PDA

View Full Version : Real reason/function behind Ship locked characters?

MegaZoneXE
May 25, 2012, 10:50 PM
While we [PSO-World] play on Ship 02. I heard members of Gamefaqs played on Ship 04, Reddit members played in Ship 06 and so on

This community is large but i still feel some sort of separation between the others lol.

Also in CBT they mentioned we moved to another server after they extended it (giving us lv10 instantly) (i feel this will be a recurring thing in the game or something similar..)

Does ship locking characters just make things organized client side or could there be more to it?

NoiseHERO
May 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
Nobody was giving us level 10 instantly for joining ship 6... e_e

They unlocked ship 6 for stress testing and rewarded people that played on the ship and GOT to level 10. Obviously as incentive to get as many people as possible to crowd ship 6. And it seems like they made it so that you could invite friends into the beta (including EVERYONE that signed up getting in anyway) SPECIFICALLY for stress testing.

I'm pretty sure right now that's all they care about. Making sure their server doesn't get diarrhea from too many people playing on it. I think most games only have multiple ships, especially asian online games that have like 20 servers. Because a lot of people fill up all of that space in general.

BIG OLAF
May 25, 2012, 10:56 PM
...and why, oh why, would we want to play with the GameFAQs or Reddit communities?

I'm glad they'll be separated from us.

Powder Keg
May 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
What do you mean, ship locked characters?

Don't tell me whatever ship you choose you're stuck on and the community will be separated? There's simply no way...

BIG OLAF
May 25, 2012, 11:14 PM
What do you mean, ship locked characters?

Don't tell me whatever ship you choose you're stuck on and the community will be separated? There's simply no way...

You make a character on a Ship, it stays on that Ship only. Same with any other character on any other Ship.

I made Nassandra and Andromeda on Ship 2 during the Closed Beta. They stayed there. Weren't available on any other Ship I accessed. I'd have had to have remade them on, say, Ship 5 if I wanted to "move" there (until SEGA incorporates a server transfer feature, which i think they are).

KunoMochi
May 25, 2012, 11:19 PM
So it's pretty much like almost every other MMO when it comes to servers. Pick a server, create a character on it, and you're stuck with playing on that server with that character.

I would've liked if you can always choose your own server, though, as it would provide some level of traffic control.

~Inu~
May 25, 2012, 11:32 PM
So it's pretty much like almost every other MMO when it comes to servers. Pick a server, create a character on it, and you're stuck with playing on that server with that character.

I would've liked if you can always choose your own server, though, as it would provide some level of traffic control.

Nah, I think keeping some of the communities separate in any MMO is a smart move.
I'm with Olaf on this one, PSO-World's community is a little different from GameFAQ'ers and Redditors.
They can stick to their community and we can stick to ours.
It really shouldn't affect the game experience, as you can pick the kind of community you want to stick with.

foreignreign
May 26, 2012, 12:04 AM
Each Ship gets its own server hardware, is my guess.

Hence ship-locked characters.

And my guess for why they're reluctant about ship transfers is probably because for whatever reason they didn't think to build that into the game engine/network layer, so they'll probably have to specifically add that kind of functionality to the game if they want to go ahead with it. Which would be annoying at this stage of the game since they're mostly done game feature development and want to just work on content/server maintenance.

Resanoca
May 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
There was talk of being able to change ships at the cost of AC. Haven't heard anything on that since they first mentioned it though.

Chik'Tikka
May 26, 2012, 12:11 AM
I'm new to this community, but i think i like this community the best (out of Phantasy Star oriented communities)+^_^+ and yeah, i only played on ship 6 (i got an invite from a kind person here on PSOW) and only got 10ish hours in, and it was one of the best times I've had since i first discovered MMOs+^_^+ ima totally go to ship 2 and play with all of you+^_^+ as for why characters are server locked, it's to keep drives on multiple servers from filling up with unused info and probably to help keep fragmentation and other account related maintenance down, I'm sure down the line they'll let us port our info from one server to another, but probably for a fee+^_^+

Reia
May 26, 2012, 12:20 AM
While we [PSO-World] play on Ship 02. I heard members of Gamefaqs played on Ship 04, Reddit members played in Ship 06 and so on

Wrong wrong wrong!

Ship 1: Most of soloing elite casuals (Inclunding myself).
Ship 2: PSO-World/And some other MMO communities that are associated with this community.
Ship 3: Reddit.
Ship 4: 4chan. (GameFaqs is dragged with /a/, /v/ and /jp/)
Ship 5: Major foreign gaming clans.

I can tell this from being often in other communities than just PSO-W.

Chik'Tikka
May 26, 2012, 12:25 AM
Wrong wrong wrong!

Ship 2: PSO-World/And some other MMO communities that are associated with this community.
Ship 4: 4chan.

you didn't say who played on ship 6..... or where GameFAQs were....
+^_^+

Reia
May 26, 2012, 12:27 AM
I edited before you re-posted, and you don't need to quote what's above you lmao. I don't see anyone referring themselves as Ship-6 as their favourite spot. I'm just saying what I see from most chatrooms and forums.

As for all my contacts who chatted with me and I don't doubt their skill, they prefer to play on Ship-1, while all the Attention Whoos and inflated egoballs will prefer ship-2 instead.

Chik'Tikka
May 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
lol, attention whoos+^_^+ well considering we only get one free character and i prefer English speaking players, i'll probably stick with ship 2 and avoid egoballs and other unsavories as much as i can (like i do in PSU)+^_^+

MegaZoneXE
May 26, 2012, 12:38 AM
i misread what occurred in the extensio of CBT. if you made a charc at that time and REACHED lv10 you would receive FUN pts.

Wrong wrong wrong!

Ship 4: 4chan. (GameFaqs is dragged with /a/, /v/ and /jp/)

Thanks.

BIG OLAF
May 26, 2012, 12:49 AM
Ship 1: Most of soloing elite casuals

The bolded phrase is nonsensical. "Elite" and "casual" are directly contradictory. Also, why would someone exclusively solo? That's stupid. I agree with not really running with randoms/people you don't know, but PSO2 is a game best enjoyed talking and having a good time with friends.

Powder Keg
May 26, 2012, 12:53 AM
That is the dumbest idea ever for a game like this, which has never had an incredibly large community they begin with.

Source considered, I guess.

goldwing
May 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
The bolded phrase is nonsensical. "Elite" and "casual" are directly contradictory. Also, why would someone exclusively solo? That's stupid. I agree with not really running with randoms/people you don't know, but PSO2 is a game best enjoyed talking and having a good time with friends.
....... i soloed........... and even tho one of my friends in rl is goingg to b playing pso 2 i still plan on soloing......... that bad?

BIG OLAF
May 26, 2012, 01:18 AM
....... i soloed........... and even tho one of my friends in rl is goingg to b playing pso 2 i still plan on soloing......... that bad?

You can do what you want, but there's a whole community of great people here (and someone you physically know) to party/have a good time with, and make awesome memories with.

So....why wouldn't you seize that opportunity?

lostinseganet
May 26, 2012, 01:21 AM
Why not fight over it" in PvP. Perhaps every Ship can have a castle like structure, and one a month gamers can fight over open spots...and closed ones. That would give the PvPers a nice thing to fight about. Nonfighters will have to pick an unpopular server...Maybe winners can also get special one month privileges. Like an open room and clothes.

Chik'Tikka
May 26, 2012, 01:24 AM

with or without NPCs, bots and MAGs?+^_^+

goldwing
May 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
with or without NPCs, bots and MAGs?+^_^+

Well i have to take my mag... sparky is my only true friend.... i never use npc. I spit at immatations of human life -spits- lol no but really i only soloed with my mag no npcs

Reia
May 26, 2012, 02:06 AM

As a person who enjoys discussion just like yourself let me remark you're mistaking "Elite" with "Elitist".

Elite: Someone who has developed their knowledge skills and outstands the average. Always give great performance when it comes in comparison. Anyone can be elite as long as they play way better than the average players.

Elitist: Someone who dedicates his whole life to turn average players into elites, and try to shine his elitism as it fullest as a prime example to follow for them.

As for soloer it means a player that is totally up for playing alone, and can withstand the threats, hassles and consequences of doing such thing. Even knowing that playing alone is not the optimal way.

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 02:08 AM
The point of being casual is that you don't take games seriously enough to be elite.

You can be a casual with the skills of an elite...

You can be a casual with no friends with the skills of an elite so you always solo...

But a casual calling themself an elite, and vice versa...

NO! you gotta pick one!

Or at least say you have an "elite" on and off switch.

Also. Fuck elitists!

BIG OLAF
May 26, 2012, 02:12 AM
Have to agree with Fleet Commander Eastwood.

If an "Elite" is someone who wants to be the very best (like no one ever was!), and considers themselves "better than the average player", then that is the exact opposite of a "casual", who just wants to enjoy the game at face value and not bust their nuts over the 'best' gear and 'best' strategies, and considers themselves "just another player."

I'm still seeing the direct contradiction.

EDIT: For the record, I consider myself this:

You can be a casual with the skills of an elite...

because I have the skill and intelligence to be extremely good at these kinds of games, but I simply choose to put fun and friends first. I don't need to have maxed out gear to be 'good.' I know I'm good with what I have.

Reia
May 26, 2012, 02:12 AM
You can have friends but don't match in timezone or are busier than you, and won't adjust your everytime to play with them, neither you're looking to play with strangers. That's what a soloer is. You can adquire the elite status by simply knowing the path you must take and not giving up. You are a casual if you don't take this game as your primary need in life.

Also how come you accuse me of self proclaiming myself just labelled into that group just because I said I myself included in the Ship-1? : p No one is identical to each other!

The elite are a group or class deemed to be in some way superior than the average.

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 02:26 AM
You are a casual if you don't take this game as your primary need in life.

But then EVERYONE is a casual gamer. D:

I warn you! taking actual definitions in place of what people are actually trying to convey doesn't settle arguments! That's how Zyru kept getting 20 pages of e-arguments. Not that I'd call this an argument, but yeah... I still see a contradiction between an "elite" and a "casual" in quotes now because we all have different definitions for them it seems. D:

Also I played on ship 1 and only a little bit on 2/6 because all my friends hate PSOWorlders. I'd still call my self a skilled/experienced casual. Well... experienced at least, I'm still a klutz in game and in real life even when I get "serious." BUT I GET THE JOB DONE!

Oh in iono about Olaf but I never insulted you... YOU'D KNOW IT!, YOU'D FEEL DAT BURN!

BIG OLAF
May 26, 2012, 02:29 AM
Oh in iono about Olaf but I never insulted you...

Nor did I. I never insulted her or accused her of 'self-proclaiming.' Not sure where that came from.

Konflyk
May 26, 2012, 02:56 AM

I'm only implying this based on that fact that Spanish would be your primary language, English being the second, Elite/Casual are like White/Black you cannot be both it's one or the other. You take the game serious, or you play it at face value like Olaf said earlier. For the record "soloer" has absolutely nothing to do with being a Elite or Casual, you either like soloing, solo a lot, or hate it

Hrith
May 26, 2012, 03:06 AM
That is the dumbest idea ever for a game like this, which has never had an incredibly large community they begin with.Indeed. They greatly reduced the number of ships on PSU when they realised the community was way too small for so many ships (although characters were not ship-locked, but whatever).

My guess is that the same will happen, after a while.

As a person who enjoys discussion just like yourself let me remark you're mistaking "Elite" with "Elitist".

Elite: Someone who has developed their knowledge skills and outstands the average. Always give great performance when it comes in comparison. Anyone can be elite as long as they play way better than the average players.

Elitist: Someone who dedicates his whole life to turn average players into elites, and try to shine his elitism as it fullest as a prime example to follow for them.Yeah, and you're neither.

As for soloer it means a player that is totally up for playing alone, and can withstand the threats, hassles and consequences of doing such thing. Even knowing that playing alone is not the optimal way.PSO2 is A LOT easier when soloing, and will slow down any hunt undertaken because of the low amount of enemies and random events.

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 03:16 AM
PSO2 is A LOT easier when soloing, and will slow down any hunt undertaken because of the low amount of enemies and random events.

I hope this isn't related to RARE hunting when you say "hunt"

Technically you'd WANT more monsters, and 3 other people to share drops with to divide your chances be 4 since everyone has unique drops... Assuming you have friends you can trust- SERIOUSLY, YOU GUYS NEED BETTER FRIENDS!

Otherwise no matter what you do, the bigger areas are gonna throw multi-parties in your face... or in GENERAL you can just run to the end.

Though I do like how they made it seem interrupt events would be like extra mini/side missions. But most of them you actually CAN'T continue till you beat em. So they're more like mandatory mini bosses(or ACTUAL bosses sometimes...) or that one group of badguys in a beat em up game you can't just walk past.

I still prefer it over,"unrealistically kill every single thing that moves before you proceed with your mission" like PSO/PSU though.

But I digress... *watching too many clement vids*

rubykid15
May 26, 2012, 07:34 AM
I dont see how the communities make a difference. They all have the same amount of idiots we had on Ship 2 already.

catwat
May 26, 2012, 08:51 AM
Just as in any other MMORPG it is to divide people in to servers to keep the server load low and divide into channels to make it less crowded and lagfree for people, simple as that.

Syphio
May 26, 2012, 09:07 AM
Should we try to make the English-speakin' community bigger by spreading the "Ship 02" propaganda or something?

moorebounce
May 26, 2012, 09:13 AM
You can make one free character on each ship which is good. The bad thing is if you have friends on different ships you'll have to start fresh. They should allow you transfer to each ship out the box but I'm guessing each ship is a different server. Maybe the characters are losing something in the transfers.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
You can make one free character on each ship which is good. The bad thing is if you have friends on different ships you'll have to start fresh. They should allow you transfer to each ship out the box but I'm guessing each ship is a different server. Maybe the characters are losing something in the transfers.

wait... one free character on EACH ship? I thought it was one free character total... now I can't remember if I payed AC for my Ship 6 character or not.... can someone confirm this?

Spellbinder
May 26, 2012, 09:57 AM
As far as I am aware, you're allowed one free character and that's it. Not a free character per ship.

There was talk of being able to change ships at the cost of AC. Haven't heard anything on that since they first mentioned it though.

The PSO2 briefing is very foggy in my brain, more so because he was speaking in Japanese, but Sakai was explaining to the audience pretty much what catwat said.

Just as in any other MMORPG it is to divide people in to servers to keep the server load low and divide into channels to make it less crowded and lagfree for people, simple as that.

As for transferring between ships, all he said is that they're testing and looking into it. He didn't mention any hint of charging AC for it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

moorebounce
May 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
wait... one free character on EACH ship? I thought it was one free character total... now I can't remember if I payed AC for my Ship 6 character or not.... can someone confirm this?

I don't remember having to pay for my character on ship 4 (which I never ended up using) and I didn't make one for ship 6. I think since you couldn't transfer your characters between ships I think you did get a free one for each.

Mike
May 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
I don't remember having to pay for my character on ship 4 (which I never ended up using) and I didn't make one for ship 6. I think since you couldn't transfer your characters between ships I think you did get a free one for each.
Nope. One character slot in total. I remember having to use AC to get a character slot on ship 6 during the extended closed beta.

kyuuketsuki
May 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
My memory is that I had to pay AC to create my character on ship 6. Could be mistaken though.

As for the OT, having separate servers that your characters are locked to is a norm in the MMO market. There are technical benefits to it, as well as giving them the ability to monetize transfers, which they are obviously going to do.

MrFortegunner
May 26, 2012, 02:31 PM
...and why, oh why, would we want to play with the GameFAQs or Reddit communities?

I want to play with the GameFAQs community T~T. They're mah boys man.

Reia
May 26, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, and you're neither.

Thank you Captain Obvious! =3 Reapeating again that I stated that I quit the speedrunning years ago since I find it dumb and pointless. And during PSO you were a god-tier but in PSU not that much, I saw you using a handgun many times, one of the worst weapons of the game itself, and don't come out like you were joking about that, because you really sounded serious when I asked you many years ago.

What's the deal of trying to improve your avatar power just to achieve something you don't need to achieve for the goal achieving something you can already achieve from early point with your gaming skills!

Lol! I know that when someone points at my nation is a sign of looking down on me. I don't blame you for making such a rascist comment, this is a nation full and ruled by retard people! /offtopic

goldwing
May 26, 2012, 03:12 PM

I'm only implying this based on that fact that Spanish would be your primary language, English being the second, Elite/Casual are like White/Black you cannot be both it's one or the other. You take the game serious, or you play it at face value like Olaf said earlier. For the record "soloer" has absolutely nothing to do with being a Elite or Casual, you either like soloing, solo a lot, or hate it

Ummmm but im both white and black..... they call it mixed... uk wat i think ill just leave this thread :\

soulpimpwizzurd
May 26, 2012, 05:17 PM
Ummmm but im both white and black..... they call it mixed... uk wat i think ill just leave this thread :\

they call it mixed, I CALL IT DELISHUS FRAPPUCINO

Powder Keg
May 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
It's a stupid idea, period.

"Oh hey, let's meet up and trade items!"

"Sure, I'd like to team up with you"

"Oh hey, good to see you again, it'll be just like old times!"

Oops, our characters are on different servers.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

There's really no other way to explain it.

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 06:01 PM
It's a stupid idea, period.

"Oh hey, let's meet up and trade items!"

"Sure, I'd like to team up with you"

"Oh hey, good to see you again, it'll be just like old times!"

Oops, our characters are on different servers.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

There's really no other way to explain it.

Uhm... that's why we're deciding on the server NOW! D:

Like seriously, you're complaining about EVERY online game right now. @_@

BIG OLAF
May 26, 2012, 06:06 PM

I think he means the people that are a bit late to the party. Like one of his friends gets PSO2 but makes his character on Ship 4 without knowing that everyone else is on Ship 2. It would be a bummer until a server transfer feature was implemented.

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
^ Bleh, that IS annoying, but you know...

I dunno- I REALLY doubt someone's going to be like "OH THIS GAMES IN JAPANESE LEMME JUST PICK SHIP.................................6!!" when you want to find as much players like yourself as possible.

If you're picking a server/ship that's not 1,2 or the current LAST ship. You're ASKING to be isolated either way, Unless you're part of some group of people that decided on something specific(Like how PSOW chose ship 2). If I have a few alts on what should only be a FEW popular ships. 9 times out of 10? Problem solved.

Powder Keg
May 26, 2012, 06:21 PM

It's irrelevant what people here are choosing right now. Like I said, dumb idea, period. This game will not have that kind of population to support that for an extended period of time, especially with it being PC only.

I can guarantee you I will have people I teamed up with from different forums and different groups who will end up separated in some way. Whether it's here, official, or people I've teamed up with since PSO.

Silly inaccurate statement, lol.

Taitu
May 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
It's their own fault for not being informed. Server splits exist to keep server traffic down which in a completely action based MMO like PSO2 I believe is the most important thing. I'm impressed that PSU managed to get by with combined servers as it did(Speaking of which PSU had incredibly poor syncing and connectivity.)

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 07:01 PM
Silly inaccurate statement, lol.

And an Icky, uncool way to say "NO YOU'RE WRONG!" D:<

I'm pretty sure of the 97 MMOs I've played and got sick of playing after 5 minutes because I was 16 years old and hoped each new game would be different, I had to pick a server.

Of course, if we get a serialized version I'm pretty sure the most we'll get is 1 or 2 severs anyway...

I'm sure all of your long lost friends or whoever you meet outside the game (That you like enough to play with them after finding out they're into PSO2) aren't stupid, and will most likely end up on the same ship most other people will be on for the JAPANESE VERSION OF A BARELY MAINSTREAM UNPOPULAR ASIAN ONLINE GAME.

Like C'mon, Powder Keg...

You're being ridiculous, Powder Keg...

I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! D8<

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 08:52 PM
Well, until you get the try hards that proclaim certain servers contain more people of higher stature than others. Which is hilarious at best, and illogically moronic at worst.

I don't think anyone ever said that.

Like what was even said in the OP, different people will go to the groups they normally hang with. But if your chances are between 4chan, reddit, Gamefaqs and PSOW/Others that just pick the same ship PSOW is going to. Then yeah may as well go with PSOW...

Unless in general you'd rather just play with Japanese people or whoever.

So technically "YEAH SHIP 2 IS THE BEST COMMUNITY U ALL MAD," right now. Also I still doubt the US version is getting more than 2 ships if we're separated from JP servers.

RocSage
May 26, 2012, 08:56 PM
I don't think anyone ever said that.

Like what was even said in the OP, different people will go to the groups they normally hang with. But if your chances are between 4chan, reddit, Gamefaqs and PSOW/Others that just pick the same ship PSOW is going to. Then yeah may as well go with PSOW...

Unless in general you'd rather just play with Japanese people or whoever.

So technically "YEAH SHIP 2 IS THE BEST COMMUNITY U ALL MAD," right now. Also I still doubt the US version is getting more than 2 ships if we're separated from JP servers.

I don't care who is the best. I only care who is the worst, where they hang out, and how best to avoid them... So the important question is where is 4chan going and how do i not have to deal with them.

Konflyk
May 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
^ Ship 4

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2012, 10:52 PM
*Ba-dum-ch* :cheepcheep:

They DID pick ship 4 though, I hear.

Enforcer MKV
May 26, 2012, 11:03 PM
They DID pick ship 4 though, I hear.

.....so it's funny, and realistic at the same time.

Cheep Cheep is still amused. :cheepcheep:

soulpimpwizzurd
May 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
typically in a foreign game english players just flock to where ever has the most english players so ma boi rawk is right

most players that hear about pso2 will end up playing on ship 2 regardless, since it seems like most places have listed ship 2 as having the most english players, not just it being pso-w's ship.

Ghalion
May 27, 2012, 03:36 AM
I really don't know this community very well yet so I really can't say if ship 2 will be best for me. But I suspect it will be. While I actually don't watch anime or read manga, I tend to get along best with the "otaku" demograph, and all of the ones I know playing pso2 referred me to this site, and ship 2.

Chik'Tikka
May 27, 2012, 04:26 AM
This game will not have that kind of population to support that for an extended period of time, especially with it being PC only.

do not diss the power of free to play, of all the F2P MMOs I've played, the all had one thing in common, full servers (except 9dragons, but that game has the tiniest text and the weirdest controls, i mean what game of that style doesn't use "WASD" for movement?)+^_^+

soulpimpwizzurd
May 27, 2012, 05:51 AM
While I actually don't watch anime or read manga, I tend to get along best with the "otaku" demograph.

i am lacking understanding towards this sentence,
confused is my brain and ambiguity is my blood
i have thought about this statement 1000 times over
unknown to answers, nor known to facts
have withstood many difficult to grasp utterances to try and become enlightened
yet, my mind will never get anything
so as i ponder, unlimited question mark works

Spellbinder
May 27, 2012, 01:09 PM

I... totally understand where you're coming from.

kirtblue
May 27, 2012, 05:46 PM
personally i love stuff like this im not a big fan of the game faqs crowd

ClothoBuer
May 28, 2012, 06:01 AM

This deserves a pat on the back and a slap in the face at the same time.

Anyways, I'm glad we're not with the GameFAQs and Reddit communities, the majority of them are idiots, and the rest are a**holes.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 28, 2012, 09:05 AM
This deserves a pat on the back and a slap in the face at the same time.

Anyways, I'm glad we're not with the GameFAQs and Reddit communities, the majority of them are idiots, and the rest are a**holes.

good thing i find both a pat a on the back and a slap on the face highly sensual and pleasuring jeje

Ghalion
May 28, 2012, 03:07 PM
I... totally understand where you're coming from.

Seriously? I don't see how that's hard to understand. Just saying I'm not an anime fan, but I seem to get along with anime fans better than other communities. while PSO2 isn't an anime, all the anime fans I know who are interested in pso2 refer to this site over gamefaqs or other communities, so I'm suspecting that this is probably the community I'll fit in best with PSO2-wise.

Spellbinder
May 29, 2012, 11:19 AM
Seriously? I don't see how that's hard to understand. Just saying I'm not an anime fan, but I seem to get along with anime fans better than other communities. while PSO2 isn't an anime, all the anime fans I know who are interested in pso2 refer to this site over gamefaqs or other communities, so I'm suspecting that this is probably the community I'll fit in best with PSO2-wise.

It's just... never mind.

Dragwind
May 30, 2012, 04:40 AM
Let's keep this on-topic please folks.

Ryo
May 30, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'll be on ship 2, I like too many of you not to be there. Plus it's nice to know that multi-party areas will be reliably full of English speakers.

Gama
May 30, 2012, 04:02 PM
ill be joyining ship 2 aswell. pretty much the same reason as ryo's

Du1337
Jun 7, 2012, 06:28 PM
But... Is it possible to transfer items between 2 chars on different ships?

After some time they prolly make an option in the game where everyone can play together like they do on WoW with dungeons or w/e...

RocSage
Jun 7, 2012, 06:36 PM
But... Is it possible to transfer items between 2 chars on different ships?

After some time they prolly make an option in the game where everyone can play together like they do on WoW with dungeons or w/e...

I didn't test it but I assume that is what the extra 30 storage is for, The ability to transfer items between servers, as it is set apart, a small amount, and it doesn't make sense in any other context since you can transfer items between characters on the same server through normal bank activities.

moremouse
Jun 9, 2012, 04:35 PM
Ah, I remember the dance apocalypse at the end of CBT. Gotta love this community.

BWS-1
Jun 9, 2012, 05:20 PM
I still don't know how it'll work for SEGA. I mean, pretty much only at the beginning of PSU was it crowded enough WITH the ability to move from one ship to another. from half-life until end? Hell, all it was a good thing we could move freely to go wherever there were people LEFT.

I get a feeling they'll try to cash in on the potential of repeating the level of ''low population in ships'' issues all PSO games ever had now that they get you to stick to one ship... I say it'll just accelerate its downfall if they're hoping to make a buck out of it. Let people move like the old days, for the gods' sake, it's not like it ever was a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Player Game; there's no ''one huge world'' people interact with, it's all just instance-based dammit.

Taitu
Jun 9, 2012, 05:27 PM
I still don't know how it'll work for SEGA. I mean, pretty much only at the beginning of PSU was it crowded enough WITH the ability to move from one ship to another. from half-life until end? Hell, all it was a good thing we could move freely to go wherever there were people LEFT.

I get a feeling they'll try to cash in on the potential of repeating the level of ''low population in ships'' issues all PSO games ever had now that they get you to stick to one ship... I say it'll just accelerate its downfall if they're hoping to make a buck out of it. Let people move like the old days, for the gods' sake, it's not like it ever was a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Player Game; there's no ''one huge world'' people interact with, it's all just instance-based dammit.

Perhaps on the English servers yes. Whether the game is instanced or not is irrelevant as the games are not hosted client side. They are still hosted on the servers. While instancing will reduce the load on the player it will not reduce the overall load on the server.

Coatl
Jun 9, 2012, 05:51 PM
How many ships are there in total?
Most mmos usually have like two-three servers. Six ships seems like too much to me..

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2012, 05:54 PM
Most mmos usually have like two-three servers. Six ships seems like too much to me..

I think there's...what, 10? 15 maybe? I forget exactly. Probably too many, though. Haha.

Blackheart521
Jun 9, 2012, 05:55 PM

we had 5 during the CB then 2 more added during the last 2 days but there are 10 visible servers... and most mmos I see have much more than 2-3 servers... hell doesn't WOW have like at least 20, probably lots more just don't wanna overshoot it

Chik'Tikka
Jun 9, 2012, 06:27 PM

here's the current server numbers, and the current status+^_^+ pic taken 6:25 pm CST+^_^+
as you can see, they are all offline today+^_^+ probably because it's the weekend, they were green all week though!!!
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1900&stc=1&d=1339284375[/spoiler-box]

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 9, 2012, 08:34 PM

More people the better. What do you have against Reddit people? Or people on /v/ or Gamefaqs?

I'm sure a lot of people on here post on other forums than PSO-World. Don't be a penis.

Cypher_9
Jun 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
In the regard of separatist vs universals... there is no avoiding 'multi-player' areas....

*badum tissss*

That was my joke for the day.... ^_^

But just to add, not saying one has to do so but, as time passes in regard to MMO's, the game makers have/had tailored games to be 'rewarding' with 'partners' - whatever that 'reward' may be whether it be in or out of combat will show its perk; but, of course they never taken away the ability to walk the earth yourself as the nomad.

With PS's online games they have made that balance with their game so nobody would be left out but, of course with the positive messages of Japan, they are always about friendship and teamwork and yada yada - again nobody has to heed to it but its just something they encourage...