PDA

View Full Version : Hype and no US version in sight?

xenokai
May 23, 2012, 10:04 PM
Huge PSO fan, played PSO/v2/bb on DC/GC/PC. Really didnt like PSU but am hyped for PSO2. Anyway tons of people on here seem hyped for PSO2 but there is no word or info on a US release at all. What if it never even comes to the US? Hopefully somthign at E3?

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
then we play on the jp servers

D-Inferno
May 23, 2012, 10:09 PM
Wait until E3 before you start worrying about the US version.

~Inu~
May 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
then we play on the jp servers

Exactly why i'm not concerned. It happens or it doesn't. It happens later then oh well.

Strider_M
May 23, 2012, 10:40 PM
I have a feeling that the open beta would be for Japan only and when it converts to release, it'll be available for all supported languages; including english.

goldwing
May 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
Exactly why i'm not concerned. It happens or it doesn't. It happens later then oh well.
right on

@ M. your prob right to.

Shadownami92
May 24, 2012, 04:34 AM
Do we really need all of these "Will PSO2 ever get localized/come to the US/get english translations?" threads? I mean I'm sure a quick search through the PSO2 portion of the forums will find any and all information required to get your answer.

Either way PSO2 is still in development, like...in beta. Lots of times you won't hear about localization until a game is closer to being completed and lots of times only after it's release in the country it was originally created for.

Holylifestar
May 24, 2012, 08:36 AM
I have a feeling that the open beta would be for Japan only and when it converts to release, it'll be available for all supported languages; including english.

Actually no, somewhere there was news of an alpha test coming to the US early-mid summer.

Rhypht
May 24, 2012, 08:46 AM
They don't release it in the US, then we just play on their servers. Someone will quickly translate a good majority, if not all, of the game just as they did in the CB. If Sega throws down an IP lock, I'm sure someone will find their way around it and share it with us. The only bad thing about that is possibly the real money aspect of the game, since I don't think they'd accept USD transactions for a game that's only in Japan.

To be honest, everyone knows that releasing it solely in Japan would be a really stupid move for Sega, regardless of what we personally want. Even though there is not any news on an international release at this time, I highly doubt they would restrict such a game to one region, especially because PSO1 was played elsewhere and developed quite a following.

RocSage
May 24, 2012, 09:28 AM
Actually no, somewhere there was news of an alpha test coming to the US early-mid summer.

Don't spread nonsense that came from an idiot on 4chan.

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 12:14 PM
"Stay off of our servers gaijins theres a reason that the testing is in japan only besides you should worry more about your warcraft beta testings. Me and the rest of the japanese community hope its japan only and have an ip lock so we wont have w repeat of psu again... Leave or we will do all in our power to have lso 2 canceled and ruined. We dont mind not having pso2 if it means keeping our server region clean!"

Lol I wonder if someone thats a jp server native posted something like this in an english forumlm

Taitu
May 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
They don't release it in the US, then we just play on their servers. Someone will quickly translate a good majority, if not all, of the game just as they did in the CB. If Sega throws down an IP lock, I'm sure someone will find their way around it and share it with us. The only bad thing about that is possibly the real money aspect of the game, since I don't think they'd accept USD transactions for a game that's only in Japan.

To be honest, everyone knows that releasing it solely in Japan would be a really stupid move for Sega, regardless of what we personally want. Even though there is not any news on an international release at this time, I highly doubt they would restrict such a game to one region, especially because PSO1 was played elsewhere and developed quite a following.

As someone who played Japanese SMT Imagine and bought cash shop items from it I can say that your region doesn't matter when it comes to cash shop purchases. It will charge your card the yen amount and just take the conversion of USD out of your account.

~Inu~
May 24, 2012, 12:44 PM
"Stay off of our servers gaijins theres a reason that the testing is in japan only besides you should worry more about your warcraft beta testings. Me and the rest of the japanese community hope its japan only and have an ip lock so we wont have w repeat of psu again... Leave or we will do all in our power to have lso 2 canceled and ruined. We dont mind not having pso2 if it means keeping our server region clean!"

Lol I wonder if someone thats a jp server native posted something like this in an english forumlm

That smells of troll.
I would die a little inside if they really wanted to ruin PSO2 because of us... Meaning we're bigger PSO fans then them!!

aduran
May 24, 2012, 12:51 PM
im sorry but if you are a true fan, you wouldnt mind playing the import. just my opinion.

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
That smells of troll.
I would die a little inside if they really wanted to ruin PSO2 because of us... Meaning we're bigger PSO fans then them!!

D: I know right?! That would be so uncool!!!!!!

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
im sorry but if you are a true fan, you wouldnt mind playing the import. just my opinion.

I tried playing Jp psu... It didnt feel right but I will admit 4th and 5th floors wernt plagued by spam

Powder Keg
May 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
A lot more people than before will be playing the JP version of PSU--especially if the servers are separated.

In fact, I will likely be actively campaigning for people to not support the US release if they're separated.

Neith
May 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
I'll be playing JP so I don't end up disappointed in a couple years when the US version is lagging behind the JP version. That's assuming there even is a US version, PSP2 Infinity didn't make it (mind, that was a minor title in comparison).

I just got sick of being way behind in terms of content and not even getting to experience some of it so I'd gladly play PSO2 JP instead.

Powder Keg
May 24, 2012, 02:50 PM
The greatest part is you can just mess with the US version for free to help translate/learn everything. But I'm sure the awesome translators we have around here will continue to be awesome as well.

Enforcer MKV
May 24, 2012, 02:55 PM
My only real concern with playing on JP servers is the fracturing of the community when (if) they release paid expansions.

*sigh* I know they won't probably see this, but...

Sega, please just support everyone the same.

D-Inferno
May 24, 2012, 03:08 PM
Don't forget, the game DOES have a language option. Even if we don't get US servers/the US servers suck/they shut down early, it's still possible that the Japanese game may still have an English option.

Ryo
May 24, 2012, 03:08 PM
Here are my thoughts:

1) I'll be playing on the JP servers, namely because I'm impatient, and I refuse to switch after I've put money into using Ryo.

2) I think there will be a US release, F2P/Cash Shop games are gaining in popularity here, and there's a wide potential userbase to exploit.

3) I think servers will be merged, as they were in the original PSO because SEGA seems to be taking much care to keep a lot of the previous game's spirit in this release.

4) I do think there will be JP Ships and US Ships, so I think there will be a certain level of segregation, as we can no longer freely move between ships, but I don't think they'll stop JP residents from joining US ships and vice-versa.

5) None of any of this matters, because we'll all be on Ship 2, Block 20 and I don't see them building a translation framework (there's a language option in client settings) without offering other language options in the future, one of which will be English.

jmanx
May 24, 2012, 03:14 PM
The patch made me forget US even existed

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 03:23 PM
Gaijins stay off our servers or we'll do worse than player kill like we did back in blue burst. Please remember that you yourselves killed your own servers with hackung and modding. I for one will be "killing" those importers who just logs in and goes idle..

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 03:33 PM
Ps. Chill peoplez im a SoA region player and for light's sake we will all be tossed into and share the same server so please shut the eff up already sides things are in production.

Gama
May 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
again with the labels, 1 person hacks psu, all gajins are hackers...

why such agressive behavior?

Neo Flint
May 24, 2012, 03:53 PM
Localizing is the least of my worries at this point. What I really want is a cute looking afro to go on my females. I'm also concerned about it being playable on my laptop. ._.

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 04:30 PM
Localizing is the least of my worries at this point. What I really want is a cute looking afro to go on my females. I'm also concerned about it being playable on my laptop. ._.

If you snagged the character editor demo you can tinker with the graphics settings and adjust to your liking and im sure our laptops will be able to handle the awesomeness that is pso2

Neo Flint
May 24, 2012, 04:38 PM
Even at the lowest settings, I've still been noticing some frame rate issues in the benchmark thing. Nothing too horrible-looking but it's still worth maintaining.

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
Sad face Neo Flint, very sadface. :(

shiink
May 24, 2012, 05:47 PM
Just play on the Japanese servers. I don't use any translations, but I do know that not everyone is skilled at nihongo. I must be weird thinking that seeing the game in japanese just feels more natural and "vanilla" to me. Besides there are plenty of people who are helping to make legitimate resources available to us so that we can all enjoy the game. Not to mention that the US version is always lagging behind. ^^

Chik'Tikka
May 24, 2012, 06:01 PM
Even at the lowest settings, I've still been noticing some frame rate issues in the benchmark thing. Nothing too horrible-looking but it's still worth maintaining.

The CBT ran a good deal smoother on my laptop compared the benchmark tester, you might even be able to turn that slider up a notch or 2 when OBT launches+^_^+

Gama
May 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
honestly pso2 runs at max settings on my laptop 30-29 framerate "wich is like the minimum decent framerate" but ill probbly play in lower settings so my lappie dosent burst into flames "summer isnt good for hot chips" i just use max settings for screens anyway.

kirtblue
May 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
seems abit eairly to be worried about this
threads like this seem to be host to rummors giving false hope and whatnot
if nothing is mentioned at e3 then feel free to freak everyone out

Xenobia
May 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
Lagging behind? The US version is usualy a archaeological object freshly found out of a dryed out egg. Game buisness is incredible short living and new stuff hype is insane, not even a Apple machine is having more of "new hype-ship". Thats the reason why Microsoft even dare to treat game developers in a harsh manner when it comes to the release of new games. They do strictly demand to release the games at the same time on XBox such as on any other system else there will be a penalty. Time is a serious matter, those who are faster are always at advantage. Surely, for Sega putting the needs of "rest of the world" lower than the need of "japanese" can break theyr bones, because Japan is a pretty much saturated market while the markets outside are growing. Nowadays the US market for example at the newest FF franchise (FF13 and such) is bigger than the japanese market, thats still without EU and other market shares.

Egner
May 29, 2012, 12:11 AM
I don't understand why people are all about a US release?!

People should just wish for them to have a english, or jp option..It's not that big of a deal, and if they don't, then someone will just make an english translator, it's not like it really matters.

Ryo
May 29, 2012, 02:21 PM
I don't understand why people are all about a US release?!

People should just wish for them to have a english, or jp option..It's not that big of a deal, and if they don't, then someone will just make an english translator, it's not like it really matters.

Agreed. There's a language option built-in already, though not usable yet. I'm sure the JP Client will get an official translation from Sega, that or we'll have an English patch before then.

Either way, I'm sticking with the JP servers, as they'll be up longer and get more updates.

Enforcer MKV
May 29, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'm still pulling for one big (dysfunctional) server family. Not so naive with them having language options and all....but please, for the love of cheese, Sega, give me the option to play with Japanese VO and English text, please please please?

...and go through Steam, I'll support you more. D:

xenokai
May 29, 2012, 03:34 PM
Don't forget, the game DOES have a language option. Even if we don't get US servers/the US servers suck/they shut down early, it's still possible that the Japanese game may still have an English option.

PSO for dc and GC there servers stayed up for a long time, server were turned off on psu early because the game wasnt that great and wasnt enough people playing to warrant keeping it going.