PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Downloader Help

Vintasticvin
Jun 1, 2012, 04:21 PM
Is there a way to keep the downloader from going into standby when idle after so long? Thanks fir helping if any does and look forward to seeing the JP PSU experience.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 1, 2012, 05:23 PM
Use this insted :)

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/

Just make a folder on your desktop name it "psu" (or whatever you want) and save all 4 files in there. Then just launch the exe. After that you know the rest ^^

Vintasticvin
Jun 3, 2012, 04:40 AM
Grrr yet another problem I run into..... the bin files look like firefox files..... is this normal?

Sp-24
Jun 3, 2012, 05:12 AM
If you try to open a .bin file with Firefox and pick "Always use the selected program...", those files will become associated with Firefox.

...As I've explained before.

Vintasticvin
Jun 3, 2012, 05:27 AM
Sooooo Im basicaly screwed right?

Whit
Jun 3, 2012, 05:32 AM
Sooooo Im basicaly screwed right?

No. When the .bin files finish downloading, DO NOT click them at all. Click on the setup.exe file.

Vintasticvin
Jun 3, 2012, 05:34 AM
No. When the .bin files finish downloading, DO NOT click them at all. Click on the setup.exe file.

apparently I accidentaly clicked on one of them one night.... And I have been clicking on the exe setup and I get slapped with an error on the installation part :(

Sp-24
Jun 3, 2012, 06:00 AM
Something must be wrong with the installer, or with one of those files. But it's not because you've clicked on the .bin files.

Or, since it's a Japanese installer, try switching your system locale to Japanese and see if it makes a difference.

Vintasticvin
Jun 3, 2012, 06:20 AM
Something must be wrong with the installer, or with one of those files. But it's not because you've clicked on the .bin files.

Or, since it's a Japanese installer, try switching your system locale to Japanese and see if it makes a difference.

Aaaand how do I do that

Whit
Jun 3, 2012, 06:41 AM
Aaaand how do I do that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvGhB3yfv5c

Behold the mystical powers of Google~!

Vintasticvin
Jun 3, 2012, 07:12 AM
I've tried everthing that I can and collaborated with others but eff it I give up on comming to psuJP I'll just wait to get my grubby lil paws on a digital copy of the fabled pso-2 this website is going all "holy crap the four horsemen of the apocalyps and cthulu are here the end is neigh people THE END IS NEIGH!!!!"

Titan
Jun 3, 2012, 08:10 AM
I'm surprised people use the official downloader, its so slow.
When I first started JP, first thing I did was torrent search since its free.
I pop in the iso to an imaginary drive and I'm all set.

I've tried everthing that I can and collaborated with others but eff it I give up on comming to psuJP I'll just wait to get my grubby lil paws on a digital copy of the fabled pso-2 this website is going all "holy crap the four horsemen of the apocalyps and cthulu are here the end is neigh people THE END IS NEIGH!!!!"

People still play PSO, I see no end.