PDA

View Full Version : PSO episode 1 and 2 plus

spade88
May 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
Never played the Gamecube version of phantasy star online episode 1 and 2 plus, and was wondering if you can transfer your characters like you could with the original xbox?

Example: can you copy your character on a memory card and plug and play it in another gamecube. And is their a way to store your character on a PC like you could with Action Replay for the original xbox.

AlexCraig
May 27, 2012, 10:02 PM
You can't copy GC PSO data to another memory card. It won't allow it.

spade88
May 27, 2012, 10:56 PM
You can't copy GC PSO data to another memory card. It won't allow it.

Allow me to re-describe what i was trying to say.

Can you save your character on a GameCube memory card, use AR or a USB connector of some sort to link to your PC.

The Xbox Example:
http://static.flickr.com/32/50405735_6704a9e7d1_o.jpg

So when you get to a screen like this:
http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/action_replay_screenshot.jpg

Your able to copy your character without moving it...does that some it up for what i am asking

blace
May 28, 2012, 04:38 AM
AlexCraig already said it, no need to go into more detail. I've tried with a GameShark memory card that has a USB outlet.

spade88
May 28, 2012, 06:59 AM
AlexCraig already said it, no need to go into more detail. I've tried with a GameShark memory card that has a USB outlet.

any luck with GameShark memory card that has a USB outlet?

blace
May 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
I did say that AlexCraig already said it, but I'll say it here then, no it does not work. GameCube memory cards just don't allow PSO and some other games to copy their location besides the original memory card it was made on.

spade88
May 28, 2012, 07:41 AM
I did say that AlexCraig already said it, but I'll say it here then, no it does not work. GameCube memory cards just don't allow PSO and some other games to copy their location besides the original memory card it was made on.

I know this will sound very degrading to ask but could you simplify the answer.

Are you able to use the AR for GC like w/ the xboxs AR.....

Sorry i'm just feeling a little naive right now :(

blace
May 28, 2012, 07:42 AM
Action Replays for the GameCube, do not have a USB adapter, everything you input into one has to be done manually.

spade88
May 28, 2012, 08:30 AM
Action Replays for the GameCube, do not have a USB adapter, everything you input into one has to be done manually.

One of the many reasons why the xbox version is so much better minus not being to go online of course :(

T0m
May 28, 2012, 10:24 AM
I see less AR functionality as a big plus, not a minus.

spade88
May 28, 2012, 10:45 AM
I see less AR functionality as a big plus, not a minus.

I see AR as a life saver when the xbox live servers went down...

I would be lost if I could not dupe add slots, trigrinder/digrinder, material, and what have you. (when it was online their was no need for it, but now that its gone I do find a need for it.

The technical side I have believes it's a great asset, but the gamer side of me is taking advantage of this cheap hack to improve my character to the fullest..

Kroniedon
May 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
Don't let the non-current GC players give you answers on this. =P Yes, you can copy data to another card via AR. You'll need to google the info on how to do it (or look in a certain forum section of a certain private server's forum) but yes, it can be done now.

spade88
May 28, 2012, 04:36 PM
Don't let the non-current GC players give you answers on this. =P Yes, you can copy data to another card via AR. You'll need to google the info on how to do it (or look in a certain forum section of a certain private server's forum) but yes, it can be done now.

Thank You :)