PDA

View Full Version : Changes Between CB and P-OB

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just a quick little thread here to catalog a few changes as seen by forum-goers. New info will be placed here in the OP.

On-Ship
- The Tekker shop has been moved near the rest of the item shops on the lower level. The old location is simply closed.
- Tech and Weapons sellers are now in the same kiosk.
- The AC Scratches have many more prizes, but are pretty damned expensive. The most expensive one was 5,000 AC (11 pre-paid scratches).
- No longer had to do the Client Order tutorial.
- City Mission lowered to Level 11. Dark Ragne now at Level 15. Time limit now at 20 minutes.
- Higher-level version of missions now available after doing a Client Request to unlock them.
- A few NPCs have been moved, as well as a few new ones inserted.
- Didn't see any new furnishings or clothes for sale.
- There's a second clerk now at the recycle shop. She is where you can spend Net Cafe Points (see spoiler-box).
- They put tables in a few places that serve no purpose other than to be tables.
- Various NPCs have been given new, updated motions to make them feel more alive. Lisa is somehow even more animated, Maloo greets you good afternoon, Jean keeps rambling on as you leave, etc.
- You can once more actually sit on lobby chairs instead of just stand on them, but there are now fewer chairs.

Forest
Glyhps (the shiny badges that put you in an instance with an NPC) are more frequent now.

Desert
- Those big, ugly spinning bug Darkers show up as random enemies. They were in the City mission before. Don't be near when they get up from a knock-down.
- The Antlion is easy. Just stay off the ground and snipe it. The black-clouds animation sucks anything on its level towards it. The tentacles will grab you and hold you in place so it can ram you.
- The Metal Gears are out. First form they're weak when they open their middle to fire either shots or a laser. They then split into three parts: you only need to kill the floating core to kill it, as taking out the legs or arms just brings the core in to revive them. Still, might want to take one out to lure it in. Again, taking the high ground means the legs/arms can't hurt you.
- Those quadrupeds are either melee or ranged, much like the flunky bots in PSU. Ranged will charge before strike.
- Those little f'in tanks. They'll either flank around you and shoot, or fire one massive attack.
- The Mission Objective is simple: go to any of the several towers. When they are glowing, mash "e" (you can also hold "e", but it takes longer) to raise their gauge. Hitting them while they aren't glowing lowers the gauge.
- The sandstorm is nice for hurting your overall FPS.
- Day and Night time can show up.
- Spiked floor punji traps. Some are slightly obscured, and others are just hard to see through the sandstorm.
- Poison traps now in the air.

Enemies
- Some enemies now have dual weaknesses.

Character
- The Class Skill Trees were updated. New translations are in-progress.
- You can now access the Matter Board from the My Ship, instead of having to go back to the lobby.
- The rewards and requirements for the Matter Board's first board have changed.
- The Dash button doesn't force you to dash forward any more, even in TPS Mode.
- When a new Client Order is available, sometimes the client will call you when you return from a mission.
- Weak Bullet cool-down is two minutes for the first level.
- The option to disable the swear filter is gone.
- Mag license available at level 5 with an easier quest.

Servers
- Server stress has been improved greatly. Little to no lag in lobbies, and the characters nearest to you actually load now.
- Just a note: in Closed Beta, we usually only had lobbies 1 and 2 maxed. Today we had lobbies 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 20 and 21 maxed. Lots of new players.

Speculation (Unconfirmed but observed; subject to change)
- AI seems to have improved
- More precise aiming while walking/standing
- Launcher splash damage reduced
- Feels like TP regen is slower
- Tech animations seems less flashy
- Gigrants seems to hit like it would be expected to now- the hit sound playing 4-5 times per cast, and it looks like it matched up with the damage numbers.
- MAtter Board items seem to drop less often.

In addition, Bumped released some info as well (Source (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-test-615-through-6162012/))
[spoiler-box]During the Pre-Open and Open Beta you will not be able to purchase Arks Cash, so My Room and My Shop will be available to all players during this time.

While your premium set ticket is active, the FUN points you receive for logging in consecutively each day will increase.

Using the Aesthetics counter, the following features are free: Eye Pattern, Eye Color, Eyebrows, Eyebrow color, Eyelashes, Makeup Pattern 1&2.

You can level up your character to Level 30 in Open and Pre-Open Beta.

Planet Lillipa will be added along with new Robot type enemies and brand new Darkers.

Elemental attributes weaknesses were added to some enemies.

You can now obtain a mag at level 5 instead of 10.

Instead of Level 50, a mag can evolve to its second form at Level 30.

Food Device effectiveness has decreased.

During the Pre-Open Beta, a special quest will be added so you can gain access to the desert immediately. If you clear this quest you will receive the Bouquet Rifle at the Open Beta. The Bouquet Rifle can be equipped by all classes.

Hard mode is available for each quest if the character is level 20 or above. However, in order to access hard mode you must complete a specific client order.

The time limit, enemy levels, and PSE occurrence rate has been adjusted in the Emergency Quest (City).

Some new emergency trial variations were added.

The second matter board was added. The matter board completion screen will also be shown in
the camp ship after the quest results screen is shown.

You can accept client orders even if you do not use the Matter Board.

They will re-examine the locations of certain hard to find characters. (I assume that’s for the pink haired Newman.)

To reduce server load, there will be less chairs to sit on in the lobby.

The Item lab and Tekker shop has moved down a floor.

There have been changes to the structure of each class skill tree.

EXP FULL will be displayed when you kill an enemy and you are at the highest class level.

You will be notified on screen when the boost item effects wear off.

16 button gamepads are now supported and configurable.

A max frame rate function was added.

Virtual full screen mode selection.

Full screen mode resolution selection.

If you connect to PSO2 from a net cafe, you can receive net cafe points and use an exclusive shop.

Optimizations to make the game run lighter will be carried out if necessary after the official release.

For the Open Beta, they thought they could implement a video capturing mode, but this is now abandoned.[/spoiler-box]

Crysteon
Jun 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
- The AC Scratches have many more prizes, but are pretty damned expensive. Think the most expensive one was 5,000 AC. Yikes.

The 5k AC ticket is for 11 pre-paid tries in the AC Scratch Gold (clothes-only gacha).

Gardios
Jun 15, 2012, 09:36 AM
Character
- The Class Skill Trees were updated. Hopefully we'll get translations soon.

Unless someone beats me to the punch, I'll translate them - gotta finish this assignment first though... Most of the skills seem to retain their names from the CB anyway.

Vashyron
Jun 15, 2012, 09:36 AM
City Mission actually increases to Lv 15 at Block 2 + Ragne.

The Disc Shop was merged with Weapons and Tekker/Grind Moved to the old Disc Shop location. (Previous Tekker/Grind location is just closed.)

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 09:39 AM
Unless someone beats me to the punch, I'll translate them - gotta finish this assignment first though... Most of the skills seem to retain their names from the CB anyway.

I just wanted to let you know 'good luck; we're all counting on you'. Update first post with Cry and Vash's notes.

Wayu
Jun 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
Some other changes:

When you have a new client order available, the person'll usually contact you unless you get a ton at once. You'll then get a screen showing the location of the NPC.

The glyph appearance sound (the tablets that do events) has changed and they appear much more frequently.

Some things in the skill trees have been shifted around. Not so much NEW skill trees but edited ones.

The Desert level has floor spike traps that are pretty hard to see when the sandstorm picks up and does quite a bit of damage. They're like PSP2i's floor spike traps, where they protrude and retract in a pattern.

That's all for now. 5 minutes until it's down 'till tomorrow.

-Wayu

Demon-
Jun 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
Enemies seem to be alittle bit harder to kill and AI seems to be better too... maybe just me.
Some enemies have more than one weakness now.
No lag and not a disconnect the whole time!

kdrakari
Jun 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
In the collect objective of the desert mission you can hold E rather than mashing it.

Or well... Could and will be able to, present tense not so much.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
You can hold e, but from what I've heard it's the difference between 50 seconds to power up or 10.

kdrakari
Jun 15, 2012, 10:11 AM
Really? I would have assumed it was the other way around...

Anyways, I also noticed that the accuracy penalty for firing while moving (on applicable weapons) seems to be increased, while the base accuracy while standing still also seems to be increased. Not sure, but maybe others feel like that too?

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 10:12 AM
Felt rather alike to CB to me. Me moving = must be aiming cross-eyed.

Macman
Jun 15, 2012, 10:17 AM
I -think- they may have reduced the splash radius on launchers. I find myself not reaching as far as I used to with normal shots and Divine Launcher.

Hansha
Jun 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
Feels like PP regen is slower. Wind element weapons have a nice effect on hit. I think matter board has different rewards or I just couldnt find yellow sword.

Vashyron
Jun 15, 2012, 10:21 AM
Oh and another thing with the Urban Mission, time to complete lowered from 25 Mins in CBT to 20 Mins Now.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 10:21 AM
Added a Speculah section for things we observed but don't have hard info on. Must investigate further.

Spellbinder
Jun 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
Might have been my imagination, but they may have toned down technique effects. Didn't notice until a Japanese player brought it to my attention though.

FenixStryk
Jun 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
The Dash button doesn't force you to dash forward any more, even in TPS Mode. Double-tapping should be a thing of the past now...

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
City Mission actually increases to Lv 15 at Block 2 + Ragne.

The Disc Shop was merged with Weapons and Tekker/Grind Moved to the old Disc Shop location. (Previous Tekker/Grind location is just closed.)

Thanks, I was wondering where the disc shop went to..... oh well too late now, don't think I can log-in for tomorrow's session.

Mike
Jun 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
Weak Bullet cool-down is two minutes for the first level. Yeesh. I think it may last longer than it did during the closed beta though.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
Gigrants seems to hit like it would be expected to now- I noticed the hit sound playing 4-5 times per cast, and it looks like it matched up with the damage numbers. Was only the NPC using it, so not sure, and don't feel like getting it for myself tomorrow (assuming it's still a reward from that NPC!)

If this is the case, it may actually be useful!

Also noticed the one kid in the tutorial now uses Weak Bullet when he's with you on occasion. Considering how good the skill is...

Crystal_Shard
Jun 15, 2012, 10:55 AM
They've refined the timing and pacing of the animations and mini events. For example:

Everyone's favorite batshit insane Ranger Lisa is more animated and does a little wave after she's done speaking.
Maloo greets you with a good afternoon before she starts talking (at least I think this is new)
Jean also gets some comeuppance in his scene - your character basically facepalms during his long speech, then walks away while he's still rambling on.

Positions of some NPCs have changed. Xeno and that NPC that wanted you to witness lightning in the forest are now on the ground floor.

Otherwise, almost everything feels the same as the CBT.

redroses
Jun 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
They also changed the way females stand in the character creator.

ShadowsCrush
Jun 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
Feels like PP regen is slower. Wind element weapons have a nice effect on hit. I think matter board has different rewards or I just couldnt find yellow sword.

Matter board has definitely changed, all the high tier weapons seem to be gone, the sword, the gun, and the staff.

The quests themselves appear to have changed as well.
E-3 in particular does not seem to be just talking to Reda anymore, that's appears to have been moved to the 2nd yellow orb, assuming I remember who Reda was in CBT lol

There's really nothing of any legitimate value in the matterboard anymore, but maybe once you complete the first one the good stuff will show up in the next set of matterboard quests.

Zeota
Jun 15, 2012, 01:06 PM
The option to disable the swear filter is no more. ;_;

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
Back from my had-nothing-to-do-with-wakig-up-at-4-am coma to update. Never mind previous edits, I'll wait for clean images of the new skill tree setups.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
Back from my had-nothing-to-do-with-wakig-up-at-4-am coma to update. Also, we already got all the skill tree stuff done. Redirect in OP.

Those trees are outdated. Some stuff you can just match icons for, but a number of things you can't as much.

The force tree now looks vastly different, for one.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 02:30 PM
Right, sorry, jumped the gun a bit~

Miyoko
Jun 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
The Dash button doesn't force you to dash forward any more, even in TPS Mode. Double-tapping should be a thing of the past now...

Yaaaaaaay! I didn't notice that!

Now, we just need to be able to turn off double tap D:

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 02:38 PM
What, you don't like trying to edge yourself into position only to suddenly dodge right off of your spot and off a cliff?

Miyoko
Jun 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
What, you don't like trying to edge yourself into position only to suddenly dodge right off of your spot and off a cliff?

Double tap to dodge has screwed me over far, far more times than it has ever helped me :(

Scotty T
Jun 15, 2012, 04:06 PM
Nobody mentioned we can actually "sit" on the chairs in the ship?

Mike
Jun 15, 2012, 08:47 PM
Nobody mentioned we can actually "sit" on the chairs in the ship?
And speaking of chairs, there are a whole lot less of them now.

ShadowsCrush
Jun 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
You could sit on the chairs before...or at least I could lol
Idk which ones you're referring to, but there were definitely chairs/benches you could sit on before.

Mike
Jun 15, 2012, 09:00 PM
You could sit on the chairs before...or at least I could lol
Idk which ones you're referring to, but there were definitely chairs/benches you could sit on before.
In functioning chairs were removed from the closed beta to see if that fixed the major lag that plauged it. The objects were still there but you weren't actually able to sit on them for most of the time.

Wayu
Jun 15, 2012, 09:26 PM
Some quest things have changed.

Mag License quest is now available at level 5. Instead of 2 Rockbear Horns it's ten Fongalf...uh, somethings, forgot. ^^;

Matterboard items seem to appear much less often.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Jun 15, 2012, 09:34 PM
Matterboard items seem to appear much less often.

-Wayu

This,

I never finished my first Matter Board quest.

DESERT CHANGES FROM DAY AND NIGHT! Not sure if forest does too, I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Am I the only one that thinks that's awesome? (PSU neeeeeeded this imo.)

But I digress...

Also, not sure if this was brought up yet... and I've already typed this far so I'm not checking the past three pages: But they already announced everything they changed a while ago, and Ric covered it..

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-test-615-through-6162012/
[spoiler-box]
During the Pre-Open and Open Beta you will not be able to purchase Arks Cash, so My Room and My Shop will be available to all players during this time.

While your premium set ticket is active, the FUN points you receive for logging in consecutively each day will increase.

Using the Aesthetics counter, the following features are free: Eye Pattern, Eye Color, Eyebrows, Eyebrow color, Eyelashes, Makeup Pattern 1&2.

You can level up your character to Level 30 in Open and Pre-Open Beta.

Planet Lillipa will be added along with new Robot type enemies and brand new Darkers.

Elemental attributes weaknesses were added to some enemies.

You can now obtain a mag at level 5 instead of 10.

Instead of Level 50, a mag can evolve to its second form at Level 30.

Food Device effectiveness has decreased.

During the Pre-Open Beta, a special quest will be added so you can gain access to the desert immediately. If you clear this quest you will receive the Bouquet Rifle at the Open Beta. The

Bouquet Rifle can be equipped by all classes.

Hard mode is available for each quest if the character is level 20 or above. However, in order to access hard mode you must complete a specific client order.

The time limit, enemy levels, and PSE occurrence rate has been adjusted in the Emergency Quest (City).

Some new emergency trial variations were added.

The second matter board was added. The matter board completion screen will also be shown in
the camp ship after the quest results screen is shown.

You can accept client orders even if you do not use the Matter Board.

They will re-examine the locations of certain hard to find characters. (I assume that’s for the pink haired Newman.)

To reduce server load, there will be less chairs to sit on in the lobby.

The Item lab and Tekker shop has moved down a floor.

There have been changes to the structure of each class skill tree.

EXP FULL will be displayed when you kill an enemy and you are at the highest class level.

You will be notified on screen when the boost item effects wear off.

16 button gamepads are now supported and configurable.

A max frame rate function was added.

Virtual full screen mode selection.

Full screen mode resolution selection.

If you connect to PSO2 from a net cafe, you can receive net cafe points and use an exclusive shop.

Optimizations to make the game run lighter will be carried out if necessary after the official release.

For the Open Beta, they thought they could implement a video capturing mode, but this is now abandoned.[/spoiler-box]

Wayu
Jun 15, 2012, 09:37 PM
Oh, Bouquet Rifle by all classes? I finally won't have to use a freaking Gunslash as my ranged option. \o/

-Wayu

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 09:42 PM
If'n you don't mind, I'll borrow that for the first post.

I remember wondering what the N on one of the sale screens was for. I think that might actually be what the new shop attendant next to the recycler was for.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 10:02 PM
Oh, Bouquet Rifle by all classes? I finally won't have to use a freaking Gunslash as my ranged option. \o/

-Wayu

HOLY RAY!

Reia
Jun 15, 2012, 10:24 PM
Weak Bullet cool-down is two minutes for the first level. Yeesh. I think it may last longer than it did during the closed beta though.

As for my progress, I didn't ALLOUTRUSH but neither I stop goofing around lobbies, reached LV11 in 4 hours (since the first hour my ISP died). Which I'm also observing the major changes from CBT > OBT. I'm more concerned about that.

Oh some discovery, I tested the weak bullet and it do way more damage than before (Disregarding the 120 seconds cooldown). While before weak tagged targets I could do normally 11-12 damage in the CBT weak bullet made me do 36-37, but now in the OBT that can be performed to 47-49.

Even while I'm playing with all the hype I don't think I will reach LV30 in 10 hours. I'll leave that for the OBT and of course with patience, I'm more concerned on clearing the content than leveling rush. Which btw won't hurt you since now regular enemies drop grinders and synthethizers oftenly (7 Synthethizers in 4 hours and 17 grinders from Nabellius monsters and Lillipa's monster, mostly planet local enemies and less chances on darkers).

I request to fellow ranger to check if Weak Bullet can do more than 300% damage boost with this skill move, I think they buffed the damage to compensate the cooldown.

I have confirmed that the Grinder and Synthethizers aren't as rare as during the CBT. This might be for the sake of testing or maybe they want to support the market and meseta sink. For being more accessible choices for players to go premiun (Sell to get more meseta).

Wayu
Jun 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
You mean Last Swan/Master Raven. ^^

-Wayu

kdrakari
Jun 15, 2012, 10:27 PM

-Wayu

I think what it means is, Bouquet Rifle IS a gunslash.

Blackheart521
Jun 15, 2012, 10:34 PM
I think what it means is, Bouquet Rifle IS a gunslash.

nah, bouquet rifle is a rifle, it can be used by any class but only rangers can use PAs with it

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 10:36 PM
You mean Last Swan/Master Raven. ^^

-Wayu

Never got those. Don't recall if they have rifle range, which is why I loved Inferno Bazooka and then Holy Ray.

Reia
Jun 15, 2012, 10:53 PM
They got it wrong, it has the accuracy, power and range of a handgun with the firing burst of a mechgun, if there weren't high hit Vulcans, then that weapon would had replaced any mech pair because of it's DPS/range.