PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

Lumir
Jun 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
Im fully ready and waiting for the opening of the servers but i have one issue. I cant change the resolution of the game at all. Its fixed in a smaller windowed mode, and regardless of the changes i make in the settings it wont go through to the game when it launches.

Things I have done:

1. Gone to settings, changed from windowed to full screen

2. Changed resolution

3. Tried different codec settings

4. Hit the first button after my changes to make sure things saved (oddly i see the settings i chose after i re-opening the launcher, they save but do not carry over to the game client).

5. Tried and succeeded changing the settings with the character creator.

What am I doing wrong. Is this a beta bug, or a game guard issue? Please any info would be appreciated.

zOObie1
Jun 15, 2012, 12:29 AM
Quick question that may sound dumb... but were you changing the actual resolution in the settings or changing the UI scale?

Lumir
Jun 15, 2012, 04:21 AM
Quick question that may sound dumb... but were you changing the actual resolution in the settings or changing the UI scale?

Im sure I have been trying to change the correct item. The UI scale only has 3 options. Ive even messed with the config file. But nothing.

Kion
Jun 15, 2012, 04:25 AM
goto MyDocument/Sega and open user.pso2 with notepad. You can edit the resolution settings directly.

If you set the game to fullscreen mode, the game forces either 1280x720 or 1920x1080. If you want to change it to any other resolution, add in the line "VirtualFullScreen = true," to have fullscreen at that resolution.

Windows = {
FullScreen = false,
Height = 600,
Height3d = 480,
VirtualFullScreen = true,
Width3d = 640,
Width = 1068,
},

Lumir
Jun 15, 2012, 04:36 AM
goto MyDocument/Sega and open user.pso2 with notepad. You can edit the resolution settings directly.

If you set the game to fullscreen mode, the game forces either 1280x720 or 1920x1080. If you want to change it to any other resolution, add in the line "VirtualFullScreen = true," to have fullscreen at that resolution.

WOW! Thanks ALOT. For some reason it was the file name! It wasnt user.pso2 it was something different. I think it has something to do with the way I downloaded it. But renaming the file and using the launcher to chose settings for the 1000th time worked!

Kion
Jun 15, 2012, 04:43 AM
As long as it works. My computer has three, user_benchmark.pso2, user_beta.pos2 and user.pso2.

Ezodagrom
Jun 15, 2012, 04:48 AM
WOW! Thanks ALOT. For some reason it was the file name! It wasnt user.pso2 it was something different. I think it has something to do with the way I downloaded it. But renaming the file and using the launcher to chose settings for the 1000th time worked!
That means your client isn't fully updated (or at the very least, the launcher is not updated). Try clicking the 3rd option in the launcher.

This is how the configuration window with the resolution options looks like with the fully updated client:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8377/pso2launcheroptions.jpg