PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Servers Close September 7th, 2012

BIG OLAF
Jun 8, 2012, 04:56 AM
You can find the link to Edward's thread here (http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?414770-Important-Notice-for-all-PSU-XB360-Players).

As someone who played the Xbox 360 version of PSU since it's initial release day, it's a bittersweet end, I'd say. I did love PSU, despite it's shortcomings, and it was a big part of my life for many years. Even though I don't play it anymore, I'm still going to miss it.

This song seems appropriate (and it's better than the PSU version).

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0KdPO1TWw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0KdPO1TWw[/spoiler-box]

Dragwind
Jun 8, 2012, 05:05 AM
and so nears the end of the light for our last regional PSU.

Lostbob117
Jun 8, 2012, 05:22 AM
Dammit! You beat me to it.

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 8, 2012, 05:23 AM
God I'm going to miss this game.

DeathDragon2332
Jun 8, 2012, 05:38 AM
God I'm going to miss this game.

Theres always JP ^_^

EvilMag
Jun 8, 2012, 05:39 AM
JP is pretty awesome. I'll even help anyone who is thinking about transferring.

Aeris
Jun 8, 2012, 06:21 AM
Might get back to playing on JP but sucks this one is now closing in a few months.

KoNeko1192
Jun 8, 2012, 07:38 AM
I'm rather sad that they're not allowing all previous subscribers to have free access for the last few months like they did with PC/PS2. I would love to take part in the ending festivities, but I don't want to pay to do so, especially since my characters will be disappearing.

Titan
Jun 8, 2012, 07:44 AM
Edward got tired of thinking of new names for all the new re-skin weapons.

gordon/alpha999
Jun 8, 2012, 07:46 AM

Lol..

Sayuri Stardust
Jun 8, 2012, 08:09 AM

Laughing hard at this

Fox2Tails
Jun 8, 2012, 08:19 AM
Six years and they still didn't finish the game. Lovely

OLDIRTYJURDY
Jun 8, 2012, 08:19 AM
This sucks i just now got the time to sit down and try out the online. and they are dropping it. wtf

serenade
Jun 8, 2012, 08:35 AM
does not surprise me. they drove away customers with poor support, and the dwindling subscriptions were just another reason for sega JP to finally cancel this version of the game.

thank god PSO2 is right around the corner.

Akaimizu
Jun 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yep. Desturel gave me the hint a few days ago. So it's now official.

DuRaL
Jun 8, 2012, 09:02 AM
damn you, sega, i don't want to pay $10 just to play on the last day x___x

Crysteon
Jun 8, 2012, 09:10 AM
Oh god...would this mean a new hoard of people will join/rejoin JP? Brace yourselves...

Japanese people will hate us even more.......

Freshellent
Jun 8, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'm glad I got my fix in before hearing this.

Farewell, PSU.

Akaimizu
Jun 8, 2012, 09:40 AM
damn you, sega, i don't want to pay $10 just to play on the last day x___x

I believe in his writeup, you'll get that money refunded back into your account.

Powder Keg
Jun 8, 2012, 09:40 AM
Six years and they still didn't finish the game. Lovely
This sums it up.

Anyone playing the regional version of PSO2 if the servers are separated shouldn't be mad if anyone calls them an idiot.

I had fun in the time I played though. I knew to call it quits when I found out we weren't getting that data.

xBladeM6x
Jun 8, 2012, 09:47 AM
This is very bitter-sweet for me. Here's my personal reasons.

Bitter:

I have spent the better part of 5 years on this game alone, and have watched it and myself grow, and I have been a part of a lot of great groups and have met some of the most amazing people I have ever know through it. (Also some of the worst, but eh). The saddest part for me personally, is knowing my photoshoot still exists, and yeah. http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...e-s-Photoshoot (http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?362902-Blade-s-Photoshoot) I've called this game my home for a long time, and I've been proud to do so. (Until the last year or so). I won't lie, one of my favorite pastimes on this game was ranting to my group of friends in general about PSU, but always playing like an addict. Lol. xD The reason this is bitter is just seeing all this go.

Sweet:

Seeing this dying horse being put to rest. No more people being divided by "the way this game should be handled" and no more of the disgusting nature of the beast rearing it's ugly head. The game really has turned into a craphole as of the last year or two. It's the reason I stopped playing "seriously" on it. Most of the people on used to be decent, now it's just the demo all over again, except just a dating service. At the same time, the feeling of loss is diminished knowing PSO2 is on it's way and that a lot of people will be moving to it, so the adventure never truly ends!

On that note. Here's my illustration of my feelings about it.

http://i.imgur.com/3snIV.png

DuRaL
Jun 8, 2012, 10:24 AM
I believe in his writeup, you'll get that money refunded back into your account.

oh, they do that? then i'll consider playing the last 2 or 3 days :3

Powder Keg
Jun 8, 2012, 10:32 AM
Read closely:

Players who still have a GUARDIANS license active following the close date will have their subscription refunded by Microsoft on a pro-rated basis.

So it looks like you'll only get money back if your license runs through the closure date for that final month's subscription. Signing up now will have you pay normally.

DuRaL
Jun 8, 2012, 10:36 AM
alright, thanks!

i'll be in tokyo (without my xbox) until sept. 3rd so i'll only be able to play for the last 3 days or so anyway~

see you all before the server shuts down =D

xBladeM6x
Jun 8, 2012, 10:43 AM
Read closely:

So it looks like you'll only get money back if your license runs through the closure date. Signing up now will have you pay normally.
What exactly does it mean? I've been paying for 5 years straight. I'm going to get all that money back suddenly? :O

BIG OLAF
Jun 8, 2012, 11:02 AM
What exactly does it mean? I've been paying for 5 years straight. I'm going to get all that money back suddenly? :O

Only for the last month, if subbed and your renewal date is after the 7th.

ashley50
Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 AM
It's about time they pull the plug on it.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 8, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'm glad I left that dying ship for JP 3 months ago :)

Now I just hope we dont get a huge influx of douches from the 360 on the JP servers. Then JP players are really going to hate us when all of the scammers, spammers, rude, etc etc players join =P

That said can't say I didnt see this coming. PSU failed as a whole but atleast JP got content. PSU was handled horribly in the states.

For this reason alone I hope PSO2 stays jp only.

Anyone who trust SoA after playing psu is just plain ****ing stupid and deserves to get bendover by them =P

Powder Keg
Jun 8, 2012, 11:45 AM
I'm glad I left that dying ship for JP 3 months ago :)

Now I just hope we dont get a huge influx of douches from the 360 on the JP servers. Then JP players are really going to hate us when all of the scammers, spammers, rude, etc etc players join =P

That said can't say I didnt see this coming. PSU failed as a whole but atleast JP got content. PSU was handled horribly in the states.

For this reason alone I hope PSO2 stays jp only.

Anyone who trust SoA after playing psu is just plain ****ing stupid and deserves to get bendover by them =P
While I would feel bad for the server if some of said morons migrate, it's really Sega of Japan's fault in the first place for not handling the game properly. It's a direct result from their decisions.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 8, 2012, 11:54 AM
To be fair that's true. However you have to take microsoft into considiration. I still find it funny how people dont really know how much microsoft "ruined" this game too.

I'm sure SoJ wanted some DLC for the 360 but micro would never allow it unless they were getting like what 50%? Of the profits?

There's waaaay too many reasons as to why this game failed sooo hard here.

JP's attitude of "ah whatever they dont really care anyways.." SoA horrible incompetence and lack of support (non existing support I should say) and microsoft always wanting a big piece of the pie. All of these things are the perfect ingredients for failure =P

Powder Keg
Jun 8, 2012, 12:01 PM
That could be true, but it's all speculation. Let's just wait and see if they can make up for their mistakes when PSO2 arrives. I think we'll have a pretty good idea early on.

Iritista Spellstone
Jun 8, 2012, 12:05 PM
i just broke my DC going from 9/10 to 10^ and my magana slayer 47% ice going from 5/10 to 6. i was all pissed, but not anymore. i'm going to give all my wepeons away to friends and then tell them the game is closing ^^. thanks psu for 4years of bs and shit grindes! even when you're closing you could'nt give me a 10^. shows that you care. now i'm thinking of learning JP to get even more bs on their servers! bye <insert cruel, vivid description of time wasted> psu.

Yuicihi
Jun 8, 2012, 01:05 PM
I'm actually surprised that it's lasted quite this long. It... Well, it was certainly something. If you would have told me at launch that this thing would run into 2012, I probably would have laughed at you.

I'm sure SoJ wanted some DLC for the 360 but micro would never allow it unless they were getting like what 50%? Of the profits?

Microsoft also charges to push out updates, so there's that.

Drifting Fable
Jun 8, 2012, 02:11 PM
Well, time to accomplish all my PSU dreams before the servers close up. Ely Sion I shall claim thee! Then I can move on to PSO 2 with no regrets.

MrSibby
Jun 8, 2012, 02:28 PM
R.I.P. Im gonna miss psu, But its better off this way tho. I feel as if Sega cared more for Sonic than they did for PSU. ;(

Chik'Tikka
Jun 8, 2012, 02:51 PM
all i can say, is thank god i quit when i did+^_^+ most of my stuff went to Sayuri in a contest here, but some in game players bought some of my pallet+^_^+ believe it or not, i miss the demo more (yeah i played the demo, but i played full game long before demo shut down), I've always had a soft spot for helping noobs+^_^+ now i now there's nothing to go back to+^_^+ *i wonder how M$ will feel having a game that doesn't play online anymore?*

Akaimizu
Jun 8, 2012, 03:22 PM
Well, considering all the other games that are online, and more online games coming, probably not that much. Consoles haven't really been much into games that resemble the P2P method for fear that too much of it will cut down sales of their own library.

Sayuri Stardust
Jun 8, 2012, 05:43 PM
all i can say, is thank god i quit when i did+^_^+ most of my stuff went to Sayuri in a contest here, but some in game players bought some of my pallet+^_^+ believe it or not, i miss the demo more (yeah i played the demo, but i played full game long before demo shut down), I've always had a soft spot for helping noobs+^_^+ now i now there's nothing to go back to+^_^+ *i wonder how M$ will feel having a game that doesn't play online anymore?*

Yes the irony, but it was fun while it lasted. I remember when i got my first real taste of Phantasy Star with the PSU demo. Hooked for months.

.......And that was just the demo

Enforcer MKV
Jun 8, 2012, 06:09 PM
*says a quiet prayer*

Rest in peace, friend. Rest in peace.

Skorn
Jun 8, 2012, 06:12 PM
o well. The end was close after the re-skinned weapons. Hopefully they announce that PSO2 is coming to the west sometime soon and we can look forward to that. I'll have to get my guardians licsense back before the end and play a bit more.

xenokai
Jun 8, 2012, 06:22 PM
Gl Played it on pc at launch but wasnt impressed and was thinking of goin to the 360 ver last month glade i didnt. But honestly shuttting this down they could atleast announce a US pso2!

xenokai
Jun 8, 2012, 06:26 PM
Did anyone see this...?

"We look forward to taking our memories and the lessons learned from this game as we prepare to move into the future. There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months. For now, please feel free to share your memories of this game and know we look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future!"

Sounds like PSO2 to me. I hope.

BWS-1
Jun 8, 2012, 06:28 PM
Did anyone see this...?

"We look forward to taking our memories and the lessons learned from this game as we prepare to move into the future. There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months. For now, please feel free to share your memories of this game and know we look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future!"

Sounds like PSO2 to me. I hope.

They said something similar - if not copy-paste similar - when PC/PS2 PSU shut down.

Still, hoping for that to be PSO2-related.

Mike_Tizzle
Jun 8, 2012, 07:09 PM
This makes me a very very sad panda....I've been playing for 5 years, and this game was the whole initial reason why I got an xbox in the first place. A very sad day indeed...

Sinue_v2
Jun 8, 2012, 07:20 PM
They should have done this years ago. Ah well. There's not much more I could really berate this game (or ST in general) over that I haven't said in the past, and that many, many other people haven't already stated or are feeling. Well, except for the fact that the Xbox Live version of AoTI doesn't have an offline mode, so when the servers go down - players are stuck with the vanilla title's offline mode. Though I guess that's not the most important part of the game for most players anyhow, and if they want AoTI content offline, they could always download the PC version.

The real shame of it is though, that PSP2Infinity turned out to be one hell of a good game. It would be amazing if they could use all of the graphics resources they already have and port a HD version of that to the XBL Arcade and PSN.

Psu5675
Jun 8, 2012, 07:23 PM
yes i heared about it we love you sega not

just swich it to xbox live

indescribably
Jun 8, 2012, 08:59 PM
360 was my original home before I made the transition to JP. I still have an unopened copy of PSU that I got from the SEGA PSZero release they held a few years back here in SF. It's unfortunate that PSU will be a completely foreign game now, but I'm glad to have fond (and horrible) memories of US 360 PSU.

God Speed...

Akumamaru
Jun 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
funny thing is my subscription ran out the day before the update now i hear its being shut down hope they do what they did for PC/PS2 and give anyone who had an ID a free last month

ECarminan
Jun 8, 2012, 09:44 PM
I'm surprised they didn't do so earlier, but- is a private server on the 360 possible or is everyone going to have to switch to JP if they want to keep playing? I think I might do that, but losing all that data from the 360 version seems pretty discouraging to me to play 500+ hours again just to get at least a level 170...

Akaimizu
Jun 8, 2012, 09:48 PM
I probably won't bother to continue with PSU on a Japanese server after the 360 version goes down. Besides, I've already recreated my characters on PSP2 and such, and they pretty much live on from there.

The thing I knew I could do with the portable versions is have full-enough access to the content and even utilize multiplayer without even the need for infrastructure servers.

Now 've been eyeing the idea of going to PSP2infinity, and due to Sony's recent digital treatment of their PSN PSP games, I'll probably have to pick up the physical UMD copy of it. (Which kind of sucks, because PSP2 played best on a GO cradled to an HDTV with a PS3 controller) Still, whether or not I even get that so close to a possible release of PSO2 may make me take pause. But then again, PSP2i is a complete package with no dependency on the servers unlike PSO2.

Still, I'm no stranger to losing well over 1000 hours of play from an online game that shuts down. For a lot of games, it happens eventually. You simply enjoy the memories of all you did and remember it was the journey and accomplishments. I'm still glad that SEGA saw fit to make portable versions of their games to allow you to do the same and yet never worry about server shut downs again. So I jumped right on top of them. They were the phantasy stars where they were all mine. Kind of like having a Phantasy Star Online with your own built-in server with it.

Ryno
Jun 8, 2012, 10:15 PM
Sad to see it go but happy that I played it all through the years since day one. :-)
So i'm in a Sad happy mood. LoL
since XBOX 360 servers are ending.

I should post this Vid . when PSU 1st came out. it's like a great thank you memory to remember song.
and the 1st video
and also post myself long time ago when it came out.
it's Actually Sad to see it go but in a sad happy way. because I played it since day one.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/sad.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/mehr1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsqXHQBi5VY&list=FLqyT7rnZPILqf4Yu9SVWLmw&index=122&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HIlPmZZayI&feature=autoplay&list=FLqyT7rnZPILqf4Yu9SVWLmw&playnext=3
[/SPOILER-BOX]

in the long run you guys already know it will happen to PSO2 someday. just give it 4-5 years then it wil be just like PSU. because it will die down and most will go back to maybe playing original PSO since it's the 1st and only original ( excluding the Phantasy Star Classic ). :-D

Noblewine
Jun 9, 2012, 12:19 AM
I guess I'm going to give borderlands a chance and also go back to Castlevania HD.
Thanks sega. <.<

DesignZ
Jun 9, 2012, 12:20 AM
Great memories, greater friends. Thanks all again!

NeoMusashi
Jun 9, 2012, 10:34 AM
Wow, was hoping for more content to be released. Oh well tis sad to see another PS game die while i'm playing it. Is JP PSU worth it? Trying to make my WarTecher live on another server might not be worth it. Sad to see it go, now i need to find another game to keep me busy. JP PSU or i might cave in and try out TERA....

Thanks Sega for memories...even if i keep watching servers die lol

Polly
Jun 9, 2012, 10:49 AM
Wow, was hoping for more content to be released. Oh well tis sad to see another PS game die while i'm playing it. Is JP PSU worth it? Trying to make my WarTecher live on another server might not be worth it. Sad to see it go, now i need to find another game to keep me busy. JP PSU or i might cave in and try out TERA....

Thanks Sega for memories...even if i keep watching servers die lol

Tera's pretty fun, if a bit quest grindy, (I don't think that'd bother PSU fans) but I'd greatly suggest that you try and fall in with a good static group or an active guild that's not full of the internet's treasure trove of buttholes. I've encountered a level of elitism in the game that has seriously put a stop to my forward progression through the world and it's largely due to not being able to finish content because the community is terrible and hates competing for loot with classes that share equipment.

AnonymousHat00
Jun 9, 2012, 11:31 AM
I am honestly sad about this. I'm going to miss all of the people that i have played with. I will never forget anyone that i have played with for the 4 years i have spent on PSU.

On another note i dont thinbk the JP server is an option for me considering i don't really feel like starting over from anew after this.

Thanks SEGA for making the last 4 years of PSU fun and enjoyable for me!

EtherForce
Jun 9, 2012, 12:37 PM
My main servers already shut down a while ago...

I suppose I'll be a little sad-face when these shut down, but then Tekken Tag 2 will out come out and I'll be happy again! :3

Clessy
Jun 9, 2012, 12:46 PM
End of another PS era. I wanna just jump on right now and grind my heart out to max level but I feel no need. I wish they'd raise the level cap to 200. It feels so odd to end at 185. Oh well It was some good times and it was some bad times. All in all I will have my fond memories of the times that where amazing. Great thing about memories is we tend to always see everything with rose tined glasses. PSU mostly sucked compared to pso but in 10 years I will be talking about how great it was.

Daemon Gildas
Jun 9, 2012, 03:02 PM
I gotta say, it'd really be nice to transfer my character to the Japanese servers, if only for sentimental reasons.

Actually, is that possible?

Tetsaru
Jun 9, 2012, 04:30 PM
HAHAHAHA... wow. :lol: Not to be a douchebag or anything, but I lol'd hard when I saw this on the front page today. Given the way Sega was running things, I knew it was only a matter of time, although I admit it did last longer than I expected it to. Welp, that's what you get for suddenly saying this is a "different version" of the game, and not fixing the blatant issues that your paying fans (or perhaps former fans) were complaining about all these years. At least Square-Enix took major action to turn FF14 around when they realized people hated it...

Let this be a lesson to Sakai and his development team, because I'd REALLY hate to see PSO2 suffer a similar fate. In the meantime, I'm going to continue laughing my ass off and indulge myself in the fact that, despite being overzealous and misguided at times, my old rants about PSU that everyone hated on me for, just might hold some truth and substance now. :razz:

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzL0cB8fScw&list=FL_m3ntsPQI9URP91PnyMGuQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video
[/spoiler-box]

SupaHype
Jun 9, 2012, 05:07 PM
Song is completely fitting Big Olaf. Somehow the music they pick for Phantasy Star intro's just doesn't seem to get old.... Been playing this one since the beta... "Save our World" before that on PSO....

Psu5675
Jun 9, 2012, 05:23 PM
bye psu thank good night much love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYW-4zPKLE
dam you sega you

Ryno
Jun 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
and all the work we did with item submission with PC and 360 servers!
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/

at least it will be a memory to us.

Psu5675
Jun 9, 2012, 06:04 PM
and all the work we did with item submission with PC and 360 servers!
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/

at least it will be a memory to us.

http://psupedia.info
works better for me

Psu5675
Jun 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
this is what you get when try to sell weeky updates to us we never see the updates just like psu on pc and ps2 went down
big greedy industries companies try to get more money out of so
just sell us the game and dlc sega that way we still see what in the games

here your xmax lobby update again and again and here your event which some times uses old misson of an old event bad dlc to pay for to start off with i know i will pay you now for it so i can see all the dlc

Ryno
Jun 9, 2012, 06:27 PM
http://psupedia.info
works better for me

I mean for the people who submitted items there in the 1st place since day one. when PSU came out. including myself. like a memory to remember.

HIT0SHI
Jun 9, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm surprised on how long this version lasted!
Well, i've already got an Opa-Opa, Elec Distortion, Samba Maracas, Sega R-mags, Sato, Drill Knuckles, Drill Launcher and the Robopitch ("SEGA" Grenade Launcher) so im pretty much set on my dream weapons except for the Demolition Comet...

Aside from that I have no regrets...

blazingsonic
Jun 9, 2012, 10:13 PM
You can find the link to Edward's thread here (http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?414770-Important-Notice-for-all-PSU-XB360-Players).

As someone who played the Xbox 360 version of PSU since it's initial release day, it's a bittersweet end, I'd say. I did love PSU, despite it's shortcomings, and it was a big part of my life for many years. Even though I don't play it anymore, I'm still going to miss it.

This song seems appropriate (and it's better than the PSU version).

[spoiler-box]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0KdPO1TWw[/spoiler-box]

You always seem to say what I feel and how did you score that sig? What game is that? I always find it funny how your characters looks similar to mine. lol

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2012, 10:23 PM
You always seem to say what I feel and how did you score that sig? What game is that? I always find it funny how your characters looks similar to mine. lol

My friend made it for me.

It's PSO2, dude.

blazingsonic
Jun 9, 2012, 10:29 PM
My friend made it for me.

It's PSO2, dude.

Well I know my current Laptop won't explode if I play it, well the character create mode worked fine, not pretty but end, still I'll have to bust my ass to get the right parts to play PSO2

Deva_Pein
Jun 9, 2012, 11:42 PM
Im sad its ending and I am a newer player of this game so i have missed alot, but the time i have spent on my main toon. about 300+ hours, ive built a bond with my character and i really really wish that (this is a thing i am stealing from WoW {World of Warcraft}) I could go to an Official site (thats actually used not that psu crappy one site thing) and purchase a statue/Figurine of my character. I would pay easy 60-80+ dollars for one of my characters to be created into a statue/figurine. I love my Character and the time I have spent, whilst small compared to other players... I really wish I could keep something to remind me, of the very first, MMO i have ever subbed into and really enjoyed.. I love my Character and after September 7th... I will not forget...

Vintasticvin
Jun 9, 2012, 11:53 PM
Its total chaos right now D: 4th floor is on fire, people mugged clothes ripped off and stolen, people breaking into and looting player's shops. And NPC vendors are armed to the teeth in anticipation to the madness comming into their stores. The Lollies are even going berserk like a demon imp hooped up on sugar and narcotics with a shot of redbull. :D Its total chaotic anarchy!!!!

RocketZX
Jun 10, 2012, 12:42 AM
oh crap! I was wonder when this was gonna happen, and I thought it would run till PSO2 comes out in USA/Europe/anywhere other than Japan
I wonder when the JP server is gonna shut down though, i'm still playing on there.

RocketZX
Jun 10, 2012, 12:43 AM
"The Lollies are even going berserk like a demon imp hooped up on sugar and narcotics with a shot of redbull."
ROFL OMG I SO PICTURED THAT IN MY HEAD...

Proto07
Jun 10, 2012, 02:27 AM
I feel sad despite not playing in over a year. My char will be going to CAST heaven :(

I hope sega allows everyone to play for free for the last month. I want to break grind my SNG.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 10, 2012, 02:31 AM
omg you siggy, that is gonna be the first thing I'm going to try and make with the banner art in PSO2+^_^+ just had to say+^_^+
also i was a cast AT on 360 too+^_^+ before i quit+^_^+

blazingsonic
Jun 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
How do I get on the JP server, might as well check it out.

Cranberry
Jun 10, 2012, 09:11 AM
JP PSU will probably last 1 or 2 years after PSO2 comes out before it goes down. Sega typically shuts down the previous version of a game within 2 years of its successor being released. JP PSOBB lasted longer but only because Sega sold it to Hangames. If JP PSU doesn't get sold to another company, it probably has about 2 years left.

Psu5675
Jun 10, 2012, 01:21 PM
Phantasy Star Portable - Save This World [vMix]
Yes
Save This World
Stop Sega Makeing The Same Mistakes

Psu5675
Jun 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
no another note we could give we could all donate to sega 32usd to to get all updates unlock then run it on
my services for 1usd each

on change of geting are money back for all the wasted time we are all happy with that too make others
believe that on this site and on sega.com forum funny that sell out

Phantasy Star Portable - Save This World [vMix]
Yes
Save This World
Stop Sega Makeing The Same Mistakes

IT is the time it is the time to do better

Reikoku na kuma
Jun 10, 2012, 02:50 PM
I used to be on 360 servers....glad I left near the end of 1st MAG the 2nd. Left for PC servers. My brief stay there till server was killed was very enjoyable. Now 360 server going bye bye. Do I care? Not really. Who do I feel sorry for? Any of the PC players who migrated to PSU 360 only to experince this a 2nd time. -.-;

Kent
Jun 10, 2012, 07:19 PM
Anyone else think that Sega should release a quick title update to the game, to make it so that Christmas decorations are permanently in all of the lobby areas for anyone who plays offline after the server shutdown date?

Vintasticvin
Jun 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Anyo5675ne gets the feeling PSU 5675 is just here to get us all riled up and angry?

Heskett
Jun 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
Anyo5675ne gets the feeling PSU 5675 is just here to get us all riled up and angry?

Nah, he's just here to be outrageously autistic to provide humor for us all.

DerpiestShazbot
Jun 10, 2012, 11:54 PM
Wasn't online access made free for the final moments of the PC/PS2 servers?

Do you guys think they will do the same for Xbox 360? It would be really nice if they did that so everyone could get back on and reminisce before it's gone for good.

Anduril
Jun 11, 2012, 01:35 AM
I'm a bit sad, but I can't say I didn't see this coming. I have my memories and most were good, so I guess that's all there is to it.

bloodflowers
Jun 11, 2012, 07:32 AM
Honestly I was expecting that September would be an announcement of a March closure. This was quite sudden, and quite sad. It wouldn't surprise me if the 360 servers are still in profit at the moment, which makes it all the more surprising.

Not sure what Edward's exciting news could be. If it's PSO2, that's not very exciting at all to the vast majority of 360 players who played it on the 360 *because they don't play games on PCs*, and even if they did, who in their right mind would play on any PS* regional server again?

.Rusty.
Jun 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
The news will be ethan waber being a playable character in segas mario kart clone XD

EvilMag
Jun 11, 2012, 11:31 AM
Nah the news will be a BRAND NEW SONIC GAME and it features a Phantasy Star reference for only a second!

Vintasticvin
Jun 11, 2012, 03:13 PM
Nah the news will be a BRAND NEW SONIC GAME and it features a Phantasy Star reference for only a second!

That would be so effing awesome (jus kidding)

Psu5675
Jun 11, 2012, 03:15 PM
Nah, he's just here to be outrageously autistic to provide humor for us all.

humor will help not want to kill sega joke

bupjo
Jun 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
quitting when i did was a pretty good call. i played PSU the very day it came out in '06, looked forward to the updates, stuck with it up until our servers became "unique", by then i had had enough of hoping we'd catch up with the japanese servers. not sad to see it go, and can't believe it stayed as long as it did.

i thought i remember reading something in a gaming mag saying Sega was gonna support PSU 360 for at least 5 to 6 years...i guess they at least stuck to that promise. i am glad i did record some of my runs and took pics of my avatars. PSU 360 had the potential to be so much more than what it was. i played PSU 90% of the time, i remember i couldn't wait to get home from work and do a few runs. what i did love about PSU was that it was easy enough to do solo runs...the stupid folks i'd run into just wasn't worth getting my blood pressure up over...so i am thankful that PSU didn't force me to join parties. but then i am quite anti-social when playing online games anyway.

well, so long PSU 360, wish my memories of you were more positive after the announcement that we have "unique" servers and the delightful re-skins...but from 2006 to 2010, i had a helluva time.

Strogg
Jun 12, 2012, 09:42 AM
if its possable i would like to move over to psu jp but how do you create a account?

Proto07
Jun 12, 2012, 09:44 AM
if its possable i would like to move over to psu jp but how do you create a account?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176829

Start here.

MoonlightMyau
Jun 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
This is very sad news. I was never as "attached" to PSU as I was to PSO but I will still miss it.

I must say, although I expected it to be shutdown within the next year or 2, this seems a tad sudden especially as Sega only just seemed to tackle some of the issues the server had. In fact now I think about it, it doesn't make sense that they'd have the servers fixed only to shut the game down. :-?

I have met some really nice people on PSU over the years & have some fond memories of playing the game (and some not so fond memories).

I hope the last few months on there will be awesome.

RadiantLegend
Jun 12, 2012, 05:39 PM
Got burned when pc/ps2 servers closed, glad I didn't move to the xbox. Oh well, sry guys, hope pso2 turns out better.

Dragwind
Jun 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
Although I only worked half-decently on one capped character for the 360 server, I'm glad I didn't go all-out a second time. PC/PS2 shutting down was hard enough, but I'll still shed a tear for the times I had on the 360 server as well. We still have some time left, so there's still opportunities to make new memories. If anyone's interested in doing some runs, I'll be around until shutdown.

DarkRedrum007
Jun 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
Better for it to be gone. PSO2 will have all the stuff most people wanted.

PSO Xbox Vet. repping Dav: 10

Dark Redrum lvl 194

Dark JoKeR lvl 200

Dark Arcon lvl 191

Mr. Tubby lvl 1

OldCoot
Jun 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
Kind of hit me hard hearing the "Official news" but I could see this coming a long time and this was what led me to quit and see friends move on as well. I guess the good thing is that with the servers gone there will be no incentive to try and go back and single player isn't enough to keep me going.

darkfighterx
Jun 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
JP is pretty awesome. I'll even help anyone who is thinking about transferring.

yes help me...where do i sign lol?

Ryno
Jun 15, 2012, 05:53 PM
the best part of my great memory of 360 servers will always be.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/85.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ithildin
Jun 15, 2012, 06:57 PM
I dunno if I had any good memories on the 360 server as such. I always found it far too American. Far too many US players would shout out crap over the headset and in all honesty make me feel anxious. PSU is all about co-operation. I really never understood players that wanted to be better than everyone else. Calm down and carry on.

Sinue_v2
Jun 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1254&pictureid=28333

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1254&pictureid=28334

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1254&pictureid=28335

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1254&pictureid=28337

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1254&pictureid=28336

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1254&pictureid=28338

NegaTsukasa
Jun 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
nothing lasts forever. I never did join the online bit of this game. however I'm amazed it is that time again when another PS game gets its official servers turned off.
welp, it's only a matter of time before the PSU threads become as slow moving and nearly in-active as the PSO threads. :/

NH Chainsaw Edge
Jun 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Darnet D:

Vintasticvin
Jun 16, 2012, 03:41 PM
I have linked this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3AJx6XCUVs with Sega subtly telling us the servers will not always be online and that they will have to shut down eventualy... SOME of the lyrics I feel are connected to the said statement. have a listen if you dare and lemme know if Im right or just crazy.

Janettie
Jun 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
does not surprise me. they drove away customers with poor support, and the dwindling subscriptions were just another reason for sega JP to finally cancel this version of the game.

thank god PSO2 is right around the corner.

This has occurred with every single online game Sega has ever released.

I am curious why you think PSO2 will be the magical exception.

Sega customer support is an oxymoron... they do not care about their customers. If you enjoy their games, they are worth purchasing for that reason alone. Certainly not because they care about their game for more than a source of short-term income. Do not ever expect them to last.

The Sega of old died a long, long time ago. :(

Edit: Honestly, I was more upset about them shutting down the PS2/PC servers than Xbox, but it changes very little...

DragonForce
Jun 19, 2012, 12:56 AM
The only memory I have that stands out is getting a blackbull outside the 1up event and being the envy of all the fortegunners. Too bad shit like that doesn't happen anymore.

XGalvatronX
Jun 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
Wow.

Cannot believe this is really happening, but at the same time I can.

I haven't played PSU in a while, but I got the game in '06 day it was released. Been playing PS games since the Master System and still own all of them.

PSU was such a huge part of my life. A really good part too. Met so many cool people who I have unfortunately lost touch with (PSP Demon/BigRigatoni/Meerkat/Bloodrayne) just to name a few. Was talking to a friend the other day and she asked if I still play the game, and I was thinking no, but I really would like to.

I remember the days I couldn't wait to get home from work to do some runs, and how many Saturdays and Sundays I spent just playing the hell out of it and doing endless runs. Can't believe it's been 6 years. Unbelievable.

I'm definitely going to be on now until the end.

Sad to see it go, but seeing how Sega treated this game and it's customers, I can't say I'm totally surprised.

Akumamaru
Jun 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
i know im late to the party about creating a thread about PSU 360 being shutdown in september but here goes! been there for about 5 years and loved every minute of it im just sad that i wasnt able to capture any of my time there but i have a song that perfectly captures my feelings and experiences in PSU hope you guys listen to this song and agree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdFjZX1s_Y

GUARDIANS WE STAND, STRONG TILL THE END!

DragonXIII
Jun 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
GUARDIANS Forever, and into the future we go.

DragonForce
Jun 24, 2012, 04:50 PM
i know im late to the party about creating a thread about PSU 360 being shutdown in september but here goes! been there for about 5 years and loved every minute of it im just sad that i wasnt able to capture any of my time there but i have a song that perfectly captures my feelings and experiences in PSU hope you guys listen to this song and agree

Last Man Stands Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdFjZX1s_Y)

GUARDIANS WE STAND, STRONG TILL THE END!

Fuck yeah Dragonforce!!!

Too bad there won't be anyone standing. xD

Vintasticvin
Jun 24, 2012, 06:03 PM
Fuck yeah Dragonforce!!!

Too bad there won't be anyone standing. xD

*Waves at you from JP's PSU* Hai :3 I'l still be standing for a bit longer.

Mouse^2
Jun 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
finally join forum just to say good bye to psu *sniff

Nicktendonick
Jul 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
On the bright side, you get to spend time with fellow fans here. One door closes, another opens. This vet welcomes you to the fourms.

---------------

For me, I'm not too sad. Aside from that I never played 360 version, it'd rather stick with how PSP2 is now, I'm use to that now.

PSU had a great run, and it was a amazing sucessor to one of the greatest games I've ever played, PSO.

Is there any way to download and play episode 3 offline? or will that be lost forever? That's just the only complaint i'd have about it, not being able to finish the story offline.

Sinue_v2
Jul 17, 2012, 07:39 PM
Is there any way to download and play episode 3 offline? or will that be lost forever? That's just the only complaint i'd have about it, not being able to finish the story offline.

No, I think they're pretty much gone for good. Best you can hope for is perhaps some day like in a decade or two in the future, Sega might make a new Phantasy Star Collection Pack which includes PSU and all it's storyline quests from Ep II & III. Don't hold your breath though.

At least if you're on the PC version, you still get to play AoTI offline. Xbox 360 owners can't access AoTI offline, so when the servers go down, they're stuck with vanilla PSU.

Squall179
Jul 18, 2012, 12:42 AM
Ok I'll admit it...

I enjoyed the hell out of PSU.

It wasn't PSO, it never could be, why? Because it wasn't PSO, it was PSU, it was made to be its own game. I had one hell of a wild ride the whole way through, from the start, to the end of the PS2/PC servers.

I'll carry on, in PSP2, but I'll never forget the wild adventure that PSU was, the friends made there, the battles fought.....

I remember the first Dulk Fakis encounter for online mode....everyone on the team was down except for me, I had no moons left, and couldn't even get near it. Killed the SOB with a Youmei handgun heh! None of us had been prepared for that to be that hard hehe.

Damn that game was fun.

Kayla5927
Jul 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
Darn, I was going to start playing again. Sigh.
Well, time to look even more forward to PSO2.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 25, 2012, 04:03 AM
Darn, I was going to start playing again. Sigh.
Well, time to look even more forward to PSO2.
PSO2 is already out so why wait?

DeathDragon2332
Jul 25, 2012, 05:24 AM
PSO2 is already out so why wait?

Maybe he means US release?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 25, 2012, 04:42 PM
ew gross

DeathDragon2332
Jul 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
ew gross

Ha ha yes ><

SMUT
Jul 31, 2012, 01:40 PM
Damn, i have been wanting to play again for months. I guess they couldn't wait for me to get a job to enjoy it for a little bit...

ZcRaider
Jul 31, 2012, 09:25 PM
As a xbox player for more than 2 years, i quit this game about 2 years ago lol....

But I will continue to miss it. But for now, my energy will be in PSO2.

Early, R.I.P PSU

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19yjoUfbZtw&feature=fvwrel[/SPOILER-BOX]

bloodflowers
Aug 1, 2012, 02:17 PM

Unlikely - that's the kind of tasteless joke you can't mention at dinner parties.

DeathDragon2332
Aug 1, 2012, 02:58 PM
Unlikely - that's the kind of tasteless joke you can't mention at dinner parties.

Ha ha.

xXJoshXx
Aug 3, 2012, 09:36 AM
farewell 360 server. <3333

Psu5675
Aug 9, 2012, 10:24 AM
Save This World from sega what Clowns they are hope PSO2 LOL

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 11, 2012, 01:11 AM
Save This World from sega what Clowns they are hope PSO2 LOL

wut???

Volcompat321
Aug 11, 2012, 01:48 PM
Should have read this before I sub'd again..
Cancelled it right away..
Never got fully back into it after the Pc/Ps2 shutdown anyway..
PSO2 will be in my future, definitely.

firefox kyuubi
Aug 25, 2012, 07:37 PM
Even though I quit a few years back, I am truly going to miss this game. I can't believe it.

FirefoxKyuubi
Aug 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
360 was my original home before I made the transition to JP. I still have an unopened copy of PSU that I got from the SEGA PSZero release they held a few years back here in SF. It's unfortunate that PSU will be a completely foreign game now, but I'm glad to have fond (and horrible) memories of US 360 PSU.

God Speed...

Hope I wasn't included in those bad moments Odessa lmao.

MoonlightMyau
Sep 6, 2012, 07:44 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know what time the server is due to go offline? Will it be right away on the 7th (midnight), or do we get to play on the 7th?

Thank you.

Edit: Just saw this post on the official message boards : http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?421361-PSU-Final-Day& .

Noblewine
Sep 6, 2012, 11:18 AM
I guess I'm going to miss the server closure and won't be on the final day.

FirefoxKyuubi
Sep 6, 2012, 06:52 PM
Anyone get kicked off the Server after receiving an Email from Xbox? I feel bad. there was still a few people I wanted to say goodbye too. I miss this game already.

blazingsonic
Sep 7, 2012, 05:24 PM
Off to the next adventure.

MoonlightMyau
Sep 8, 2012, 03:40 AM
Anyone get kicked off the Server after receiving an Email from Xbox? I feel bad. there was still a few people I wanted to say goodbye too. I miss this game already.

This happened to quite a lot of people, sadly. Very annoying that the "official" response was more or less an "Oh, well!".

I do think it's a little funny that my last game on PSU 360, was a solo run with my partner machine in Linear Line, which I lagged out from. Then I couldn't log back in because of the guardian's license issue. Pretty much sums up my experience with the game :D.

I will miss PSU 360 very much.