PDA

View Full Version : PSVITA users only please (Not to offend anyone)

Taigerr
Jun 2, 2012, 10:24 AM
Thought I'd get the youtube downloader and the first vids I tested were PSO2 gameplay vids in 720...... all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!.... now I KNOW the game will not be nearly as good grahically in reality but it did not stop my jaw from hitting the floor...... unfortunately the official vita heaven PSO2 dev video is only in 640 and there's also the super imposed vita frame around the vid so its hard to get a true sense of what it will actually look like but man if you view 720 gameplay on the vita it is muito legal ..... .

Brou150
Jun 2, 2012, 10:47 AM
I am offended...lol Jk ill be on both.

Taigerr
Jun 2, 2012, 10:54 AM
Lol... just being cautious as there's a lot of vita haters on here.... maybe I am being naive, but I honestly think that PSVita and PC cross play will probably strength our chances of seeing an English release..... or will at least bolster support should it come to an online petition for an English release.... just MHO

Emp
Jun 2, 2012, 11:27 AM
ehh screw english. Keep it japanese only! That way more players online late at night in the US/daytime in the UK.

NoiseHERO
Jun 2, 2012, 11:31 AM
ehh screw english. Keep it japanese only! That way more players online late at night in the US/daytime in the UK.

Stop...

THINKING!

ClothoBuer
Jun 2, 2012, 11:38 AM
Don't get me wrong, the Vita's a fantastic piece of hardware, but Sony apparently didn't learn anything from the PS3 launch, otherwise they would've had a stronger release line-up. Look at what's available: Uncharted, a couple sports games, Blazblue, and... nothing of worth...

PSO2 was one of the reasons I invested in a Vita early on, but come on Sony, get us something to do with it other than a paperweight.

kyuuketsuki
Jun 2, 2012, 11:48 AM
Look at what's available: Uncharted, a couple sports games, Blazblue, and... nothing of worth...
This is why I have not gotten a Vita. It's a really nice piece of hardware (asides from the poor battery life), but there's simply nothing of interest on it. I can still pick up my old Nintendo DS lite and have some good games to play, despite it being a decidedly inferior piece of hardware (asides from the amazing battery life).

Taigerr
Jun 2, 2012, 01:29 PM
Oh definately!! Currently all I do is take my vita out of its case and stare at it hoping for better games..... All the current games are lackluster IMHO... as far as early investment goes its been a major major let down but i am praying that PSO2 will be a changing point.... if PSO comes out in English on this I will probably not buy another game again for a looooooong long time..... If its in Japanese only then I will just have to find a way of working with the wiki.... for now I am just loving the video playback of gameplay it looks awesome....

skuld01
Jun 2, 2012, 01:30 PM
I am wondering if you need to pay for the PSV version client, which I guess you dont.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 2, 2012, 02:05 PM
^ also wonder if you can use fan made English patch on PSV version+^_^+

pikachief
Jun 2, 2012, 02:51 PM
Oh definately!! Currently all I do is take my vita out of its case and stare at it hoping for better games..... All the current games are lackluster IMHO... as far as early investment goes its been a major major let down but i am praying that PSO2 will be a changing point.... if PSO comes out in English on this I will probably not buy another game again for a looooooong long time..... If its in Japanese only then I will just have to find a way of working with the wiki.... for now I am just loving the video playback of gameplay it looks awesome....

I hear that new resistance game for it is pretty good, and there's a demo out for it. Also Gravity Rush is coming in a couple weeks which is apparently getting some pretty good reviews :P

The games are getting out there... just slowly. Like the 3DS. And the PSP and DS before it. :)

NoiseHERO
Jun 2, 2012, 02:57 PM
Wait, gravity rush never came out? D:

I thought it came out and people just stopped caring, like every other game that's not skyrim/diablo 3 level popular. D:

pikachief
Jun 2, 2012, 03:13 PM
Wait, gravity rush never came out? D:

I thought it came out and people just stopped caring, like every other game that's not skyrim/diablo 3 level popular. D:

lol nope just never came out. comes out the 12th. Also portable games will never get the amount of popularity as console games :P Super Mario 3D Land is an amazing game and Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7 are pretty good too but you never hear anyone raving about those :P Gravity Rush can be ZOMG AMAZING and everyone will probably stop caring after a few weeks lol

Oh and a new Assassin's Creed for PSVita is coming out eventually also so It's getting games... just very slowwwlllyyy...

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 2, 2012, 05:29 PM
lol nope just never came out. comes out the 12th. Also portable games will never get the amount of popularity as console games :P Super Mario 3D Land is an amazing game and Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7 are pretty good too but you never hear anyone raving about those :P Gravity Rush can be ZOMG AMAZING and everyone will probably stop caring after a few weeks lol

Oh and a new Assassin's Creed for PSVita is coming out eventually also so It's getting games... just very slowwwlllyyy...

kid icarus is pretty much one of the only reasons i'd ever consider getting a 3ds. the gameplay looks like griefing heaven.

Kion
Jun 2, 2012, 05:38 PM
PSO2 was one of the reasons I invested in a Vita early on, but come on Sony, get us something to do with it other than a paperweight.

Grab the Playstation Suite and hammer something out?

Sayuri Stardust
Jun 2, 2012, 10:02 PM

That would be so Awesome ^_^

Ark22
Jun 2, 2012, 11:27 PM
*Comes out of fall out shelter* phew, though shit was gonna go down. But honestly, I would love to see what it would look like on a handheld. I mean come on, doesn't the idea of PSO2 on a small behind portable screen make you giggle like a Japanese school girl?!

goldwing
Jun 2, 2012, 11:33 PM
*Comes out of fall out shelter* phew, though shit was gonna go down. But honestly, I would love to see what it would look like on a handheld. I mean come on, doesn't the idea of PSO2 on a small behind portable screen make you giggle like a Japanese school girl?!

Sorta kinda. -giggles alittle- it honestly makes me want to buy a vita

Mike
Jun 3, 2012, 06:31 AM

I get the feeling that the Vita version is going to rely a lot on the results of whatever testing they do on shared servers. I'm excited (or rather was excited when this was announced) but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a number of changes made.

Rauten
Jun 3, 2012, 02:36 PM

That would be so Awesome ^_^

Hah. Ha ha ha. Hahahahahajoajuajeiajaihfaiphwhfahfpajfaopsjfa *dies of laughter*

No.

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hah. Ha ha ha. Hahahahahajoajuajeiajaihfaiphwhfahfpajfaopsjfa *dies of laughter*

No.

This.

r00tabaga
Jun 3, 2012, 04:20 PM
Ok, so I finally downloaded the YouTube "work-around" for Vita and I am even more psyched now for PSO2. I think (for the most part) that the visuals CAN be that good and once it gets optimized for the Vita, the touch pad could make it my system of choice for this game......and save me the trouble of building a PC. :wink:
I seriously doubt any cross-platform play though. Shared servers for characters-yes, but IMO there's no way in hell can they run the two simultaneously. I have a number of Vita games that support this already and NONE work well. NONE.

Emp
Jun 3, 2012, 06:24 PM
Ok, so I finally downloaded the YouTube "work-around" for Vita and I am even more psyched now for PSO2. I think (for the most part) that the visuals CAN be that good and once it gets optimized for the Vita, the touch pad could make it my system of choice for this game......and save me the trouble of building a PC. :wink:
I seriously doubt any cross-platform play though. Shared servers for characters-yes, but IMO there's no way in hell can they run the two simultaneously. I have a number of Vita games that support this already and NONE work well. NONE.

what youtube workaround? I just learned that a youtube app was coming this month.

Bou
Jun 3, 2012, 07:02 PM
what youtube workaround? I just learned that a youtube app was coming this month.His talking bout this lil java script code that lets you download the youtube vids on your ps vita through the vita browser^^
Not sure if I can post the link here, but if you want it I'll pm you the link and instructions on how to do it.

Also does anyone know when the PSO2 beta gonna start for the VIta?

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2012, 08:05 PM
His talking bout this lil java script code that lets you download the youtube vids on your ps vita through the vita browser^^
Not sure if I can post the link here, but if you want it I'll pm you the link and instructions on how to do it.

I THINK the testing starts in...

Fall?

r00tabaga
Jun 3, 2012, 08:59 PM
1.Make a bookmark on your Vita of this URL
http://oretube.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-75.html and open the PSVitaTubeDownloader tab.
2.Open youtube on your Vita browser, next find a PSO2 vid, then open this bookmark (marked on the right side with a heart symbol), finally you will be able to D/L videos in SD & HD on your Vita.

Beta for Vita (Japanese) is end of Summer.

Rath-Kun
Jun 3, 2012, 09:09 PM
Gonna be switching my Vita to JP for that time. D;

I'm excited for PSO2 to come to the Vita, even if it doesn't look as good. My laptop has to run PSO2 at the lowest settings so it will probably look better for me. haha.

r00tabaga
Jun 3, 2012, 09:31 PM
Gonna be switching my Vita to JP for that time. D;

I'm excited for PSO2 to come to the Vita, even if it doesn't look as good. My laptop has to run PSO2 at the lowest settings so it will probably look better for me. haha.

For most people here, the Vita version will look superior.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 3, 2012, 11:18 PM
For most people here, the Vita version will look superior.

yeah i wouldn't be surprised if vita looked better than barebones PC, which is what a good amount of people are using to play, mainly because they have less demanding resolution with vita.

Lord Sake
Jun 4, 2012, 04:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Sony should be begging/paying Sega to localize PSO2 for all markets to move some Vitas off the shelves. Before PSPo2, the only reason I had a PSP was the two GTA games and Monster Hunter.

Vita has no GTAs in the works and the Monster Hunter portable series is jumping ship to 3DS. They need a AAA multiplayer title and they need to market the hell out of it as soon as possible. I believe PSO2 is the only title on the horizon for the Vita that has that kind of potential.

spade88
Jun 4, 2012, 05:22 AM
will it be cross platform?

I'll be on both I just wanted to know

Mike
Jun 4, 2012, 05:34 AM
will it be cross platform?
That's the plan. You'll have to wait until after testing is done to see if they actually go through with it or not though.

Drunken Dragon
Jun 4, 2012, 05:46 AM
Bumping this, only reason ill be grabbing a Vita is for PSO2..... Though ill hold off the mindless cheering until I see something solid gameplay wise....

spade88
Jun 4, 2012, 05:48 AM
The only other game I know off the top of my head that comes close and succeed was FFXI, it was cross platform for PC/360/PS2.....Plus I always found it to be different with features that no other game really had (Getting married in game)

blace
Jun 4, 2012, 05:53 AM
The only other game I know off the top of my head that comes close and succeed was FFXI, it was cross platform for PC/360/PS2.....Plus I always found it to be different with features that no other game really had (Getting married in game)
Aside from free to play games and most recently Team Fortress 2.

If PSO 2 were to get localised it would give me reason to set aside money for a Vita. The only game that catches my eye at the moment is Gravity Rush, other titles don't seem to catch my attention.

spade88
Jun 4, 2012, 06:02 AM

If PSO 2 were to get localised it would give me reason to set aside money for a Vita. The only game that catches my eye at the moment is Gravity Rush, other titles don't seem to catch my attention.

I was hoping for better titles this summer, but have not found any to my liking.

(PSO2 has some great features, but lack of no offline play has me worried on what else they removed from the original PSO version)

Emp
Jun 4, 2012, 09:26 AM
His talking bout this lil java script code that lets you download the youtube vids on your ps vita through the vita browser^^

Oh, that. I saw that the other day. I thought he was talking about a new app.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 4, 2012, 04:09 PM
I plan on playing the game on both if I can, I do not own a Vita yet, and if this game is brought state side, it will be my main reason to get one.

kdrakari
Jun 4, 2012, 08:03 PM
Already have my Vita, JP PSN account, and extra memory card so I'm pretty much ready to go. Just gotta wait now...

Which reminds me, if anybody was planning to play local games and foreign games, you will need at least two memory cards. In case you didn't know.

blazingsonic
Jun 4, 2012, 08:17 PM

What not excited about Ragnarok?

Lord Sake
Jun 4, 2012, 09:13 PM
Which reminds me, if anybody was planning to play local games and foreign games, you will need at least two memory cards. In case you didn't know.

What?! And those memory cards are so dang expensive, too...

Sony's really trying their hardest to fail, aren't they?

They better localize PSO2.

otakun
Jun 5, 2012, 12:31 PM
No Vita price drop at E3, so I'm not getting it anytime soon though if I did it would be for PSO2.

Taigerr
Jun 5, 2012, 12:48 PM
E3 has shown Vita no love thus far... If that is the case through out the event, expect a price drop in the near future... Its already dropped €50 in France I believe... If it wasn't for the fact PSO2 was coming to PSV, I would have ebay'd my Vita as a direct result of this E3.... Vita was definately over priced for early adopters... E3 has sold it as a PS1 and PSP Classic Collection Gaming concole cos all we really heard was about backward compatibilty nothing about remote play with PS3 (not cross play)... Utter hogwash...

Peejay
Jun 5, 2012, 10:51 PM
Adoption rates are slow, but the developers will be picking up steam now that everyone is hearing that it is actually amazingly easy to develop for the Vita. We already have some honest-to-goodness exclusive titles coming in like Gravity Rush (with a hefty preorder bonus) that will make it worthwhile.

I don't feel screwed at all, really.

pikachief
Jun 6, 2012, 01:06 AM
Adoption rates are slow, but the developers will be picking up steam now that everyone is hearing that it is actually amazingly easy to develop for the Vita. We already have some honest-to-goodness exclusive titles coming in like Gravity Rush (with a hefty preorder bonus) that will make it worthwhile.

I don't feel screwed at all, really.

E3 didnt really show anything that great for the future of Vita. And Resistance are getting all around bad reviews I believe. Sad. I do hope PSVita does good but besides Gravity Rush, it doesn't look all that great for Vita's future.

r00tabaga
Jun 6, 2012, 09:18 AM
Vitas future??? Ever heard of a game called Little Big Planet? Or here's another one for ya, Call of Duty. Or how bout Assassins Creed or Killzone? They support all EA Sports games, have a number of FPS's coming, not to mention a new God of War designed specificaly for Vita and OH YEAH, PSO2.

I am just fine with my purchase.

Ark22
Jun 6, 2012, 09:48 AM
No Vita price drop at E3, so I'm not getting it anytime soon though if I did it would be for PSO2.

Dood didn't you hear? End of the World this year. When the riots happen just go nab one xD.

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2012, 10:16 AM
Dood didn't you hear? End of the World this year. When the riots happen just go nab one xD.

This "summer" feeling like winter? maybe. (I'm not complaining, I hate New York Summers...)

End of the world? Naaaahh!

Ark22
Jun 6, 2012, 12:08 PM
This "summer" feeling like winter? maybe. (I'm not complaining, I hate New York Summers...)

End of the world? Naaaahh!

Trust me, I lived in New York, Florida is way worst. Like a major bipolar state. It's cold then hot.

But on a relevant note: PSO2

Peejay
Jun 6, 2012, 12:25 PM
E3 didnt really show anything that great for the future of Vita. And Resistance are getting all around bad reviews I believe. Sad. I do hope PSVita does good but besides Gravity Rush, it doesn't look all that great for Vita's future.

Look at every single presentation and tell me there was something not-crap other than Pikmin 3. That was the ONLY thing that was good across pretty much the whole showing because they're only showing the same IPs over and over that the companies THINK will make the big bucks. The point is, you gotta ask the actual DEVELOPERS and take a look at what they're saying about the Vita. If any company were smart, it'd look at the hardware first.

If they're saying it's easy to CODE for the Vita, it just opens doors, I'm not saying it's going to immediately bring loads of games to it. If it did, it'd be shovelware, and that's Nintendo territory.

Gardios
Jun 6, 2012, 12:57 PM
The Last of Us, Watch Dogs?

Regardless, E3 hasn't been for gamers for quite some time now but for investors so one shouldn't have expected much.

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2012, 02:09 PM
Well, I did get my Disgaea 3 (Never got it on PS3). I await Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4 (Never got it on PS2). Besides PSO2, those are my current most anticipated games for it.

However, one western release has my attention. That Assassin's Creed Revolution Vita game. I'll also pick up Jet Set Radio for it when it comes out.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 6, 2012, 02:12 PM
Trust me, I lived in New York, Florida is way worst. Like a major bipolar state. It's cold then hot.

But on a relevant note: PSO2

bipolar? come live in wisconsin+^_^+
just a few weeks ago we had snow on the ground, then 2 days later it popped 90° with 90% humidity, then 2 days after that, frost advisories+^_^+ things have been superb this week though+^_^+
oh and PSO2+^_^+
EDIT: are we really that bored, that we're trading weather stories?+^_^+

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2012, 02:18 PM
Pre E3: 12345678654 rumours

During E3: "This gaming year is gonna suck"

Post E3: /commence console war arguments on every gaming site

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2012, 02:29 PM
Post E3? Console war arguments? You're forgetting also during E3, pre-E3 and any measurement of time in between.

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2012, 02:33 PM
Post E3? Console war arguments? You're forgetting also during E3, pre-E3 and any measurement of time in between.

They multiply after, go away D<

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2012, 02:49 PM
^ We'll see. I don't think it is even possible to multiply them at this point.

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2012, 02:53 PM
^ We'll see. I don't think it is even possible to multiply them at this point.

Nope, we're already IN a console war argument!

SO HAH!

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
Obviously, all the sites I see, everyday, spewing so much vitrol daily have been in motion for months.. All the different gaming review sites talking about "what can save [fill in the blank]" are going on. And the consistant trolling of the boards even leading up to this event.

Still. Whatever comes afterwards will come. Mostly on who won E3, some arguing whether it matters or not. Those typicals. They'll just be added as another discussion between the usual console issues.

Ark22
Jun 6, 2012, 06:44 PM
PSO2. There just Saved East and Aka from trouble =)

FOkyasuta
Jun 6, 2012, 07:42 PM
E3.

Announcing the death of Console Games?

Mike
Jun 6, 2012, 08:20 PM
If you're interested in talking about E3, try this topic (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195117).

Taigerr
Jun 8, 2012, 11:41 AM
Guys what are the timescales regarding beta for Vita please... Did Sega mention the month or was it just fall this year? Thanks

r00tabaga
Jun 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
Guys what are the timescales regarding beta for Vita please... Did Sega mention the month or was it just fall this year? Thanks

Summer '12

kdrakari
Jun 12, 2012, 01:10 AM
Summer is the PC release. Last dates I heard were some time this summer for the PC, this fall for the smartphone tie-in games, and early next year for the Vita. Of course, there will probably be some testing before each of those like there is for the PC version.

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2012, 10:09 AM
Summer is the PC release. Last dates I heard were some time this summer for the PC, this fall for the smartphone tie-in games, and early next year for the Vita. Of course, there will probably be some testing before each of those like there is for the PC version.

He was asking about the Vita beta though. Summer '12. Release '13.