PDA

View Full Version : Import character from character creator?

moeri
Jun 11, 2012, 11:23 PM
Is it possible to import a character from the character creator?

I didn't see any information on it being possible online after a quick search, so I doubt it is possible, but just wanted to confirm.

goldwing
Jun 11, 2012, 11:24 PM
it was for cbt so i dont see why not

Mag-X
Jun 11, 2012, 11:25 PM
Yes. Save the character as a file in the creator, and the you can load in during character creation in the game as long as you've started a character of the same race and sex.

LatinWolf
Jun 11, 2012, 11:56 PM
hmm, anyone kind enough to link me to it? I wouldn't mind killing some time

Chik'Tikka
Jun 11, 2012, 11:58 PM

i think this is it+^_^+ http://http.download.nvidia.com/downloads_apac/benchmark/nvidia-sega-pso2-benchmark.zip

LatinWolf
Jun 11, 2012, 11:59 PM
alright thanks, I'll check it out. I remember saving templates of my character during the closed beta. I'm assuming that they will work for open and p-open

Chik'Tikka
Jun 12, 2012, 12:00 AM
alright thanks, I'll check it out. I remember saving templates of my character during the closed beta. I'm assuming that they will work for open and p-open

and you can load those templates in CC demo too i think+^_^+

goldwing
Jun 12, 2012, 12:00 AM

i was ninja-ed o well.

moremouse
Jun 12, 2012, 12:02 AM
i was ninja-ed o well.

Me too. :O

goldwing
Jun 12, 2012, 12:04 AM
Me too. :O
lol looks like we have to try harder next time. least im not alone

LatinWolf
Jun 12, 2012, 12:31 AM
thanks a bunch, got to tinker around with it a bit already. REALLY can't wait til Friday.

moremouse
Jun 12, 2012, 12:43 AM
thanks a bunch, got to tinker around with it a bit already. REALLY can't wait til Friday.

Why? Any effort you put into your character will be wasted. The only incentive to take part in the pre-open is the bouquet rifle from the desert quest.

Mike
Jun 12, 2012, 01:10 AM
Why? Any effort you put into your character will be wasted. The only incentive to take part in the pre-open is the bouquet rifle from the desert quest.
Time spent enjoying yourself with something is obviously wasted.

Macman
Jun 12, 2012, 01:17 AM
I agree with Mike. All the fun I had during CBT was not what I consider a waste.

moremouse
Jun 12, 2012, 01:38 AM
I agree with Mike. All the fun I had during CBT was not what I consider a waste.

CBT wasn't a 10 hour stress test. I said that putting effort into your character would be a waste, not that it wouldn't be fun. Gambling is fun too, a massive waste, but fun. Why not go spend all of your savings in a night because its fun? It's a waste, that's why.

I'm just saying, pre-open is nothing to be excited about, except for the desert quest.

MasterSpark
Jun 12, 2012, 01:39 AM
I didn't catch any of the previous tests so I haven't played PSO2 at all yet. I'm very much going to be enjoying the 10 hours we're given this weekend. :)

Mike
Jun 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
I didn't catch any of the previous tests so I haven't played PSO2 at all yet. I'm very much going to be enjoying the 10 hours we're given this weekend. :)
You'll want to get the character creator and go ahead and get something together then if you haven't already. There are only five hours each day and you can easily spend an hour or two creating a character you like.

Siatome
Jun 12, 2012, 05:45 AM
CBT wasn't a 10 hour stress test. I said that putting effort into your character would be a waste, not that it wouldn't be fun. Gambling is fun too, a massive waste, but fun. Why not go spend all of your savings in a night because its fun? It's a waste, that's why.

I'm just saying, pre-open is nothing to be excited about, except for the desert quest.

"BLAHBLAH I'm a big meanie who berates people for being excited about doing something they enjoy and then uses flawed logic to prove that I'm right, in a forum dedicated to the activity that the offender is excited about partaking in!"

Chill man, just because you aren't planning on enjoying yourself doesn't mean no-one else is allowed to :-)

FenixStryk
Jun 12, 2012, 06:04 AM
I didn't catch any of the previous tests so I haven't played PSO2 at all yet. I'm very much going to be enjoying the 10 hours we're given this weekend. :)Definitely download the Benchmark (linked somewhere above?) and finish your character now while you have the time. A perfect character requires a careful eye and constant attention; it took me the entire month of April including in-game playtesting to fully polish my avatar. Things like height are near-impossible to get right the first time due to the lack of a reference in the editor.

With that said, good luck and have fun!

moremouse
Jun 12, 2012, 06:11 AM
Definitely download the Benchmark (linked somewhere above?) and finish your character now while you have the time. A perfect character requires a careful eye and constant attention; it took me the entire month of April including in-game playtesting to fully polish my avatar. Things like height are near-impossible to get right the first time due to the lack of a reference in the editor.

With that said, good luck and have fun!

Yeah, my character ended up being a bit taller than I perceived in the editor because of that. There are no objects you can use for reference at all to gauge the height you'd like in accordance to the objects and other players within the world. You either go all out, or try not to stray too far from the default height.

FenixStryk
Jun 12, 2012, 06:22 AM
Yeah, there are no objects you can use for reference at all to gauge the height you'd like in accordance to the objects and other players within the world. You either go all out, or try not to stray too far from the default height.Mhm. I actually started with my character being 138cm (the minimum), but it looked off in-game despite the work I initially put in trying to make the head proportional. I ended up raising her 6cm and everything lined up.

Hanging onto that perfect save file has been somewhat... unnerving. As unlikely as it is, I'd be in quite a bind should that file become corrupt. :no:

moremouse
Jun 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
Mhm. I actually started with my character being 138cm (the minimum), but it looked off in-game despite the work I initially put in trying to make the head proportional. I ended up raising her 6cm and everything lined up.

Hanging onto that perfect save file has been somewhat... unnerving. As unlikely as it is, I'd be in quite a bind should that file become corrupt. :no:

Copy & Paste that shit into a backup folder. Name the folder 'My Soul' and you'll be good for a few natural disasters.

Sp-24
Jun 12, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mhm. I actually started with my character being 138cm (the minimum), but it looked off in-game despite the work I initially put in trying to make the head proportional. I ended up raising her 6cm and everything lined up.

Is that a common problem? I thought I've created a perfect character in the character creator already, it would suck if the proportions turn out to be broken after all. Oh well, that's what 2 pre-open betas are for! ;)

Kion
Jun 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
They're deleting the character data before the open beta, does that mean you need to remake your character, or does it just wipe your progress?

Sp-24
Jun 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
I think you'll have to use the import option right after creating your character again. Your data is going to be wiped server-side, but you'll get to keep the character's looks on you PC that way.

moremouse
Jun 12, 2012, 08:28 AM
Well, fun's over. Some insight-lacking-fool has deleted the posts.

They're deleting the character data before the open beta, does that mean you need to remake your character, or does it just wipe your progress?

You can save/load your character design in either the Character Creator or the PSO2 client. Your actual character data is stored server side though, so everything other than your design (if you saved it) will be deleted.

LatinWolf
Jun 12, 2012, 10:26 AM

I think quite a few folks already replied for me, lol. Regardless of whether my character gets deleted or not I really enjoy PSO 2's gameplay; also get to earn that rifle thing that I will probably never use.

moorebounce
Jun 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah the height of your character is displayed in the upper right hand corner in centimeters. Just find a centimeter to inches or feet converter. Or it could be a chart. lol if you don't pay attention some of your characters could end up 6'8". Here's a site I used for my characters

http://www.teaching-english-in-japan.net/conversion/feet_inches

Chik'Tikka
Jun 12, 2012, 02:55 PM
keep in mind all that the Pre-OBT client is supposed to have additional features to play with+^_^+

Sp-24
Jun 12, 2012, 03:21 PM
We can just import our character from an older version into the new version's character creator, and then play with all of the new features!

moremouse
Jun 12, 2012, 03:29 PM
We can just import our character from an older version into the new version's character creator, and then play with all of the new features!

This is a good point. O_o

Natsuma
Jun 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hey,
what's the process to save your character from the character creator?
I did create it, it looks like it's saved but I can't find any file in the software folders :/

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hey,
what's the process to save your character from the character creator?
I did create it, it looks like it's saved but I can't find any file in the software folders :/

my documents\sega\phantasy star online 2\

I cant remember correctly as I am not in front of a PC with it installed.

It will be a file named what your character is.

Natsuma
Jun 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
my documents\sega\phantasy star online 2\

I cant remember correctly as I am not in front of a PC with it installed.

It will be a file named what your character is.

Ah thanks alot,
I was looking for the file in the program files folders :-)

Coatl
Jun 13, 2012, 07:39 PM
Will we have to put the file of our characters into a certain folder for open beta in order to have it available to us?

Mike
Jun 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
Will we have to put the file of our characters into a certain folder for open beta in order to have it available to us?
No. Just leave them where they are. The beta clients look to that directory to load them. It will also save screenshots and logs there too.