PDA

View Full Version : Those who played the beta

Captt
Jun 11, 2012, 02:34 PM
How do you like the game? Does it have the same feeling that PSO had on ya? i never played the beta and i hope i am impressed with this game. So far the latest PC game i bought was a disappointing one.

goldwing
Jun 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
Well to me it had its simalaritys while it had its "New new" stuff with it. It all depends on u tho. When pobt comes out then u to can have a taste.

Captt
Jun 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
Awesome. I cannot wait till friday haha. even tho im gonna have to wake up really early to play.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
So far the latest PC game i bought was a disappointing one.
Well, you can't base other PC games in a single bad experience.

goldwing
Jun 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
Lol u and i both

Captt
Jun 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
Ive been playing pc games all my life and the reason i say its a bad experience is because its diablo 3. if you follow d3... im sure you'll kno why its terrible haha.

Well hopefully pso2 will be a lot better than d3

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2012, 03:05 PM
Ive been playing pc games all my life and the reason i say its a bad experience is because its diablo 3. if you follow d3... im sure you'll kno why its terrible haha.

Well hopefully pso2 will be a lot better than d3
Ah, Diablo 3, heard a few things about it but I wasn't really interested in it, plus I refuse to buy 60€ games. ^^;

Anyway, about PSO2, it had some lag problems in the Closed Beta (which is why we're having the pre-open beta test), but the game itself is really fun, even with the closed beta small ammount of content.

Dan Maku
Jun 11, 2012, 03:06 PM
How do you like the game? Does it have the same feeling that PSO had on ya? i never played the beta and i hope i am impressed with this game. So far the latest PC game i bought was a disappointing one.

It does re-capture the magic of the original PSO while improving upon the already excellent gameplay by magnitudes. I'd dare say it's the last MMO I will ever need to play. :D

Chik'Tikka
Jun 11, 2012, 03:18 PM
lolz, i thought this thread felt familiar+^_^+ (i was going "how did it shrink?")
anyway, it's the best MMO i've played yet (yes, i called PSO2 MMO)
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195049&highlight=Played+Beta
question's a little different, but it was still a PSO vs PSO2 comparison+^_^+

moremouse
Jun 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
It does re-capture the magic of the original PSO while improving upon the already excellent gameplay by magnitudes. I'd dare say it's the last MMO I will ever need to play. :D

^This.

I've been waiting for this game since PSO on DC and it doesn't disappoint. You'll love it. ;)

Captt
Jun 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Awesome. I loved pso on the dreamcast and on the gamecube. Come on friday! come already!!

Cypher_9
Jun 11, 2012, 03:36 PM
It is a unique hybrid of the PS's from the year 2000 on up (excluding ep3) which from my own stand point of the PS's I played up to PSU and from what I learned by looking at its titles beyond PSU, strengthened the weaknesses of anything beyond PSO in addition of having a strong PSO essence within it. That and jumping.... yes... jumping made the spectical of Phantasy Star :D (don't take my word for it... LOL)

But anyway, I can go as far as to say that this is a 'perfect'... rendition of their title and it is redeemed beyond its expectancy and has more to show down the line.

Least that's how I feel...

Dragwind
Jun 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
In terms of atmosphere: It's probably the closest to PSO's so far I think. The music, sounds, art, etc.

In terms of gameplay: It's an improvement on a little bit of everything from the whole PSO/PSU series.

Vintasticvin
Jun 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
If you played and liked the original pso yer definetly going to loooooooove this game.

Zorafim
Jun 11, 2012, 04:25 PM
PSO2 ruined every other game for me. Now I can't game anymore. I don't know what to do with my life now.
Come back to me, PSO2! I need you!

Cypher_9
Jun 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
^ Withdraw symptoms... XD

Quite honestly after PSO2, I truely did not want to play any other game... I have a bit when bordem struck but, only for like... 30mins or an hour? Other than that I been pro-productive!

Caught up with my original story and got more into my arts!

Chik'Tikka
Jun 11, 2012, 05:23 PM
PSO2 ruined every other game for me. Now I can't game anymore. I don't know what to do with my life now.
Come back to me, PSO2! I need you!

indeed, all i've been doing is clan ops on CoD and a lot of soul calibur, i can't even play skyrim anymore now!!, PSO2 CBT prompted me to renew my PSU account after more then a year of inactivity+^_^+ and i had fun on PSU for like a week, but it got old fast+^_^+ gave all my stuff away and quit for good now+^_^+

Zorafim
Jun 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
^ Withdraw symptoms... XD

Not quite. PSO2 isn't a drug, to use just to get the high. PSO2 is a lover. Sweet, loving, whos caress is bliss unto itself. I met this lover once, and we had a wonderful fling over a few days. Sadly, she was working on bettering herself, and had to leave me. She promised she'd be back, and I've been counting the days since our last sweet touch.

njdss4
Jun 11, 2012, 07:34 PM
In terms of atmosphere: It's probably the closest to PSO's so far I think. The music, sounds, art, etc.

In terms of gameplay: It's an improvement on a little bit of everything from the whole PSO/PSU series.

Exactly. It's as close to PSO as you can get while still improving upon it. The fact that it'll be F2P is even better.

Ryudo
Jun 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
Not quite. PSO2 isn't a drug, to use just to get the high. PSO2 is a lover. Sweet, loving, whos caress is bliss unto itself. I met this lover once, and we had a wonderful fling over a few days. Sadly, she was working on bettering herself, and had to leave me. She promised she'd be back, and I've been counting the days since our last sweet touch.

You need this music on when reading this post (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78UR7KxRXL0)

To say PSO2 is a betetr version of PSO would do it injustice, it has the look. feel, style and atmosphere down but in gameplay mechanics it's not just an evolution of PSO but a step forward for the whole genre, it's packed with great ideas that will be copied and stolen for years to come. The combat is simultaneously better than most shooters and most fighting games I've played too

goldwing
Jun 11, 2012, 11:35 PM

thats ummmmmm...... deep

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
it has a very fluid combat system and all classes (hunter / ranger / force) are unique and fun to play.

imo hunter is the most entertaining and has the fastest gameplay. overall the feel of the game is excellent. it's now an issue of whether or not they can continue delivering content at a timely pace, once the game is released.

Cypher_9
Jun 12, 2012, 01:07 PM

Well, you know that one song done by "Bell Biv DeVoe" back in the 90's...

"Its driving me out of my mind, that is why it is hard for me to find... can't get it out of my head... miss her kiss her love her... that girl is (......)" LOL

PSO2 is the cure of many MMOs in existence!

Randomness
Jun 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
thats ummmmmm...... deep

I think the word you're looking for is "poetic".

Gama
Jun 12, 2012, 01:16 PM
i wonder if it will be possible to play something that could resemble a acrotecher... i fell in love by being able to support and melle/tech damage stuff...

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2012, 10:22 PM
i wonder if it will be possible to play something that could resemble a acrotecher... i fell in love by being able to support and melle/tech damage stuff...

It's unconfirmed that you'll be able to add a secondary class to your primary one. This will presumably work like PSU's advanced classes. For instance, you can be a hunter/force, meaning you'll specialize at melee combat, but be able to cast a decent selection of techs as well. Hunter/force may feel like Hunewearl, Force/hunter like FOmar, Ranger/hunter like... I don't know, RAcast?

It's also unconfirmed that there will be additional classes later down the road. Perhaps protranser and braver (PSP's acro hybrid. Or was it Vangaurd?). Added with the hybrid system, this may add to a good deal of customization to your classes. I'm sure you'll find something you like once they add features. If they add features.

You need this music on when reading this post (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78UR7KxRXL0)

I did this, and it made me smile. Thank you for that.

To say PSO2 is a betetr version of PSO would do it injustice,

I just want to say that while playing PSU, I was constantly comparing it to PSO, and figured out that most of the time, I preferred how PSO handled things. Now I'm comparing PSO2 to PSO, and I have to say it's rare for me to find things that I prefer from PSO. The only thing I can think of is the map exploration, and even that, not by much. So, basically, I think PSO2 is better than PSO in every way, in my limited experience. Not that PSO2 is a better version of PSO, but that Sega took what they learned from PSO, and improved upon it correctly. And for someone as critical as me, saying that a sequel is better than what it's based off of is rare.

goldwing
Jun 12, 2012, 11:16 PM
I think the word you're looking for is "poetic".
yea lets go with that