PDA

View Full Version : The New Desert Mission

Rizen
Jun 15, 2012, 06:13 AM
All I can say is...WOW! I love the enemies and the new collect mission.

Just in case people have trouble with the collection quest at the end, you have to press E rapidly or hold E down when the light is flashing on the nodes in order to increase its progress.

So, what do you all think of it?

Edit: Streaming until the end 11 AM!
http://www.twitch.tv/rizenforce#

Demon-
Jun 15, 2012, 06:16 AM
Yeah it's pretty awesome.

SELENNA
Jun 15, 2012, 07:12 AM
Funny thing : I was level 2 when I attempted this mission with my ranger. Easily got to part 2 but when the new enemy appeared (robot with a turret) he destroyed me in one attack lol

Demon-
Jun 15, 2012, 07:41 AM
Oh wow the robot that splits into 3 parts is LOL

PROTIP: kill the flying part because he keeps reviving the other parts.

Rizen
Jun 15, 2012, 07:55 AM
Actually, the better thing to do is the kill one part so it stands still while reviving the others. Then you can take it out alot quicker.

Macman
Jun 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
You don't have to mash E on the drills, just hold it down. Don't press it when it's not flashing though, or it'll reverse itself.

Macman
Jun 15, 2012, 08:08 AM
Where did you fight the Antlion?

Rizen
Jun 15, 2012, 08:11 AM
You don't have to mash E on the drills, just hold it down. Don't press it when it's not flashing though, or it'll reverse itself.

Noted. Thanks

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 08:19 AM
The antlion is easy enough. STAND ON ANYTHING. WIN FIGHT.

Krisan
Jun 15, 2012, 08:24 AM
So where do you get your Bouquet Rifle code anyway? I S-Ranked the mission already, but I'm not clear if the code is handed to you somewhere ingame, hidden in the mission itself, or just emailed to you after this test is over.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
probably when the test is over.

is this all we need to do for the bouquet rifle?

Do we have to do anything for the rappy figure or do we automatically get it for participating in Pre-open-beta?

r00tabaga
Jun 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
...all I gotta say is "Holy Tatooine, Batman!"

njdss4
Jun 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
Having to interact with the towers was cool (once I figured it out), but I wasn't too keen on the floor spikes. I guess it won't be much of a problem now that I know to look out for them, but I thought fighting enemies and watching for projectiles and traps was more than enough.

LatinWolf
Jun 15, 2012, 09:29 AM
Took me a few attempts, but thanks to Milla and Zephyr was able to get it done finally. Nice work!

Mike
Jun 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
More people need to know this.

g3kko
Jun 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
i faild by the first try :/

Crysteon
Jun 15, 2012, 10:03 AM
You dont need to mash the Access button for the pods, indeed...but mashing it kinda makes the process go a little quickier...and it's quickier if you use a gamepad with turbo functions or joy2key.

Crimson Exile
Jun 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
It was fun up until the servers went offline half way threw.....

DemonMike
Jun 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
Fun area! The team I was in failed the collect mission the first time (we all had no idea what to do), but we clocked on to what you need to do just after we restarted the mission.

Loving the robots too.

kdrakari
Jun 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
The mission is pretty fun, but due to the code: collect required for completion I recommend not going in solo or with just bots. Bots don't defend you well enough and activate the points.

Vashyron
Jun 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
[spoiler-box]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596973544034430043/76291ED059020FACA31F6C15E026631400862334/[/spoiler-box]

Nice transition, though I'd guess they would fix this happening at nearly all the edges of the map. (I hope.)

Anyway nice area, enjoy it much more than the Caves so far, but still like the Forest and City Environment more.

DTwO
Jun 15, 2012, 10:11 AM
My 500 benchmarking pro computer dropped a few in FPS cause of the sandstorm but it still ran decent lol

Macman
Jun 15, 2012, 10:11 AM
Sandstorm made my video card a little noisy, but it still ran smoothly.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
the last goddamn drill section is so lulzly oh my god. it reminds me of the one pokemon stadium game where you have a pikachu or voltorb charge a powerplant or something. the powerplant says A or B and you have to mash a or b, but if you mash A while it says B your score goes down.

BUT LOL GODDAMN THAT DRILL SECTION MAN LOL ITS JUST LOL

the time limit is actually decently challenging.

first attempt with randoms, completed in no time

2nd attempt with a buddy. got to the end but it was his first time at the drill part and wasn't used to the timing of when the white flashing circles come back so we failed

3rd attempt with same buddy, mapped got glitched on 3rd area, ran around for like 15 minutes and the drills didn't respawn so we restarted

4th attempt THIS IS THE BEST ONE LOL. WE GOT REALLY CLOSE AND HAD LIKE 3 SECONDS LEFT, AND IF WE BOTH PRESSED E AT THE EXACTL SAME TIME THE DOUBLE PARTNER E BOOST WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST ENOUGH TO COMPLETE THE BAR BUT HE ACCIDENTALLY RANGER ROLLED AND WE DIDNT MAKE IT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

5th attempt we made it but like at 20 seconds a mech spawned and svprised us with its damn blue laser and we started freaking out we were like LOL SHIT SHIT SHIT WE'RE GONNA FAIL -AGAAAAIN- but we made it with like 10 seconds left.

oh god it was definitely lol

so yeah anyway i donno if this was mentioned but yeah. make sure you guys both press E on the same drill otherwise it'll be really hard to do this quest.

Fujiko
Jun 15, 2012, 10:26 AM
Might just be because I didn't get any sleep, but it felt really long and dragged. I was falling asleep at the end, but it was probably just me.

Didn't have any issues with the drill at the end, got it on my first attempt.

The robot enemies are fun to fight, but wish more of the dubchic type spawned instead of the spidery ones.

Also felt the spawning was higher than the other multi-party areas, just back tracking a bit, I would have to fight through an entire new set of enemies. Eventually it just got tiresome with no breaks in between battles, but again that could be fatigue talking.

Ryudo
Jun 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
Really fun mission, I got a code attack on one of those 3 part robots and it had a bunch of other robots with it too that kept respawning and then an antlion popped up too, as we retreated they turned on each other and there was a massive robot laser battle :D

Hansha
Jun 15, 2012, 10:46 AM
The mission was fun. Got two antlions and then changed over into two more during last 10 minutes.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
Wasn't too bad solo with NPCs. Didn't draw any large groups on the collect drills though, so...

I ran into an infinite spawn in the multiparty part. Me and some other people probably dropped twenty to thirty of the quadruped robots in like 5 minutes or less there.

I'm expecting this to be more like level 14-15 or so in the full OB - forest already gets you up through level 10 on its own without difficulty.

Crystal_Shard
Jun 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
@Randomness: Maybe 21-30, seeing as Forest covers 1-10 and Caves 11-20?

Signodans can be pretty dangerous if you're unlucky to get hit by every single bullet they fire. Gilnas has a pretty impressive spread of long range beam weapons. The split form is mildly annoying but not too threatening.

Gwanahdas are a decent change up from the garden variety Darkers.

Crysteon
Jun 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
It was fun while it lasted...and I have certain temptation to rip that desert bgm tomorrow :megusta:

Rizen
Jun 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
The mission was fun. Got two antlions and then changed over into two more during last 10 minutes.
I WAS THERE! :D

Zaix
Jun 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
@Randomness: Maybe 21-30, seeing as Forest covers 1-10 and Caves 11-20?

Signodans can be pretty dangerous if you're unlucky to get hit by every single bullet they fire. Gilnas has a pretty impressive spread of long range beam weapons. The split form is mildly annoying but not too threatening.

Gwanahdas are a decent change up from the garden variety Darkers.

There's also hard Forest at level 20 (Which is in the POBT) so its hard to say exactly what level range the desert will fit into.

Rizen
Jun 16, 2012, 06:03 AM
I just tested my original press E rapidly theory versus holding and it is ALOT faster to press E rapidly. I was able to get 4 nodes up by myself within the time frame.

GlacialTerror
Jun 16, 2012, 08:27 AM
Did they say if you have to s rank the mission in order to get the rifle code?

moeri
Jun 16, 2012, 08:44 AM
ugh can't seem to complete this one myself

that code collect is really difficult for me
4th time failing on the collect portion

LatinWolf
Jun 16, 2012, 08:54 AM

took me a few tries also, don't sweat it

Hayde
Jun 16, 2012, 09:03 AM

If you're doing this solo, remember you can have some NPC's join if you've done their client orders--in my case, I got to level 5 while unlocking Aflin and Xeno (well, Xeno is more or less "default" if you're following the matter board quests). They were a great distraction to the enemies while the mashed the crap out of my 'E' button when the orb was glowing.

moeri
Jun 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
took me a few tries also, don't sweat it

lol this time i got it....

no enemies spawned with them so all i had to do was walk up to them and hack lol

renrinken
Jun 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Loved this mission so much but it does have a negetive side. I was so incredibly loving the enemy design I ended up quoting Starship Troopers the all game and annoyed my friends to no end =p

RemChu
Jun 16, 2012, 11:32 AM
Beat this mission second try with a friend. Down to the wire to activate the last totem....crazy.

The emergency code to fight the robot that splits into three is simply insane :3

mctastee
Jun 16, 2012, 05:53 PM
Completed this mission on the second try with a full group. Fail the first time because we had no idea how the drills worked. The second time we tried we ended up getting Emergency code fight and collect at the same time. So we ended having to fight the robots and do the drills at the same time. Halfway through that the antlion decided to come out, with one drill left to finish. We just barely got the collect portion done then we quickly finished off the robots so we could focus on the antlion.

For what it was, the situation was pretty intense. This game isn't even out yet and I already love it more than any other game I have.

Digs
Jun 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
Finished it by myself in just under five minutes without killing a single enemy, ran through each section ignoring enemies, when I got to the drill I just stood behind it because it's solid and enemies can't hit you through it. Finished with 50 seconds to spare. Tried for a third but failed, only needed like 10% too.

Not the best way to do it, got me a C ranking... =/

Sunbro
Jun 16, 2012, 06:28 PM
During the last hour of the pre-obt, I decided to solo the desert mission just to explore and goof around a bit. The first zone was relatively easy. Nothing too exciting. The second zone was much more exciting though. During my exploration, I decided to go to he bottom per corner of the second map. Upon my arrival, the following happens:
*walking around the area*
*red vortex appears and begins to surround me*
"Emergency code rescue"
Next thing I know I'm teleported into a giant red cage in the middle of the map. I start attacking the walls trying to escape, but I could barely make a dent in the cage's health. "No problem, I'll just keep attacking till I get out. Looks like this will be my last mission of the pre-obt". As I was thinking this, enemies began to spawn inside the cage. I realize they are programmed to spawn in such a way that they are guaranteed to surround you on all sides. "I'm going to die in this cage!" At that moment, I heard the sound of someone attacking. Another party had been given the task of rescuing me. They do everything they can to break the cage. Meanwhile, I'm trying to survive the waves of enemies inside the cage. Just as things begin to look bleak, they break the cage open and we finish off the remaining enemies together. My reaction when this was all done:
I LOVE THIS GAME!

Daveach
Jun 16, 2012, 10:13 PM
During the last hour of the pre-obt, I decided to solo the desert mission just to explore and goof around a bit. The first zone was relatively easy. Nothing too exciting. The second zone was much more exciting though. During my exploration, I decided to go to he bottom per corner of the second map. Upon my arrival, the following happens:
"Emergency code rescue"
Next thing I know I'm teleported into a giant red cage in the middle of the map. I start attacking the walls trying to escape, but I could barely make a dent in the cage's health. "No problem, I'll just keep attacking till I get out. Looks like this will be my last mission of the pre-obt". As I was thinking this, enemies began to spawn inside the cage. I realize they are programmed to spawn in such a way that they are guaranteed to surround you on all sides. "I'm going to die in this cage!" At that moment, I heard the sound of someone attacking. Another party had been given the task of rescuing me. They do everything they can to break the cage. Meanwhile, I'm trying to survive the waves of enemies inside the cage. Just as things begin to look bleak, they break the cage open and we finish off the remaining enemies together. My reaction when this was all done:
I LOVE THIS GAME!

I LOVE when that happens, im glad i loged in while the Emergency Mission was on, and well, Urban Recovery mobs are 11+, and i was just lvl 5 lol

imarafan
Jun 16, 2012, 10:43 PM
"Emergency code rescue"
I LOVE THIS GAME!

Yeah, CODE:COLLECT makes shine the good Samaritan in all of us (inb4most people only do it for the extra exp).

I got it twice in Urban, but I think we cleared them pretty quick (so it wasn't as exciting as yours).

As for my experience with this mission? Well I tried to do it as fast as we could so I went with another guy/gal with a level 2 I think and we both got killed by the Gilchic-like robot.

Then I tried again the second day, this time being level 6 an with a full party, it took us a while to get there (we kind of got lost in the great wall) and when we got to the drills I thought only one had to use the tower while the others covered his back, this little delay almost cost us the mission but we managed to pull it out at the very last second. (For a moment I thought we were going to have a complete screen and then a fail one)

All in all is a pretty cool mission, or at least the map is, the enemies are entertaining to dodge/kill and the music was amazing.