PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 JP will be One or international ?

JCGamer
May 12, 2012, 07:15 AM
Ok we tried the beta and the alpha and we all Know that Sega is working on new thing for the game once its release in Japan and we all know that everyone gonna get there hand on the game once come out. BUT for how long gonna last really. I am not 100% sure about this and I don't have no Idea how this gonna play out. but question is in minds and many people may debate on this subject or Agree with this subject. And think what are your true motives are about PSO2.

WHAT IF Sega made a decision be international ? or go back there old ways

when does come to a point ? would you say YES in the matter if was true or false If all players from all over the world can share the same server and language on pso2 for example like in the game of Final Fantasy XI Online where they do coexist and interact one another. We know how the Japanese players feel about us coming to there games. but problem with us we don't care and we do what must be done just play good game of Phantasy star.

Now don't be jerk and just state your true feeling about this and comment or share your Ideas about pso2 and what you think about all this. will you stay in the Japanese side play there game or you gonna let Sega make the same mistake like they did with psu for the xbox/ps2/pc

this my opinion ok :

I think that Sega of Japan should not hire or will not aloud Sega of America run the PSO2 at all. I think that Sega of Japan should run the show and only hire GM from there Company. No offense to the American people but we are lazy people went come to a jobs like this one or any job we deal with . there a lot prof how many lazy the employees working for Sega company in North America. But this my opinion and how I truly feel about this.

catwat
May 12, 2012, 07:29 AM
That was just annoying to read but i get your point i think and my answer is simply no. I'm not really into a global worldwide version of PSO2 where everyone on the world shares one server. Im just fine with playing on the japanese one and if months later a english version should be released i would play that.

but problem with us we don't care and we do what must be done just play good game of Phantasy star.

Reading this i think you meant that we have to play on japanese servers just to have PSO2 aswell. Apply english patches etc but thats just how things are. Besides PSO2 is still in development and since it comes from japan its only natural to me that their focus is on their own region.

Btw:

would you say YES in the matter if was true or false If all players from all over the world can share the same server

In fact it was allready like this and hopefully there will be no region restrictions in future releases.

RocSage
May 12, 2012, 08:08 AM
I hope that SoJ releases globally with a server for English Speakers ship that is somewhere in the west rather than Japan, but I don't want SoA to get anywhere near the game. I'm tired of buying SEGA products and getting shafted because SoA is a garbage company.

My main concern though is not where the servers are or an english translation as those can be overcome. My main concern is the game shutting down "Again"

Peejay
May 12, 2012, 08:10 AM
I think that Sega of Japan should not hire or will not aloud Sega of America run the PSO2 at all. I think that Sega of Japan should run the show and only hire GM from there Company. No offense to the American people but we are lazy people went come to a jobs like this one or any job we deal with . there a lot prof how many lazy the employees working for Sega company in North America. But this my opinion and how I truly feel about this.

It's not being lazy, Sega of America is just that capitalist, it will try to go with what works and ONLY what works, it doesn't want to take risks.

That said, it's still losing money as a result. It's usually like four or five top dogs making the choices for what happens to the whole company.

Hrith
May 12, 2012, 10:26 AM
SEGA of America has no say in the matter. Updates to the US servers are handled by SEGA of Japan.

Cyrusnagisa
May 12, 2012, 10:32 AM
That was just annoying to read but i get your point i think and my answer is simply no. I'm not really into a global worldwide version of PSO2 where everyone on the world shares one server. Im just fine with playing on the japanese one and if months later a english version should be released i would play that.

Reading this i think you meant that we have to play on japanese servers just to have PSO2 aswell. Apply english patches etc but thats just how things are. Besides PSO2 is still in development and since it comes from japan its only natural to me that their focus is on their own region.

Btw:

In fact it was allready like this and hopefully there will be no region restrictions in future releases.

This is why the other PS games have shut down in the US..... it needs to be global -.- the only reason PSU for 360 is still up, is because the JP, US, and EU are all together.

US PSU PC/PS2 was shut down
PSO for GC/Xbox was shutdown in US long before JP was
and PSO BB was shutdown a good bit before the JPs was as well

Kraiseson
May 12, 2012, 10:58 AM
Regardless what it is released for, we will play.

Chik'Tikka
May 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
SEGA of America has no say in the matter. Updates to the US servers are handled by SEGA of Japan.

This ^ Edward on PSU said the said the same thing years ago. I feel bad for SoA in general, they're sort of stuck between us always moaning for more and silence from SoJ as well as all the legal issues that undoubtedly arise from games, hardware, software, and info crossing international lines, after all, Uncle Sam wants his cut+^_^+

lostinseganet
May 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
If they do not merge them then I will play the jpn server. The treatment of non-japan gamers by sega is beyond unfair. I will not risk it this time.

EvilMag
May 12, 2012, 09:22 PM

To quote a friend of mine.

it was still up to the SoA team to get the content localized or at least convince SoJ to release the content as it would benefit SEGA as a whole, there was no LOGICAL reason we shouldn't have gotten the same updates. But this isn't just about the content, it was downtimes, crashes and instabilities, dealing with hackers (which we all know pso is still plagued with) and overall horrible and abusive moderation/administration. Theres no excuse for the way SoA ran our servers for both pso and psu.

The lack of content is not the reason why I don't want SoA to touch another PS server, its the things my friend explained.

Zelda01
May 13, 2012, 04:49 AM
have to agree with catwat. I don't want to play the us server but again I love to have a global server for pso2 :)

PrinceBrightstar
May 13, 2012, 06:42 AM
If Sega separates the servers, we'll take a look at the situation and see how we want to handle it. (Are the servers a year+ behind JP?)

If Sega blocks international IPs, we VPN. The game can handle lag well because you can still keep moving and keep avoiding attacks while the lag catches up. This has always been a fundamental design choice that has allowed us to play even in low connectivity situations.

If Sega requires a real address with mail confirmation, we ask a friend or sympathizers.

There really isn't anything they can do from stopping international people from playing the game and it's in their best interest to have global servers because then they're not spending money producing two different versions of the game on the same platform as well as the cost of separate servers.

GreenArcher
May 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
US PSU PC/PS2 was shut down
PSO for GC/Xbox was shutdown in US long before JP was
and PSO BB was shutdown a good bit before the JPs was as well

1- correct
2- incorrect
3- PSOBB for US was shut down years before JP, not just a good bit.

Hrith
May 13, 2012, 08:57 AM
To quote a friend of mine.
[...]
The lack of content is not the reason why I don't want SoA to touch another PS server, its the things my friend explained.Well, your 'friend' is wrong. I know from the inside the SoA team were working a lot on the PSU US servers, but were always foiled by SoJ. I know they were constantly asking SoJ to keep the US servers up to date with the JP servers, but SoJ was like: lol gaijins (http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/101/781/Y0UJC.png).

The game crashing would have nothing to do with SEGA.
Server downtimes... well, coffee spilt, shit happens ;o

There is nothing with which one could reproach moderation by SEGA. Sounds like a bitter message by a banned user, who - like all banned users - was banned with good reason.

Hackers are a problem and will always be. The only thing a company can do is act fast, because preventing cheating altogether is impossible.

SoA is a branch company and has virtually no power as regards the handling of games, so blaming them is null and void.

I concur on some of the points you have mentioned, but the blame falls on SoJ alone.

Spellbinder
May 13, 2012, 10:06 AM
Well, your 'friend' is wrong. I know from the inside the SoA team were working a lot on the PSU US servers, but were always foiled by SoJ. I know they were constantly asking SoJ to keep the US servers up to date with the JP servers, but SoJ was like: lol gaijins.

Not that I don't want to believe you but, evidence? That's a fairly bold statement.

GreenArcher
May 13, 2012, 01:02 PM
My guess is RubyEclipse, he's a cool dude.

KunoMochi
May 14, 2012, 12:18 AM
This is probably not plausible, but it would probably be interesting if they let you make a max of, say, 3 characters (more will cost extra) but you can use them on any of the ships that you'd like/can get into, and maybe have 2 ships per region and have 5 or more international ones (or more, depending on capacity limits). There could be portals or space transports that will let you move from ship to ship.

Probably not a good model, but I kind of like the idea of each server being treated as if they really were individual ships that you can travel between.

But if I had to choose between having international servers or region-separated servers, I would choose the international servers. During my play time in FFXI, I had fun with Japanese parties and learning to use the Auto-Translate feature when everyone from my Shell group were asleep.

Powder Keg
May 14, 2012, 12:24 AM
I know SoA themselves aren't at fault for a lot of PSO's and PSU's problems, but I simply don't want them handling the game. They will get the shaft from JP as always, and simply won't have to staff and/or budget to handle things properly and in a timely fashion. Hopefully it's just one updated server with language option/servers.

JCGamer
May 14, 2012, 04:34 AM
I hope that SoJ releases globally with a server for English Speakers ship that is somewhere in the west rather than Japan, but I don't want SoA to get anywhere near the game. I'm tired of buying SEGA products and getting shafted because SoA is a garbage company.

My main concern though is not where the servers are or an english translation as those can be overcome. My main concern is the game shutting down "Again"I feel the same way brah :-)

I know SoA themselves aren't at fault for a lot of PSO's and PSU's problems, but I simply don't want them handling the game. They will get the shaft from JP as always, and simply won't have to staff and/or budget to handle things properly and in a timely fashion. Hopefully it's just one updated server with language option/servers.Indeed we don't want the SoA deal with it at all. its very nice game I hate to see then ruined by them personally ^^;

It's not being lazy, Sega of America is just that capitalist, it will try to go with what works and ONLY what works, it doesn't want to take risks.

That said, it's still losing money as a result. It's usually like four or five top dogs making the choices for what happens to the whole company.I understand Peejay on how SoA marketing work that why in my true feeling that reason we don't want them touching this game that we love so much. And yes we all understand how there motives work when come to that even they are money hungry beavers that they never satisfied there hunger ^^;

This ^ Edward on PSU said the said the same thing years ago. I feel bad for SoA in general, they're sort of stuck between us always moaning for more and silence from SoJ as well as all the legal issues that undoubtedly arise from games, hardware, software, and info crossing international lines, after all, Uncle Sam wants his cut+^_^+ LMAO XD

we all understand that we are not trying to hate on SoA but the fact is that we don't like how they runs thing and truly don't want them touching the game or nor messing with it. We all know that there nothing we can do about it and I totally I understand that because they have the power to do what ever they want when come to publish there game. but only problem we have is we need more responsible Sega team to run the show with more active GMs and make the Game more fun to play and enjoy the game like its should be.

GreenArcher
May 14, 2012, 09:32 AM
5 posts in a row? :/

Indeed we don't want the SoA deal with it at all. its very nice game I hate to see then ruined by them personally ^^;

If you read Hrith's post, it is not SoA's fault.

And yes we all understand how there motives work when come to that even they are money hungry beavers that they never satisfied there hunger

This is how all businesses work, they try to make money.

We all know that there nothing we can do about it and I totally I understand that because they have the power to do what ever they want when come to publish there game. but only problem we have is we need more responsible Sega team to run the show with more active GMs and make the Game more fun to play and enjoy the game like its should be.

PSO2 is fun to play. What?

watersea
May 14, 2012, 10:41 AM
my opninion is that sega should take their time before going international. it seems like the character creator and overall artstyle of the game are lacking and very incomplete. the horrible anime artstyle is probably due to their japanese nature. Luckily it appears that SEGA is trying to appeal the global market by adjusting it for global tastes, which will happen eventually.

Zyrusticae
May 14, 2012, 11:03 AM
Um.

I'll assume, for the OP's benefit, that he/she's not a native English speaker.

That being said, my opinion is unchanged - I don't care about an international release at this point. The latency is actually very good considering the physical distance between me and the server, we all congregate in one or two blocks on the same ship anyways, and the unofficial English patch makes it unnecessary to cross the language barrier (though it's still a good idea to do so, of course). Oh, and no IP blocking.

It would still be nice to have a western server, of course... but I'm not sure I'll even bother playing on it.

Selphea
May 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
It would probably be better if Sega licensed the international servers to a third party like NCSoft or Aeria, because they'd actually be bound by contract to deliver timely updates or get taken to court. Not that Sega would screw themselves in such a way.

I was half expecting them to allow fanmade translation packs too. Cheap (free) and effective way to cater to hardcore English-speaking fans.

Kion
May 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
I brought the idea of fan translations on the official beta forum. I pretty much got scoffed at by the JP posters. JP companies like to have control of their own content. I really doubt that they're going to reach out into the community.

Honestly I only see two options; either 1) they make the JP servers open to everyone and allow people to select the language of the client. or 2) They continue their previous ways of providing a half ass service to everyone who isn't japanese and everyone ends on up on the Japanese server anyways.

Peejay
May 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
It would probably be better if Sega licensed the international servers to a third party like NCSoft or Aeria, because they'd actually be bound by contract to deliver timely updates or get taken to court. Not that Sega would screw themselves in such a way.

I was half expecting them to allow fanmade translation packs too. Cheap (free) and effective way to cater to hardcore English-speaking fans.

That, and prepaid options would be more widely available with any of htose. I don't foresee it, though.

Zeota
May 14, 2012, 03:29 PM
Honestly I only see two options; either 1) they make the JP servers open to everyone and allow people to select the language of the client. or 2) They continue their previous ways of providing a half ass service to everyone who isn't japanese and everyone ends on up on the Japanese server anyways.

That's pretty much how I see it too. No reason NOT to "import" this time around given how most of the obstacles in the past aren't really there. Of course, they could decide to pull a Capcom and IP block.

Actually this might not be such a bad thing as long it doesn't devolve into a blatantly "pay-to-win" atmosphere. However I don't see them wanting to cede that much intellectual control though. I just see it as "great games, shitty company" which is how it's been with them all these years.

Mike
May 15, 2012, 01:37 AM
I brought the idea of fan translations on the official beta forum. I pretty much got scoffed at by the JP posters. JP companies like to have control of their own content. I really doubt that they're going to reach out into the community.
So that was you, eh? I remember that thread. You're right though. There's no way Sega would release any of their IP to the community to translate or do anything else with.

Konflyk
May 15, 2012, 04:49 AM
Will post pics and copy to main release thread when I get home(and get some sleep)
Spoke to a SoA employee who remains as "Anon" for now.
Good news
Says SoA is working on PSO2 translations
Bad news
I asked about a beta of some sort, he responded in a way that made it seem as if SoA/E will run their own servers seperate of Japan, he also didn't seem too sure about anything PSO2 related other than that, he also confirmed a bunch of sonic stuff so at E3 we ought to get a bunch of good news(and see if it was all true or not)

Zeota
May 15, 2012, 07:05 AM
I asked about a beta of some sort, he responded in a way that made it seem as if SoA/E will run their own servers seperate of Japan, he also didn't seem too sure about anything PSO2 related other than that, he also confirmed a bunch of sonic stuff so at E3 we ought to get a bunch of good news(and see if it was all true or not)

If there's any validity to this, all I can say is "have fun getting crapped on again, peasants!"

Cyrusnagisa
May 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
separate servers again? I really hope that is not true, you would think that by now, Sega would have learned.....

RocSage
May 15, 2012, 08:54 AM
because 4chan is a reliable source of information and that username just makes me want to believe anything they say

Vashyron
May 15, 2012, 08:54 AM
Reliable source. :wacko:

shiink
May 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
Pics as promised.

Am I the only one really concerned about the source here?

Spellbinder
May 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
Am I the only one really concerned about the source here?

You're not the only one.

Konflyk
May 15, 2012, 09:05 AM
Say what you want, but like I said we will find out at E3. Also don't be surprised lots of different people get on that site.

Also you don't get an ID on /v/ so using a name of some sort is the only way to verify that you are OP.

Rauten
May 15, 2012, 09:13 AM
I too doubt the legitimacy of the "source", but if that is indeed the case, if we're getting separate servers with such a humongous delay as summer 2012->early 2013, then the international servers can go f**k off; If it comes to it, I'll play on the JP servers.

Kion
May 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
Agreed. I'm going for JP servers all of the way.

Peejay
May 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
Also you don't get an ID on /v/ so using a name of some sort is the only way to verify that you are OP.

Don't tripcodes still work, like putting Name!Iamatripcode still give you Name#fsglg456yn ?

Macman
May 15, 2012, 10:41 PM
If it turns out true, all I can say is history loves to repeat itself.

I'll look forward to the US servers being stuck on less content than JP beta had for the first 5 months.

EvilMag
May 15, 2012, 10:57 PM
Seems legit.

NoiseHERO
May 15, 2012, 11:04 PM
Meh, even if there IS separate servers and we DO have to wait like another half a year just for a beta...

The game is free to play. e_e

I'll just play both like I originally planned.

Powder Keg
May 15, 2012, 11:27 PM
Meh, even if there IS separate servers and we DO have to wait like another half a year just for a beta...

The game is free to play. e_e

I'll just play both like I originally planned.

That's one thing I like about it.

Whoops, the service stinks but I have the urge to play every now and then? Play casually and pay nothing.

Macman
May 16, 2012, 01:20 AM
Whoops, the service stinks but I have the urge to play every now and then? Play casually and pay nothing.
That sounds good on the surface, but I get the feeling it'll give Sega the excuse to shut down US/EU servers that much sooner.

RocSage
May 16, 2012, 01:33 AM
The thing that is wrong with international servers is simple...

Why would anyone play on the international servers if they're separate? It's been shown multiple times in the past that those servers get shafted content wise and shut down. Likewise, why would anyone pay for anything on those servers when they know that the servers will be shut down relatively soon in MMO terms? This will speed up the closure of the International servers as well so its even less likely for anyone to play on them, or buy anything on them.

The only deterrent to playing on the JP servers is the language barrier, which we can get past, and lag which has never been that much of a problem for PS games.

Konflyk
May 16, 2012, 01:37 AM
I wish I still had the thread before it 404'd or archived it, but the guy knew his stuff about Sonic(check the spoiler), he didn't seem to know too much when it came to PSO2 aside the fact they're translating so it could go either way. Also the way he was talking seems like SoA is just banking everything on Sonic to make a buck. SA2 XBL/PSN, online chao garden, Generations 2, Generations DLC Ice cap zone, Casino level Sonic Heroes, 2 others, new 3DS title/debate on how to continue making Sonic titles for Console vs handheld

Spellbinder
May 16, 2012, 01:42 AM
The thing that is wrong with international servers is simple...

Why would anyone play on the international servers if they're separate? It's been shown multiple times in the past that those servers get shafted content wise and shut down. Likewise, why would anyone pay for anything on those servers when they know that the servers will be shut down relatively soon in MMO terms? This will speed up the closure of the International servers as well so its even less likely for anyone to play on them, or buy anything on them.

The only deterrent to playing on the JP servers is the language barrier, which we can get past, and lag which has never been that much of a problem for PS games.

When I hear international servers, I picture the original dream cast version where when you logged on you chose region -> ship -> block.

Or are we talking about having a Japanese server and a separate international server?

RocSage
May 16, 2012, 01:50 AM
When I hear international servers, I picture the original dream cast version where when you logged on you chose region -> ship -> block.

Or are we talking about having a Japanese server and a separate international server?

They're talking servers that are separated when they are talking international...
SoA servers
SoE servers
SoJ servers
... where the different areas can't interact.

Which adds another problem, which is smaller populations in general because they are dividing a small community even more.

Spellbinder
May 16, 2012, 02:19 AM
They're talking servers that are separated when they are talking international...
SoA servers
SoE servers
SoJ servers
... where the different areas can't interact.

Which adds another problem, which is smaller populations in general because they are dividing a small community even more.

Bleh, I prefer international the way it was done on Dreamcast and Gamecube.

RocSage
May 16, 2012, 02:24 AM
Bleh, I prefer international the way it was done on Dreamcast and Gamecube.

Me too. I would prefer to get all the content as JP servers as well, but when have we seen that happen?

Spellbinder
May 16, 2012, 03:19 AM
Me too. I would prefer to get all the content as JP servers as well, but when have we seen that happen?

Sad but true.

Although I'll be playing on the JP servers I still have my fingers crossed that things turn out well on a global scale. I'm still kicking myself for not asking Sakai about a global release when I was getting his autograph. Maybe next time.

Mike
May 16, 2012, 05:30 AM
Sad but true.

Although I'll be playing on the JP servers I still have my fingers crossed that things turn out well on a global scale. I'm still kicking myself for not asking Sakai about a global release when I was getting his autograph. Maybe next time.
He would have given you the same answer that Bonkohara did on Facebook in reply to the same question.

Spellbinder
May 16, 2012, 05:42 AM
He would have given you the same answer that Bonkohara did on Facebook in reply to the same question.

Never hurts to ask though. ^^;

Mr Champloo
May 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
I don't mind playing on JP Servers.
Just please have a language option that is all i ask.

I dont want to mess with patch's.

Miyoko
May 16, 2012, 05:35 PM
If they had all players on the same servers, and just gave designated ships for reigons (I mean, ship 2 block 20 was already designated an english segment, what's to stop them from being like 'ship 1 - japanese, ship 2 - english, ship 3 japanese', etc.), it seems like it would be way easier. Considering how easy it was for people to patch the JP files to english, I could see many groups, SoA included, both happily and easily giving us english patches or whatever. I mean, hell, I highly, highly doubt ANYONE would care if they had to deal with japanese for a day or two after patches for english translations to come out, especially if there was a team doing it as opposed to one person.

But I'm sure Sega will pick the dumbest possible solution. :l

Reia
May 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
But Miyoko, what about of all those Japanese playing in Ship-2? Won't it feel weird that without being aware of this situation they later get labelled on an english server? I think that if they plan to split up like a cake their main server, since you can't call it JP server yet since it's only one. They may give chances for transferring to the members, like any MMO does when they do major movement about servers.

Miyoko
May 16, 2012, 05:42 PM
That's why it would be important to designate the ships at the LAUNCH of the game, as opposed to LATER. :P If the very launch of the game had ship designations, even if it was just something like "primary spoken language" or something, it would still help. Not only that, but if they did something like that right early at launch, it would show the NA audience that they care (presumably), which would be great PR.

Of course, server transfers help, too.

Konflyk
May 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
Miyoko, I was thinking the same thing once CBT ended if they did it like that, instead of naming them Ship 1, 2, 3, etc. Have proper names of course in Kata for the japanese to be able to read such as Ship 1 - "Japan" Ship - 2 "NA/SA" Ship - 3 "EU" Ship 4 - "International" etc. Of Course all SoA/E would do is provide an ENG, FRN, SPN, etc. client that still connects to the same servers.

Alex305!
May 18, 2012, 02:02 PM
With sega current record of handling games in the west. The servers MUST be global. I would not even consider English servers an option even if it was the only way to play this game.

My ideal server set up is like how FFXI did it but with language options which the beta client hinted at.

RocSage
May 18, 2012, 02:11 PM
SEGA is stupid. Think of the dumbest thing that a game company could do and then realize not only could they do it like that because they're Sega, but that because they Sega they most likely will do something dumber.

LokinModar
May 18, 2012, 08:10 PM
i will end up playing in jap servers unless they put on some IP range block...

str898mustang
May 18, 2012, 08:25 PM
yeah.....so gonna be on the JP server.

AC9breaker
May 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
SEGA is stupid. Think of the dumbest thing that a game company could do and then realize not only could they do it like that because they're Sega, but that because they Sega they most likely will do something dumber.

lmfao Yes, I love this comment.

Spellbinder
May 19, 2012, 11:21 AM

I hate to say it but... *cough FFXIV cough*

I don't think SEGA could or would dare to top that fiasco.

RocSage
May 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
lmfao Yes, I love this comment.

I hate to say it but... *cough FFXIV cough*

I don't think SEGA could or would dare to top that fiasco.

you guys could have corrected the missing word when you quoted!

and FFXIV... PSO2 already surpassed the mistake that FFXIV made. It would take someone going in and literally deleting lines of code for them to release like FFXIV did.

Finalzone
May 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
you guys could have corrected the missing word when you quoted!

and FFXIV... PSO2 already surpassed the mistake that FFXIV made. It would take someone going in and literally deleting lines of code for them to release like FFXIV did.

Tell that when PSO2 will be officially launched.

RocSage
May 19, 2012, 03:55 PM
Tell that when PSO2 will be officially launched.

I'm not saying it can't happen. Just to happen they'd have to delete a bit of code and then delete all the back ups that already exist. The reason FFXIV was/is messed up is because they launched with their basic engine incomplete. PSO's basic engine has been complete for a while now

Zeota
May 19, 2012, 10:09 PM
Oh God FFXIV! I seriously doubt that 2.0 will be its savior.

If Sega drops the ball with this, I might just stop supporting Japan-based game companies altogether. Of course this will have little to no impact on things.

Nurusanura
May 19, 2012, 11:34 PM
Oh God FFXIV! I seriously doubt that 2.0 will be its savior.

If Sega drops the ball with this, I might just stop supporting Japan-based game companies altogether. Of course this will have little to no impact on things.

You never know how 2.0 will turn out for FFXIV, since the game will be rebuilt under a new engine that is built specifically for MMORPGs instead of Crystal Tools which was mainly used for FFXIII and its videos transitioning into gameplay. 2.0 is basically being given a child of the new Luminous engine, basically luminous, but restructured mainly to focus on MMORPG aspects.

You never know though, something could go wrong, which is why I prefer games to prolong their release until they know for sure it is highly anticipated and playable. Sure FFXIV had a bad launch, and to be honest, PSO2 doesn't seem like it would have that problem. FFXIV was horrible, but I've been following it and have paid for a month since the billing, it is a pretty awesome game now.

PSO2 has a lot of potential due to it having battle mechanics similar to Tera, perhaps even better than Tera. A Class Change system, so you have that option to try out your other classes if you wanted to level with a friend. It has a bit of everything. During the Beta, I was thinking that PSO2 could really use different types of content, not just your average dungeon runner, but perhaps add some sort of open-world mode, etc.

Now that I have seen a sort of Time Attack, or Challenge Mode.. I think my concerns may have been covered. The only thing I would worry about now is how they will handle the arks cash. I'm not a big fan of the gacha, I'd rather just buy whatever outfit I'd like, and not have to keep spending money and "hope" that I get it.

DerpiestShazbot
May 20, 2012, 12:16 AM
Wow OP. You might want to do a proof read before you post things like that. That was just a pain to read.

On a related note, I am in favor of global servers for PSO2 like FFXI.
Just have ships designated for each supported language so things don't become a mess. Obviously I would still spend most of my time playing around English-speaking players but I would still like to have the option to go to other ships meant for other nations.

Totori
May 20, 2012, 02:55 AM
I'm okay with global servers, but I have a high feeling that's not going to happen. I don't mind playing with Japanese players it's just the same as english, but for the people who can't understand Japanese, then global servers, might be a problem.

SEGA of America with content speed, isn't too bad. They did start to get out of hand later down the line of PSU. That's localization for you though, if there are seperate servers than you'll find me on the Japanese one, untill the english version gets released.