PDA

View Full Version : What do i have to know?

Kroktar
Jun 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Hey guys...i havent played the other betas so maybe im missing something with all that japanese stuff :(

At the moment im downloading the client and i have a Sega ID, Do i need something else?

I heard there was an english patch in CB i hope it will work in OB <3

Chik'Tikka
Jun 11, 2012, 03:49 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194241
The English patch is unofficial and isn't supported by Sega, therefore we don't talk about it here due to possible legal issues+^_^+
might i suggest Google?

Kroktar
Jun 11, 2012, 03:50 PM
But do i have to make a PSO2 account or i can use Sega ID?

Dragwind
Jun 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
If you're thinking of using a non-JP Sega ID, it won't work. Chances are you'll have to make a new one.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2012, 04:15 PM
But do i have to make a PSO2 account or i can use Sega ID?
Here's a guide on how to register for the pre-open beta:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/
If you've already followed these steps, then you're ready for the pre-open beta.

Kroktar
Jun 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
thanks

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
practice canceling if you're going to become a hunter. although there's one dude who is incredibly opposed to it, it's still what you need to learn in order to become a more efficient hunter that can die less and dish out more damage.

also wired lance gear gauge stinks LOL

or just go ezmode and blow everything up with a launcher and weakshot. if you're going ranger, just dump all your points into weakening shot because that skill is reeeeeeeeally good. multiple people can hit a spot on an enemy and that spot does critical damage. it stacks a ton of damage and if you aim it onto a boss's weakspot, it multiplies the damage with it already being on a weakspot. crazy, i know.

i'll let you know now though that force imo and many others, is still relatively gimped. not -super- gimped but gimped. however if you think it'll bring you the most joy you should still go force regardless because AS MY BRUDDA RAWK SAYS:

"DOING WHATEVER YOU WANT IN GAMES WINS AGAIN!!!"

catwat
Jun 13, 2012, 05:02 AM
Rafoie is pretty good and abuseable on Dark Ragne. If you lock on the body part you will deal damage as if you are hitting his weakpoint. So you just run around and spam it. 1k +/- 100 damage or so per use on my FO iirc.

Gizonde is very good on lower levels because of its ridiculous area. Very nice in forest where things arent too far apart most of the time, killing stuff seconds after they spawned.

Rabarta isnt bad but it kinda lags my PC and i didnt felt like running next to the mobs all the time in order to kill them. Its nice against Vol Dragon when trying to break his tail part. Barta is good against CaterdraŽn. Just spam it on its body part from save distance and deal nice damage when it extends. Need some meatshields for that though.

Resta is nice and the escape move is the best of them all. Havent decided on the other support techs yet. S/D wasnt worth putting up at lower levels because the recast was just too annoying and i think i had no J/Z, not sure but i dont remember using it.

Oh yeah about Rangers. Don't forget the Jellen Shot. It will make Vol Dragons fire attack deal literally 1-10 damage. OP skill #2.

Blackheart521
Jun 13, 2012, 05:41 AM
Oh yeah about Rangers. Don't forget the Jellen Shot. It will make Vol Dragons fire attack deal literally 1-10 damage. OP skill #2.

One thing I have to say though... they probably nerfed Jellen Shot for the exact reason you mentioned... It'll probably still be useful as hell but won't be the "end all chances at taking damage" skill that it was in CB, figured I'd just mention that ^^