PDA

View Full Version : JP Only rooms.

dias_flac_0g
May 14, 2012, 10:58 PM
Been playing on the JP server for about a month or so and once in a while i'll come across rooms with a full JP discription, but around the end of it you can see in pure english text "JP Only".

Simple question, is this out of racism for US players, or is there something else here that i'm not seeing?

I've only ran into one party of JP players that told me "Sorry JP only" when I said "hello" in plain english (obviously lol). I just simply left the room, no use in staying if I wasn't wanted =P

This is not a "jab" at anyone nor am I trying to say that JP is racist towards us (I have to say this because topics like these always seem to brig out the worse in people).

I just wanna know why some are like this is all :)

beatrixkiddo
May 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
From what I was told by the import community, the "JP Only" is usually because they don't want Chinese goldfarmers joining their games. Of course, they may also not care for Westerners either. My advice is to not talk.

dias_flac_0g
May 15, 2012, 12:39 AM
Can you please go into detail about "Chinese goldfarmers"?

Also, I dont know about not talking in a JP party. I always "talk" and everything goes well for the most part. By talking I mean little things like "hello" or "Thank you" they understand what those mean so I just try to be polite aswell. Plus its kinda rude to not say anything cuz when you join a party everyone greets you. I notice that everytime I join a random JP party everyone greets (well I could be wrong but i'm certain that's what they are doing =P)

Sometimes some JP players speak a little bit of english too so that's always great. When I first joined the only players I knew were JP players that spoke some english who helped me run missions.

blace
May 15, 2012, 04:22 AM
There isn't a lot to say on goldfarmers, besides that they sell in game currency for real currency and creating multiple accounts to farm the money.

TheAstarion
May 15, 2012, 07:13 AM
Sometimes they might want to give out commands like "ignore these guys", "rush to the end for boxes" or "leave me dead and go on without me, a cat has infiltrated my fridge and I must launch guerilla tactics to evict him". All of which can be said with one or two complex kanji (it's a different one if the cat is female).

It's a pain if you can't understand them, it makes you look stupid (because as far as they're concerned, you can't read). Haven't you ever wanted to make an "english only" room in a game where you get assaulted by a deluge of "BR? BR? ITENS HUEHUEHUEHUE"

TenebriS
May 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
I remember on PSU NA/EU seeing lots og "French only" "Spanish only" and such rooms, even "German only".

Sometiems people wanna speak their natural language, instead of speaking english.

Thats my guess o:

Akaimizu
May 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
If lag isn't the issue, it might be a language barrier thing. (Which seems like the top logical reason for a Monster Hunter room (xlink Kai or PS3) to be that way) It's normally never done in a vice-versa situation because we hardly ever have a client or server situation where it would be advantageous of other language speakers coming to our servers.

In some ways, I'd love to see them bring back the Universal translator stuff they had in PSO.

Before all the hacking stuff happened in PSO, where players could harm other player data, I used to play quite a bit with randoms and communicated quite well with Japanese players with just the translator functions.