PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

EvilMag
Jun 8, 2012, 07:18 AM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?414770-Important-Notice-for-all-PSU-XB360-Players

Edward is hinting at PSO2. Can we please shut up about PSO2 not coming to NA?

CelestialBlade
Jun 8, 2012, 07:24 AM
Not sure I'm getting how this hints at PSO2, as much as I'd like to believe that. All I see is a long-overdue shutdown notice.

Unless you mean "moving forward" but that's far too vague and politically-correct to be a hint at anything. Not trying to be a pessimist but I just need more evidence.

EvilMag
Jun 8, 2012, 07:26 AM
Important Notice for all PSU XB360 Players:

We regret to inform you that servers for Phantasy Star Universe on XB360 will be closing as of this September 7th, 2012.
This was not an easy decision but there comes a time when we must consider the level of service and support we can provide for an ongoing game, and balance those concerns against preparing for the future, and providing you with new opportunities and new experiences.

Following service closure, the single player version of the game will still be available, but network mode will be inaccessible. Players who still have a GUARDIANS license active following the close date will have their subscription refunded by Microsoft on a pro-rated basis.

Regarding this decision:

The time has come where we must move forward. We wish to thank every single one of you for your part in this journey.
It has been a long run for our intrepid GUARDIANS: Across the Gurhal system for six years now, exploring new worlds and new challenges. While we are saddened to close the doors to PSU on Xbox 360, we are proud of the game and of our loyal fans who have supported us through the years.

More than anything we want to thank all of you once again, from the bottom of our hearts, for supporting this game, for providing feedback, and for enjoying and sharing in this experience with us.

We look forward to taking our memories and the lessons learned from this game as we prepare to move into the future. There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months. For now, please feel free to share your memories of this game and know we look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future!

-June 8th, 2012

“Who said we are lost again, in this lonely world?
I say we can start again.”
Look at the bold

EDIT: I'm fucking blind and didn't look at your 2nd part of the post >_>

Gardios
Jun 8, 2012, 07:29 AM
That's not a hint, that's typical PR talk - SEGA has more games than just PS.

Mitz
Jun 8, 2012, 07:33 AM
We'll just see about that. By this point I've given up most hope on seeing an NA release, especially seeing as there was no mention of it at the E3.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 8, 2012, 08:33 AM
I really can't believe PSO2 didn't show up at E3... =(
They lost a big chance to promote this game and how awesome it is

Ash1ey
Jun 8, 2012, 12:01 PM
"There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months. For now, please feel free to share your memories of this game and know we look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future!"

That doesn't sound like PR talk to me, it could be, but I don't know. We will see what happens, I suppose.

BIG OLAF
Jun 8, 2012, 12:04 PM
That's not a hint, that's typical PR talk - SEGA has more games than just PS.

^This. It's just what they're trained to say, to look good. It isn't 'hinting' at shit.

Even if it was, JP PSO2 is the best way. Trust me....and anyone else who played the US/EU PSU servers.

watersea
Jun 9, 2012, 03:26 AM
SEGA really missed their chance to show pso2 at e3. This is really a sign of pso2 not coming to the states. I suggest we should all boycot the JP release so SEGA gets our hint.

Drifting Fable
Jun 9, 2012, 03:43 AM
I some how doubt the boycotting of the western community would motion SoJ to have the game localized, rather it encourages the opposite.

And even if, the JP servers will still have much more content than the western ones.

moorebounce
Jun 9, 2012, 05:29 AM
Why bother shutting the server down unless you're gonna replace it with something?

I'm sure it will have a NA/EU release because they had more NA/EU players in the CBT than they ever had on the 360 PSU servers.

ClothoBuer
Jun 9, 2012, 06:01 AM
We look forward to taking our memories and the lessons learned from this game as we prepare to move into the future. There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months.

I'd say that's a pretty strong implication, but yea, for the most part it's just PR speak. Either way, I'm sticking with the JP servers, 9 times out of 10 foreign servers are better environments than US servers.

Mitz
Jun 9, 2012, 07:52 AM
^This. It's just what they're trained to say, to look good. It isn't 'hinting' at shit.

Even if it was, JP PSO2 is the best way. Trust me....and anyone else who played the US/EU PSU servers.

Personally disagree wholeheartedly. Some people may enjoy Japanese culture and social structure better but I find their tenancies hard to get used to and would rather just play on a hassle-free English server.

CelestialBlade
Jun 9, 2012, 09:16 AM
Why bother shutting the server down unless you're gonna replace it with something?
Server upkeep.

Peejay
Jun 9, 2012, 09:21 AM
Personally disagree wholeheartedly. Some people may enjoy Japanese culture and social structure better but I find their tenancies hard to get used to and would rather just play on a hassle-free English server.

I don't agree with it either, but I still think you're thinking too hard. Just looking at the open payment options suggests a global release, like I'm told PSO originally had.

r00tabaga
Jun 9, 2012, 09:49 AM
So why else would Sega register a US domain for pso2? Must be coming. The only way we get the NA client download.
I really don't wanna play in Japanese, regardless of content (or lack of).

Gardios
Jun 9, 2012, 09:56 AM
Oftentimes publishers register domains just to keep the possibility to use it later on open.

r00tabaga
Jun 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
Not SEGA.

CelestialBlade
Jun 9, 2012, 10:06 AM
There's files for multiple language translations in Tales of Xillia but it's still JP-exclusive. We're putting too much faith into datamining and domains and other such things, truth be told the only reliable thing is still to have hope and wait and see.

I really want all the rumors to be true, but I was one of the ones insisting that we'd get Infinity and I'm not going through that again. Grasping at straws isn't going to help at all.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 9, 2012, 10:17 AM
seriously... has NO ONE at SEGA's head offices played PSO2?? They are seriously crazy for not bringing this to the west and give it good marketing... the MMO market is much bigger outside of Japan so it really does not make any sense to make a Japanese only MMO... They HAVE to be bringing it to the west... but WHERE the hell is their marketing?!? Seriously SEGA, get it together please, I don't want to see you go bankrupt :(

Zyrusticae
Jun 9, 2012, 10:34 AM
Man, really, I don't see any good reason to NOT play on the JP servers, between all the English-speaking players congregating on Ship 2/Block 20 and the unofficial English patch making it trivial to navigate the game's interface (and the story being largely tangential to the whole experience of, y'know, playing the game), PLUS the inevitability of the English server having a huge and obvious lag time behind the JP server's updates.

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2012, 10:38 AM

Mmm....that's not what I was talking about. I don't give a flying rat shit about JP culture or social structure. I was referring to the piss-poor support the US/EU PSU servers (both PC/PS2 and XB360) received compared to the JP PSU servers. What makes you think PSO2 won't get the same treatment? I highly doubt any sort of EN PSO2 will get half the care that JP PSO2 gets.

If you want to play PSO2 and enjoy it to the fullest extent, go JP. Calling it now. You don't have to believe me, but hey, it'll be your loss in the long run.

DayDreamer
Jun 9, 2012, 11:00 AM
If you want to play on the EN servers go nuts, if you want to play on the JP servers, feel free to do so.

Sorry that I randomly jumped in that but I dont want there to be a fight in which leads to a Mod having to calm it down or lock the topic.

Anyway I personally will be on the EN servers if pso2 ever comes to the west. The JP servers will always get more "support" and will always receive updates before us but the language barrier is what keeps me back. Not with the game itself but with the community, because im sure alot of people on psow will be on the EN servers instead of the JP ones.

Kion
Jun 9, 2012, 11:15 AM
I don't think the issue is 'will PSO2 come to NA or not'? It's one of Sega's larger titles and generally I think SoA is already working on a translation. What I'm more concerned about is once it get's released in NA in America; are they still going to provide the same horrible service to foreigners that we've come to expect from them?

NoiseHERO
Jun 9, 2012, 11:24 AM
@ R00ta: Forget it, brah *soft jesus voice*

I don't think the issue is 'will PSO2 come to NA or not'? It's one of Sega's larger titles and generally I think SoA is already working on a translation. What I'm more concerned about is once it get's released in NA in America; are they still going to provide the same horrible service to foreigners that we've come to expect from them?

Unless we really have that "global support" meaning we'd be on the JP servers so we'd basically get the same rate of updates and defense against hackers...

I'd expect to be treated like shit, yeah.

But I'd still play on both versions anyway.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 9, 2012, 05:53 PM
seriously... has NO ONE at SEGA's head offices played PSO2?? They are seriously crazy for not bringing this to the west and give it good marketing... the MMO market is much bigger outside of Japan so it really does not make any sense to make a Japanese only MMO... They HAVE to be bringing it to the west... but WHERE the hell is their marketing?!? Seriously SEGA, get it together please, I don't want to see you go bankrupt :(

The game isn't even finished Beta testing!!!! , and even after that, an MMO costs a good deal more money to keep up and maintain then even the flashiest shooter+^_^+ it makes perfect sense that as a company, they would do what any major international company would do and release the "product" in a localized test market to see how well it does+^_^+ it would be a very big gamble to manufacturer and release a worldwide "product" only to have it flop, it's a lot cheaper to only code and release a local version and have it flop then release a worldwide version and see it flop, SEGA is just playing it safe, like every company these days are doing in a trying economy+^_^+ if you really want to see a western release, then do everything you can to support that localized version, play the JP one, convince friends to play the JP one, if enough people want it, they'll sell it+^_^+ I for one wouldn't mind global servers, I had no connection issues (except when the servers fried) with JP and I'm in the Midwest+^_^+
EDIT: calm down OLAF and r00tabaga, I'd hate to have to find a fire extinguisher+^_^+

bradsta6508
Jun 10, 2012, 02:21 AM
I'm just fine with a JP only release.