PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU US server closing?wanna join JP PSU?NOW IS THE TIME!

syzhk3
Jun 14, 2012, 02:27 AM
Are you thinking about coming to the PSU JP server after the shutdown of the XBOX version?
NOW IS THE TIME!

Big event coming next week on JP sever, the Guardians Chronicle 5th(June 21st-July 19th)!
check it out:
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=1670

So what are you waiting for.

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
So what are you waiting for.

PSO2.

TenebriS
Jun 14, 2012, 10:23 AM
PSO2.

sounds like a good plan, probably the best to do :P

but for everyone joining JP PSU i guess they will have a nice time there....

darkfighterx
Jun 14, 2012, 10:39 AM
i have considerd JP but dont know much about it.. and i assume i will need to be able to speak japanese? and how do i go about accessing there servers.links please!

i recently left PSU had a big dramatic give away in the lobby four 180's all my weapons armor gone in under a minuite. No going back now lol

Lostbob117
Jun 15, 2012, 12:15 AM
Darkfighter you might need to know japanese for pso2 than if agrajag can't make the patch.

DeathDragon2332
Jun 15, 2012, 03:24 AM
JP is so much better than 360 it is worth joining. Sure PSO2 is free to play but you need a good rig and if you wan't all the stuff like room,tech mag slots and so on it is 16 bucks a month.

Sinue_v2
Jun 16, 2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah, no thanks, I'd rather just stick with PSP2i until PSO2 comes out. I already have most of the menus memorized, there's plenty of translation material, and the gameplay is just better. Being able to dodge and block gives you more command over the flow of battle, and together with chaining/chain breaking adds a great new dynamic to the game which was much needed. Stats and recovery item carry capacity has been severely reduced and properly balanced in relation to a full and complete game. Leveling progress is much faster, but the rebirth system largely takes care of that by allowing you to start over from lvl 1 while keeping job lvls/techs & PAs/and bonuses to stats in-place. Items drop whole and complete, meaning I don't have to hunt for a shit-ton of materials I can't read the names of in order to get a weapon that's probably going to fail... and those nifty "Weapon Collection Catalogs" in the Visiphone allow me to more easily understand what I've got by associating the stats and patterns in the squiggles to a visual representation. All very nice, clean, compact, and accessible without having to do a bunch of cross-referencing on multiple wiki pages.

Besides, JP PSU will get shut down eventually as well, and I don't relish the idea of losing all my progress for a third time. At least with PSP2i, I'll pretty much always have a local multiplayer/internet multiplayer option.

Really, what am I missing out on?

Better Graphics? - Don't care.
More integrated online experience? - I'll trade it for the convenience of playing anywhere and anytime.
More items? - The game is already bursting with content, and more rares than I have time to hunt.
More Missions? - There's already a great selection, plus I can craft my own missions by fusing Infinity Mission Codes.

Plus, I get to fight Olga Flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYmwxh5Z8Yo

Lostbob117
Jun 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?415874-How-to-get-on-jp-psu Here's some videos I made for anyone who wants to join.

DeathDragon2332
Jun 17, 2012, 03:30 AM
JP wont be shutdown for a long time. Remember Blue Burst? It was shutdown in 2010 that is a long as time.

Dualbird12
Jun 17, 2012, 11:54 AM
I've tried the JP servers before and I just couldn't get over the language barrier. I would consider going back if there was a JP to English patch so I could understand what I'm doing.
So does anyone know if someone has made such a patch??

Vintasticvin
Jun 17, 2012, 01:22 PM
After three days of downloadung im at 52.8% Complete over the course of 3 days... Download faster dangit!

AnonymousHat00
Jun 17, 2012, 04:29 PM
As much as im interested in the JP server, i cannot see myself switching. And its not because of all the Japanese text but the fact that at the moment i only own a laptop and i highly doubt that it can run PSU. I dont even think have enough space on this thing.

ill just wait until PSO2 comes out. Also borderlands 2 and halo 4 will take up the emptiness PSU will leave.

Shirai
Jun 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
Wonder how many more 360ers will switch over.

Must log on sometime to see this.

Whit
Jun 17, 2012, 08:09 PM
Quite a few have transitioned over to JP the past couple of days.

the_happypanda
Jun 17, 2012, 09:16 PM
finally on the jp version so many downloads

got the free version

downfall no room or trading that is what makes me feel the most left out.

Vintasticvin
Jun 17, 2012, 09:43 PM
Quite a few have transitioned over to JP the past couple of days.

Hummmm so that explains why caelum has dropped to two stars....