PDA

View Full Version : For those that have played CBT (menu selection question) & Gamepad questions

Ryoga4523
Jun 14, 2012, 02:51 PM
Since the "patch that has no name" is presumably not up and running properly, how did those of you who did not use said patch navigate through the menu's and option when buying trading and navigating through the game? Is it just trial and error, or is there a walkthrough somewhere that was extra handy? Or did most use the patch that has no name?

Edit - Also, for those that played with a controller/gamepad, is it just plug and play and everything works perfectly (no configuring deadzones, button layouts, etc...) or did you have to use a third party program to map your buttons? I assume that the microsoft controller should work plug and play because, if I recall, sega was giving away the nacht weapons with purchases of a PSO2 branded microsoft controller. Just wondering either way. Thank in advance for answering.

goldwing
Jun 14, 2012, 02:53 PM
Its easy really u have to see it. Most of the options have pics or give or take guess work.

Randomness
Jun 14, 2012, 02:59 PM
Mostly trial and error on my part. The menu icons are fairly clear with regards to categories. At this point, I pretty much have it down.

Ryoga4523
Jun 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
Cool. I just dont want to delete an item or something because I thought I was upgrading it or whatever.

goldwing
Jun 14, 2012, 03:04 PM
Lol u shouldnt have that prob the worst i ran into was not knowing how to trash items i didnt need but u should b fine.

Ryoga4523
Jun 14, 2012, 03:18 PM
Lol u shouldnt have that prob the worst i ran into was not knowing how to trash items i didnt need but u should b fine.

My main concerns are like mag feeding and grinding weapons and stuff.

Gardios
Jun 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
I can read. :P
I guess trial and error could work, from there you can just memorize the position in the menus/how long every option is etc.

Wasn't there a menu translation though...? In form of screenshots, not patch I mean.

Regarding gamepads, there's an internal button configuration option to remap buttons and calibrating your sticks - chances are that you have to make use of it, but it's not a big deal since you only have to do it once.

Fujiko
Jun 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
The categories for the main UI have animated icons. For example for inventory will be a backpack with stuff coming out of it (mag, weapons, meseta), if I remember correctly.

After that it's pretty much memorization. Only the social stuff can get confusing, everything else is a breeze.

All weapons, armor slots, items have pictures, so it's easy to tell if what your looking at is say a launcher or wand.

*edit* Yes the xbox 360 controller is plug and play for PSO2, it is automatically set up for you. I use the wireless one with the PC wireless adapter.

zOObie1
Jun 14, 2012, 03:32 PM
Learning how to read katakana will do wonders for you in a game like PSO2

goldwing
Jun 14, 2012, 03:50 PM
My main concerns are like mag feeding and grinding weapons and stuff.

Theres a shop for grinding and mags the mag feeding is the third option after that it should b easy picking. Ull c what i mean when pre comes out or even open. Just ask while in game ppl will guide u.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 14, 2012, 09:28 PM
Learning how to read katakana will do wonders for you in a game like PSO2

too bad i can't learn Katakanji in 7 and a half hours+^_^+ since i used English patch in CBT, i remember what most of the stuff does so i won't have too big an issue+^_^+ also found that any text that can be highlighted (such as chat log) can be ctrl+c and pasted into translate.google.com +^_^+