you don't mean to be carried. I'm not saying you have to be super duper skilled, but I'd prefer if you didn't get 1 shot by Dark Ragne cause you can't dodge disks.

mutha-f**kin Taric. O.o

Okay, that was funny.

Fuckin' love Taric. I couldn't help it, I've never really found a "real" reason to post that picture, but his post was practically begging me to do it.

Enforcer MKV
May 13, 2012, 12:16 AM
Fuckin' love Taric. I couldn't help it, I've never really found a "real" reason to post that picture, but his post was practically begging me to do it.

I prefer Leona, myself. Then again, I haven't played much in the last couple months (actually just finished a pair of games as Leona for the first time in....what, 3 months? We won't talk about the results. -.-; )

RemChu
May 13, 2012, 12:34 AM
Lol I had a 126 hunter on dreamcast.

and I capped my hunter during the close beta. I find the game very easy lol :grin:
so yes I will pull my own weight >.>

Porkmaster
May 13, 2012, 12:47 AM
Lol I had a 126 hunter on dreamcast.

and I capped my hunter during the close beta. I find the game very easy lol :grin:
so yes I will pull my own weight >.>

Then welcome to the group! I'm gonna have to put you as a side though, as we already 4 very competent mains. Don't worry though, you'll still get plenty of runs in with us, we won't ignore you. If more people show interest and I can get a leader for a second group, there's always that too.

Miyoko
May 13, 2012, 12:49 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzs8u2QI9e1r1twt6.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well, now you HAVE to use it.

his
'Scuse me? Notice the robo-boobs, man! D:

Peejay
May 13, 2012, 12:50 AM
Well, now you HAVE to use it.

Well, maybe we aren't perverts?

Miyoko
May 13, 2012, 12:53 AM
Well, maybe we aren't perverts?

Don't be silly. You're on the internet! Of course you're perverts! :p

Porkmaster
May 13, 2012, 12:58 AM

One of the most sacred rules of the internet is to just automatically assume everyone's a dude until stated or proven otherwise. It's safer that way. Only following the rules. I'd say a good 80% of Casts are female, and of those, probably less than 20% are actually female, all of who have robo-boobs.

Miyoko
May 13, 2012, 01:04 AM
It's funny you say that, because I swear PSO actually has a higher than average rate of gals-to-guys than most games do. I've no idea why. Maybe it's the general style...?

Anywho, 'scuse me for getting off topic!

Resanoca
May 13, 2012, 03:19 AM
CASTs don't have genders anyway. Just stapled on parts. /BS

As for a name, and the sake of on-topic, you already know the name I came up with. Which its a fantabulous one. Team America. ...Or The Fighting Mongooses. ;D

Spellbinder
May 13, 2012, 05:47 AM
Where's the Hard Mode and Time Attack thread again? I think I'm lost.

moorebounce
May 13, 2012, 06:04 AM
Where's the Hard Mode and Time Attack thread again? I think I'm lost.

You're in the right place but you got caught in an "Emergency Code" off subject. lol

ClothoBuer
May 13, 2012, 07:33 AM
I have no idea what's going on in here, but I am nonetheless amused. Either way, I came by to toss my name in the Sideboard hat, since my playtimes are a little unusual, but having dedicated people grouping for end-game is too nice an opportunity to pass up.

Miyoko
May 13, 2012, 07:44 AM
having dedicated people grouping for end-game.
Hmm. You kinda made me think about something...

Normally, when people have said they're rushing to endgame on phantasy star titles, it just made me think "Why? There's no specific endgame content."

With the advent of multi-party areas, do you think that might change with PSO2?

Mr Champloo
May 13, 2012, 11:56 AM
Since you put me to the side go ahead and take me out.
I'll find another group of people to play with for multiple hour's at a time.

=(

I will be no one's side player!

Blackheart521
May 13, 2012, 12:27 PM
Sooooo... Anyone else wondering how they are gonna fit 3 stages of hard mode into levels 20-30 of OBT? forest gonna be 20, caves 25, and desert 30 i'm guessing?

Spellbinder
May 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
Don't forget the snow area, or is that not in the next beta. :o I forget.

Blackheart521
May 13, 2012, 12:32 PM
Don't forget the snow area, or is that not in the next beta. :o I forget.

nay, it shall not be in the game till release, I wish it was in the open beta, snow areas are soooo much more tolerable than desert levels in my typical gaming experience.

FenixStryk
May 13, 2012, 12:32 PM
I've always found it curious that people on the internet are sometimes so eager to assign labels to themselves. Labels can only hurt you in a world where the only things of merit are what you say, not what you are. There's no need to give your enemies ammunition by throwing away anonymity.

In any case, it seems it has been put to rest? Congratulations on your eventual maturity, and good luck to Porkmaster's Challenge Mode group. After all, Hard Mode won't be hard for long.

Dhylec
May 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
That's about 2 pages of OT posts. Everyone should get back on topic.

Enforcer MKV
May 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
"I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down,down,down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire."

Anyway....

Sooooo... Anyone else wondering how they are gonna fit 3 stages of hard mode into levels 20-30 of OBT? forest gonna be 20, caves 25, and desert 30 i'm guessing?

That sounds like a reasonable guess on how OBT is gonna play out. It'd be awesome if Hard Mode just threw all level 35 monsters at us during this next testing phase. That'd be a pretty good challenge, I think. :D

EDIT:
That's about 2 pages of OT posts. Everyone should get back on topic.

Thank you.

Rath-Kun
May 13, 2012, 02:38 PM
I think we should start taking suggestions for a team name. And then start a poll and see what people like the most?

Peejay
May 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
That's all fair and all, but if we get harassed again? Call me butter, I was on a roll.

Anyways, more potential names for the group could include throwbacks to older games.

"Intergalactic Cybot Group"
"Golden-optics"
"WE APPARENTLY HATE WOMEN"(lol)
"Plumber Union"
"Aribtrators of bodily pain"
"Rose-Arachnid"(Is still my favourite)
"Globetrotters"(*whistles*)
"World-Warriors"
"Brimley Incorporated."

NoiseHERO
May 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
I think the PSO2 forum should be expanded a bit, at least by the time OBT is announced. You now for the whole party/guild making, or trading and help stuff. @_@

Maybe then, bored people won't wander into threads like these and erm...

Yeah...

Enforcer MKV
May 13, 2012, 02:45 PM
I think the PSO2 forum should be expanded a bit, at least by the time OBT is announced. You now for the whole party/guild making, or trading and help stuff. @_@

Maybe then, bored people won't wander into threads like these and erm...

Yeah...

Actually, that's a good idea.

Dragwind
May 13, 2012, 06:40 PM
While there's still plenty of time for potential forum changes, there is already the Groups section as well as the Player Matchup forum.

Nurusanura
May 13, 2012, 07:05 PM
How about:
"Boss"
"Venture(lolnotreally)"
"Heartbreaker"
"Fistpump"
"Kill All the Things"
"8-bit Maniacs"
"Retro"
"Teabag"

Rock Eastwood, would you do me a solid and come up with some better names? Lol i love regular show :D

Rauten
May 13, 2012, 07:17 PM
"Dancing Booma Queens"

sorry

Nurusanura
May 13, 2012, 07:20 PM
Haha or maybe "Misfits" :3

Resanoca
May 13, 2012, 07:32 PM
We can be the "Starlight Whores". ;D

Nurusanura
May 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
O_O that... sounds....

AMAZING!

NoiseHERO
May 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
Masters Of The Universe!
8 Robot Masters
Crash and the Boys
Clash at the Demonhead
Rivercity Ransom (Tecmo game's english names seem to make awesome band names)
Odd Future Rappy Gang
The Power
Airman, because you just can't beat Airman
Channel 5 News
My Photon Romance
HXC
Hand Crafted Skill
Fallout Scapedoll
Dance Water Dance
The Flame Shields
Dirty Sanchez
Space Banditos
Lavis Cannon Disco
Space Aged Wizkids
Awesome Star Online 2

THAT'S ALL YOU GET FROM ME! Some may be too long, I dunno.

Resanoca
May 13, 2012, 08:02 PM
Lavis Leeks.

BIG OLAF
May 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
"The Blue Bombers."

My character can be the mascot/sign girl. Don't worry, it's legit.

LEGIT.

Peejay
May 13, 2012, 09:40 PM
Airman sounds nice and simple.

Ahhh, I think too much about context, don't I? Perhaps I should ask outside sources from other games, what they might pick?

Nurusanura
May 13, 2012, 09:53 PM
My team name in closed Beta was Chillax. Lol but that doesnt seem to suit a hardcore guild. Of course, Double-Rainbow sounds pretty F'n extreme.

Porkmaster
May 26, 2012, 06:41 AM
Since we finally got some info on when the "Pre-Open Beta" is starting, I think I'll bump this to try and get some more votes for our team name.

We also need a 5th Main Member who mains a Force. If you're a hardcore gamer and you play a Force, we need you.

You can vote here! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194925)
(You can pick multiple names if you like more than one.)

Ark22
May 26, 2012, 11:27 AM
Man, and I thought I was weird. These names are just lol.

Porkmaster
May 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
Man, and I thought I was weird. These names are just lol.

Best names in the world, amiright? We needed a name that sticks out and is easy to remember. Trust me when I say our team name will be known. We plan on making quite a splash.

Porkmaster
Jun 1, 2012, 09:18 AM
Call me butter, I was on a roll.

Now I get it! 'Cause you put butter on bread rolls LOL

Good one.