PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Open Beta for late June, Closed Beta Report, Open Beta Registration

Pages : [1] 2

Mike
May 22, 2012, 05:22 AM
The closed beta report (http://pso2.jp/cbt/) is up but before I go in to it, here's the news on the next test:
A "pre-open beta" test will be held during the later half of June.
Open beta pre-registration for new accounts started on the 23rd. Registering for this will also get you in to the pre-open beta.
Previously existing accounts should be able to participate no matter what.
There will be some kind of reward for participating in the pre-open beta.
If the pre-open beta goes off without any major problems, the open beta should start soon after it finishes.
Character data will be reset between the pre-open beta and open beta.

The registration site is up! You can get to it here:
http://pso2.jp/preentry/

You can use the guide in this post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2727083&postcount=166) to help you out. Just click the first button on the above page to get taken to the form asking for your email address (step 4 in the guide) and you're off.

Closed Beta Report

Participant Info
The client was downloaded about 147,000 times.
About 131,000 people (70% of the accepted testers) logged in sometime during the closed beta testing period.
The most connected users at one time 23,500 on April 21st.
There was an average of 63,000 logins per day.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27951
Blue represents maximum number of simultaneous connections. Red represents total logins
Having the servers up 24 hours a day meant that testers could log in at any time they wanted to or could which, along with the server problems, kept simulatneously conneted users down as compared to previous tests.

Character Info
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27952http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27953
Left: Blue is human, green is Newman, grey is cast. Right: Blue is male, Pink is female
These are the not so surprising race and sex spreads. Yup.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27954http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27955
Left: Blue is mar, orange is marl, green is newm, yellow is newearl, grey is cast, purple is caseal. Right: Red is HU, blue is RA, yellow is FO.
Newms are, once again, PSO2's rare race. Compared to the previous alpha test, the number of hunters has also dropped but only by a percentage or two.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27956
Here are the most popular hairstyles and costumes for fleshies. The Short Wolf hairstyle and Close Quarter costume were the most popular among mars. The Casual Layer hairstyle and the Thousand Dream costume were Marls choice. The Casual Layer was popular with Newms too, as was the Sensious Coat. Newearls also took to the Casual Layer while perfering the Viola Magika costume.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27959
For Casts, the most popular parts were the Ronia Head, Ronia Body, Fauma Legs, and Fauma Arms. Caseals it was the Farnen head, Deel Body, Deel Legs, and Farnen arms.

Abou 228,000 characters were created during the closed beta. That works out to about 1.7 characters per tester.
76,000 users (57.7% of total users) made it to level 10 or higher.
38,000 users (28.8% of total users) made it to level 20.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27960
Red is HU, blue is RA, yellow is FO
This is a graph of the level spread among classes. I think it's interesting to note that there are more forces in the level 1 - 5 category than rangers. I would have expected the HU-RA-FO staircase to be the same no matter what level.

Bug reports & Requests
There was a total of about 22,000 opinions and requests
There was a total of about 11,000 bug reports
There were nearly 43,000 messages on the closed beta message board
When compared to the second alpha, the number of requests and opinions decreased while bug reports and message board replies increased.

Questionaire Info

Around 37,000 people answered the questionaire. Here are the results.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27961
Left: "Did you participate in the alpha or alpha 2 test?" Blue is "No." Red is "Just A2." Green is "Both tests." Grey is "Just the alpha test."

Right: "Will you play when PSO2 officially launches?" Blue is "Yes, but I don't know if I'll use the cash shop." Red is "Yes and I'll use the cash shop." Green is "Yes but I won't use the cash shop." Pink is "I don't know." Grey is "No."

This next graph is the 5-level ranking system that you may have seen from the reports on the previous alpha tests. 5 is Best and 1 is worst. The categories are listed in the order found below the graph.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27962
Character creation
Character, map, enemy, etc graphics
Background music
Install to launcher sequence
All motions
Controls
Rankings, emergency quests, and similar random events
Visual Effects
"Friend Partners"
Title sequence (Title screen to login)
Client Orders
FUN system
Quests
Balance
User Interface
Communication
My Room
Tutorial
Story Advancement
My Shop
Tekking system
Overall
As you can see, despite the mediocre to poor opinions in several categories, over half of all who answered the questionaire were pleased with the closed beta overall.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27963
Left: "What machines do you plan to play with once PSO2 officially launches?" Blue is "Only PC." Red is "PC and PSVita." Green is "PC and smartphone." Pink is "All three." Grey represents other answers.

Right: "What is your main control method?" Blue is "Keyboard and mouse." Green is "Gamepad and keyboard for chat." Grey is "Gamepad and keyboard."

The closed beta was only done for PC so the question on what other machines you might want to play PSO2 on may be skewed towards the PC but about a third of those who answered the questionaire plan to play it on one or both other platforms. Looking at a the way people controlled the game really gives you an idea of where people who played in the closed beta are coming from though.

Things you want to see in PSO2

Like the previous alphas, here's the list of things people are interesting in seeing in upcoming versions of PSO2. The list of what everything is can be found under the graph in the order it appears.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=27964
More weapon categories
More PAs, skills, and ways to fight
More options in the character creator
More ways to play with more people
More map variations
Improved character actions
More weapons (in existing categories)
Things to do besides fight
Improve the story / game world
Improve the chat system
Improve enemies
Something that can be raised outside of player stats like a pet
PVP
Better graphics
Improve My Room functions
PVP is still very low on the list of things people want to see in PSO2 despite all the noise you may hear here. In fact, a category already added to the game for the closed beta, mags, still ranks higher than it. Perhaps mags don't count for it but I don't know.

And finally, from the official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11257708546.html), Sakai tells us that the lag and disconnections that plauged the closed beta were caused by settings on the server. Changing these settings made those problems disappear but one of the goals for the "pre-open beta test" is to make sure they actually fixed it.

mommy_cornelia
May 22, 2012, 05:35 AM
later half of June? *le gasp!!(°A°)*

ty for the info :3

bryanbtje
May 22, 2012, 05:36 AM
Tnx for the awesome news Mike :D

lKeima
May 22, 2012, 05:37 AM
Awesome!

Shinji Kazuya
May 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
Later half of June! Only a month left!

CelestialBlade
May 22, 2012, 05:55 AM
Least we have a date, and us CBT players will be good to go with our existing accounts. Thanks for the info as always, Mike!

This gives me time to 100%-clear Ys Origin at least :lol:

Skyy
May 22, 2012, 05:58 AM
Whoa that's amazing news, thank you, I totally can't wait to play more PSO2 with everyone!^^

One question though, even if we already have a account and participated in the CBT, do we need to log-in and press a button somewhere to be actually eligible to participate in the pre-OB?

Kion
May 22, 2012, 06:06 AM
Looks like a new post from Sakai as well.
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/

And registration for the pre-open beta starts tomorrow (JST)
また、明日5月23日(水)より、オープンβテスト参加のための先行登録を開始させていただき ます。

Paraphrased Translation:

The pre-open beta is a double check to make sure the servers are stable before going into a full-on open beta. The largest number of people logging on simultaneously before was 23,000 people. One of the goals of the pre-open beta is to test the servers under a larger load.

Game status:
Girls still made up 70% of the population and even after trying to make male newmans more appealing the adoption rate was only 5% (compared to 4% in the alpha).
Also compared to the alpha, people focused more on making one character as opposed to several characters. Either it takes too long to level up or more players were taking advantage of being able to multi-class their main better.

Input:
There was a lot of input from the community. Sakai appreciated talks on the official closed beta forums about how players wanted cash shops and stuff to be implements.

In the closed beta report 94% of people replied that they would play the game when it came out. That made the team extremely happy.

A large majority of player replied they'd play it only on pc, but 30% of people replied they wanted to play on vita and smart phone as well.

Zyrusticae
May 22, 2012, 07:22 AM
End of June? That's not really "early summer" for me, but I'll take it.

Beggars and not choosers, and all that.

Gardios
May 22, 2012, 07:27 AM
Neat-oh.

The male to female ratio is pretty retarded, but not surprising I guess.

Game status:
Also compared to the alpha, people focused more on making one character as opposed to several characters. Either it takes too long to level up or more players were taking advantage of being able to multi-class their main better.
That statement doesn't make me hopeful at all regarding paying for characters slots...

CelestialBlade
May 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
94% would play the full game? That's very awesome to hear :D See what happens when you put care into a product, Sega? Hoping their new server hardware is up to the task.

Though I think they failed to realize that the reason most stuck with a single character is so they don't have to pay for more...

Peejay
May 22, 2012, 08:01 AM
I'd pay for more happily, because I like to be a vain player.

I think what might kill SEGA is their accepted payment methods, even then. It's sort of why they went to subscription NEAR the beginning of PSO anyways. There was no way to monetize it, wasn't thought of.

Hopefully that's solved this time around. Then that "Might not use the cash shop" will become "I WILL GIVE YOU MY CREDIT CARD INFO JUST TAKE EVERYTHING EVEN MY HOUSE"

moorebounce
May 22, 2012, 09:02 AM

Well DUH!!......... how does Sega expect people to make multiple characters when they can have one character be a Jack-of-all trades? You may have just seen the death of sub-classes. I plan on making a minimum of 3 characters because I don't like that sub-class crap.

Good job guys! We brought down the female ratio from what I believe to be 72% last time! Hopefully this will be the end of the waiting.

I know I made 2 male characters and one female.

PSO Addict
May 22, 2012, 09:11 AM
Good job guys! We brought down the female ratio from what I believe to be 72% last time! Hopefully this will be the end of the waiting.

Ce'Nedra
May 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
Pff i really hoped it would been first week of June...guess we have to wait a few weeks more guys :(

Other then that nice to see all these statics and other info, it's nice to see what fellow PSO2 Beta testers think.

Chik'Tikka
May 22, 2012, 09:46 AM
THANK YOU!!! INFOOOOO!!!!!! YAY!!!!+^_^+
I'm so glad we finally have a clue when OBT starts now+^_^+
this is so good i recommend at least for now this thread be stickied+^_^+

Rath-Kun
May 22, 2012, 09:58 AM
Soooooo excite.

Will be seeing you all on there ;D

Moah
May 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Looks like Moah will be back for moar action.

Ryo
May 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
I had the worst couple of days of my life this last weekend. Seeing this today made my day! Late June is perfect for me. Thanks, Mike!

Vintasticvin
May 22, 2012, 10:39 AM
O.o I soooo wanna get in on this open beta stuff :o And yes I'd use the cash shop :3 If theres any good buys in there.

Silenttank
May 22, 2012, 11:14 AM
I was waiting for some good news! I got a month to prep my computer, get hype!

goldwing
May 22, 2012, 11:34 AM
Well i guess this isnt bad news it just means more time with brawl busters. Wootness. Im suprised so little of the population got to lvl 20. I figuered at least 70% would make that cut.

Freshellent
May 22, 2012, 11:52 AM
Looks like I got a little more time to finish the video at least.

Hmm, I'm hella proud to represent male newman. Glad I made the change over. (there's a joke somewhere) ALSO IM FULLY AWARE CAST SUPREMACY ETC ETC.

Great post Mike!

Syphio
May 22, 2012, 12:08 PM
Awesome! Nice to see some solid info to surface around here, I'm curious about this pre-order thing do, keep us posted, and thanks for the awesome job!

Arkives
May 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
:3 this pleases me.

RocketZX
May 22, 2012, 12:15 PM
70% female characters... So many guys playing as girls, I'm guilty of this too, but seriously i think I'm gonna be a male in obt, to balance it out. Too much high pitched KYAAA sounds starts to annoy me. Imagine how I feel playing arcana hearts (fighter with all female characters FYI)

I got this feeling that there's gonna so much stuff you need to buy when full game releases, like I don't mean like that exp +100% or rooms, but I mean like missions or areas that can't be accessed for free, kinda like WoW with all those expansions. Or better example, dc universe which is f2p now but half The game is locked until you buy dlc packs.
Either that or make cash shop stuff way expensive, like maplestory (shudder)
I love the PSO games and I'm happy the game itself is free, but I don't want sega to try something that may hurt them longterm, ill gladly pay 20$ a month for EVERYTHING.
I'll guarantee that more than 50% of players in PSO2 will not pay any money, or use "ghetto loopholes" so to speak.
On a side note, two of my friends said they won't play PSO2 unless you're able to trade items for free. Not that they're lazy just that unlike me they aren't hardcore gamers who play PSO for 5-6 hours a day.

Boodendorf
May 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Ohmahgadohmagadomagad finally! I'll wake up tomorrow at 00:01 am if I have to make it for the registration asap.

~Inu~
May 22, 2012, 12:32 PM
70% female characters... So many guys playing as girls, I'm guilty of this too, but seriously i think I'm gonna be a male in obt, to balance it out. Too much high pitched KYAAA sounds starts to annoy me. Imagine how I feel playing arcana hearts (fighter with all female characters FYI)

Guilty, as well.
I wanted to play a Male Cast but I didn't like their customization options too well so I just went with female... If the Cash Shop features a Race/Sex change, I will probably have some ...parts exchanged... on my cast in the future when there are many, many more clothing customization options.
I kind of wanted a metal human, not a gundam.

Ah well, really happy about the good news... Mid-June is much later then we all suspected but hey it's summer I got other things I can do in the meantime. Hoping they get to celebrating Sonic's anniversary.

BIG OLAF
May 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
Late June is early Summer? Not really, but at least we have a rough date now.

I'm sure this won't be any worse than the pain I endured waiting for Skyrim, so I'll be fine.

CelestialBlade
May 22, 2012, 12:51 PM
Not to be a prick, but technically summer begins June 21st or so, so it's actually very early summer :wacko:

I hear ya though, I want this bad.

stheno

Early Summer - June
Summer - July
Late Summer - August

So, I think their goal is to have the servers up again any time before July.

Genovesi
How does one go about registering and when is it officially open? It's nearly 3AM Tokyo time I believe.

BIG OLAF
May 22, 2012, 12:53 PM
Not to be a prick, but technically summer begins June 21st or so, so it's actually very early summer :wacko:

I hear ya though, I want this bad.

Early Summer - June
Summer - July
Late Summer - August

Fine, whatever. You know what I meant.

"Goddamn it hurry up", etc.

bradsta6508
May 22, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info, OP.

stheno
May 22, 2012, 01:05 PM
How does one go about registering and when is it officially open? It's nearly 3AM Tokyo time I believe.

CBT signup opened at 16:00 JST so it might be around the same time.

Genovesi
May 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
Awesome thanks so much! Ah but where do I sign up?

stheno
May 22, 2012, 01:12 PM
Awesome thanks so much! Ah but where do I sign up?

They'll probably put up a link on http://pso2.jp/

My guess is they'll replace the CBT link with the pre/obt link. Also, I'm sure there will be a post here on PSOW once it's up.

Genovesi
May 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
They'll probably put up a link on http://pso2.jp/

My guess is they'll replace the CBT link with the pre/obt link. Also, I'm sure there will be a post here on PSOW once it's up.

Okok thank you, I appreciate it :)

ThePendragon
May 22, 2012, 01:31 PM
Any idea if anything from the pre will transfer to the open?

Ferria
May 22, 2012, 01:38 PM
*le happy*

Kazzi
May 22, 2012, 01:41 PM
They've got a pretty good turnover rate for getting these tests out with new content. I mean, Alpha 1 was back in September last year, Alpha 2 was Feb this year, Closed Beta was April (and the content difference between A2 and CB made it feel like A2 was just some 5 minute demo) and now the Pre-Open is end of June.

Though I am not surprised at all at the clothing choices, I rarely saw a female char outside of the RAnewearl outfit, despite all the bitching about it.

Ezodagrom
May 22, 2012, 01:41 PM
Early Summer - June
Summer - July
Late Summer - August

Well, the first 21 days of September are still a part of Summer, so late Summer would be those 21 days, with early Summer being between late June and early July.

Hayde
May 22, 2012, 01:44 PM
Open beta pre-registration for new accounts starts tomorrow. Registering for this will also get you in to the pre-open beta.
Previously existing accounts should be able to participate no matter what.

Just to verify, if we had an account for CBT--we don't need to do anything, right? Or do we need to somehow 'register' our existing accounts to play in pre-open? I suppose we'll have more info tomorrow regardless. :) Thanks for the info, Mike!

Also remember guys, 4 quarters in a year-- 12/4 = 3 month sections, December to Feb is "Winter", March to May is "Spring", June to August is "Summer" with September to November being "Fall". Perhaps it's different in other regions of the world, but that's how we were generally taught over here in the west (America).

June is technically early summer, although you could argue "late" June being more of a mid-summer. Still, better to delay a few weeks and get some addition fixes (or content?) in rather than a rushed release.

stheno
May 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
Well, the first 21 days of September are still a part of Summer, so late Summer would be those 21 days, with early Summer being between late June and early July.

I was referring to what is Early, Mid, Late summer in Japan. The Fall school semester in Japan starts in September so summer "ends" in August.

Ezodagrom
May 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
I was referring to what is Early, Mid, Late summer in Japan. The Fall school semester in Japan starts in September so summer "ends" in August.
I thought that the seasons had somewhat similar dates in the northern hemisphere, but I was wrong. ^^;

Rezzer
May 22, 2012, 02:22 PM
So if we were already signed up for closed beta we don't need to register again right? We just wait for pre-open beta? And we can use the same log in and password?

RocSage
May 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
I thought that the seasons had somewhat similar dates in the northern hemisphere, but I was wrong. ^^;

Colloquially the weather decides the the season, but there are a whole bunch of different ways people call seasons. For example, I don't think the Michigan area has as a weather cycle that is like "Spring" any more, this year we went from freezing cold almost immediately to weather that you need AC or a fan running with the time in-between that was like a week or two long shifting from cold to decent hourly/daily.

Some calender says Summer started May 15th, others say some time in June, and others still are split into exacting periods of equal number of days.

So a business year is not the same as an astronomical year nor is it the same as a colloquial year or a standard calender year. And even better is that different industries have different business calenders as well so even if they given you a season you are still looking at a possible 6-8 month derivation without them lying about it. That is why you have to look at the source of the time frame and compare to what they have meant in the past and who they are talking to, because Summer means a different span of time to westerners than it does easterners ^.^

PSO Addict
May 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
If you were in the closed beta, your currert username should recieve fancy gifts so I don't imagine you'd want to make another.

NoiseHERO
May 22, 2012, 02:48 PM
So... is pre-open beta saving your character data? or what? D:

Ryo
May 22, 2012, 03:02 PM

I don't think pre-open beta will save character data, as it's mainly a stress test; but that isn't based on any factual data whatsoever.

drmcst45
May 22, 2012, 03:14 PM
This game really needs an English release. I can't enjoy the JP version because I do not know any JP and i feel i miss out on information pertaining to quests etc.

catwat
May 22, 2012, 03:19 PM
I hope they take that feedback about the tekker and do some changes.
All the red box items i tekked sucked...

Dragwind
May 22, 2012, 03:23 PM
Oh, such delicious statistics.

I'm happy to see this report, it's about time. Now comes the excruciating countdown until the festivities.

Thanks again Mike!

stheno
May 22, 2012, 03:40 PM

Possibly. If there are no network issues and everything runs smoothly it will immediately go into obt.

On http://pso2.jp/cbt/ almost at the very bottom it says:
プレオープンβテストにて大きな問題が発生しなかった場合、あまり間をあけることなくオープンβテストを開 始させていただく予定です。

RavenLeader
May 22, 2012, 03:57 PM
This game really needs an English release. I can't enjoy the JP version because I do not know any JP and i feel i miss out on information pertaining to quests etc.

I feel the same way XD, also it says registrations start on the 23rd is that State Side date or JP date cause it's about 6am there right now X)

Macman
May 22, 2012, 03:59 PM
I hope they take that feedback about the tekker and do some changes.
All the red box items i tekked sucked...
The items were always 1* garbage and it costed way too much to identify them. By the end of the beta I wasn't even picking them up.

NoiseHERO
May 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
The items were always 1* garbage and it costed way too much to identify them. By the end of the beta I wasn't even picking them up.

By the end of the beta? I stopped picking those up by day 1 once I realized they weren't even real rares. D:

But who am I kidding I still run halfway across the room to go see what item they are because they're bright bloody red and activate an alarm in my brain that says "RED AND SHINY = IMPORTANT BECAUSE RED IS THE COLOR THAT TRAVELS THE FARTHEST, WHICH IS WHY YOUR BLOOD IS RED TO TELL YOU "DUDE YOU'RE FUCKING DYING, DO SOMETHING!"

Lance813
May 22, 2012, 04:05 PM
At least Sega is bum-rushing this game out, and is testing it well. Two betas? I hope they get as many bugs fixed as possible before full release.

RavenLeader
May 22, 2012, 04:06 PM
Rock... your histarical X)

Rei-San
May 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
So lets just say that I was chosen for the CBT, but I didn't download the client or attend.

Do I still have to register? Or am I set?

stheno
May 22, 2012, 04:15 PM
So lets just say that I was chosen for the CBT, but I didn't download the client or attend.

Do I still have to register? Or am I set?

Youre set if you used your cbt code and linked pso2 to your sega id.

RavenLeader
May 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
So does anyone know whether registration is occurring right now or in a few hours seeing how its already the 23rd in JP time?

Macman
May 22, 2012, 04:24 PM

I don't even...

WHY would this happen?

Ce'Nedra
May 22, 2012, 04:33 PM
Just to double confirm, cause im such a worry wat :P

IF you were in the closed beta you automaticly sign up and enter for the open beta right?

foreignreign
May 22, 2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the info.

Ryo
May 22, 2012, 04:48 PM
Just to double confirm, cause im such a worry wat :P

IF you were in the closed beta you automaticly sign up and enter for the open beta right?

Yes, anyone who played CBT doesn't need to do anything.

PSO Addict
May 22, 2012, 05:23 PM
I wanna be mad at the people who ask if they need to do anything because I feel like they don't just read what is already available to them, but when it came to sign up to the closed beta, I was rather concerned myself so I can relate.

Omega-z
May 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
Red Box item's where used for other purposes other then combat, Mainly "Weapon Strengthening" not using. "GOT JUNK" , "MADE GOOD WITH SPUNK". lol

Rei-San
May 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
I don't even...

WHY would this happen?

My computer broke the day before the Beta, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED! :(

Hax3120
May 22, 2012, 07:27 PM
nice, Open Beta is on June!

Half-a-day the whole month of June in my school :P

Mega Ultra Chicken
May 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
Another beta phase before Open Beta? Hm... maybe I'll try leveling a Force (BROcast) this time around.

Mike
May 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
I see I forgot to put it in the first post so here it is: "Pre-open beta" data doesn't transfer to the open beta. This is why we get something for participating.

PSO Addict
May 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
I guess that's fair, but I find it funny that we need a reward to play. Sega, I'll help you test for free! Just let me in!

RavenLeader
May 22, 2012, 08:21 PM
So now that it's close to 10:30am in JP is the registration open? or is it the 23rd state side?

Ark22
May 22, 2012, 09:07 PM
God I really don't want to do the same thing twice. Just gonna do bare minimum for the stuff.

Cypher_9
May 22, 2012, 09:09 PM
I only have one thing to say... "Humaaaaanh Hunntaaaaah Supremaaacccy"

I seen the statistics on the blog and that was the majority in regard to race and class...

PSO Addict
May 22, 2012, 09:14 PM
The biggest problem I have with the reset is the quest completion. It'll be easier the second time around, but it was annoying to mess with the matter board and client orders to unlock new quests and such. We want English options. Please Sega?

AC9breaker
May 22, 2012, 09:29 PM
أنت ياعظيم تراك أهنتنا يادلخ هذي صوره فوتوشوب واخيرا اقدر اقول انها فوتوشوب حبيبيامسح هذا المقطع اتهنا كفايه من ناس ماتسوى جزمتك القديمه بس تراهم يحسبونا متخلفين في اللحظه هذي انا عارف نواياك واللله يشد بأزرك بإذن الله بس فيه احسن من كده فشيلها جزاك الله خير عني وعن امة محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم

Rei-San
May 22, 2012, 09:32 PM
أنت ياعظيم تراك أهنتنا يادلخ هذي صوره فوتوشوب واخيرا اقدر اقول انها فوتوشوب حبيبيامسح هذا المقطع اتهنا كفايه من ناس ماتسوى جزمتك القديمه بس تراهم يحسبونا متخلفين في اللحظه هذي انا عارف نواياك واللله يشد بأزرك بإذن الله بس فيه احسن من كده فشيلها جزاك الله خير عني وعن امة محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم

...Huh?

Agitated_AT
May 22, 2012, 09:44 PM
Well that arabic scripture sure looks nice, allthough totally random....

Wtf?

Arkives
May 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
You Aaazim Trac Ohuntna Aadlkh rave pictures Photoshop and finally appreciate'd say it Photoshop Habibiamsh this section Athna Enough of people Matsui Dzmtk old Avatar you see them Ihspona backward-minute rave I know your intentions and Alllah pull Bozrk, God willing, Avatar the best than this Vchelha Dzak God good to me, nation of Muhammad peace be upon him

^What "Translate to English" got me. lol

CelestialBlade
May 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
I just tried to say "Dzmtk" outloud. I either ruptured something or summoned an ancient supergod that's going to accelerate the heat death of the universe. Or both.

KunoMochi
May 22, 2012, 10:06 PM
Great news! I hope I can get registered with an account before it's too late. I really would hate to miss out on it while I'm at work... :(

MelancholyWitch
May 22, 2012, 10:17 PM
Nice good bit of information, good to know PvP wasn't necessarily last this time... to me it seems there's at least a bit more interest in it than there was in the 2nd alpha questionnaire, so maybe they will notice that.

~Inu~
May 22, 2012, 10:18 PM
I wonder how long the Pre-OB Test will last, and if we'll be getting any more free AC?

I'm guessing not, Sakai just wants to make sure the servers are running stably and I would expect that to only take a few days.
Ah, well. We got to do our part to log in and add our weight to the server, and if there's no lag at all then Sakai is right and we can bring on the actual game!

Mike
May 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
I wonder how long the Pre-OB Test will last, and if we'll be getting any more free AC?
I would guess we may get some free AC for the pre-open beta. Rooms will likely need to be stress tested and the only way to get a room is to purchase one with AC.

RavenLeader
May 22, 2012, 10:53 PM
Can we register yet o.o its 1pm in JP X)

stheno
May 22, 2012, 10:55 PM
Pre-OBT registration is up. http://pso2.jp/preentry/

Chik'Tikka
May 22, 2012, 10:57 PM
hmm.... i would like to know payment options for AC, i would very much like PayPal as i lost my green dot card and don't feel like registering a new one+^_^+

RavenLeader
May 22, 2012, 10:59 PM
Pre-OBT registration is up. http://pso2.jp/preentry/

woot XD any type of guide? o.0

stheno
May 22, 2012, 11:00 PM
woot XD any type of guide? o.0

It's pretty much the same screens we already have guides for, I think. SEGA ID signup and the same screens to activate PSO2 service for your SEGA ID. Links to the guides should be in the forum sticky.

Mike
May 22, 2012, 11:19 PM
It's pretty much the same screens we already have guides for, I think. SEGA ID signup and the same screens to activate PSO2 service for your SEGA ID. Links to the guides should be in the forum sticky.
That it is. You just don't need to worry about addresses or anything.

I've also added that link to the first post.

Genovesi
May 22, 2012, 11:21 PM
I keep getting some error message when registering...anyone know whats up with that?
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ARTn24zqZBM/T7xmHLRT38I/AAAAAAAAAGA/IBDBE8-KXvI/w443-h204-k/WTF.JPG

Mike
May 22, 2012, 11:28 PM
I keep getting some error message when registering...anyone know whats up with that?
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ARTn24zqZBM/T7xmHLRT38I/AAAAAAAAAGA/IBDBE8-KXvI/w443-h204-k/WTF.JPG

You have to use double digits for the month so add a zero if you're using a single digit.

Genovesi
May 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
life saver :) thank you!

MelancholyWitch
May 22, 2012, 11:50 PM
I know this was stated in the op, but I was wondering what exactly is meant that pre exsiting accounts "should be able to participate no matter what" are you saying that we should sign up for an account anyways just in case?

Boodendorf
May 22, 2012, 11:59 PM
So, how do you log back in with a sega id since there's a secutiry box using japanese letters? I was disconnected and can't get registered to the pso2, I bet I can't make two accounts using the same email too right? u_u

Chik'Tikka
May 23, 2012, 12:04 AM
well to get past the security box, copy/paste syllabograms from here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana#Table_of_katakana as for getting disconnected, did you already set a username/password? if so then you should have an e-mail for completing registration, if you don't have that e-mail i think you can reuse that e-mail again, I'm not sure though+^_^+

Boodendorf
May 23, 2012, 12:13 AM
well to get past the security box, copy/paste syllabograms from here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana#Table_of_katakana as for getting disconnected, did you already set a username/password? if so then you should have an e-mail for completing registration, if you don't have that e-mail i think you can reuse that e-mail again, I'm not sure though+^_^+

Well when I open it I get a bunch of things to fill, one being the birthday I guessed but it doesn't connect me in. And I just used the table of katakana but for some reason it didn't work (I'm pretty sure I took every correct letters). Anything else I could do? Perhaps provide screenshots? (Also going to school soon.)

B Plus
May 23, 2012, 12:33 AM
Hey guys this is what I get when I try to register. I take it I did something wrong? Please see the attached image.

~Inu~
May 23, 2012, 12:44 AM
This might be a silly thing to point out, but when I created my ID it didn't accept it at first and I got a little confused - but the problem was my entire ID went to lowercase and the ID itself is case sensitive.

If you're having trouble logging in, be aware of that.

Boodendorf
May 23, 2012, 12:47 AM
Okay took two screenshots: here
http://imgur.com/a/Zbrsi
When I connect, no matter what I do I'll get a message after connecting (with security box right etc) (puts me to the 2nd picture) annnd I can't do anything other than trying to connect again.
I also put my id in lower case so that's not the problem.

Kion
May 23, 2012, 12:50 AM
Hey guys this is what I get when I try to register. I take it I did something wrong? Please see the attached image.

Says: Registration complete.

Okay took two screenshots: here
http://imgur.com/a/Zbrsi
When I connect, no matter what I do I'll get a message after connecting (with security box right etc) (puts me to the 2nd picture) annnd I can't do anything other than trying to connect again.
I also put my id in lower case so that's not the problem.

ヤカユカス
copy + paste

Mike
May 23, 2012, 12:52 AM
I know this was stated in the op, but I was wondering what exactly is meant that pre exsiting accounts "should be able to participate no matter what" are you saying that we should sign up for an account anyways just in case?
No. If you already have an account, you don't need to sign up for another. Even if you do go to the sign up webpage, you'll just get something like B Plus did.

Boodendorf
May 23, 2012, 01:04 AM
Says: Registration complete.

ヤカユカス
copy + paste
Right it's not like I just wrote I did the security box right using the link to the table of katakanas and had the same thing. I partially did.
So no, it isn't that either.

B Plus
May 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
Although it said registration complete, I was never able to get to the actual pso2 confirmation page. I just made another email account and worked fine. So I take it they will email me if I get accepted? Do they send you a link to download the client?

Mike
May 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
Right it's not like I just wrote I did the security box right using the link to the table of katakanas and had the same thing. I partially did.
So no, it isn't that either.
The first message you're getting is a busy server message. If waiting and trying again at a different time doesn't work for you, try changing your browser.

Although it said registration complete, I was never able to get to the actual pso2 confirmation page. I just made another email account and worked fine. So I take it they will email me if I get accepted? Do they send you a link to download the client?
You'll get three emails while registering a new account. The first is the email confirmation, the second would be the Sega ID created email, and the third would be the registered for PSO2 email. When testing time comes around, you'll be able to download the client from the official website. Or rather, you'll be able to download a downloader for the official client.

Boodendorf
May 23, 2012, 01:10 AM
The first message you're getting is a busy server message. If waiting and trying again at a different time doesn't work for you, try changing your browser.

I'll def try when I get back home, or perhaps I can do it from my phone? Going to try.

Rezzer
May 23, 2012, 01:11 AM
Will our email that is linked to our closed beta accounts be receiving an email about the pre-open beta? Kinda like how we got emails about closed beta?

B Plus
May 23, 2012, 01:14 AM
This is what I got..

このたびは、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に
ご登録いただき、ありがとうございます。

お客様のサービス利用登録が完了いたしました。

※ご登録に使用した「SEGA ID」「パスワード」の紛失や
 登録メールアドレスの不備には十分ご注意ください。

※本メールはシステムより自動送信されています。
 本メールに返信されましても、返答できませんので
 ご了承ください。

This time, go to "Phantasy Star Online 2"
Thank you for registering.

Service of your registration was completed.

※ lost or "SEGA ID" "Password" you used to register your
Deficiencies in registration e-mail address Please be careful.

※ this email is automatically sent from the system.
Even if it is sent back to this email, you can not answer
Please be patient.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 01:17 AM
Will our email that is linked to our closed beta accounts be receiving an email about the pre-open beta? Kinda like how we got emails about closed beta?

To help mike out with all the qs. We dont no. But i would assume yes.

Mike
May 23, 2012, 01:17 AM
Probably, in the form of a newsletter.

This is what I got..

このたびは、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に
ご登録いただき、ありがとうございます。

お客様のサービス利用登録が完了いたしました。

登録メールアドレスの不備には十分ご注意ください。

※本メールはシステムより自動送信されています。
 本メールに返信されましても、返答できませんので
 ご了承ください。

Please be patient.

That's the standard email. You're good to go.

stheno
May 23, 2012, 01:41 AM
I just went through the whole process and made a guide specific to this pre obt signup if anyone's interested.

http://imgur.com/a/rg0Xk

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 01:47 AM
I just went through the whole process and made a guide specific to this pre obt signup if anyone's interested.

http://imgur.com/a/rg0Xk

Nice.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 23, 2012, 02:10 AM
whelp. i sure wish i could hibernate like a bear, and then wake up "tomorrow" and have it be end of june.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 23, 2012, 02:12 AM
Just to clarify
If you participated in the CBT I should be getting newsletter email automatically?
Or do I have to sign up on my SEGA ID again?

I log'd in and went down where you see "ファンタシースターオンライン2" (Phantasy Star Online 2)
Under it I see "サービス利用登録済" (Registered service use) No button.

Haven't touched this since I registered for CBT back then.

So guess matter of waiting to get an email?

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 02:29 AM
Just to clarify
If you participated in the CBT I should be getting newsletter email automatically?
Or do I have to sign up on my SEGA ID again?

I log'd in and went down where you see "ファンタシースターオンライン2" (Phantasy Star Online 2)
Under it I see "サービス利用登録済" (Registered service use) No button.

Haven't touched this since I registered for CBT back then.

So guess matter of waiting to get an email?

Correct. U dont have to do anything

Dark Emerald EXE
May 23, 2012, 02:32 AM
Correct. U dont have to do anything
K Cool

Currently I'm just tweakin my post on FFXIAH (FFXI forum site) about the Pre-Open Beta...

I've been keeping some of the people there up to date on the matters of the game since CBT for I think some don't come to this site so I just post info there from here :)

(I'm Darkzeru btw)
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/14163/phantasy-star-online-2/9/

Edit: OMG I just notice I went over 2,000 Post :o:o:o:o:o

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 02:36 AM
K Cool

Currently I'm just tweakin my post on FFXIAH (FFXI forum site) about the Pre-Open Beta...

I've been keeping some of the people there up to date on the matters of the game since CBT for I think some don't come to this site so I just post info there from here :)

(I'm Darkzeru btw)
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/14163/phantasy-star-online-2/9/

Edit: OMG I just notice I went over 2,000 Post :o:o:o:o:o
Lol nice and grats on 2k+. Thats my goal.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 23, 2012, 02:53 AM
Aww still no email.
Eh might be doing it waves...no rush I'll check later in the day 2morrow...

That reminds me....
Exactly how is the "Pre Open Beta" any different then Open Beta? Obviously besides it being before the Open Beta lol Like it's another Closed Beta with a different name o.0

Hope it goes to 40 in this beta.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 03:36 AM
Aww still no email.
Eh might be doing it waves...no rush I'll check later in the day 2morrow...

That reminds me....
Exactly how is the "Pre Open Beta" any different then Open Beta? Obviously besides it being before the Open Beta lol Like it's another Closed Beta with a different name o.0

Hope it goes to 40 in this beta.

Oh dude no u wont get a confermation email. Ull just get the email when the pobt comes out. So basicly ur already in u just gotta wait till pobt. As far as pobt from snooping around its a stress test. I hope this helps. Recap no email till pobt and pobt is stress test.

Ark22
May 23, 2012, 03:38 AM
Gonna register like 5 times again just to be a dick.

Ce'Nedra
May 23, 2012, 03:39 AM
I don't mind this extra beta testing, it shows that sega acctually takes this serious for once to me...Plus it gives me the perfect chance to test my new PC ;3

Gama
May 23, 2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the guide stheno

i wonder if we will get translated menus for the game when its out.

Mike
May 23, 2012, 03:40 AM
The pre-open beta is not closed. Anybody who registers can play. You could argue that the closed beta wasn't very closed either but whatever. You register, you get in.

Ark22
May 23, 2012, 03:42 AM
There goes my idea. But seriously, another test, man I am just going bare minimum, get the prize, jerk around until PSO2 releases then go serious. Not doing the same thing 3 times.

Fix'd the Fix'd of my own mistake.

But Open Beta is basically game release =D You silly goose.

Ce'Nedra
May 23, 2012, 03:45 AM
There goes my idea. But seriously, another test, man I am just going bare minimum, get the prize, jerk around until PSO2 releases than go serious. Not doing the same thing 3 times.

Fixed

Gama
May 23, 2012, 03:52 AM
everything we do on the pre beta and open beta will be lost after the game is released right?

btw already got the email.

used my gmail account.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 03:54 AM
No clue. I think mike talks about it on the first post tho

Gama
May 23, 2012, 03:55 AM
No clue. I think mike talks about it on the first post tho

yeah youre right "Character data will be reset between the pre-open beta and open beta."

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 03:57 AM
yeah youre right "Character data will be reset between the pre-open beta and open beta."

That kinda bites but hey im ok with restarting again and again and aga......it sounded better in my head

Gama
May 23, 2012, 04:01 AM
since i never participated in the alphas or beta, it will be once or twice for me, twice if char reset occurs going from beta to release.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 04:05 AM
since i never participated in the alphas or beta, it will be once or twice for me, twice if char reset occurs going from beta to release.

Lucky. Lol should b once. It was said obt will carry to release

Dark Emerald EXE
May 23, 2012, 04:44 AM
Oh dude no u wont get a confermation email. Ull just get the email when the pobt comes out. So basicly ur already in u just gotta wait till pobt. As far as pobt from snooping around its a stress test. I hope this helps. Recap no email till pobt and pobt is stress test.

Alright thanks..

Now someone whose first time registering for SEGA ID they'd get an email stating they registered yea?

Asking in reference to those I know on FFXI forum who didn't participate in CBT

Edit:
For someone who just now signed up for SEGA ID and such and registered for PSO2 OBT what exactly does the email say?
(trying to show a reference on FFXIAH.com so they'll know what to look for)

Khasar
May 23, 2012, 06:28 AM
Sounds great looking forward to it

Raging Ghost
May 23, 2012, 06:59 AM
Okay, so where do I register for the open beta?

Angelic Fae
May 23, 2012, 07:06 AM
Japanese text...everywhere! If you don't have a translator in your browser navigating these pages could be a real hassle. Thank god for google chrome.

Lungo
May 23, 2012, 07:28 AM
If you need help registering, Ricardo at the Phantasy Star Fan Blog posted a guide (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/).

And with that I am all signed up and ready to go! =D

PhantasyStarMan
May 23, 2012, 07:43 AM
Fantastic news. Once mid June rolls around I will be watching my E-mail like a mad man!

Gama
May 23, 2012, 07:59 AM
everybody will...rappy mail rappy mail... lol

Boodendorf
May 23, 2012, 09:28 AM
Finally worked, I had to recreate an account.

moorebounce
May 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
Well if you go by seasons In the northern hemisphere the months the seasons fall under go like this:

Winter = December 21 - March 21
Spring = March 21 - June 21
Summer = June 21 - September 21
Autumn = September 21 - December 21

So if PSO2 has a late June or early July date it's still comsidered an early summer release. A lot of Americans look at the begining of June as early summer because of school. I'm guilty of this too so I'm sad we have to wait another month for the OBT.

NoiseHERO
May 23, 2012, 10:00 AM
Stupid... Server lag, delayin' my precious Nihongo version PSO2.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 11:12 AM
Alright thanks..

Now someone whose first time registering for SEGA ID they'd get an email stating they registered yea?

Asking in reference to those I know on FFXI forum who didn't participate in CBT

Edit:
For someone who just now signed up for SEGA ID and such and registered for PSO2 OBT what exactly does the email say?
(trying to show a reference on FFXIAH.com so they'll know what to look for)

here you go dark this is what to look for. this was posted by b plus on page 12

このたびは、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に
ご登録いただき、ありがとうございます。

お客様のサービス利用登録が完了いたしました。

登録メールアドレスの不備には十分ご注意ください。

※本メールはシステムより自動送信されています。
 本メールに返信されましても、返答できませんので
 ご了承ください。

Please be patient.

now as for the title of it i have not found it yet sorry.

NoiseHERO
May 23, 2012, 11:51 AM
Oh wait, what?

Blegh, knew Pre-OBT beta would'nt transfer over. But I guess it's not a big enough deal to just call it a CBT2. I won't be taking this test seriously.. At least we get more free stuff.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 23, 2012, 11:59 AM
Well if you go by seasons In the northern hemisphere the months the seasons fall under go like this:

Winter = December 21 - March 21
Spring = March 21 - June 21
Summer = June 21 - September 21
Autumn = September 21 - December 21

So if PSO2 has a late June or early July date it's still comsidered an early summer release. A lot of Americans look at the begining of June as early summer because of school. I'm guilty of this too so I'm sad we have to wait another month for the OBT.
I generally used to think this way as well until I got older and realized that's Summer time for school and "Seasonal" Summer time is two different things lol

Hax3120
May 23, 2012, 12:03 PM
For the CBT players, we don't need to register again right?

Are we all still gonna play in the same server? (Ship 2 Lobby 20)?

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
For the CBT players, we don't need to register again right?

Are we all still gonna play in the same server? (Ship 2 Lobby 20)?

most likely. i mean i am thats for sure. and no no you dont

Rei-San
May 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
Youre set if you used your cbt code and linked pso2 to your sega id.

Ok, the thing is I don't think I have.

I remember trying to download the client, but not finishing. And that's it.

I don't remember liking my beta code with my account. So what do I do now?

Hax3120
May 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
most likely. i mean i am thats for sure. and no no you dont
Ok awesome thanks. :-D

Hope to see all of you there.

Drifting Fable
May 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
I don't have an email yet, but my account states that I'm still registered for PSO2, so I'm guessing I'm fine.

I hope the Tarunada is back in this Pre-Open Beta. That was one monster of a sword for sure.

imrevned
May 23, 2012, 12:59 PM
I am very excited! :D

chaos-shadow
May 23, 2012, 02:10 PM
Very excited! Signed the boyfriend up for an account along with getting my friends on-board as well. :D

Totally stoked now - just to make sure we all register on same ship. X)

Kazzi
May 23, 2012, 02:28 PM
Oh wait, what?

Blegh, knew Pre-OBT beta would'nt transfer over. But I guess it's not a big enough deal to just call it a CBT2. I won't be taking this test seriously.. At least we get more free stuff.

I'm glad it's not transferring over myself. I plan to just do nothing but mess around and try contribute to the lag issue.

CelestialBlade
May 23, 2012, 02:36 PM
Very excited! Signed the boyfriend up for an account along with getting my friends on-board as well. :D

Totally stoked now - just to make sure we all register on same ship. X)
And let's remember why we register boyfriends--to hunt rarz for you when given the innocent puppy-eyes.

:wacko:

Enforcer MKV
May 23, 2012, 02:51 PM
And let's remember why we register boyfriends--to hunt rarz for you when given the innocent puppy-eyes.

*shakes fist angrily*

But in all seriousness, I haven't done this yet, so I'm going to....

Let's get ready to rip it UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-YFDV-5x8A&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLFXRyD_NC99dVmxM3cnWIiQ

So stoked.

BIG OLAF
May 23, 2012, 03:12 PM

Only if they're pussified into doing whatever their female counterpart says, lest be subjected to her "wrath" (which is, in actuality, never very 'wrathful', and is just something guys say they fear for whatever reason).

Anyway, lets hope the pre-Open Beta doesn't have crappy server stability like the CBT had at first, or apparently we're looking at an OB delay. That's obviously no good. Time to roll the dice and hope SEGA fixed their server issues.

Chik'Tikka
May 23, 2012, 04:01 PM

lolz, what kinda guys you dating that you have to register them? they must be like talking to a box of rocks+^_^+ i would of thought it would be the other way around+^_^+ it took me months to get my ex to play on he full 360 PSU and get off the demo, and even then she would be like "wanna play dome Halo/CoD?" which in reality meant "I'm going to go play Halo/CoD now" and that's what we'd do (as little interest she had in PSU, she was an amazing CoD player, only other person i know that could get top of the lobby 20 times in a row besides me, i think it's cause she's Asian)+^_^+ now i have to train a whole new one...

Boodendorf
May 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
lolz, what kinda guys you dating that you have to register them? they must be like talking to a box of rocks+^_^+ i would of thought it would be the other way around+^_^+ it took me months to get my ex to play on he full 360 PSU and get off the demo, and even then she would be like "wanna play dome Halo/CoD?" which in reality meant "I'm going to go play Halo/CoD now" and that's what we'd do (as little interest she had in PSU, she was an amazing CoD player, only other person i know that could get top of the lobby 20 times in a row besides me, i think it's cause she's Asian)+^_^+ now i have to train a whole new one...

I thought the usual stereotype were asians being good at fighting (actually nearly every) games and actually not fpses?
Anyway can't wait to get on the obt, I'll probably be using more launcher than rifle as a ranger. Looks like quite a bit of fun.

Raging Ghost
May 23, 2012, 04:33 PM
So, I have now subcribed to the Pre-Open Beta. Now, what?

BIG OLAF
May 23, 2012, 04:36 PM

That's it. You're done.

Griffin
May 23, 2012, 04:37 PM
Ain't early enough.

Finalzone
May 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ain't early enough.

Patience is a virtue.

VANNO
May 23, 2012, 05:25 PM
Lol patience is a big fat donkey. But none the less I can't wait for pre-open beta to come out. I hope to meet lots of people from pso-world and makes super duper awesome friends.

KunoMochi
May 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
So, we'll be gathering in Ship 2, Block 20, right? Or if that's full, Block 21?

BIG OLAF
May 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
So, we'll be gathering in Ship 2, Block 20, right? Or if that's full, Block 21?

Yes, that's correct.

Lostbob117
May 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
I signed up yay.

Chik'Tikka
May 23, 2012, 05:40 PM

wait til mid-late June for Pre-OBT to start+^_^+ and keep an eye here and your e-mail for info+^_^+

CelestialBlade
May 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
It's so easy to get replies here :wacko:

Wait in agonizing anticipation with the rest of us! I hope the food rations hold...

xBladeM6x
May 23, 2012, 05:45 PM
Now we shall all feel the wait, and die doing so. :C

KunoMochi
May 23, 2012, 05:55 PM
It's so easy to get replies here :wacko:

Wait in agonizing anticipation with the rest of us! I hope the food rations hold...
I'm chewing my leg in antipication...

moorebounce
May 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
I generally used to think this way as well until I got older and realized that's Summer time for school and "Seasonal" Summer time is two different things lol

Well when you're a kid or have your own it kind of works out that way. My job is school related so like I said I'm guilty of thinking that way. It sucks because we have to wait another month. I'm tired of playing around with the character creator because I can make all my characters within 5 minutes (for each one). lol

Didn't I hear something about Sega was thinking about letting us play around with the team flags and/or Arks cards portion?

BIG OLAF
May 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
Didn't I hear something about Sega was thinking about letting us play around with the team flags and/or Arks cards portion?

What do you mean when you say "team flags?" I don't recall teams having flags...unless I just never bothered to look.

Enforcer MKV
May 23, 2012, 06:34 PM
What do you mean when you say "team flags?" I don't recall teams having flags...unless I just never bothered to look.

I think they're referring to the picture art you can set up as a group's icon. I recall them toying with the idea of giving people an outside editor to work with, since people apparently asked for that.

...or so it's said. *dodges tomatoc*

Mike
May 23, 2012, 06:48 PM
Teams could have flags ala BB. You set it from the team counter. Like Enforcer said, team flags use symbol art and not external files, unlike BB.

Griffin
May 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Piss off!

Sorry.

Mikura
May 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
I was hoping this would be sooner, but late June isn't too bad. :D At least I won't have to register again. Spent the better part of my night just getting set up for the closed beta a couple of days before it ended.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
Now we shall all feel the wait, and die doing so. :C

Not i said the white knight

Dark Emerald EXE
May 23, 2012, 09:16 PM
I got Gotcha Force and many other gams to occupy my time until then...
Plus most of my days are job searchin so I can wait lol

NoiseHERO
May 23, 2012, 09:28 PM
Is it 20-30 days from now yet?

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 09:34 PM

do i get a prize if i say yes???

CelestialBlade
May 23, 2012, 09:51 PM
Yes. Approximately 20-30 days into the future.

So relative to Future Rock Eastwood, it's totally here.

ClothoBuer
May 24, 2012, 07:50 AM
Excellent work as always Mike.

Well, if pre-beta is in June, I think it's fair to say our release window is late July to early August. Keeping my hopes for this game somewhat reasonable, but it seems Sakai and the dev staff are genuinely investing in the future with PSO2, and are trying to make it all work out well. The end result will tell, but I like where things are going so far.

moorebounce
May 24, 2012, 08:49 AM

Yeah "Player Art" like Mike and Enforcer said. I couldn't remember what it was called and was just guessing. On BB it was called "Symbol Chat". I seen a few elaborate ones in some of the videos. I even seen where someone made one of the KFC logo. It would be nice if they added that to the character creator so we could mess around with that while waiting for the POBT and OBT.

jmanx
May 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
So all close beta players is automatically in yes sweet

RocSage
May 24, 2012, 09:34 AM

I remember seeing it, but not where. Generally what happens is that the "flag" or "icon" gets put next to your name so when people look through the various names over your head they can quickly see if your in one team or another.

Blackheart521
May 24, 2012, 10:04 AM

Team flags were accessible if you were the leader of a team at the team counter, basically could make a symbol art of what you wanted to be next to your name so people could recognize what team you are part of and everyone on the team would carry that flag... kinda expanding on what RocSage said ^^

Kazzi
May 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
Excellent work as always Mike.

Well, if pre-beta is in June, I think it's fair to say our release window is late July to early August. Keeping my hopes for this game somewhat reasonable, but it seems Sakai and the dev staff are genuinely investing in the future with PSO2, and are trying to make it all work out well. The end result will tell, but I like where things are going so far.

I hope you mean the release window for open beta, and not the full game. I'd say August at the utmost earliest for "retail".

BIG OLAF
May 24, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah "Player Art" like Mike and Enforcer said. I couldn't remember what it was called and was just guessing. On BB it was called "Symbol Chat". I seen a few elaborate ones in some of the videos. I even seen where someone made one of the KFC logo. It would be nice if they added that to the character creator so we could mess around with that while waiting for the POBT and OBT.

Oh, it's more or less Symbol Chat images that are used as logos then? Guess I'll have to accost someone with artistic ability to make a good one for whatever team I join, since I sure as hell can't use that thing to save my life.

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Out of the 70% females in the game it makes you wonder how many were actualy female lolololllololol :p Just some thing to think on and giggle about I did the sign up thingy and got my jp segaID last night :D

BIG OLAF
May 24, 2012, 12:05 PM
Out of the 70% females in the game it makes you wonder how many were actualy female lolololllololol :p Just some thing to think on and giggle about

A rough estimate? Probably like 8%.

Blackheart521
May 24, 2012, 02:41 PM
anyone expecting an update from sakai this friday (technically today in japan)? or no because of the early week update that he already had, hopefully he does update the blog.

Raging Ghost
May 24, 2012, 04:48 PM
Out of the 70% females in the game it makes you wonder how many were actualy female lolololllololol :p Just some thing to think on and giggle about I did the sign up thingy and got my jp segaID last night :D

The only reason why I'll play as a female CAST is mostly because male CASTs lack human-like parts, unlike their female counterparts.

Pluupy
May 24, 2012, 07:16 PM
How do we apply to open beta? That guide seems to instruct upon regular closed beta. I already have an account.

skuld01
May 24, 2012, 07:23 PM
How do we apply to open beta? That guide seems to instruct upon regular closed beta. I already have an account.

For those who already registered for alpha/cbt: you dont need to register again for pre-open beta.

if you havent do this when it was alpha and cbt:

login your SEGA ID (CREATE ONE if you dont have)

in management of your SEGA account, go look for a link (not pic, just in blue underlined text - purple if it had been accessed before)

The link should be named "Select service" (サービス選択へ)

inside that, you should see bunch of game name, or service, look for PSO2 (ファンタシースターオンライン2)

there will be the link for you to register the service of PSO2 onto your SEGA ID.

When the game is open, use the SEGAID to login.

Note: If you have problem reading Japanese text, you should wait for US version and suffer from the crappy "localization".

Rei-San
May 24, 2012, 07:39 PM
For those who already registered for alpha/cbt: you dont need to register again for pre-open beta.

if you havent do this when it was alpha and cbt:

login your SEGA ID (CREATE ONE if you dont have)

in management of your SEGA account, go look for a link (not pic, just in blue underlined text - purple if it had been accessed before)

The link should be named "Select service" (サービス選択へ)

inside that, you should see bunch of game name, or service, look for PSO2 (ファンタシースターオンライン2)

there will be the link for you to register the service of PSO2 onto your SEGA ID.

When the game is open, use the SEGAID to login.

Note: If you have problem reading Japanese text, you should wait for US version and suffer from the crappy "localization".

Well, as I said before. I signed up for the closed beta, I got the confirmation e-mail and everything. I just wasn't able to play, log-in, or download the client. I'm still set though right?

Mike
May 24, 2012, 07:59 PM
Well, as I said before. I signed up for the closed beta, I got the confirmation e-mail and everything. I just wasn't able to play, log-in, or download the client. I'm still set though right?
You should be. Of course, given your problems, I might not be very hopeful.

skuld01
May 24, 2012, 08:01 PM

Cant really tell now as the server is closed, make no different from us until pre-open beta anyway.

You should check if your "confirmation" letter means you got picked as one of the close beta tester or just a email for confirming the creation on your SEGA ID.

Xenobia
May 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
Female (real life) rate is usualy about 20% in most games. Guess male just naturally are more commonly interested into technical matters, PCs one of them. However, thats just a percentage of the shares and doesnt speak for the individuals itself. So it does say nothing about skill or gaming capabilitys, its just a percentage of how many of X and Y at point Z. Some people telling me "women dont enjoy football", my answer on that is: Oh yes, many of them does, but the share is much lower. So, its not good to "standartize" because as far as human is concerned, there is no standart. Autistic persons do generally enjoy computers equally, so there is almost no difference into female/male ratio, because almost any autistic person does enjoy a computer.

~Inu~
May 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
The only reason why I'll play as a female CAST is mostly because male CASTs lack human-like parts, unlike their female counterparts.

These are my exact thoughts.
Any other characters I make in the future will be male, and if more options and a race/gender change exist in the future for Male Casts i might consider it.

Cast supremacy, baby!

Kazzi
May 24, 2012, 09:25 PM

I want to see some more HUcast looking parts from PSO :(

Enforcer MKV
May 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cast supremacy, baby!

I sincerely hope that the CAST supremacy movement isn't nearly as strong as it was in PSU....I watched people get kicked from parties simple because they weren't CASTs. And when I pipped up about them being removed, I was spoken down upon.

It was, frankly, disgusting.

I know some people say it jokingly, but there are people who actually strongly believe in CAST Supremacy.

BIG OLAF
May 24, 2012, 09:32 PM
I know some people say it jokingly, but there are people who actually strongly believe in CAST Supremacy.

"Strongly" believing in a certain race being 'superior' to others (not in a stat-based way, but in a socially-accepted way) on a goddamn video game is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life.

Like yeah, joking about it is fine, albeit still annoying at times. But shunning and scorning people because they aren't playing the race you consider the "best" is borderline retarded.

Rei-San
May 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
You should be. Of course, given your problems, I might not be very hopeful.

Cant really tell now as the server is closed, make no different from us until pre-open beta anyway.

You should check if your "confirmation" letter means you got picked as one of the close beta tester or just a email for confirming the creation on your SEGA ID.

My problem was that my laptop wouldn't charge, and there for can't be on to enjoy the game. I sent it in for repairs and that was the only problem, an external one not internal.

I check my email and I did intact received the e-mail that said that I was chosen for the beta. Before then I did in fact sign up for SEGA ID.

...Then I clicked on the link to get the installer for the game. I downloaded the installer, but not the game itself.

So with that being said... I AM set right? :-?

Mike
May 24, 2012, 10:34 PM
So with that being said... I AM set right? :-?
You're set.

goldwing
May 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
I sincerely hope that the CAST supremacy movement isn't nearly as strong as it was in PSU....I watched people get kicked from parties simple because they weren't CASTs. And when I pipped up about them being removed, I was spoken down upon.

Woah really dude??? Thats just as stuiped as raceism... -shake my head- i agree with u being disgusting

Enforcer MKV
May 24, 2012, 11:10 PM
"Strongly" believing in a certain race being 'superior' to others (not in a stat-based way, but in a socially-accepted way) on a goddamn video game is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life.

Like yeah, joking about it is fine, albeit still annoying at times. But shunning and scorning people because they aren't playing the race you consider the "best" is borderline retarded.

I completely agree. It's a damn game. Don't discriminate against people in the virtual world. We have enough of that in the real world.

B Plus
May 24, 2012, 11:31 PM
Somebody on bumped.org mentioned that they've been accepted into the POBT. Has anyone else been accepted that haven't previously played the other test?

Mike
May 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
Somebody on bumped.org mentioned that they've been accepted into the POBT. Has anyone else been accepted that haven't previously played the other test?
Unlike previous tests, everyone is accepted. All you have to do is signup.

Chik'Tikka
May 24, 2012, 11:49 PM
quick question, for those of us that played CBT, do we get any sort of e-mail about POBT? as far as i know, i don't do nothin until the launcher updates itself+^_^+

goldwing
May 25, 2012, 12:38 AM
quick question, for those of us that played CBT, do we get any sort of e-mail about POBT? as far as i know, i don't do nothin until the launcher updates itself+^_^+

So far we dont know but i would assume we will get our email when pobt is near or arrives. Like a news letter as mike stated in an earlyer post.

CelestialBlade
May 25, 2012, 04:23 AM
Given that it's about a month out, I wouldn't expect to get any feedback on it for a while. By nature of being an open beta we all get accepted, it's just a matter of waiting for Sega to put up a client download or for us to run our closed beta clients so it can patch.

Miyoko
May 25, 2012, 07:04 AM

You should've seen Vanilla WoW! :O Poor priests...

Captt
May 25, 2012, 10:59 AM
How exactly do you write out the birthday information on the site?

Randomness
May 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
How exactly do you write out the birthday information on the site?

Year Month Day I think. Oh, and you have to use two digits for both month and day, it won't let you use just one for some reason. (So 02 instead of 2)

Captt
May 25, 2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks man, cheers!!

NeonaPulsar
May 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
A question for what seems like the appropreate thread: If we already have a SEGA ID, when the open-beta arrives, will it be as easy as logging in to play?

Blackheart521
May 25, 2012, 04:09 PM
A question for what seems like the appropreate thread: If we already have a SEGA ID, when the open-beta arrives, will it be as easy as logging in to play?

that depends, If you have a Sega ID but weren't in the CBT you need to register but If you were then just sit back and twiddle your thumbs till we get to play.

NeonaPulsar
May 25, 2012, 04:11 PM
*Begins twiddling my thumbs*

doomdragon83
May 25, 2012, 04:48 PM

I posted this in another thread, this is for people with SegaID but haven't signed up for closed beta. Ignore this if you had played the closed beta:

After trying out some things, I figured it out for those who have a SegaID but hasn't registered for the beta yet.
Go to the registration site:
http://pso2.jp/preentry/

click the link where you see it
http://i50.tinypic.com/316xfr8.jpg

or just use this (it's the same thing):
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

From there, you put in your SegaID, password, and do that damn captcha (make use of this site to help with that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana). Once that's done, you'll have to agree to the terms of service, click the top button and you'll be set for preOB.

Peejay
May 25, 2012, 07:31 PM
You should've seen Vanilla WoW! :O Poor priests...

To be fair, classes didn't matter, but gnomes got dumped on hardcore.

Enforcer MKV
May 25, 2012, 07:48 PM

It's always the little people. Surprisingly, people were okay with dwarves. At least no one ever bothered me....

Wait, this is off topic. Uh. Uh....

PSO2! YAAAAAY! \o/

Vintasticvin
May 25, 2012, 09:12 PM
With the new FOcasts thats comming out I may be tempted to actualy main a cast O_O Strange isnt it? ANd yes Im highly curious how they play and their stat growth.

Enforcer MKV
May 25, 2012, 09:16 PM
With the new FOcasts thats comming out I may be tempted to actualy main a cast O_O Strange isnt it? ANd yes Im highly curious how they play and their stat growth.

You shoot fireballs and beat things with a f**king stick, what's not to like? :wacko:

Vintasticvin
May 25, 2012, 10:02 PM
You shoot fireballs and beat things with a f**king stick, what's not to like? :wacko:

But as a robot :D And it gets health regen!

Miyoko
May 26, 2012, 04:31 AM

Not true. Night Elf (and to a lesser extent, human) priests , and any non-undead priests hordeside, faced some retarded "in game racism" with the differences in racial talents and whatnot.

And just like PSO2, the people who care THAT much about stuff have WAAAAY too much time on their hands!

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 06:20 AM
Not true. Night Elf (and to a lesser extent, human) priests , and any non-undead priests hordeside, faced some retarded "in game racism" with the differences in racial talents and whatnot.

And just like PSO2, the people who care THAT much about stuff have WAAAAY too much time on their hands!

Well can you blame em? If they go outside they might get falcon punched because Marth botched up the order.

Raging Ghost
May 26, 2012, 09:10 AM

Well, storyline-wise, CASTs were the goverment in PSU.

Hell, the reason of why I took a CAST in PSZero is because they regenerate health.

Ce'Nedra
May 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
*Begins twiddling my thumbs*

*does this since CBT ended*

russellah
May 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
What do i need to do to register if i already have a sega account?

Enforcer MKV
May 26, 2012, 11:01 PM
Well, storyline-wise, CASTs were the goverment in PSU.

Hell, the reason of why I took a CAST in PSZero is because they regenerate health.

My understanding is that CASTs were only Parum's government, but lots of CASTs in general had a huge chip on their shoulder. Neumans were similar, because they were portrayed as very religious, and a major part of the primary religion, but CASTs mainly came across as, well....just plain racism and a bunch of jerks.

...And I just chose CASTs because I'm a fan of freaking robots. And Guns. Gimnas set all the way. I'm happy looking like a Gundam. Gundams are freaking awesome. XD

Mike
May 26, 2012, 11:21 PM
If you've already registered for a PSO2 test, then nothing. If you just have the Sega ID, then you'll need to log in and register for it.

doomdragon83
May 27, 2012, 01:04 AM
read my post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2757005&postcount=220)

Raging Ghost
May 27, 2012, 03:28 PM
So, anyone hopes that there will be new weapon classes for the open beta?

Kazzi
May 27, 2012, 03:39 PM

Played on in the closed beta. The stat difference at the lower levels is too minor to make any real noticeable difference to the damage. As long as you charge your techs before you use them I was hitting the same as the FOnewearl next to me. They'd probably be able to tank a lot better and do some average melee damage in the later levels. You couldn't really tell with the max being 20.

Nickamortis
May 29, 2012, 03:24 AM
Long time reader of the news on here
first time poster.

Im trying to register for the beta, but when it asks me to choose a SEGA ID is where I have trouble. I used google translate and it said that I need to use 6-30 half-width characters. Ive tried all lowercase, 1 capital and the rest lowercase, then both types with a number added, but still no luck, I get this message https://iway.isao.net/sega/img/btn_id_ok.gif

any ideas? Do I have to pick Japanese characters?

Nickamortis
May 29, 2012, 04:00 AM
^ sorry, I bet I really sounded dumb there, I'm tired and figured out it had to do with my birthday

Also, sorry for double-posting, wasn't sure how to edit the first.

Ezodagrom
May 29, 2012, 07:22 AM
Long time reader of the news on here
first time poster.

Im trying to register for the beta, but when it asks me to choose a SEGA ID is where I have trouble. I used google translate and it said that I need to use 6-30 half-width characters. Ive tried all lowercase, 1 capital and the rest lowercase, then both types with a number added, but still no luck, I get this message https://iway.isao.net/sega/img/btn_id_ok.gif

any ideas? Do I have to pick Japanese characters?
That message means that no one else is using the username you've chosen and you can use that username.

Nickamortis
May 29, 2012, 03:37 PM
That message means that no one else is using the username you've chosen and you can use that username.

Yeah, I was really tired and overly excited about the open beta xD
Thanks

kushking
May 29, 2012, 11:27 PM
Which is accept for the terms of use? Top or bottom?

http://i48.tinypic.com/2eea9mr.png

KunoMochi
May 30, 2012, 12:07 AM
The long one right below the "Terms of Use" information.

GeoSword
May 31, 2012, 03:40 AM
I didn't see this answered, so I'll ask: For those who invited to the Closed Beta Test (who got an invitation from another person who was accepted earlier on) do they have to sign-up for the Pre-test or are they automatically set-up? I ask also because there are several people who aren't sure what to do.

BIG OLAF
May 31, 2012, 03:50 AM
I didn't see this answered, so I'll ask: For those who invited to the Closed Beta Test (who got an invitation from another person who was accepted earlier on) do they have to sign-up for the Pre-test or are they automatically set-up? I ask also because there are several people who aren't sure what to do.

If you played in any of the previous tests, you're in without signing up. You're good to go. Don't have to lift a finger.

...unless you uninstalled the PSO2 launcher client. You'll need that again.

Even the people who just signed up for the PSO2 newsletter, and didn't even play in the Closed Beta are good to go.

GeoSword
May 31, 2012, 04:04 AM
If you played in any of the previous tests, you're in without signing up. You're good to go. Don't have to lift a finger.

Ah, OK. I can relay that to others that bit of information.

Thanks, Big O.

Michuu
May 31, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hey is there a place on that website to download it? I found a torrent link for it in someone's post, but I don't wanna slow down the internet. I was thinking maybe under the Sega Management, but I'd have to type Japanese letters and I don't quite have the ability to do that or figure out upon all the letters... what to copy and paste properly.

njdss4
May 31, 2012, 03:40 PM
I just got an email from SEGA about PSO2 but I couldn't figure out what it was saying since it was all in Japanese. I used a translator but the email was still gibberish. Anyone else get this email? Anyone know what it's supposed to say?

Also, I recently had to wipe my HDD and reinstall Windows, so where can I get the launcher again? Hope I get a response. Thanks.

BIG OLAF
May 31, 2012, 03:41 PM
I just got an email from SEGA about PSO2 but I couldn't figure out what it was saying since it was all in Japanese. I used a translator but the email was still gibberish. Anyone else get this email? Anyone know what it's supposed to say?

Basically this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195128).

Also, I recently had to wipe my HDD and reinstall Windows, so where can I get the launcher again? Hope I get a response. Thanks.

That, I don't remember. Probably somewhere on the PSO2 site.

Chik'Tikka
May 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
i did not get this e-mail, and i played in CBT, (invited by another forumer) should i be worried?+^_^+

njdss4
May 31, 2012, 04:15 PM
Basically this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195128).

That, I don't remember. Probably somewhere on the PSO2 site.

Thanks. I'll keep looking for the launcher.

BIG OLAF
May 31, 2012, 04:18 PM
i did not get this e-mail, and i played in CBT, (invited by another forumer) should i be worried?+^_^+

Doing a smile-face after the word "worried" looks odd. Also, I would go sign up for the newsletter to be safe.