PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Update Downloader stalled? *help*

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 03:59 AM
How long does it take to make sure the client is up to date?

Just want to make sure its not frozen but actually doing something.

Thanks.

Sp-24
Jun 15, 2012, 04:03 AM
The amount of time it takes varies. It took me over 5 hours to download everything. But it always looks like it froze at first, so don't worry about that one.

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 04:07 AM
yeah its starting to make progress...though slowly lol. I CANT WAIT!!! I hope I can get atleast 3 hours of gameing in.

We're on ship 2, block 20-21 right?

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 15, 2012, 04:08 AM
It took me a little over 2 hours to download. Hopefully, you will be able to fully download and patch it and still enjoy the time you have left playing the pre-Open Beta.

Sp-24
Jun 15, 2012, 04:08 AM
yeah its starting to make progress...though slowly lol. I CANT WAIT!!! I hope I can get atleast 3 hours of gameing in.

We're on ship 2, block 20-21 right?

Yeah, that's by far the most popular choice here.

Lostbob117
Jun 15, 2012, 04:11 AM
The patch isn't done for me yet I've been patching the game for 3hours so far.

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 04:11 AM
I'm patching right now, how long does the patch usually take to download?

Seems to me this will be done in about 1-2 hours leaving me about 4 hours of hardcore playtime lol

bradsta6508
Jun 15, 2012, 04:17 AM
Why are people waiting until the morning of Pre-Open Beta to patch, is my question.

Sp-24
Jun 15, 2012, 04:18 AM
Laziness? I understand it oh so very well...

Lostbob117
Jun 15, 2012, 04:22 AM
I was going to start like at 12am but, I pressed the wrong thing and like a hour I got an error and so I clicked the correct thing to patch the game.

MasterSpark
Jun 15, 2012, 04:26 AM
You guys are getting it off easy, my patching took about 21 hours.

Seriously.

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 04:26 AM
Why are people waiting until the morning of Pre-Open Beta to patch, is my question.

I planned to patch around 12 am also....but I ran into NUMEROUS problems with running on a virtual machine but i got everything worked out around 4 am.

Now all I can do is wait...and splurge later :D

Memorex
Jun 15, 2012, 04:27 AM
Ouch 21 hours? It looks like I'll be playing at 7 as far as I can tell. Its about 25-30 percent done and its been going for almost a half hour. Lets hope the pace keeps up

doomdragon83
Jun 15, 2012, 04:29 AM
If you mean starting the launcher and clicking the first button on top, then it's because I didn't know. When I first saw that, I thought it was were you put your login and stuff. I didn't realize those were actually bars and not text fields. I thought I had everything done but it seems that isn't the case, at this rate, I'll probably be able to play tomorrow only.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 15, 2012, 06:44 AM
I'm fairly pissed off. I left my PSO2 to patch a couple of times, and it kept going to sleep in the middle of the night.

Forgot to change the sleep settings from 1 hour to never. Now I wont get to play the pre-closed beta today :(

Cypher_9
Jun 15, 2012, 07:33 AM

Well the fact of the matter is with my situation is that on my primary drive I got the patch but then the PSO2 game was acting up due to its gameguard... I realized this was a problem since an update I gave to Windows did the same thing to another game called Vindictus

So i wiped my HDD, and downloaded the PSO2 .exe from the site under the assumption that it was pre patched... but I was sadly mistaken... now am suffering under this condition...

I hope that is a valid answer to your question... XD

Actually now that I remember... I did click on the updater to see if it would update... and it gave the signal that everything was fine aside from be being able to go in to see blank servers... but... yeah... >.>

StepsonuTM
Jun 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
So wait, when you Click the Top button of the pso2 exe DOes it mean to Play/ Update?:o cause thats what i did & not sure if i am doing it correctly. =_= Should have Patched up Days ago, but thought this was just something from pso2 not being Online to play x_x grrrrrrr