PDA

View Full Version : will people be good fwends in PSO2?

Saner
May 12, 2012, 11:15 PM
oh yes I wonder how the social aspects in PSO2 will enhance and improve? :) I think it depends on the structure and stuff, overall there are people that join and drop but maybe people might become more friendly and stuff? Oh yea I remember on PSU the gorgeous lobbies and apartments made communities more social and stuff, and PSO2 looks to enhance things even further! Do you think the gameplay and stuff might influence how much you socialize and make fwends? :burger:

goldwing
May 12, 2012, 11:19 PM
It all depends on the person. Like for example some ppl like to solo others like to goof off sum feel alot of us are jerks and dont want to deal with finding the few that arent. Some play for the sole fact of makeing friends others not so much. Me im going to solo alot but i to love makeing friends on the way.

FOkyasuta
May 12, 2012, 11:20 PM
Honestly i think the Community might make the game great.

But were there is light, there is bound to be shadows.

dias_flac_0g
May 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
It depends on the community as a whole.

I tend to "solo" most of the time. This was mostly for PSU. In PSO 90% of the time I was playing with someone or a group of friends or randoms :)

But of course, PSO2 just like pso and psu will have online drama. You have your losers with no real life friends or gf's so they always tend to get attached to anyone (especially if the person they meet is a girl) this can lead into drama of course and it will.

You also have these stupid things called "clans" those can cause a lot of drama aswell.

You also have elitis who think they are better than anyone because their gear is better than yours etc etc. Most of these guys can fall into the "losers" category though since that's most likely the case lol.

Then there's the good o'le online daters that only date online and have no courage to talk to a girl irl. Sometimes these actually work out though!!! Unless the girl turns out being a d00d (which is most lkely the case) then that obviously causes drama too xD

Will PSO2 make this place a happier place? Nah it's going to stay the same IMO.

That's just how it is :)

BIG OLAF
May 12, 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm pretty terrible at making friends unless they approach me first, so I wouldn't really know. It had a good social atmosphere in the Closed Beta from what I saw. It was really easy to just talk to people, both inside and outside your party. Also, as silly as this may sound, I think the new and improved My Rooms seem to bring people closer when they have fun mucking around with all the interactive decorations.

So, in short, I think PSO2 will be a good way for forum-goers to become closer and form stronger friendship bonds than simply posting messages like we already do. I can say that from personal experience, seeing as I'm not pretty good friends with some people on this site that I barely even knew before.

beatrixkiddo
May 13, 2012, 12:04 AM
I think the power of hamburgers in PSO2 will make everyone good friends.

Also, if there is no global release, the effort/difficulty of going through the process of signing up for JP might weed out some of the more civility-challenged people in the PS fandom, so I guess we'll see!

Porkmaster
May 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
The community for Phantasy Star games in general has always been an awesome and fairly tight-knit community. Although the change to free to play will definitely attract some... undesirables.

That's not what worries me, though. The only thing that really worries me is that SEGA puts too much emphasis on things like the way your character looks and shit like your room, which you shouldn't have to pay for to begin with. I'm basically worried that PSO 2 will turn into Second Life and there will be a bunch of fake lesbians talking cutesy to each other in the lobby. If not from the get-go, then definitely later on. I don't want that. That's not what this game is about. It's about going out and shooting Rockbears in the balls. Do Rockbears even have balls?

Chik'Tikka
May 13, 2012, 12:06 AM
I made lots of friends on the CBT, all sorts of helpful people that were fun to talk to an get to know (also all the shenanigans)!!+^_^+ afterwards I renewed my PSU membership after a year and I'm completely surprised how cold that community is now, I've been kicked out of every third mission i join. I remember PSU being fun+^_^+
EDIT:

The community for Phantasy Star games in general has always been an awesome and fairly tight-knit community. Although the change to free to play will definitely attract some... undesirables.

That's not what worries me, though. The only thing that really worries me is that SEGA puts too much emphasis on things like the way your character looks and shit like your room, which you shouldn't have to pay for to begin with. I'm basically worried that PSO 2 will turn into Second Life and there will be a bunch of fake lesbians talking cutesy to each other in the lobby. If not from the get-go, then definitely later on. I don't want that. That's not what this game is about. It's about going out and shooting Rockbears in the balls. Do Rockbears even have balls?

been there, i e-dated someone on PSU pretending to be a girl (i was attempting to scam Meseta), turned out the other person was a girl pretending to be a guy!! we ended up dating irl for more then a year since she lived only 2 hours away+^_^+ it didn't work out in the end, she started getting really stoned and started dealing and stuff, one argument led to another and i had eneough+^_^+

goldwing
May 13, 2012, 12:07 AM
Good q gotta look into that rockbear biz

Zorafim
May 13, 2012, 01:26 AM
*joins WoW party*
New guy: Hi
Me: &^%$ the up shut and start the mission!

*Joins PSO party*
New guy: Hi
Me: You are now my newest and best friend, and I will be with you forever.

Rough dramatization, but it gets my point across. PSO is so much more social than any other game I've played. Most, I don't ever talk to anyone. This one, I need to make sure everyone I see is burned into my memory; both their personalities and their faces.

I think it has to do with the character customization, really. And I realize how shallow it is for me to say that. But really, that's what gets me interested in people. I love seeing how their imagination is given form, and I want to know the personality that created that form.

been there, i e-dated someone on PSU pretending to be a girl (i was attempting to scam Meseta), turned out the other person was a girl pretending to be a guy!! we ended up dating irl for more then a year since she lived only 2 hours away+^_^+ it didn't work out in the end, she started getting really stoned and started dealing and stuff, one argument led to another and i had eneough+^_^+

This, is the greatest story I've ever heard. I'm surprised you're a G.I.R.L, though. I guess I'm not as good at smelling them out as I thought. Or maybe I've just stopped caring, either or.

Rath-Kun
May 13, 2012, 01:27 AM
The community for Phantasy Star games in general has always been an awesome and fairly tight-knit community. Although the change to free to play will definitely attract some... undesirables.[/SIZE]

This^

The PSP2 community is so fucked, assuming because of people not.. paying for their copy of the game. Totally agreed though. Have met some amazing people through PSO and PSU.

Too funny Zorafim, lmao.

Chik'Tikka
May 13, 2012, 02:03 AM
This, is the greatest story I've ever heard. I'm surprised you're a G.I.R.L, though. I guess I'm not as good at smelling them out as I thought. Or maybe I've just stopped caring, either or.

posted in a thread awhile ago saying that would be the only time i say who i am (but it got FKLed after 15 pages), if anyone asks if ima girl, i just tell them "this isn't E-harmony."+^_^+

Porkmaster
May 13, 2012, 03:51 AM
+^_^+

OH HEY, that reminds me! I bet myself a quarter (cause I'm fuckin' awesome like that) that you couldn't post without that face in the post somewhere. Care to help me prove myself wrong?

moorebounce
May 13, 2012, 04:00 AM
I'm hoping some of the people I've played with on the Private Blue Burst servers start playing PSO2. If not I'll make new friends playing PSO2. I know one of the things that PSO2 has changed and that is I won't have to solo as much. I used to solo to get my gear that way I wouldn't have to fight for drops. Since we're not fighting for drops anymore you can team up more w/o the fuss.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 13, 2012, 04:22 AM
posted in a thread awhile ago saying that would be the only time i say who i am (but it got FKLed after 15 pages), if anyone asks if ima girl, i just tell them "this isn't E-harmony."+^_^+

you already said you're a guy so there's no need to continue to act ambiguous about being a male, besides it's already pretty obvious that you're a dude. plus this thread is not 15 pages. it's only two.

its fine to just be a dude that purposefully acts like a chick in online games with your pokmen's animu face, so males just keep asking you if you're a girl, which makes you giggle, and then you give an ambiguous answer like "this isn't e-harmony". which is fine as well. i'm sure anybody can be victim to this behavior if they get deathly bored enough. i did this plenty when i was young and i chortled in delight at my psychological prowess over my victims on the internet. "little do these fools know i am actually a guy ho ho ho. all i need to do is make some emoticons and hearts and they make it raaaainn. best part is i don't even have to be a hoe."

http://i46.tinypic.com/11ugg2q.png

but yeah, pso2 community is coolbeans. i like it here. i don't think zorafim's scenario is too far off.

Konflyk
May 13, 2012, 05:05 AM
all i need to do is make some emoticons and hearts and they make it raaaainn. best part is i don't even have to be a hoe."

^This made me lmfao

On topic though, I think it'll be fine I played BB back in the day and most everyone was chill, though I was pretty immature myself. PSU had a good community on PC, met some chill ppl there I'd assume if the same type of people continue to play(excluding the new F2P bandwagon players, unless they know how to behave) I have high hopes for our English speaking community.

Gama
May 13, 2012, 06:27 AM
honestly i made more friends on psobb, psu was fun and all but it wasnt the same, usualy most friends i had there were from pso xD i made some friends on psu obviously but psobb had a huge inpact, psu was just i dunno. i had more social bad experiences than good. and one of my really good friends stopped playing it and it was sad :(.

ClothoBuer
May 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
The one constant throughout all my Phantasy Star time has been the people. I've met some great people in PSO, some of whom I still talk to, and my experiences with the PSO2 community have been so much more enjoyable than any other MMO I've been in. It's been one of the only franchises I've actually sat in lobbies chatting with people instead of playing the game, simply because the people are so worthwhile.

Miyoko
May 13, 2012, 07:49 AM
PSOGCs community was loooousy. It was that whole LEGIT VS DUPERS shenanigans. :(

PSUs was MUCH better, even though the PC/PS2 vs Xbox stuff got kind of annoying.

Let's hope Sega gives us some kind of release that LETS us have a community a little bigger than just a niche one.

CapitalG
May 13, 2012, 08:08 AM
I always tend to solo and use locked games and such. Old habit from the DC days. All during the CBT, I made locked parties everytime I went to do anything. It kinda made me long for the old PSO days when I had someone to party with nearly all the time. Then the last day, the emergency mission in the city popped up, and I quickly made a game since I had to leave for work in a half hour. Halfway through the first map, my party filled up, and I was apprehensive at first, but everyone turned out to be really cool. I felt, afterwards, that I kinda messed up my own CBT experience. That old habit turned me off of trying to make new friends. I don't have to worry about people looting my stuff when I die, or argue over who should get that red box, so why not enjoy that experience with other people? I did throw some "Good Jobs" out in multiparty areas, but that was most of my interaction with others.

My biggest fear though is that since I like to use the auto speak stuff, that people will get annoyed with me. I like my character to have...well, character. I just don't want to turn people off of partying with me because my character says "Thanks!" after every heal.

Cypher_9
May 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
I've experienced the good and the bad with online communities in general (especially WoW, god I hate reminiscing about that....) but, with the PSO community has been easy going with me despite any ill that happened.

I don't mind solo'ing things like an NES baws but, I would like to make peeps along the way, to be goofy with them and to become strwong and protwect them from the DARK(ers)... most of all just have a genuine time...

Wanna be my fweened~?

Rauten
May 13, 2012, 08:20 AM
I just don't want to turn people off of partying with me because my character says "Thanks!" after every heal.

PSA: As someone that will play a Force, and thus, will throw heals, if I end up partying with and healing you, and every single time you say "thanks", I 'll find you and punch you in the face.

Porkmaster
May 13, 2012, 08:37 AM
PSA: As someone that will play a Force, and thus, will throw heals, if I end up partying with and healing you, and every single time you say "thanks", I 'll find you and punch you in the face.

*changes chat settings*

CapitalG
May 13, 2012, 08:38 AM

I guess next time around, I'll leave that one blank. ^^;

Saner
May 13, 2012, 10:15 AM
oh ya I remember PSO Dreamcast, we beat Dark Falz I think first time, and the party were talking and stuff, and someone said the song reminded her of mother, and we just had good time. :)

Gama
May 13, 2012, 10:44 AM
about the heals, usualy the first heal, and first buffs ppl should say thanks , or in you saved my life situations you should say thanks.

Retehi
May 13, 2012, 11:23 AM
"fwend". I knew he was back the moment I saw this thread title. ><

Resanoca
May 13, 2012, 11:41 AM
I HAVE NO FRIENDS. Well, unless you count me, myself, and I. ;D ...And Rock.

DemonMike
May 13, 2012, 12:07 PM
Like people have said, the core Phantasy Star community is pretty good. Problem is, I always seem to log in at the wrong time because even during Closed Beta there was always some stupid ass bickering going on in Ship 2.

It was funny as hell to watch though. Mainly because arguing over the internet is pretty retarded and secondly one of the users who was so adamant they were right kept insisting the opposition were "insulting his intellegense". It was even funnier when literally every response that followed found another way of misspelling 'intelligence'.

But ignoring that, there were some cool people. I rarely visit this forum yet I was introduced to quite a few cool players who post here. Also managed to gain a few Japanese-only players as friends. Practising a language has its benefits!

May0
May 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
I thought I read that everyone will have their own drops that no one else can see so to speak. So you don't have to RUN FOR THAT RED BOX . This is the only reason I played alone most of the time in PSOBB. I was greedy and wanted all the reds for myself.

Supposedly there was an unwritten rule wherein you let the party leader pick and choose but I don't know if everyone followed that. That and I collected everything so I'd take up force items on my ranger so I could give them to my force characters later.

Given that I figured I'd piss of less people if I just played alone, save TTF runs for turbo fast exp.

Scotty T
May 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'll be happy to play with anyone who at least acknowledges my intents, not some herp derp ignoramus.

Shirai
May 13, 2012, 12:38 PM
I'll probably be more social than I was in PSU. If I can relate to anyone, i'd...probably be a decent friend.

Resanoca
May 13, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'll probably be more social than I was in PSU. If I can relate to anyone, i'd...probably be a decent friend.

You'd be the bestest friend.

dias_flac_0g
May 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
you already said you're a guy so there's no need to continue to act ambiguous about being a male, besides it's already pretty obvious that you're a dude. plus this thread is not 15 pages. it's only two.

its fine to just be a dude that purposefully acts like a chick in online games with your pokmen's animu face, so males just keep asking you if you're a girl, which makes you giggle, and then you give an ambiguous answer like "this isn't e-harmony". which is fine as well. i'm sure anybody can be victim to this behavior if they get deathly bored enough. i did this plenty when i was young and i chortled in delight at my psychological prowess over my victims on the internet. "little do these fools know i am actually a guy ho ho ho. all i need to do is make some emoticons and hearts and they make it raaaainn. best part is i don't even have to be a hoe."

http://i46.tinypic.com/11ugg2q.png

but yeah, pso2 community is coolbeans. i like it here. i don't think zorafim's scenario is too far off.

Perfect example of what I was talking about in my first post.

That said i've never understood why these people love acting like females in a game. Also, i'm sure that little story about "dating" that one dude/girl irl was a total lie =/

soulpimpwizzurd
May 13, 2012, 02:37 PM

That said i've never understood why these people love acting like females in a game. Also, i'm sure that little story about "dating" that one dude/girl irl was a total lie =/

3 WURDS

BEN JAH MINS

issall bout da benjamins dawg. in this case, the mesetas.

lol they should put the principal's face on meseta that's 100+.

it is no longer about the benjamins, issall 'bout da principals.

Rauten
May 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
lol they should put the principal's face on meseta that's 100+.

I think that would effectively prevent me from picking meseta over 100 ever again. Blegh.

Shakuri
May 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
People should embrace their friendlessness. So much more chill.

Zorafim
May 13, 2012, 04:19 PM
My biggest fear though is that since I like to use the auto speak stuff, that people will get annoyed with me. I like my character to have...well, character. I just don't want to turn people off of partying with me because my character says "Thanks!" after every heal.

I love the auto text, but I only use it in scenarios when I'd say something anyway. Joining a party, finishing a mission, congratulating someone, stuff like that. It also gives me an excuse to do some low level RP to establish my character's... character. As it stands, I want to put Levia's backstory in that link in my sig to show her off even more.
Other rare scenarios are also fun, such as surviving an attack that puts me at 10% hp. Something that's surprised me though, is that most people don't realize that autotext is in the game. I'm sure I make people awkward every time I join a party and ask "Sorry, am I interrupting?".

But I think this furthers my original point. All this customization adds character to each player. Each autotext adds personality to not only the character, but also the player, and makes that person stand out more. And that makes for more interesting parties, and more chances to make friends.

Shirai
May 13, 2012, 05:25 PM
You'd be the bestest friend.

I could only wish.

Nurusanura
May 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
Well, just like any other mmorpg, it depends on the type of community. Some people will start a quest and call the party "Friendly Party Come Join!" while others will be like "Soloing, If You Join Ill Kill You" but ive noticed many people leave the parties unlocked, especially Caves Exploration, that is always fun and how i made most of my friends in the game.

Cypher_9
May 13, 2012, 09:17 PM
[spoiler-box] *extends hand out ready and willing to be partners* [/spoiler-box]

Angelo
May 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
I enjoy mentoring, leveling, and guiding newcomers, so I guess it can't be helped to make some friends along the way, mm?

Nurusanura
May 13, 2012, 10:32 PM

Some people have thought i was a guy just by what i say and how i play the game. Lol but there is no pretending here, i dont play games to look for a date, though sometimes its inevitable to fall in love :)

Peejay
May 13, 2012, 10:54 PM
Lol but there is no pretending here,

Could you please clarify this part?

Zyrusticae
May 13, 2012, 11:06 PM
That said i've never understood why these fruits love acting like females in a game.
What if they're honestly transexual?

NoiseHERO
May 13, 2012, 11:10 PM

A transgender* can still tell the truth about the body they're trapped in!

A normal creepy drag-queen tranny guy that was transformed in prison and is just trying to whore for money on the other hand is still gross.

wait-no.

Wh-the HELL is going on in this thread? o_o

dias_flac_0g
May 13, 2012, 11:16 PM

Lol you got me there =P

For all we know ChikTikka is really a shemale in real life.

Ark22
May 13, 2012, 11:17 PM
The community is cool, but some can be elistist dicks the moment challenge mode or time attack comes out.

Cypher_9
May 13, 2012, 11:24 PM
*coughs* I thought we were talking about fweends here... not trying to determine someones... gender.. as interesting as that is... can be found here... http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194799

:D

Enforcer MKV
May 13, 2012, 11:28 PM
A transgender* can still tell the truth about the body they're trapped in!

A normal creepy drag-queen tranny guy that was transformed in prison and is just trying to whore for money on the other hand is still gross.

wait-no.

Wh-the HELL is going on in this thread? o_o

Uh....wut? O.o

And here I was planing on jokingly glomping the last poster, and going "frieeeeeeeends!" (preferably a girl, but eh.)

....I mean, *cough* that's odd...

KunoMochi
May 14, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hi, I'm new here, but I gotta say that I can't be more excited about...transexuals? Wait, what's going on here? This whole thread is starting to creep me out...

...And what was this thread supposed to be about again? o_o;;

RocSage
May 14, 2012, 12:06 AM
No, because, as this thread has so adequately shown, some people are jerks and I tend to stay away from those.

Angelo
May 14, 2012, 12:06 AM
'the fuck, guys.

'the fuck.

Powder Keg
May 14, 2012, 12:10 AM
I hope they make :burger: cannons! :D

beatrixkiddo
May 14, 2012, 12:11 AM
Transphobia everywhurrrrrr

KunoMochi
May 14, 2012, 12:23 AM
To be honest, I don't really care about gender. lol Main point is, when I join parties, I would like to have fun. 'Tis all that really matters. ^^

Nurusanura
May 14, 2012, 12:38 AM
Could you please clarify this part?

As in, im not pretending nor am i going to pretend to be someone else or be restricted to acting like a certain gender. Im here to be a mutha F'n boss on this mutha F'n game!

Ark22
May 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
It went from friends to finding out if chitits is a girl?

Haha Welcome to PSO-World.

KunoMochi
May 14, 2012, 01:04 AM
It went from friends to finding out if chitits is a girl?

Haha Welcome to PSO-World.
lol Thanks for the welcome! :-P