PDA

View Full Version : RAmarl or RAcaseal

pommy223
Jun 9, 2012, 04:05 PM
I like them both but which should I choose?
I would like to hear your answer and why.

btw, I'm mostly going to be playing with 2 other guys, one is a FOmar and the other is going to be a hunter type

Lorimaz
Jun 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
Well, since you'd be grouped with a FOmar, the one reason I'd say to make the RAmarl; in that she gets level 20 Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure, is kinda unnecessary with a Force capable of learning up to level 30 of those techs (not to mention it'd bring up some conflict over you getting techs that drop, since the Force would generally take priority).

With that considered, I'd suggest a RAcaseal then. Their high defense for Rangers should come in handy. I know my RAmarl tends to take pretty large hits, she mostly relies on her slightly higher evade to compensate.

I mean, unless you just like to use techs, or want to take some of the work off your Force by providing additional Resta or Anti uses, or handling the Jellen/Zalure while they handle the Shifta/Deband, don't see much reason to go with RAmarl.

Edit: Oh, wait, one thing I forgot to consider myself, I forgot that RAmarls can use up to 250 materials, while RAcaseals can only use 150. That could help to make up the defense difference, or just give you a better boost to ATA or ATP.

pommy223
Jun 9, 2012, 06:54 PM
RAmarls do have higher ATA so I can use special weapon effects more, so I might stick with that and raise it with material.

and how effective are the RAcaseal traps?

Jun 9, 2012, 09:36 PM
cliff notes version: racaseal

as far as end game play is concerned racaseal in more efficient, but in a few quests, especially with pb ramarl is better if you already have casts in the party. ramarl is also very good in ep ii. if you are good at merge switching and are already a good ranger then ramarl is a good class to play, but it's probably the most complex class to play in the game because of the choice paralysis you'll experience with the sheer number of (seemingly) relevant options in many situations.

this is really an apples and oranges comparison, but racaseal is better for solo and multi in most situations. this is because traps and better arrest, but your mileage may vary. so i'd really go w/ rcl.

if you have specifics ask away, i can answer pretty much any question about rangers. if you need a more in depth analysis of rcl vs rml let me know.

edit: racaseal traps are effective as any other cast, but racaseal maxes her traps the slowest out of any class in the game unfortunately :(

T0m
Jun 10, 2012, 12:54 AM
Another vote for Racaseal -based on the premise that you'll be playing in that group you described. But I'd really recommend just trying both classes. Shouldn't take too much time to go through Normal with both to see which you like best.

Blizz3112
Jun 20, 2012, 05:08 AM
My motto is, play what YOU like best, not what other people need. Having to sacrifice ideas for others is never any fun...

T0m
Jun 21, 2012, 03:30 AM
My motto is, play what YOU like best
Sound advice, of course.
Then again, if the original poster had a clear idea which he liked best, he probably would not have asked for advice here. ;)

If you expect to play mostly with your friends, then you will probably enjoy being part of the team the most if you work well together as a team.

Zethoro
Jun 21, 2012, 10:08 AM
My motto is, play what YOU like best, not what other people need. Having to sacrifice ideas for others is never any fun...
This.
I myself play RAcaseal, but you play what you want, not what everyone else wants.
Thus why I also have a FOnewm even though everyone says FOnewearl is better. :-D

Nisoth
Jul 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
I've never heard of FOnewearl being better than a FOnewm. The double resta range may make her a more team-friendly character, but the FOnewm is a murdering m*****f***** with his +30% damage to hard techs. I guess the FOnewearl eats bosses pretty quick.
My opinion: FOnewearl for groups, FOnewm solo.

Edit: I suppose it's only polite to say something on-topic. :)
I prefer the RAmarl for her techs. It's nice to have some backup techs in a group with a force present. Maybe I'm just RAcast, but I've never been much for cast characters.

Kenbog
Jul 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
Well they are both pretty darn good,
lets see maximum stat wise,

RAmarl RAcaseal
HP 1315 HP 1890
TP 931 TP 0
ATP 1260 ATP 1175
DFP 577 DFP 688
MST 1031 MST 0
ATA 241 ATA 231
EVP 900 EVP 787
LCK 100 LCK 100

I prefer the RAmarl especially on blue burst heavenpunisher, heavenstriker and Mille Marteaux does have an excellent damage potentional on the satelite lizards and yowies groups with there special which requires mst for the damage. (those monsters are immune against ranger weapon attacks and turn invisible if you use them and epi4 is filled with them)
Also, honestly why do you need so many hp and defence if you got resta to heal yourself instead of using mates.
And epi 1 and 2 have allot of enemies could kill you in 1 shot to begin with.
If I may suggest something is that your friend going for the hunter uses a HUcast for most damage output and traps if your going for RAmarl having a cast in your party is always handy, so ya if your friend is using a HUmar or HUnewearl its might be best to go for a RAcaseal.

edit: oh ya forgot to mention RAcaseals can only wield the most powerful spread launcher in the game the iron faust which in some private servers have a 3 hit combo unlocked which might give impact on your selection between RAmarl or RAcaseal

dooby613
Aug 1, 2012, 08:42 PM
I'd say ramarl is excellent in solo being able to buff/debuff, she's also great for demons. If you are playing games without the FO you can work as the support and while it won't be on par of the FO it would be far more worth while than only bringing traps to the table.

Racaseal has higher atp with a fo in the party I'd say she's the better of the 2 in that context alone but really when you get into the discussion of talking about the atp and traps, there is no point in using RAcaseal because of the RAcast being so superior to her. Many people consider RAcaseal the worst class in the game, I'm not one of them because I think all rangers are very user friendly and effective in general.

Unless you won't be playing solo at all I'd go with RAmarl out of those 2.

(Full disclosure:I have a Lv200 RAcaseal but not Ramarl)