PDA

View Full Version : The New (Finished Product!) PSOW CBT Video Project! Watch it on the first page!

Freshellent
Jun 15, 2012, 02:20 AM
Link to the old thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194804

Way back in April players were finally given the chance to play the long awaited Phantasy Star Online 2 Closed Beta Test. I'm largely ignoring the alpha because I didn't get to participate and as far as that's concerned it never happened.

Yep.

So after quite a few set-backs and long sleepless nights I've finally finished the PSO-W Community Beta Test video. The goal was to both provide a visual document of the beta test, the antics of the community and sort of an advertisement for future players. Unfortunately the cameraman was me and everyone is forced to suffer my terrible editing skills. While it is true that I picked most of the clips, Anything good in there, was likely done by user DanteDMC.That being said, I can proudly (read: nervously) present you the finished product:

Put on you headphones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR8zELcW8AI

DISCLAIMERS: I don't really believe myself to be a very skilled player, as such you'll see some horrible mistakes and quite a few thing I never want to remember but I suffered for you guys and I hope you are happy. While there is quite a bit of my character, you should know that it really stars YOU, the players.

Icespike/Ein! Your music choice is horrible and I wish you could die 1,000 deaths for picking it!
ANSWER: Despite the fact that I'm claiming this video is truly about you guys, and it is, and is ment for you guys, and is, I have taken the liberty of picking music that is outside the norm and I feel accurately represents what I'm trying to share here. Yes, I could have easily used exclusively PS related music, but I did not. Life is suffering.

Icespike/Ein! You said that I would be in the video! You said I was the star and I don't see myself or my shout-out was missed and -rabble-
ANSWER: First off, I'm a scumbag and I'm truly sorry if you've been overlooked or I've promised something I cannot deliver. I'm pressed for time and it's likely that if I've missed something, it's because you either didn't provide a picture or a phrase or quite simply... I forgot. Forgive me, if you guys don't hang me, there WILL be a next time.

Icespike/Ein! You don't show X PA and X Weapon and X Zone or something X!
ANSWER: Let me be clear when I say this. I don't get drops, loot, or things I need. What I get, is a big handful of something I don't need, a lot of it. As such, you guys suffer by seeing a lot of the same attacks, zones, bosses, monsters and the boring stuff over and over and over. I'm sorry, next time I'll adjust the drop tables and make it rain.

I'm sorry there is not more RA and FO footage, I didn't get time to cap them and I'm a big dumb HU. Which is funny considering I started a RA and loved it.

I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL EDITOR. I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE AND HOPE THAT I CAN ONLY IMPROVE ON MY TERRIBAD SKILLS, PLEASE EXCUSE THE QUALITY.

I would like that you guys be honest and help me out by telling me how you feel about what you've watched.

In the future, I hope you provide Tips and Tricks, strats and visual guides to all abilities, armors, units, Photon Arts, enemies, zones, Photon Arts, TECHs, everything. I want to make a full guide and encourage you to either contribute or ban together to do this, for us.

Finally, this was a lot of fun and I hope it's worth the wait. Let me know guys!

Chik'Tikka
Jun 15, 2012, 02:21 AM
OMG you finished it!! +^_^+ ima watch it now!! +^_^+
EDIT: first post +^_^+
Freaking awesome, i put it up on the big screen in full 1080+^_^+ I'm so psyched to play with everyone now!!! +^_^+ i especially love that part about 5 mins in where you die a lot+^_^+ i was like "HELLS YEAH!!!" (nothing against you, i just like seeing players die a lot, that's why i play Gears of War and such) oh and i saw me in your vid+^_^+ just for that, ima use that particular version of Mary in Pre-OBT today!! *feels famous*

(the screen print caught both my monitors, sorry+^_^+)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1924&stc=1&d=1339747320[/SPOILER-BOX]

Tatzelveln
Jun 15, 2012, 02:34 AM
You all look like crazy fun to play with... xD The synchronized dancing parts cracked me up.

ashley50
Jun 15, 2012, 02:34 AM
nicely done sir.

MasterSpark
Jun 15, 2012, 02:38 AM
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. :)

Dragwind
Jun 15, 2012, 02:39 AM
Make sure to watch it in at least 720p, and in full screen. Good job on being able to see a bunch of PSOW names! I'll edit this and add more input once I'm finished with the vid.

What I liked:

Stair jumping, and rail sliding. Abundance of synchronized and non-synchronized dancing. Music choice was fitting, and I was very glad to hear some Episode III goodness in there. The part with the rockbear chasing after you is hilarious. All in all, there were quite a few parts that had some great camera angles, which lead to some pretty neat scenes. The crawling rifle PA bit was hysterical!

The shout-outs section was pretty rad too. It keeps you real busy between reading the main shoutouts, alongside seeing all the people who were hanging out in the cafe.

Also laughed at "my eye is twitching, must be goatee approaching" - Cocona

"There's no beasts here!" - ashley50

Blackheart521
Jun 15, 2012, 04:29 AM
Amazing man, saw myself plenty of times there ^^ and personally I thought the song choices were all very suited, especially the end... made me want to play again even more :-D very great work... couldn't have turned out better if I do say so mahself.

P.S. lawled at the sneak shot part at the end ^^

CelestialBlade
Jun 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
There are so many awesome parts of this worth pointing out that I don't even know where to begin. I really like how this....flows. I can't really explain it but it's really nice. My favorite parts are definitely the dancing, and when we're all just kinda chillin in the blue club. I'm also highly amused by Syl just kinda walking in on us dancing XD.

Oh, and "Dance, for the glory of PSOW!".

Ys VI - Levo Lution The Ruined City of Kishgal (Down Earth Mix)
WHOEVER SUGGESTED THAT IS PROBABLY A COOL PERSON. PROBABLY. JUST SAYIN

Also laughed at "my eye is twitching, must be goatee approaching" - Cocona
I laughed when I said that too, wow :lol:

I'll have to watch again after work when I'm not still sleepy to truly appreciate it, but seriously, well done. This is a gem that will represent our community indefinitely. I love you guys.

- Cocona

batfax
Jun 15, 2012, 04:33 AM
The perfect thing to watch before more beta! Thanks for doing this.

Drifting Fable
Jun 15, 2012, 04:36 AM
This is great. ^^ The purest representation of our fun community.

I'll definitely make sure I'm playing on block 20 instead of 02 in the future. ^^;

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 04:38 AM
...at the end there.

"You can't help but sta-"

You son of a bitch.

That was pretty awesome. I liked all the songs you picked. Very happy with what you did; I'm impressed. I hope you make many more videos in the future, whatever they may be.

Blackheart521
Jun 15, 2012, 04:45 AM
...at the end there.

"You can't help but sta-"

You son of a bitch.

It is kinda true, they kinda POP, like the focal point lol ^^;

Ryo
Jun 15, 2012, 04:57 AM
I really liked it. Won't lie, made me a bit misty. I <3 this damned community.

CelestialBlade
Jun 15, 2012, 09:44 AM
Whoa this got bumped off the front page fast o_O; Needs more exposure!

I think Cocona's entire head can fit behind....those.

Moah
Jun 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
Moah loved the video! This is some hilarious stuff here. I was not expecting my picture to appear at the end of the video haha!

SolRiver
Jun 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
Haha, I like it. For a very picky person, I like it. A lot of heart and effort, well spend.

(need more pso epr3 music!)

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
this was awesome dude i dont see why you said you sucked at this

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 11:08 AM

What are you talking about!? They do no such thi-

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/PSO2/PreOB6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

...okay, so what!?

I think the Dragonette song went pretty well with the video's feeling (oh, and the fact that it's Summer right now, hurr). The transitioning was also pretty creative, and the little added bits n' bobs (like the 'Rockbear Dodge Counter') made me laugh. Wonderful job to Icespike and Dante. I hope I can work with you on those tips n' tricks videos you plan on doing. Seems like fun.

Zeota
Jun 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Great job, man! Great job!

Also LMAO @ the end. I didn't realize you could do that, though I didn't mess around with ranger much.

bryanbtje
Jun 15, 2012, 12:15 PM
Amazing video! Really loved it.

Zorafim
Jun 15, 2012, 01:29 PM
I miss VCC videos. There's just nothing like them. This really got me excited for the next time I'll be able to play. I haven't laughed this hard in quite a while, I really love you guys.
So, um... What did you call those rockbear's mothers? They didn't seem to like you very much.

Oh! There I am! Is that what I look like? God I'm sexy! So much for me switching mains during the next beta.

r00tabaga
Jun 15, 2012, 01:33 PM
The links not working for my iPhone. Can someone tell me what the title is on YouTube? Psow cbt isn't found. Thx

Zorafim
Jun 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
[PSOW CBT Community Video 2012] -Phantasy Star Online 2- "Memories."

RemChu
Jun 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
The links not working for my iPhone. Can someone tell me what the title is on YouTube? Psow cbt isn't found. Thx

r00tabaga
Jun 15, 2012, 01:41 PM

My iPhone says "no videos". I'll check you guys out on a computer when I go to work later. Sounds like you did a good job dude. :3thumbsup:

Kazzi
Jun 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
This really made my miserable day <3 great work, thank you for doing all this! I'll be sharing it around!

CelestialBlade
Jun 15, 2012, 02:24 PM
My iPhone says "no videos". I'll check you guys out on a computer when I go to work later. Sounds like you did a good job dude. :3thumbsup:
It hasn't been made available for mobile viewing. Some YouTube setting the uploader has to check, I think.

Man, this really does remind me of classic VCC vids. We've really gotta reband in some quantity.

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
Guess I'm missing something. The hell are "VCC" videos?

Gama
Jun 15, 2012, 02:41 PM
this video is so much fun !!!!

in the end that crawling race reminded me of the photon chair races xD

CelestialBlade
Jun 15, 2012, 02:54 PM
Guess I'm missing something. The hell are "VCC" videos?
...Heh...

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjBxiRLu8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6YuVxLMqUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8iqJGcd7dk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHR5AYTaAI[/spoiler-box]

....god I miss those guys.

Anyway, now that I'm home from work and I'm a little bit more awake than I was at 5am...some stuff I really liked:

- The music is set so well with the action. This is where I'm really appreciating the timing that went into this, especially with the first song because parts of it match up really nicely and it creates good flow. Nicely done.
- The dancing. We're all so hot. I'm serious, those scenes turned out really nicely.
- The Rockbear dodge count was brilliant, I laughed pretty hard XD Same with EMERGENCY CODE: STUCK.
- There were some pretty classic one-liners spread out during this if you can find them. Syl cracks me up.
- Ash said it best: This is the best part about Phantasy Star, we all sit around and do nothing. This video really brought back memories of the fun we used to have in lobbies just sitting around in early PSU.
- You guys look like a bunch of worms at the end, that was hilarious.
- Cocona needs a *tan*, why did I make her so damn pale o_O; Also wished I had finished her autowords and emotes and such, but, next time.

Overall I'm just super-proud to have been a part of this and I can't wait for our next project. It was worth the wait and the new friends I've gotten out of this are going to make PSO2 even more fun than it already is. I think Ein deserves a *huge* thank-you for putting the time and effort into this because it made it that much better and it definitely deserved it.

If your "tips and tricks" idea is something similar to what we were gonna do with Guild Wars 2, then I'm definitely in. I'd be more than happy to help out however I can.

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sooooo, I'm guessing that VCC videos are just random jumbles of what-the-fuck-ever? I could see how it reminded some people of that, then.

As for one-liners, Icespike just had to pick up right where Griffin called me a 'ho'.
even though later I got the "FRICKIN CHROME DOME" line in huehuhehuehuehuh

Also, you guys are GW2 partners? Well, that explains a lot.

Freshellent
Jun 15, 2012, 04:20 PM
Okay, so I'm not nearly as nervous as I was about posting it now. You guys are really kind, considering there's so many glaring errors I want to change in the video now. Regardless, thanks for the feedback so far! I feel better about taking so long, I thought for sure you'd all be upset about it.

@Anyone trying to use their smartphones/mobile stuff:

There's this funny thing on youtube called: Copyright. That being said, it gave me a prompt screaming that I was using a song I didn't own (which is funny because I actually bought it electronically) and a few other things. So what does that mean? It means anyone using a mobile device is getting the D'. Sorry guys, I really can't do anything about it, it's the penalty for using that awesome track. And before anyone says WELL IF YOU HAD USED JUST PSO MUSIC DEN U WULDNT HAB HAD DAT PROBUM.......................

Well, you're right. If I did, a lot of what I tried to share wouldn't be right and I feel it would have missed the mark. Maybe next time?

Dante did the text parts for the Rockbear counter, I didn't have the patience for it myself. I did all the shout-outs and really wish I had done it differently now, but whatever. Looking back, I was really teary eye'd writing it. I wish I was joking but this community means a lot to me, and I can honestly say I'm living proof that the people you meet online can change your life. Anyone that knows me personally understands this and I'm sure my roommate knows it better than anyone else. I was really set on using that song because of how much it means to me and so accurately represents the PS series and how it disturbingly relates to all of us and everything we do.

Yo Fresh, that chit is MAD corny!

I know, it hella is.

There's a few people that want me to talk about the past in detail, I'm really not here to do that. I'm adamant about crafting new memories to add to our already existing ones. Besides, a lot of it isn't anyone's business anyway. I do wish some people could have been there for the CBT, but a lot of us have moved on while the rest cling to what was. We don't have to start fresh (stop laughing) we just have to keep moving forward.

My particular favorite moments are actually little things like watching you guys talk amongst yourselves while I filmed. The whole time I spent editing was really sort of a strange feeling. I work a lot and can't actually stand it, so to come home to you guys just being yourselves was this huge sense of relief, and a really daunting task. I admit, the cutting was really stressful at time since I had to do SO much of it. I didn't realize how much work was at hand, and lead to some late nights drinking and some really strange conversations. I've made some promises not to get that smashed again anytime soon because of it, hahah.

Oh! One scene that I could not stop laughing at, besides that stupid fat ass beetle getting stuck was seeing my character sprint towards the Vol kill camera to spam the emote. It fits him so well, very proud to have played him. I don't know if anyone realized, but Raiden's HUcaseal got the killing blow with the photon blast, it just worked out so well, not at all planned.

That's the main thing about this video, yes a lot of the dancing was planned, but just as much of it was really just random as hell and happened pretty naturally. You guys are there because you enjoy the game and WANTED to be there. It's real, so much of it is just how it really is when you play the game and interact with our community.

I'm pretty pissed that I didn't make the video longer to include a lot of the players that I met, I didn't get a chance to collect shout-outs from them and they aren't really in the clips I used. There's SO much that happened during those few days, it's hard to keep track of it all.

Some users were show-stealers. I actually had too much footage of some players and not enough of others. It was a careful balance of my own character too, I didn't want it to be really focused on him because I think it would take the viewers out of it.

I still want to do the guides, but I think the next video I work on will be something a little different. I won't reveal what I have in mind yet, but the only clue I can say is, just be creative and original, like I know you guys can be.

Fsck Rockbears, that was honestly bullchit. I shared that part purely out of spite because I couldn't believe how badly they wanted to crush me. I wasn't sure if it was bug in their AI or if it's because we just walked into their 'house' dressed like kids from space and started jammin' out like we owned the place. Plus, as far as I know I haven't seen anyone else run into that issue. (I'm not saying I'm really upset or think it's an issue, I just think it was absurd)

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 04:22 PM
Some users were show-stealers. I actually had too much footage of some players and not enough of others.

I'll never forgive you.

http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/quarrel/s0650.gif

possibly joking. possibly.

CelestialBlade
Jun 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry we drove you to drinking D:

In all seriousness, your fears were unfounded. This represents our community really well and it's something we can all be proud of. Besides, there's plenty more memories to create.

Digs
Jun 15, 2012, 05:14 PM
Oh goodness, that video was fantastic and looked like a blast to film. I'm so happy to see that ol' PSO spirit back in action, PSU was fun but it lacked that spark that kept you in a full lobby just to goof off with any random individual, that also might be because I was on Xbox. ;p

Incredible work though, the first half with all the lobby fun still has me all giddy. ^^

Crysteon
Jun 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
Oh god...so much randomness on that vid! You did a great job compiling all that stuff :0

I never thought there was so much people playing at Block 20, lol. I prefered to stay away from that block for my own reasons....actually, I did my chars on Ship 2 because my friends told me they were going to play there (my original plan was to play on Ship 1 from the very beggining)......I guess it wouldnt hurt going to Block 20 once in a while, just to chill.

Btw, I didnt know about that remix of YS VI...lolz. Sounds better than the original theme, imo >_>

Gama
Jun 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
i'm addicted to the first song O.o

BBYiffo
Jun 15, 2012, 06:21 PM
"That first line I don't know how to start a post here."

I didn't know dancing with people randomly would get me into a video. >.<
Either way CBT was fun. Too bad I spent most of my time grinding my other classes instead of looking around lobby.

Thrane
Jun 15, 2012, 06:37 PM
I wish I could have participated in the CBT before. That looked like a fun video to be a part of and film. Hopefully I can join this community as a newcomer with a few years of PSU experience.

SolRiver
Jun 16, 2012, 12:57 AM
considering there's so many glaring errors I want to change in the video now.

Don't bother fixing it, just make next video better =D

live and learn sonic style!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zZus_1_ag

kdrakari
Jun 16, 2012, 01:10 AM
8:20 is the best part.

LinkKD
Jun 16, 2012, 02:19 AM
Wow...just wow

This video is deffinitely amazing, and you can feel the effort and heart put into it

many lolrofl parts

many beautiful parts

many cool parts

I wasn't there, but I can tell you guys had a lot of fun...and really enjoyed a MMO in one of the best ways possible

this reminded me of many things I had long forgotten...I hope I can someday have this much fun on a MMO like I once did =w=

Thanks for making the vid, big props to IceSpike, Dante and everyone who played the CBT, the effort was deffinitely worth it

Syl
Jun 16, 2012, 02:21 AM
Man, this really does remind me of classic VCC vids. We've really gotta reband in some quantity.
inorite?

Bruh, you made an excellent video as always. Whenever there was a video involved, I felt a strong sense of connection with this community. It's unlike anything I have ever played. This is why I love this franchise to bits. This video makes me feel that connection.

As corny as shit as this will sound, I hope we have plenty of good times together in the future of PSO2 just like we did in the olden days.

mctastee
Jun 16, 2012, 02:26 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this video. You don't need to worry too much about editing when your footage is this good

Freshellent
Jun 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
Emergancy Code: Bump!

Enforcer MKV
Jun 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
Best part is at 12:52, hands down. I cracked up.

Also: It's all good, Icespike. I'm sure we're all very happy with what you made, I know I am. Heck, I wasn't even in the video.

.....This must be remedied in the next video. D:<

(Really. Good work man, be proud.)

mctastee
Jun 17, 2012, 12:19 AM
I think I have watched this video at least 10 times over the past 3 days. Dat rappy costume.

goldwing
Jun 17, 2012, 01:02 AM
inorite?

Bruh, you made an excellent video as always. Whenever there was a video involved, I felt a strong sense of connection with this community. It's unlike anything I have ever played. This is why I love this franchise to bits. This video makes me feel that connection.

As corny as shit as this will sound, I hope we have plenty of good times together in the future of PSO2 just like we did in the olden days.

Corny? I found nothing corny about it

Crimson Exile
Jun 17, 2012, 01:26 AM
Wow nice vid.

Jarek
Jun 17, 2012, 07:23 AM
Needs more views. *watches again*
The music during the rockbear count is incredibly catchy.

Freshellent
Jun 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the support guys! To the top again!

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
This might come out wrong, but I'm surprised that a niche video about a niche video game already has like 800+ views. I'm impressed; usually people on Youtube just skim right over that kind of stuff.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 18, 2012, 04:50 PM
Good stuff you made. I'm glad Ce'Nedra got an appearance in this video even though it was of r a mere second or so at 2.38 if I recall correctly. Added it to my favorites on YouTube :D

CelestialBlade
Jun 18, 2012, 05:50 PM
This might come out wrong, but I'm surprised that a niche video about a niche video game already has like 800+ views. I'm impressed; usually people on Youtube just skim right over that kind of stuff.
Whoa, that's awesome o_o I'm glad so many have gotten to experience a taste of our community and I think we advertised the game well.

Hope you're watching somewhere, Sega.

Freshellent
Jun 19, 2012, 11:15 PM
I haven't bothered pushing it anywhere but this forum really. Shows how many of you are out there.

Once I do a less personalized video, I'll try to post it around to get people interested in the game. I'll be SEGAs whole advertising branch starring you guys.

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah, to all you forum newbies, watch the video in the OP of this thread.

Or else.

goldwing
Jun 19, 2012, 11:39 PM
Gotta admit this is one worth bumping over and over again.

Alpha2090
Jun 20, 2012, 12:43 AM
Wow...given how rarely we played together (it was a grand total of once by the way), I'm surprised that my Ryark Valdis appeared so many times. A worthier compilation has never before been created before this moment and I shall be sure to remember your name for at least the next 24 hours. Now, to find further greatness!

mctastee
Jun 20, 2012, 12:57 AM

Or else.

I have probably watched it over a dozen times already.

Freshellent
Jun 20, 2012, 12:59 AM
Wow...given how rarely we played together (it was a grand total of once by the way), I'm surprised that my Ryark Valdis appeared so many times. A worthier compilation has never before been created before this moment and I shall be sure to remember your name for at least the next 24 hours. Now, to find further greatness!

We did about 4 runs actually. But yes, glad you liked it.

LinkKD
Jun 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
I haven't bothered pushing it anywhere but this forum really. Shows how many of you are out there.

Once I do a less personalized video, I'll try to post it around to get people interested in the game. I'll be SEGAs whole advertising branch starring you guys.

Haha~ this sounds pretty good...I feel like supporting you any way possible if you are to do further videos (even though I'm a newbie here)

Or else.

Watched many times and sent to friends already QQ (it's actually the video I'm using to show PSO2 to my friends who doesn't know about it)

Though rly, the video deserves more views...watching it over and over I could notice how many parts synched very well, and how it's an overall enjoyable video to watch

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 05:04 AM
i'm using this video to show my friends how awesome this game/community is.

CelestialBlade
Jun 20, 2012, 05:53 AM
So awesome to see it's achieving all the project set out to do! I've been showing a few of my friends too.

Our summer just gets gets betta betta~

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 06:48 AM
So awesome to see it's achieving all the project set out to do! I've been showing a few of my friends too.

its definitively going to get allot better!!! :D

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
Love it!

Daixsue
Jun 20, 2012, 08:20 AM
Wow, we gotta really good chance if the community can stay as proactive and respctful as seen in the video.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 02:13 PM

It certainly does, with good reason. The video has hit over 1,000 views!

Time to salute the viewers and fans.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Ad0nR.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

DanteDMC
Jun 21, 2012, 12:32 AM
Excellent work on the video, sir! That damn Rockbear count... @_@ THIRTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY~

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 04:31 AM
That's pretty awesome, congrats on breaking the 1000-view barrier!