PDA

View Full Version : Okay so I registered for Pre-Open Beta or whatever..

sugarFO
Jun 7, 2012, 05:12 PM
Now what?

I didn't try the other beta. This will be my first.

Is it hard to get the hang of the game all in Japanese? I don't speak it lol.

Blackheart521
Jun 7, 2012, 05:18 PM
I think it's alot easier to get the hang of than playing JP PSU simply because you don't have as much content being thrown at you all at once, plus missions have pictures and other visual assistances that will cut down the language barrier quite a bit. not to mention people will definitely be helping with translations of everything in the game. I played perfectly comfortable when I was playing CB. and I kinda gave up on JP PSU cuz of the language barrier so that might tell you something of how easy it is. ^^

sugarFO
Jun 7, 2012, 05:20 PM
I think it's alot easier to get the hang of than playing JP PSU simply because you don't have as much content being thrown at you all at once, plus missions have pictures and other visual assistances that will cut down the language barrier quite a bit. not to mention people will definitely be helping with translations of everything in the game. I played perfectly comfortable when I was playing CB. and I kinda gave up on JP PSU cuz of the language barrier so that might tell you something of how easy it is. ^^

Thanks! I was so annoyed with JP PSU hhh. Are there a lot of stats you have to look at and stuff in this game?

Blackheart521
Jun 7, 2012, 05:31 PM
well there are stats, but once you learn where they all are in the menus through checking things out (equipping a melee weapon will obviously help you learn what the Melee attack stat is and such) or just by reading/watching someone's menu guide (there might be some on youtube but I could be mistaken) which are usually relatively short and to the point you can learn things and they stick in your mind from that point on... I think there is only Melee attack/Defense, Ranged Attack/Defense, Tech Attack/Defense then HP and TP and then elemental resistances but those are represented by small pictures in the menu. There is no EVA stat because you dodge manually, hopefully that helps ^^

LatinWolf
Jun 7, 2012, 05:45 PM
Well, there's a few things in our favor. The game is pretty intuitive so with some basic gaming logic navigating them isn't all that bad. To top it off there's a group of folks who (atleast during the closed beta) were translating the game and releasing english patches; very good ones too! Hopefully they will do the same from hear on.

moorebounce
Jun 7, 2012, 06:17 PM
Well, there's a few things in our favor. The game is pretty intuitive so with some basic gaming logic navigating them isn't all that bad. To top it off there's a group of folks who (atleast during the closed beta) were translating the game and releasing english patches; very good ones too! Hopefully they will do the same from hear on.

Gameguard did check all your files the first time you launched the game and if you had the wrong files it would automatically download and install the right ones. After that first launch in the CBT you could put the translated files in and play with english menus. IMO Sega will have GG check each time you fire it up at some point keeping people from using the translated files. Hopefully Sega will have all languages unlocked during the POBT and OBT.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 7, 2012, 08:11 PM
Gameguard did check all your files the first time you launched the game and if you had the wrong files it would automatically download and install the right ones. After that first launch in the CBT you could put the translated files in and play with english menus. IMO Sega will have GG check each time you fire it up at some point keeping people from using the translated files. Hopefully Sega will have all languages unlocked during the POBT and OBT.

i wouldn't doubt for a bit that SEGA is using modified versions of the fan made patches if they release multiple languages (after how shoddy PSU translations were, that be smart), also if GG checks every time, you can paste the files while the game is running, but it's less complete+^_^+

Randomness
Jun 7, 2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah, we can hope, anyways. If they add the English option at last, well...

MasterSpark
Jun 8, 2012, 02:37 AM
So far I've only created a SEGA ID for myself. I haven't seen any place where I can register for the pre-open beta. Where do I do that?

RocSage
Jun 8, 2012, 02:39 AM
So far I've only created a SEGA ID for myself. I haven't seen any place where I can register for the pre-open beta. Where do I do that?

You're already done.

MasterSpark
Jun 8, 2012, 02:40 AM
You're already done.

I never ran into a captcha, though. At least not that I know of. :-?

Edit: Now that I think of it, I might be getting things mixed up. Was a captcha even part of the ID registration process?

Jenni Porshakin
Jun 8, 2012, 10:18 AM
i wouldn't doubt for a bit that SEGA is using modified versions of the fan made patches if they release multiple languages (after how shoddy PSU translations were, that be smart), also if GG checks every time, you can paste the files while the game is running, but it's less complete+^_^+
Ahhh you just gave away the magic secret of how to defeat GameGuard. Shame on you :-D:-D:-D

Randomness
Jun 8, 2012, 10:40 AM
Ahhh you just gave away the magic secret of how to defeat GameGuard. Shame on you :-D:-D:-D

Game guard is worthless. Everyone knows it.

They'd get more mileage out of making all inventory actions happen exclusively server-side (with clients merely sending choices, then the server evaluates the proper result). Then you only have to worry about bugs... which game guard can't stop anyways... and SEGA has a poor history of dealing with.

Coatl
Jun 9, 2012, 11:14 AM
Does the gameguard in PSO2 work like an IP barricade?
I couldn't play some other mmos in other languages because of it. (ex: Brazilian GC)

Taitu
Jun 9, 2012, 11:48 AM
Does the gameguard in PSO2 work like an IP barricade?
I couldn't play some other mmos in other languages because of it. (ex: Brazilian GC)

When I first tried to play the beta I had an issue with the update server actually IP locking me from playing the game. After bypassing the Update with a proxy I was able to play the game proxy-free. Of course every case is different and perhaps you may have IP issues in regards to Gameguard. I have not heard of anyone being blocked from the game itself so far; however, I am also not omnipotent. Gameguard is generally notorious for creating more problems than it fixes.