PDA

View Full Version : *Need Help!* I'm getting an error when clicking to launch pre-open beta client.

Memorex
Jun 14, 2012, 11:31 PM
This is the error Im getting when I try to launch the game by pressing the big blue button.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1851/screenshot20120615at122.png

I cant copy and paste the words to see what it actually says so thats why I'm asking if anyone else on here knows whats going on?

This is my first time using the client because I registered for the pre-open beta.

Please help, I appreciate it so much! Thank you.

Mike
Jun 14, 2012, 11:35 PM
It's says it couldn't update the game and to check if you have enough hard drive space and/or check file permissions.

goldwing
Jun 14, 2012, 11:36 PM
It's says it couldn't update the game and to check if you have enough hard drive space and/or check file permissions.
dang it mike stop beating me!!!!

Memorex
Jun 14, 2012, 11:39 PM
I'm running off of a virtual machine using Parallels 7 for mac using the windows 8 developer preview but its built on the same kernel as windows 7 and it installed fine.

I right click and do run as adminstrator and it still doesn't let me download.

Please help! This first gameplay experience is like 4 years in the waiting lol, is there any way I can manually update the game?

KunoMochi
Jun 14, 2012, 11:46 PM
Did you update the game first by clicking on the third blue button down?

Memorex
Jun 14, 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm going to reboot the virtual machine and see what that does. I remember clicking that button and getting a simliar ending but im not sure. I'll post another picture of what happens.

Thanks again.

I'm getting the same message from pressing the 3rd button down as the first.

Does this mean its just not gonna work lol? cause that would really suck.

Anyway for me to update this game manually?

KunoMochi
Jun 15, 2012, 12:07 AM
Going by what Mike said, you might have 2 other causes.

1. Your disk space is low and it cannot patch the game correctly until you have freed enough space for it to work or...

2. You are logged into an account that does not have the correct level of permission to let the client update the game for you.

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 12:09 AM
I have over 300gbs left of free space, and i right click to run as administrator and this is still an error that I'm getting.

Guess I'm pretty much screwed?

Any ideas?

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 12:19 AM
i cant see why its not working for you. im sure you have a working id and you say you have room. when did u sign up???

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 12:28 AM
i signed up a long time ago but just went to download the client today.

The installation and everything went smooth but now this is happening.

Could it be because I'm running a virtual machine? and not actually using a windows pc?

Its the only thing that i can really think of

tikigod13
Jun 15, 2012, 12:29 AM
Any ideas?

Try using bootcamp?

or maybe it's a weird incompatibility with Windows 8

I'm really just guessing here but from a glance that's what I might say

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 12:33 AM
tikigod how can i use bootcamp? Do i need an actual windows CD?

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 12:37 AM
i signed up a long time ago but just went to download the client today.

The installation and everything went smooth but now this is happening.

Could it be because I'm running a virtual machine? and not actually using a windows pc?

Its the only thing that i can really think of

That could b your prob i csnt say for sure but i will look into it

Chik'Tikka
Jun 15, 2012, 12:39 AM
hmm, i remember using VMWare to multi launch another MMO i played (so i could run mule accounts alongside my main accounts), well that MMO had some security that detected when it was being launched in a virtual machine, i had to do some modding to my VM OS (so it didn't know it was running through a VM) to get it to patch the MMO client, it could be that PSO2 does something similar to prevent people from logging in multiple characters on one computer, but i can't confirm, my PC can barely handle one instance of PSO2 running, let alone 2+^_^+ so im not installing it an any of my VMs +^_^+
oh, and Google helped me with that previous MMO launching via VMWare, maybe if you search for a similar issue with another older game you might find a solution+^_^+

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 12:47 AM
I'm gonig to risk and install it on a old netbook I had lol, I'm so desperate to play this game im going to try anything.

I have a windows pc but its not at my house & i work saturday morning...what luck

Chik'Tikka
Jun 15, 2012, 12:53 AM
Right now, I've got the screen that let's you choose which ship to venture toward. Should I go ahead and select ship 02?

you gotta wait til the servers are green, they are gray right now+^_^+ (unless your color blind)

Esity
Sep 6, 2012, 10:08 PM
Did you ever get this figured out? I am still dealing with this.