PDA

View Full Version : Corruption Questions

Yoda86
Mar 22, 2003, 11:21 AM
Ok, I know about FSOD and BSOD, but how often do they actually happen to everyone. I have some pretty high level characters and I'm just a little iffy about going online. When exactly does the FSOD and BSOD happen and what are some effective ways to minimize these problems?

Even though I've heard stories about these happening to people and the pain and loss they suffer, I'm not sure if its worth going online for. Can someone persuade me differently?

Thanks for your help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zeebo
Mar 22, 2003, 11:32 AM
Sure if you look at the bad part.. LOok at the good. Hundreds of people online joining your game and aiding you along.... Together fighting evil... The never ever seen quests that are online... And alot more..... (its morning and i cant think)

Blenjar
Mar 22, 2003, 11:49 AM
Good, get online, get rares, get friends, get everythin', get corrupted, start over again, look 4 friends, get rares, get everythin', reach lv 200, 5 sec later get corrupted after comin' back from the boss.

Isn't that fun heh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-03-22 08:50 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Mar 22, 2003, 03:17 PM
corruption only happens to a very small (and most times, not intelligant) crowd, where most of the time it could have been prevented.

Sedyne
Mar 22, 2003, 03:44 PM
Even if you are corrupted there is a method to retain your character and all of your items by screwing with 2 memory cards ;3. I forget, but I KNOW someone posted it and I purposely corrupted a 2nd memory card and tried it. duh like it worked. if only everyone knew it.

2Xtreme
Mar 22, 2003, 05:51 PM
corruption only happens to a very small (and most times, not intelligant) crowd, where most of the time it could have been prevented.

hey whoo do you are you are caling not inntellagent?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyways, your odds of corrupting are very, very low. That's because there are people (like me!) who somehow get corrupted all the time, which evens it out o_O

Yoda86
Mar 22, 2003, 07:46 PM
Who exactly are the people that usually get corrupted all the time (except for the cheaters)?

Yoda86
Mar 22, 2003, 08:40 PM
I just read in another topic that Corruption is becoming less and less:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45121&forum=4&7

Is this true?

isamu2k3
Mar 22, 2003, 09:54 PM
Ok..this game has online in the title....give it a shot...Have fun....make friends....kill even more time....as for the corruption risk....lets see here I myself have been corrupted. LVL 160 died to corruption...at first i was devistated...commin online and tellin everyone that I quit and its not worth it any more.....well I was wrong!
ok so I did start a new character a small FOnewearl named Morrigan....It started out slow from my still hurting pride from my loss...but i stuck with her b/c of my friends online....right now I have Morrigan to lvl 132 and I would have to tell you I am having more fun w/this character than I ever did w/any other character I've ever created....B/C of friends I stuck w/the game.....
So dont let the fear of corruption take over you.....its all a part of the risk of going online.....be sure to make some niche' friends....ive found the ppl of psow to be rather helpful and kind.....b/c
Even tho your character data is gone your friends are still going to be there no matter what!

IMO this game is about friendships first before character data.....

Xion810
Mar 22, 2003, 10:17 PM
If you SOD, don't fret! You will just lose all unequipped items, like mates and fluids. Although this goes for rare items that you pick up, and metesta too. Best way to fix it is to load it up to chara select and pull your card, then replace it with the same card.

Corruption is bad. This is when your data gets an error in it...fixable too. It's like the SOD, only requires two cards. Put card A in, uncorrupted, into the console and load up any chara into online mode. Then pull the card out and put in card B, the corrupted. Press B, not Disagree. This will fix the card.

If it can be done, it can always be undone...except time.