PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a way to sort of backup your character

SLyNKee
Mar 22, 2003, 11:39 AM
I was bored so I was messing around with multimode character transfer just to see what happens i know i can have a backup of your character but so far i think they are only good in multimode, ill experiment with it later and dont worry no duping can be made from this since your back up character is stripped of all items

SLyNKee
Mar 22, 2003, 07:07 PM
Ok I went and tried to mess around with it a bit more and I found that you can make a back up of your character but it will only be usuable in offline multiplayer Ill post the method I used below even though it doesnt really do much good

First you need 2 memory cards, go to offline multiplayer and transfer the character you wish to make a back up of.

Now save and quit but do not send the character back to it original memory card, now quit and and take the memory card from slot b and stick it in slot a and go to single player

On character select, your desired character will say transferring data, select this character and hit yes, you will now have 2 of your same character one only available on the other memory card for offline multiplayer and the other will be normal, transfer items to your regular char. and your done

ive tried several differnt methods to get the newly created back up character back to the original memory card or even to a new one but so far no good

Yoda86
Mar 22, 2003, 07:13 PM
Or you could make one character a designated offline character and then another for only online play and give him the items you wish to trade or sell to anyone. Just an idea http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

SLyNKee
Mar 22, 2003, 07:18 PM
alot of people dont want to play 2 characters, i have 2 but my HUcast is lvl 122 and my FOnewm is lvl 21 I really only play as one so raising another is too much, alot of people would like to have a backup of their main character incase something happens they wont have to start all over

Sedyne
Mar 22, 2003, 08:24 PM
Amen to that, but it isn't possible without a USB memory card. Even with one of those i'm unsure weather or not you can screw the cube out of thinking code wasn't changed.

Yoda86
Mar 22, 2003, 08:36 PM
On 2003-03-22 17:24, SeanX930 wrote:
Amen to that, but it isn't possible without a USB memory card. Even with one of those i'm unsure weather or not you can screw the cube out of thinking code wasn't changed.

The cube is very smart indeed!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

SLyNKee
Mar 22, 2003, 10:29 PM
yea the cube is really tricky, if i had that action replay it would be really easy fool the cube, maybe baur would have some tips on this

Barubary6
Mar 23, 2003, 02:01 AM
There is a save count written to the file, which the server records each time you log on. If the file you log on with ever has a save count less than the one the server remembers, the server will tell the client to delete all your items and material data.

-- Barubary

SLyNKee
Mar 23, 2003, 03:19 AM
but is there any way to "fool" the server? with what i mentioned above you can technically play with your character twice at once lol