PDA

View Full Version : 6/14 Official Blog

Mike
Jun 14, 2012, 06:47 AM
The official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11277214355.html) was updated tonight. Unfortunately, there wasn't much of any new info tonight. The blog touches on the various parts of the player's site and shows some more screens of the marmoths and other snow field enemies.

Some design pics for the Vol Dragon were posted though, so have a look.
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=28283
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=28284
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=28285[/spoiler-box]

Oh yeah, and just about 22 hours until pre-open beta, woo.

Sp-24
Jun 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
Are these different proposed versions of Vol Dragon's look, or do we get to fight all three? I kind of like the first picture, not that many unneeded spikes, and still very intimidating. Also cute. :)

Also, doesn't it say "Magma Dragon" here? Which is its official name?

aslan_blue
Jun 14, 2012, 06:57 AM
According to the official blog, Sakai made marmoth's rough design.

And he told that he had made some rough designs for Boss enemies.

Mike
Jun 14, 2012, 07:01 AM
Are these different proposed versions of Vol Dragon's look, or do we get to fight all three? I kind of like the first picture, not that many unneeded spikes, and still very intimidating. Also cute. :)

Also, doesn't it say "Magma Dragon" here? Which is its official name?
The dragon, after taking so much damage, will dive underground and cover itself with magma. When it comes back out, it'll look like the second picture. Do more damage and it goes back underground and comes out looking like the third picture.

These are design pics so the Vol Dragon was probably called Magma Dragon during development but the official name is Vol Dragon.

EDIT: The Vol Dragon goes through one of those sequences in this old Alpha 2 video but we manage to kill it before it can go a second time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PLF8B9F4B650EC14B8&v=ceZJI9YJNkA#t=115s

Sp-24
Jun 14, 2012, 07:03 AM
Ha, I see. It's nice that we get everything.

Mike
Jun 14, 2012, 07:07 AM
According to the official blog, Sakai made marmoth's rough design.

And he told that he had made some rough designs for Boss enemies.
Designing monsters was Sakai's job in PSO so it's not surprising he's still doing it.

Scotty T
Jun 14, 2012, 07:53 AM
They should make Vol Dragon harder, hes nothing compared to the caterdrans or w/e they're called.

CelestialBlade
Jun 14, 2012, 08:33 AM
Vibe Vol Dragon was a respectable fight, if anything it could stand to have a couple of new attacks in my opinion.

Gardios
Jun 14, 2012, 08:44 AM
He's fine as long as they give him more attacks/patterns on higher difficulties imo.

goldwing
Jun 14, 2012, 09:13 AM
They should make Vol Dragon harder, hes nothing compared to the caterdrans or w/e they're called.

You found the cataradon harder than vol??? I wish i did to. Everytime i ran into vol i cryed alittle i even prayed that i would only run into catra only as a ranome event instead of vol. Huh diffrent for everyone i see.

Ryo
Jun 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
In a multi-party area, my party and I ended up in a fight with two Vol Dragons at once; Many a mate were spent that day.

buri-chan
Jun 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
Catedran was easy when you learned his blind spot right at the middle of his body. Then it was just about uninterrupted combos and occasional dashing. Vol just wrecks your shit in most any area. Going solo it was all I could do to strafe around him with my Gunslash, targeting his weak point. Always wondered if I could get away with sniping it from that raised area in the caves boss arena.

Now where oh where do I find my codes for free crap I earned.

RocSage
Jun 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
speaking of the free stuff we earned. Are we supposed to have gotten our fun points from closed beta yet? if so where?

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
Not until OB, I think. Why would we get our FUN points in the Pre-OB if the data isn't being saved?

NoiseHERO
Jun 14, 2012, 01:27 PM
Fighting the Vol Dragon is fun...

r00tabaga
Jun 14, 2012, 01:44 PM
Catedran was easy when you learned his blind spot right at the middle of his body. Then it was just about uninterrupted combos and occasional dashing. Vol just wrecks your shit in most any area. Going solo it was all I could do to strafe around him with my Gunslash, targeting his weak point. Always wondered if I could get away with sniping it from that raised area in the caves boss arena.

Now where oh where do I find my codes for free crap I earned.

Is there an option for two-toned hair? I am referring to the pic in your sig. I wasn't able to do CC, alphas or betas and would be surprised if there is that much customization. Damn I need a PC soon.

pikachief
Jun 14, 2012, 01:48 PM
Is there an option for two-toned hair? I am referring to the pic in your sig. I wasn't able to do CC, alphas or betas and would be surprised if there is that much customization. Damn I need a PC soon.

I do not believe that there is. The character in their sig only has one tone, which is pink.

buri-chan
Jun 14, 2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah, just pink. Though you can do eyebrows different colors, for some reason unknown to me.

Randomness
Jun 14, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, just pink. Though you can do eyebrows different colors, for some reason unknown to me.

Presumably because people don't usually go so far as dying their eyebrows.

On the other hand, maybe you just have naturally pink hair. (Newmans, looking at you)

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 02:37 PM
Presumably because people don't usually go so far as dying their eyebrows.

On the other hand, maybe you just have naturally pink hair. (Newmans, looking at you)

Well, it is a fantasy game. I'd say every character's hair color is their natural hair color unless specifically stated otherwise by the creator/artist/owner/whatever we want to be called in that regard.

buri-chan
Jun 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
Looking at it, I'm guessing the codes will show up under the last item on the Sega ID info page that Google Translate says says "Unique Codes".

PSO Addict
Jun 14, 2012, 09:19 PM
The art is awesome! I will need to do something with this.