PDA

View Full Version : Are there any red boxes???

Ryoga4523
Jun 7, 2012, 02:02 PM
I know its a stupid question, but we are all kidding ourselves if you did not pucker up a bit when you were in the middle of ruins fighting arlans, merlans, and Del-D's then all of a sudden in the corner of the screen you see a red box. So my question is, are there still red boxes in the game?

foreignreign
Jun 7, 2012, 02:04 PM
Yeah.

batfax
Jun 7, 2012, 02:04 PM
There are plenty and they are super pretty now.

However, they're also used for just regular equipment that needs to be ID'd instead of just super rares. Booo.

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2012, 02:06 PM
PD'd to the extreme, eh? There should also be rainbow boxes once red becomes common, so you know when you really get lucky. Stuff like Psycho Wands will be rainbow, if the pattern from the older games holds.

Ark22
Jun 7, 2012, 03:17 PM
Not gonna lie, I did like the rainbow drops. Looked so pretty and when you heard that sound, you immediately stop what you are doing and go for it.

Randomness
Jun 7, 2012, 03:21 PM
PD'd to the extreme, eh? There should also be rainbow boxes once red becomes common, so you know when you really get lucky. Stuff like Psycho Wands will be rainbow, if the pattern from the older games holds.

I think I saw four or five red boxes in the CB total though. All but one were tekker stuff, and I'd probably have liked them if I could read Japanese to understand the bonuses.

Then I got the best looking weapon I found in the beta - a gunslash that looked like it should be a short chainsaw with all it's triangular teeth on the blade, except that they didn't move (so it just rips and tears), and then they fold inside when it goes gun mode, so the thing visibly transformed.

Ryoga4523
Jun 7, 2012, 03:25 PM
Sweet. I cant wait to play. Thanks guys for confirming my wishes :)

any screen shots??? I am going to google it now. But PSOW cbt invitees would have better screen shots.

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2012, 03:41 PM
Then I got the best looking weapon I found in the beta - a gunslash that looked like it should be a short chainsaw with all it's triangular teeth on the blade, except that they didn't move (so it just rips and tears), and then they fold inside when it goes gun mode, so the thing visibly transformed.

The beta did have rares, and I liked how many of them looked. There was a golden spade that I wanted but never got, a golden curved sword, and what you just described. These were mainly in the later missions, and had a decent drop rate. You could also get it with the matter board. I think these are A rank or DB sword quality items.

TenebriS
Jun 7, 2012, 03:51 PM
If i remember right, red boxes werent really for rare weapons at all. Red boxes were only tekker stuff, normal weapons with some better stats. Rare weapons dropped as what they looked like, means the rare weapon drop looked like as how it would ahve looked equipped.

It was liek that in Alpha and if i remember right in beta too

Macman
Jun 7, 2012, 06:29 PM
I found these near the tail-end of CBT. They were friggen awesome.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560940105009969645/86DE92FBD4B7383ECB82C619CB35A4A29736D182/[/SPOILER-BOX]

RocSage
Jun 7, 2012, 06:33 PM
Red boxes from what I saw weren't what we call rares. They are now for weapons that you take to the tekker to be identified while, if memory serves, rares were dropped like all the other weapons but they had a red color on them rather than their normal color for the type of weapon.

Macman
Jun 7, 2012, 06:35 PM
^Honestly, I feel like it should be the other way around.

Also tekking needs to be at 10% the cost of what it was on CBT. Spending 1500 Meseta to ID a 1* item that's worth 100 Meseta upon NPC'ing it is totally backwards.

Ryoga4523
Jun 7, 2012, 08:09 PM
So the tekker items are in red boxes, and, thus far, have only been regular weapons with extra stats? Reminds me of the PSO ep 1 rares that would drop in brown regular boxes, but had Special ??? next to them.

Mitz
Jun 8, 2012, 06:49 AM
The red 'boxes' look a lot less impressive this time around. Sure they use prettier graphics and shaders but they're small, extremely common and don't have that feeling that make you go "oh my god" at any point. Maybe it's because they're smaller and not as deeply saturated color of red, maybe it's because they're far more common and don't really contain that much great stuff yet. I don't know.

Mag-X
Jun 8, 2012, 09:53 AM
"Rare" drops aren't as exciting now. They're usually just junk items with not-so-specials added abilities. At least they were in the beta. Also, no one else can see your drops, so there's no rush to go pick it up.