PDA

View Full Version : A warning regarding a certain private PSOBB server.

D-Inferno
Jun 1, 2012, 11:31 AM
Not going to name said private server (lets just say it's the most popular one). However, people have been telling me that said server makes you have to use something called "antihack.dll". Supposedly, if you type it, or if you are a site that has the words "trainer, hack, and one other I forgot", antihack.dll will crash both PSOBB and your browser. Simply to put, it's a virus.

I would highly advise that you avoid said private server for now on. They just can't be trusted, what with their bad administration, their so called "donations", and antihack.dll.

Sorry if this is sort of off topic/discussion of private servers, or even old news (I didn't knwo about this until recently, but it's been around for a few months) but as anyone who still plays PSOBB likely plays on there, I feel as if you should know.

T0m
Jun 1, 2012, 12:52 PM
[...] or if you are a site that has the words "trainer, hack, and one other I forgot"[...]
If you are a site with or without the words "trainer, hack, and one other I forgot," please chime in and let us know how you became sentient.

AMA Request: Skynet

DC_PLAYER
Jun 1, 2012, 05:04 PM
I believe the warning should be said on that specific private server forum.

Other servers have developed logs to keep track on what ppl are doing and in many cases they are able to stop non alowed modifications, it also gives the GMs more flexibility to test things.
That server decided to use something that affects all users, with a gigantic % of false positives and a poor performance.
With that, the complain should be made there, not here.

D-Inferno
Jun 1, 2012, 05:09 PM
One problem: Any complaint on said forum leads to your post getting deleted there.

This topic is just to inform PSO-World users to be careful if they want to play PSOBB for some reason.

Splash
Jun 2, 2012, 03:33 AM
Old news, no one here cares, take your stupid drama back to where it belongs, etc.

Sp-24
Jun 2, 2012, 04:45 AM
^ lol wut

EvilMag
Jun 2, 2012, 11:41 AM
Old news, no one here cares, take your stupid drama back to where it belongs, etc.

Someone mad?

"En"
Jun 2, 2012, 11:39 PM
One problem: Any complaint on said forum leads to your post getting deleted there.

Posts deleted. Users banned. Despite the fact that they try to keep it obscure, it's safe to say that a good portion of the community on that server knows about antihack.dll, and how it's a prettied up virus. Whether they're oblivious to this fact, deny it, or simply don't care, is irrelevant. If they know it exists, but refuse to remove themselves, they deserve a virus on their computer.

The point being conveyed here is intended as a warning to the remaining PSO community; that the biggest private server is no longer the best. Admirable, but it falls on deaf ears. You're preaching your society's treachery to a society that has no business meddling in it. Your word will be heard, but not acted upon.

tl;dr: Leave them to their virus-riddled game and their corrupt staff. It's not your problem.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 3, 2012, 08:30 AM
The other topic got locked, so i wonder why this one is still open.

SStrikerR
Jun 4, 2012, 04:28 PM
It's a shame. I wanted to play BB over the summer and maybe finally hit level 200, but as soon as I heard about this patch I was suspicious. Now I don't think I'm going to be playing there again.

If anyone knows any other servers with normal exp rates, where my characters/items would be able to be transferred to, a pm would be appreciated. My friend and I would like to switch.

Sp-24
Jun 4, 2012, 08:45 PM
The other topic got locked, so i wonder why this one is still open.

Because topics aren't closed based on whether you personally like them or not. This is a very important warning for PSO fans, and I'm glad that it's still up.

Anadventurer
Jun 4, 2012, 11:45 PM
Way to spread false information guys...I've been playing ''that'' server for 2 months now and nothing is wrong. It's not a ''virus'' in the sense that it harms your computer. The program is simply there to prevent hack programs. It is still perfectly safe to play on that server. Seriously...stop being a bunch of chicken littles. Actually, nevermind, misinformed panic like this makes for an entertaining read :lol:

goldwing
Jun 4, 2012, 11:57 PM
despite all the negative post your getting for this sun sol thanks for even caring enough for the people on pso-world to let them know this. weather it be true or false its people like you that really make a difference and what not. so right on dude right on.

EvilMag
Jun 5, 2012, 02:58 AM
Way to spread false information guys...I've been playing ''that'' server for 2 months now and nothing is wrong. It's not a ''virus'' in the sense that it harms your computer. The program is simply there to prevent hack programs. It is still perfectly safe to play on that server. Seriously...stop being a bunch of chicken littles. Actually, nevermind, misinformed panic like this makes for an entertaining read :lol:

Too bad it doesn't work and there are easy work arounds.

Ithildin
Jun 5, 2012, 06:10 AM
If anyone knows any other servers with normal exp rates, where my characters/items would be able to be transferred to, a pm would be appreciated. My friend and I would like to switch.

I'd certainly recommend it. Even if you are looking to start again I am willing to do so. Yes, I've spent quite a few hours playing but it doesn't take much to get back to where I was.

It's pointless.

I can see why people panicked though.

spade88
Jun 5, 2012, 11:54 AM
Reasons like this is why i don't play on that server to begin with..weather it's good drama or bad drama....(plus that server censors every post you make)

SStrikerR
Jun 5, 2012, 01:58 PM

Wow, a whole 2 months? You must know a lot about the server then. How about the fact that they received thousands of dollars in donations in exchange for hacked items in order to "keep the server alive" when they had already received enough to keep the server running for many more years than it'll survive?

Most of that money isn't going to the server in any way possible. If they gave a shit about it, they would have active developers/admin, and a competent staff. They don't.

Even if it isn't a virus, it's a shitty server that could do a lot better with the resources and playerbase that it has.

Anadventurer
Jun 5, 2012, 02:51 PM

Okay. I already knew that. Besides that's not the point I was making anyhow.

Wow, a whole 2 months? You must know a lot about the server then. How about the fact that they received thousands of dollars in donations in exchange for hacked items in order to "keep the server alive" when they had already received enough to keep the server running for many more years than it'll survive?

Most of that money isn't going to the server in any way possible. If they gave a shit about it, they would have active developers/admin, and a competent staff. They don't.

Even if it isn't a virus, it's a shitty server that could do a lot better with the resources and playerbase that it has.

Again, okay? I should have clarified. I've actually been playing there since late 2007. What I meant is that I have returned several months ago and have been playing during the installation of the antihack. And again, everything you posted is irrelevant. I agree, its a shitty server indeed. But from what I know, it is the most active. I refuse to change servers simply for a better community only to have anywhere from 10-20 active players as well as parting with my legit awesome rares. Feel free to inform me otherwise. Again, there is no ''if'' about it. No harmful virus of any kind is put on a users computer when playing on ''that'' server. That is the point I'm trying to come across. Not how corrupt they are or how poorly the server is managed.

SStrikerR
Jun 5, 2012, 03:07 PM
Reasons like this is why i don't play on that server to begin with..weather it's good drama or bad drama....(plus that server censors every post you make)

You don't like the server because they told you you couldn't make a server for xbox.

Jun 6, 2012, 12:51 AM
obviously people care if there have been two topics. this site is 1000000000x more retarded than that community so you really have no room to talk when it comes to "stupid drama". this is magnified by the fact that you have a gamecube fetish and are hell bent on shit talking any version of the game not on gamecube. casual detected.

on topic: this game is incredibly hard to police, but censorship is not the answer.

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2012, 01:29 AM
It's a shame Break probably won't post in this thread and actually say what's really been going on with 'that server.' It certainly is a torrential shitstorm of epic proportions.

Sun Sol hit the nail right on the head in the OP, at least with the following excerpt. Believe it or not, but it's the truth either way.

I would highly advise that you avoid said private server for now on. They just can't be trusted, what with their bad administration, their so called "donations", and antihack.dll.

blace
Jun 6, 2012, 02:01 AM
obviously people care if there have been two topics. this site is 1000000000x more retarded than that community so you really have no room to talk when it comes to "stupid drama". this is magnified by the fact that you have a gamecube fetish and are hell bent on shit talking any version of the game not on gamecube. casual detected.

on topic: this game is incredibly hard to police, but censorship is not the answer.
People do care, just not so much. As I've learned from my limited time with them, get too involved and you'll get flamed.

As Olaf pointed out from parts of the OP, why bother with them?

dooby613
Jun 6, 2012, 03:19 AM
I think that is an important notice and if you are someone who would argue otherwise try browsing on ign.com at all. I've ran into it shutting down my browser and the game when even browsing a website that wasn't even in English and had no such words.

dooby613
Jun 6, 2012, 03:29 AM

100% agree, but the amount of effort that would put on GMs would never happen on that server. I've seen it done on smaller servers.
IMO that place will never improve until the high end players and their friends are willing to go elsewhere for at least a temporary boycott. Of course policing is just the tip of the ice berg on that server.

ZER0 DX
Jun 13, 2012, 01:21 AM
It's a shame Break probably won't post in this thread and actually say what's really been going on with 'that server.' It certainly is a torrential shitstorm of epic proportions.

Sun Sol hit the nail right on the head in the OP, at least with the following excerpt. Believe it or not, but it's the truth either way.

Well I could, but I already said my piece about that on another forum. I've been permanently banned from the game and its forum because of it as well. Apparently they're just gonna keep trying to sweep it all under the rug like it never happened and they'll quickly silence those who speak out about it without hesitation.

Kinda funny, if it weren't for Lee removing me from the GM staff for a bullshit reason a couple months prior, I probably would have kept my mouth shut about it, at least for a little while longer anyway. I had nothing to lose at that point since that was literally the only thing that kept me playing the game in the first place, otherwise I would have quit back in 2008 when I hit level 200. I guess that doesn't make me much better than the rest of them.

Powder Keg
Jun 13, 2012, 04:28 AM
Well I could, but I already said my piece about that on another forum. I've been permanently banned from the game and its forum because of it as well. Apparently they're just gonna keep trying to sweep it all under the rug like it never happened and they'll quickly silence those who speak out about it without hesitation.

Kinda funny, if it weren't for Lee removing me from the GM staff for a bullshit reason a couple months prior, I probably would have kept my mouth shut about it, at least for a little while longer anyway. I had nothing to lose at that point since that was literally the only thing that kept me playing the game in the first place, otherwise I would have quit back in 2008 when I hit level 200. I guess that doesn't make me much better than the rest of them.

Nah, you're not even close in comparison regardless of the history.

lol @ people complaining in this thread though, this is a friendly warning. Although the virus is pretty much harmless, it is rather invasive and it doing more harm than it is good.

red flare graf
Jun 21, 2012, 03:02 PM
What type of virus is it and how is it harmful? Uninformative thread is uninformative. This shouldn't have even been posted.

Adriano
Jun 21, 2012, 03:45 PM
Oh, so that's what that was...
I was curious when I was updating yesterday.

Triple_S
Jun 21, 2012, 03:56 PM

Was wondering why I haven't seen you posting around there in a long time.

Yeah, the antihack.dll thing is ridiculous, that's for sure. Main reason I play there is because I have all of my stuff and progress, etc etc. That and there's the added/modified items that I kind of like, especially the Force equipment and the combo-unlocked L&K38. I don't know of any other stable PSO servers that offer the changes made that I like.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
oddly enough many ppl seem to stumble on my blog because of the antihack.dll thingy, it's nearly on a daily basis someone does a search involving terms such as "antihack virus removal" "antihack uninstall" , "antihack dll not safe",.......

I guess that doesn't make me much better than the rest of them.
You got that right, but at least you admit it, requires balls.

DayDreamer
Jun 22, 2012, 05:39 PM
Well, any chance of me going back was just shot.
My first and only pso experience was screwed over by them :/

Jaspaller
Jun 22, 2012, 07:03 PM
Absolutely wanted to get back into this now that I have a new PC but this whole antihack.dll has scared me away. Oh well, guess that's it for PSO and me.

Sinue_v2
Jun 22, 2012, 07:54 PM
I dunno, still seems to be more reasonable than the treatment players got from Sega.

At any rate, I probably wouldn't come back even if there wasn't an issue with this antihack.dll business. PSO2 is right around the corner, and I'm satisfied with PSP2i. I've also recently gotten my nieces hooked on PSO split-screen, and I'm often asked to help them out with my support FO on bosses and new areas they're not quite leveled for. So I get my PSO fix, when need be, from that.

I've also been toying with the idea of setting up a private Blue Burst server myself just for my nieces and immediate family to play on. Some of my family are extremely phobic of the internet and letting their kids interact with strangers over multiplayer games, so I figured that would be a good way to give them all the benefits of online play without giving them unrestricted access to strangers.

VioletSkye
Jun 22, 2012, 08:06 PM
I've also been toying with the idea of setting up a private Blue Burst server myself just for my nieces and immediate family to play on. Some of my family are extremely phobic of the internet and letting their kids interact with strangers over multiplayer games, so I figured that would be a good way to give them all the benefits of online play without giving them unrestricted access to strangers.

You totally should. I set up a private PSOBB server for my kids last Sunday and they have been playing everyday since then. They absolutely love it and I get to be the hero with my mad PSO skills and knowledge (ok, so I've never been that great of a player but I'm better then my kids atm, so they still look up to dad lol :D ) I went a little overboard and set up a ventrillo server also for them since they each have pcs in their own room and now they are the envy of all their little friends which makes me the coolest dad on the block (or least I should be :p )

Polly
Jun 23, 2012, 03:53 PM
You totally should. I set up a private PSOBB server for my kids last Sunday and they have been playing everyday since then. They absolutely love it and I get to be the hero with my mad PSO skills and knowledge (ok, so I've never been that great of a player but I'm better then my kids atm, so they still look up to dad lol :D ) I went a little overboard and set up a ventrillo server also for them since they each have pcs in their own room and now they are the envy of all their little friends which makes me the coolest dad on the block (or least I should be :p )

Yep, your own server is definitely the way to go. I have my own BB server set up for a smaller group of internet friends to play around with whenever we feel the need to, and there's a lot of stuff you can freely modify to set the game more to your own liking (exp rates, drop rates, rare enemy spawn rates, holiday events, what drops where, etc.) That, and I have all the player data, meaning they don't have to worry about losing it unless I fubar it up bad, and even then I make nightly backups when the server's running anyway, so there's not much to worry about in the long run. It'll always be there if we want it.

ConsummateK
Jun 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
Would anyone care to elaborate on what exactly this thing does / removal if necessary? I just got back into BB today (been playing off an and on since DC).

Honestly once an English patch is released for PSO2 I doubt PSO will see much action but I liked the idea of having it available.

Sinue_v2
Jun 23, 2012, 10:08 PM
and there's a lot of stuff you can freely modify to set the game more to your own liking (exp rates, drop rates, rare enemy spawn rates, holiday events, what drops where, etc.)

Yeah, I was thinking it would be extremely cool if I could get proficient with the quest editing tools that are available and start making special events... like for their birthdays, I could run a custom quest specifically tailored/written for them for like two weeks where they would have to track down their cake which was stolen by a Booma, or follow clues to find the location of the birthday party the Rappies prepared for them.

Polly
Jun 23, 2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I was thinking it would be extremely cool if I could get proficient with the quest editing tools that are available and start making special events... like for their birthdays, I could run a custom quest specifically tailored/written for them for like two weeks where they would have to track down their cake which was stolen by a Booma, or follow clues to find the location of the birthday party the Rappies prepared for them.

Yeah. I've tried playing with the available quest editing tools lots of times, but the UI and general lack of understanding of how all the pieces of a quest tie together made it really hard to do anything beyond simple edits of pre-existing quests. Don't really have the kinda time it'd take to try and figure it all out on my own, and the available documentation is kinda spotty.

Noblewine
Jun 24, 2012, 01:17 AM
Is it a bad time to try to play PSOBB again? I usually play it whenever I have the free time.

ConsummateK
Jun 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hypothetically, if I wanted to find the best alternative would someone be able to hypothetically *Ahem* PM me the details? I've been looking around without too much success. Trying to avoid X2 EXP(!) DONATE FOR RARES etc. if possible.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 25, 2012, 02:58 PM
Out of curiosity, can someone send me the file that is causing trouble, i mean i have heard stories of it, but i don't have a copy.
Can someone please send me?

Quadocky
Jun 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
I don't even think the AntiHack thing was a big deal, what scared me away from that server is the terrible playerbase. By which I mean to say, they were either incredibly stupid, or just so thick headed they might as well been bots or NPCs.

I mean really, how hard is it to maneuver your fingers to type out a coherent, original thought instead of just banally stating "Lol" or other such tripe. Oh, not to mention, the people who actually DID type out longer thoughts than text chat ONLY talked about the game, nothing else.

Doesn't help that they wouldn't even reply to you no matter how many words you threw at them, even if they were adept in the english language.

I was not a jerk or anything to anyone on that server, I was excessively polite if anything, yet what do I get in return? Silence.

Its very unsettling, its like all they were focused on was level up and fighting monsters, not even taking the time to be aware that they indeed were playing an online game with other people around them, if anything they act like its an inconvenience.

In conclusion, the Anti-hack thing is harmless, the player base is what kills you.

Quadocky
Jun 25, 2012, 10:17 PM
Out of curiosity, can someone send me the file that is causing trouble, i mean i have heard stories of it, but i don't have a copy.
Can someone please send me?
Honestly all it was meant to do was shut down programs that had the word hack or cheat or other names. I think they fixed whatever the problem was with it as I never had a problem. From what I remember the main reason why people freaked out was because it would shut down skype and other chatting programs. There was however was a case of it shutting down winamp because a song had a similar name to a cheat engine or something. I actually uninstalled the program out of spite... but apparently I still have the DLL sitting in the folder. I could possibly send it to you if you wanna take a look at it.

T0m
Jun 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
I don't even think the AntiHack thing was a big deal, what scared me away from that server is the terrible playerbase. By which I mean to say, they were either incredibly stupid, or just so thick headed they might as well been bots or NPCs.

I mean really, how hard is it to maneuver your fingers to type out a coherent, original thought instead of just banally stating "Lol" or other such tripe. Oh, not to mention, the people who actually DID type out longer thoughts than text chat ONLY talked about the game, nothing else.

Doesn't help that they wouldn't even reply to you no matter how many words you threw at them, even if they were adept in the english language.

I was not a jerk or anything to anyone on that server, I was excessively polite if anything, yet what do I get in return? Silence.

Its very unsettling, its like all they were focused on was level up and fighting monsters, not even taking the time to be aware that they indeed were playing an online game with other people around them, if anything they act like its an inconvenience.

In conclusion, the Anti-hack thing is harmless, the player base is what kills you.
lol yea

Honestly though, I know what you mean and I agree with you. There's something to say about playing the game to just play the game. But playing a whole area without any chat, without any reactions, yeah then NPCs are probably more fun to play with than PSO-drones.

May0
Jul 1, 2012, 06:14 PM
Most people were nice enough at the server that must not be named, its just the forums are about as close to nazi Berlin as you can get- being that should you happen to critique their way of running things expect a quick lock of your thread and a "deal with it" respectively.

I also didn't like how you have to have several pictures of a rare you found to prove that you actually got it and didn't dupe it (for trading purposes in the forums). To that end I simply started a mini-black paper organization and traded with other people who didn't want to deal with those flath rags in power. Twas one of the few times lore and gameplay felt rather mixed together to create a genuinely unique role playing experience. 8-)

If you have friends to play with the server is fine, but I wouldn't expect to come across anyone exceptional on a daily basis.

As for the antihack ruckus I've never had any problem with it. However anyone with any technical knowledge can get around it and get more than enough rares of their choosing.

Lesrd
Jul 2, 2012, 04:42 AM
I was actually having a very good time at the server that must not be named... Until today. It seems, for no specific reason, an IP range-ban was given because of god knows why. Kinda sad since I was getting in the game and thinking about contributing to the community...

When I tried to check what happened or why it happened, they provided no information. They provided a means of communication which appears to be a long-dead Yahoo mail, which is laughable at best.

I suppose I can't complain, but it's very distasteful...

DC_PLAYER
Jul 2, 2012, 07:22 AM
Someone indeed released a string bypass, broomop was the one actually.
However, after his statement saying that his tools normally came with extra features designed to damage specific ppl then i cannot garatee that there isn't malware or other things with that bypass.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 3, 2012, 07:11 PM
Edit: Sorry Dhylec I did not notice your edit sooner.

Just google "epvp psobb ce" and it should be in the last few pages of the topic

DC_PLAYER
Jul 17, 2012, 03:10 PM
One question, if you open PSO, patch the game and then delete that file, can you use other programs after that.
I am not saying to delete before the patch, i'm saying to delete after the patch screen, does that work?

Noblewine
Jul 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
I don't really understand what going on. Can someone explain it to me. I was starting to enjoy PSOBB and wanted to see more of the cameos because of PSU easter eggs/PSO weapons/PSO songs that played in a few events.

Link1275
Jul 19, 2012, 12:28 AM
I don't really understand what going on. Can someone explain it to me. I was starting to enjoy PSOBB and wanted to see more of the cameos because of PSU easter eggs/PSO weapons/PSO songs that played in a few events.

A certain private PSOBB server has a really stupid file to prevent hacking, when in my experience there is almost no hacking on that server. Of course the people and admins on that server say that almost everyone is hacking(and the majority of the admins and players on that server are idiots).

Noblewine
Jul 19, 2012, 02:44 PM
A certain private PSOBB server has a really stupid file to prevent hacking, when in my experience there is almost no hacking on that server. Of course the people and admins on that server say that almost everyone is hacking(and the majority of the admins and players on that server are idiots).

Ah so that's why that file was added? Does it make logging in harder. Sorry I'm not good with this technical stuff so I'm still confused on what's going on. =-=
I just want something to play when PSU on the xbox goes offline.

Kirukia
Jul 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
It closes programs on your computer, which is why people say it's similar to a virus.
Lets say you were talking on msn while playing PSOBB and you were telling your friend how it's a hack-and-slash RPG. Well since "hack" is in it, it would start closing things. At least that's what I've gathered from stories. It's really stupid and invasive.

Mystil
Jul 19, 2012, 06:20 PM
When said place used to be run by the person it was named after, that when it was a cool place to be. But he's long gone, and so has many others that started it with him. But as with other online games, private or not.. it wasn't the staff that turned me away..but the players.

RikaPSOW
Jul 20, 2012, 09:23 PM
One question, if you open PSO, patch the game and then delete that file, can you use other programs after that.
I am not saying to delete before the patch, i'm saying to delete after the patch screen, does that work?

Doubt it. It's probably in memory at all times after the game is started. I doubt he would have made it just for someone to simply remove the said file.

Personally, I think it would have been more worth his time to make a better crc/changing the encryption, it's location, and or method. Probably would have been more effective/legit players wouldn't be annoyed. I should ask him sometime to get rid of that file and do something more efficient.

Noblewine
Jul 25, 2012, 04:30 AM
It closes programs on your computer, which is why people say it's similar to a virus.
Lets say you were talking on msn while playing PSOBB and you were telling your friend how it's a hack-and-slash RPG. Well since "hack" is in it, it would start closing things. At least that's what I've gathered from stories. It's really stupid and invasive.

So, if I was on skype and voice chatting with a friend/acquaintance from psu it would cause my game to crash or kick me from the game?

RagolianHunter
Jul 27, 2012, 07:02 AM
:-? No I play every day while using skype.

Aki_Yoruno
Jul 27, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sounds like it's being run by commies. More like PSSnowBB.

Yata The Prophet
Jul 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
Posts deleted. Users banned. Despite the fact that they try to keep it obscure, it's safe to say that a good portion of the community on that server knows about antihack.dll, and how it's a prettied up virus.

tl;dr: Leave them to their virus-riddled game and their corrupt staff. It's not your problem.
Me, i'll be outside sipping on some tea while playing PSO2.
I have no need for computer viruses.

Noblewine
Jul 30, 2012, 06:37 PM
:-? No I play every day while using skype.

It must be my computer then. =/

Kusarihateru
Mar 29, 2013, 10:50 PM
Its a simple little virus that detects certain strings and closes the window that has those strings, cheat, broomop, hack, ect. It hardly even works too. I can browse a thread about hacking PSOBB while the game is running and half the time the window wont even close. The antihack.dll is amazingly easy to get around too. Less than five minutes of work and you can go right back to running Cheat Engine. In the end the antihack.dll is just a failed attempt to discourage people from hacking. If anything it punishes the legit players more than it punishes the cheaters.

Dongra
Mar 30, 2013, 12:57 AM
Didn't really need to bump this.

JCGamer
Mar 31, 2013, 09:16 AM
Regathering to this subject let me point out that psobb private server can be good thing and bad thing. they been a problem from the start. this is no big secret so let talk turkey. also let you guys know Im telling the truth how there private server work.

PSOBB Ultima Server been good server and yet they do supply donation and same time keeping the game in order. but there problem IS that THEY tampering with game too mush having a lot bug problem from account bugs ISSUE , bank transfer bug.the server master named Larvas take the time to fix these problem when he have time AND must the time his loyal GM that hardly never around to do anything. only person that try to keep thing order inside the game is the *GM Mio* Only GM that is active and helping larvas. but the game have there problem and that there down fall. Because of this there many reason why the server have less player cause game so tamper with but also this game have is bad and good but mostly the time bad

now for the other PSOBB private server that run by Lee and Chrono114. The original person give this server to chrono but this got out off hand because chrono114 could not keep up with all the problem they had to deal with it . A person named Broom mop the legendary psobb hacker always figure out a way get back on them cause his way of thinking is hack other server for fun and keep doing it. Private server always been a hassle for the programmer vs the user so they shut down the server almost 5-7 month and rebuild the server and that when they made AntiHack.dll and was made from stopping the hacker from cheating the game and stop them from crashing there server or so called proxy server. but there always be a back door on how to cheat the game there for always been like this. Chrono114 started the donation as well to keep his server up. but also lead to a scam. Scamming and charging player for rare item or charging them with deal package is taboo. The private server is okay but too many aggressive psobb community and game is bad from hacking the game and cheat all the time. there other Private server not only psobb but there around. must them not even wort the time but in general Private server its a waste of time and nothing come out of it in the end. but this why PSOWWORLD try to warn you on here to don't deal with Private server from the start.

Here in PSO world forum they made that clear on this link here www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq

and here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72843

was posted longtime ago. but everyone keep avoiding it and don't want to listen the warning rules but yet still talking about it. I understand we cant control the person action but still PSOBB Private Server is big NO NO on here and on your own risk if u want to deal with the Private server but don't expect a good result out of it. you been warned :-P