PDA

View Full Version : So, i'm confused. Is Open beta out yet?

Holylifestar
May 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
I can't exactly read the websites very well (Managed to register) And the only thing I can find is the character creation trial, so my question is "Is open beta out yet?" or how long till it is?

Dragwind
May 21, 2012, 06:54 PM
Open beta has not yet begun. We also do not know when it will start, but hopefully it should be soon.

goldwing
May 21, 2012, 06:54 PM
No no it is not

Holylifestar
May 21, 2012, 07:07 PM
What are the recomended specs for the game? I tested my computer, it can't run over -1FPS, and I want to see if my Mom's laptop will run, without spending an hour downloading 600MB onto it x D

Mag-X
May 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
What are the recomended specs for the game? I tested my computer, it can't run over -1FPS, and I want to see if my Mom's laptop will run, without spending an hour downloading 600MB onto it x D

Recommended is a dual core of some kind and a video card as powerul as an Nvidia 7800 GT or better. Any Intel Graphics besides the newer HD series isn't going to work (just to get that out of the way).

~Inu~
May 21, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm guessing you already know about bumped.org (http://bumped.org/psublog/), but if you haven't visited it yet I suggest checking there daily.

We should be getting a more specific date by the end of the month.
Until then, all you can really do is just be patient.

Holylifestar
May 22, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the replies, sounds like even my Moms thousand dollar laptop won't be able to play :/ (Intel graphics card I believe)

AnnabellaRenee87
May 22, 2012, 09:24 AM
For the open BETA read this http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195018
As for your Intel graphics, depends on which Intel graphics it is, the more recent ones built in to i5 and i7 based laptops can play it but not so great.

Holylifestar
May 22, 2012, 09:26 AM
Well, she has an HP laptop, Windows 7, 5-8gigs of RAM(Can't remember, ill look it up later), and i7 or 5 I believe. So, would it be able to play SMOOTHLY on the lowest graphics?

AnnabellaRenee87
May 22, 2012, 09:38 AM
Just go download the character creator and run a benchmark and see what your score is, if it runs fine and you get over 2k then you should be good to go.

Holylifestar
May 22, 2012, 03:11 PM
Ok, one last thing I mightaswell ask here. Me and my friend are new to playing games that aren't in our region, and from what I've seen and read of PSO2 ir seems like a confusing game, so could we get someone to help us a little in the start when Open Beta/Pre-Open beta starts?

Chik'Tikka
May 22, 2012, 06:07 PM
Ok, one last thing I mightaswell ask here. Me and my friend are new to playing games that aren't in our region, and from what I've seen and read of PSO2 ir seems like a confusing game, so could we get someone to help us a little in the start when Open Beta/Pre-Open beta starts?

come to ship 2 block 20 (when you select the server, it's the 2nd one down if you don't have English patch on to see the names) and feel free to ask anyone on the forums for help+^_^+ people here are quite friendly when they aren't going through withdrawal+^_^+

Holylifestar
May 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
come to ship 2 block 20 (when you select the server, it's the 2nd one down if you don't have English patch on to see the names) and feel free to ask anyone on the forums for help+^_^+ people here are quite friendly when they aren't going through withdrawal+^_^+
Uhm, will the English patch still work once it's out?

Blackheart521
May 22, 2012, 07:55 PM
Uhm, will the English patch still work once it's out?

It should, since the open beta is using the same client/launcher that closed beta did, unless they totally revamp things it is expected that it should work ^^

~Inu~
May 22, 2012, 09:19 PM
If they do, the patch itself will definitely be updated.
It was created very quickly, so don't worry if you can't read kana you'll be okay :)

goldwing
May 22, 2012, 11:21 PM

if you dont get the english patch for any odd reason i will help u out. just add me. i wont be getting the english patch for fear of getting banned. EVEN THO IT MAY NOT HAPPEN, i just dont like tampering with things i do not understand fully so with that in mind i will gladly help you out just add me :) i need a personal team anyway or group. XD

watersea
May 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
I am not so sure about that. Hampering with client files can result into a ban, i can say that from experience in other mmos.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 12:07 AM
I am not so sure about that. Hampering with client files can result into a ban, i can say that from experience in other mmos.

Tis y i said wat i said. Im very paireanoied