PDA

View Full Version : How far you reach so far in Day1?

skuld01
Jun 15, 2012, 10:18 AM
in this 5 hours gameplay I got my ranger to lvl10.

Rockbear killed, Echo partner card get.

Chapter 1 story done, got 2nd matterboard.

That's all.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 10:18 AM
I stopped at 4 hours at level 7. Enough to do desert a few times.

Thermalwolf
Jun 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
Level 6. I passed out half way through the beta only to catch the last 30 minutes trololol

HFlowen
Jun 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
Hunter 8, did the desert thing, got a mag, and derped around trying to figure out what all the menus do/mean.

DemonMike
Jun 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
Level 10, only did one matter board quest but got up to caves with a mag with all my team mates!

Macman
I stopped after doing forest quests until level 5, then clearing the desert quest. Not feeling the commitment this time around knowing it's only 2 days away until a wipe.

Blackheart521
did one run in the forest after completing the desert then did some more desert runs then danced like hell, not even bothering with the matterboard till the full on OBT, I want SOME stuff to be new to me in it ^^;

CJ Johnny
Jun 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
Did what is needs to be done for the 'Rifles'.

Now it is at LV8.

Correct me If i am wrong.
5 more hours of game time. SEGA with delete the DATA.

Is there need for more!

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
3 hours of play. S ranked the desert mission. Looked at new skill trees. Noticed Gigrants seems to hit properly now (4-5 hits. Hard to be sure with NPC). Hit level 7.

Resanoca
Jun 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
Level 6. I passed out half way through the beta only to catch the last 30 minutes trololol

Lol I saw you in my party at the end. :|

Zyrusticae
Jun 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
Level 0.

Never got to log in.

Not that I care, nothing matters until the actual OBT starts anyways. Just wish it was this week and not the next...

serenade
Jun 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
level 9 hunter and level 4 ranger.

got my mag and completed all of the missions (except the emergency mission).

NoiseHERO
Jun 15, 2012, 10:39 AM
I just played enough to get my gun...

I probably won't even log in tomorrow, like zyru said, just want the real obt.

(Still dunno why everyone's getting worked up over this one @_@)

Gama
Jun 15, 2012, 10:39 AM
i was able to feel lost in the shop area :)

also got to lvl 6 :o no mag tho XD loving this game!

MoonlightMyau
Jun 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
Think I only got to about Level 4 :D. I was very aware that after tomorrow the information would be wiped anyway, so i wasn't trying to level as such. I "wasted" a lot of time fiddling with the settings & trying to figure out the menus. Perhaps it's because it's all in Japanese but the menus seem a bit clunky to me, it was the only thing I didn't like.

level 9 hunter and level 4 ranger.

got my mag and completed all of the missions (except the emergency mission).

Where does one get a mag?

Dark Renegade
Jun 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
got around lv 4 (due to error 12030) i was able to do 2 hours

HFlowen
Jun 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
The white haired lady in the far rightmost of the quest counter gives you a mission to collect 10 fangs(?) from those big red wolves in the forest. You get a mag after completion.

Chaosie
Jun 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
I was able to hit level 9 with a hunter~

I probably could have made 10 but I literally got caught up in character creation for at least the first hour XD:

I decided at last minute that I didn't want to repeat my CBT character >_>

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
Think I only got to about Level 4 :D. I was very aware that after tomorrow the information would be wiped anyway, so i wasn't trying to level as such. I "wasted" a lot of time fiddling with the settings & trying to figure out the menus. Perhaps it's because it's all in Japanese but the menus seem a bit clunky to me, it was the only thing I didn't like.

Where does one get a mag?

You have to complete a specific client request. On the right side, there's two people behind the quest counter. One is the normal quest person. The other gives client requests that unlock various things. Basically, any time you see she has one, do it.

The white haired lady in the far rightmost of the quest counter gives you a mission to collect 10 fangs(?) from those big red wolves in the forest. You get a mag after completion.

Ah, that makes it much easier to get. Probably best to run the second forest mission then, as it ends with a Code: Attack against those things (2 solo, almost certainly more in a group, so just carve em up with some other people)

MoonlightMyau
Jun 15, 2012, 10:50 AM

You have to complete a specific client request. On the right side, there's two people behind the quest counter. One is the normal quest person. The other gives client requests that unlock various things. Basically, any time you see she has one, do it.

Ah, that makes it much easier to get. Probably best to run the second forest mission then, as it ends with a Code: Attack against those things (2 solo, almost certainly more in a group, so just carve em up with some other people)

Thanks for the information. I wish I had realised beforehand, would have saved me a lot of menu fiddling :D.

DemonMike
Jun 15, 2012, 10:51 AM

I recommend the 4th forest quest, the Nab Rappy one. They appear frequently in the multiparty area and respawn after a couple of minutes of walking around.

HFlowen
Jun 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
Oh, also, you don't need to be level 10 to get a mag. Not sure if there is a cutoff, although I was told you need to be at least level 5.

FenixStryk
Jun 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
Level 10, cleared the Desert mission a few times, cleared Dark Ragne's Emergency mission with a Lv.5/6/6/7 party, then worked on Matter Boards to unlock Forest Exploration (didn't finish). Took a 170 damage Rod to +8 for 234 damage total.

Overall, a great morning.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 10:54 AM
Oh, also, you don't need to be level 10 to get a mag. Not sure if there is a cutoff, although I was told you need to be at least level 5.

It used to be level 10 in the CB, with the quest being for rockbear loot.

SStrikerR
Jun 15, 2012, 10:55 AM
Played for like 2 and a half hours, hit level 5. Im not really familiar with anything else so I just ran missions with people and got used to combat.
It took me a good half hour to figure out how to chat with people.

I CAN'T READ JAPANESE

Ifrian-x
Jun 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
Got confused with the time schedules and missed it D:

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
well not very far. i really lack motive seeing its all going to waste. i did do the first 3 missions i hit lvl 6 and i did the dessert solo about 5 times and once with dragwind and big olaf which was pretty sweet might i add we also ran into the boss i will prob post that up sometime

kdrakari
Jun 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
Played 3 hours straight after making sure my character was all set (Loading from the character creator rather than making it anew saved some good time) but took an hour break for Breakfast (A donut and an energy drink, but I also did some other things during that time) and came back for the last hour. I think I only made level 8

bryanbtje
Jun 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
Player for 0 minutes cuz the game didn't let me in ;_;

zelda_king3
Jun 15, 2012, 11:55 AM
Played for the full five hours. Reached level 12 on my Fonewearl.

kudo
Jun 15, 2012, 11:59 AM
Got my RAseal to 7 and finished the desert on it. I partied with a japanese PUG who I found really friendly despite the language barrier. And brought my HUmarl to 4 without doing the desert.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
Level 2 :( I had to go to work today.

CyberNei
Jun 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
Level 2 :( I had to go to work today.
Same :'3
When i came back from work it was 20 minutes till the end.

CapitalG
Jun 15, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cleared the Tutorial! Is that good?

Sp-24
Jun 15, 2012, 12:17 PM
I've played two missions, got to level 5, got kidnapped by some black hole during a desert run and just had fun in general. It was great.

Kraiseson
Jun 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
WAIT SO ITS FUCKEN OVER ALREADY?

I JUST GOT OFF WORK WTF

Zeota
Jun 15, 2012, 01:22 PM
Level 4. Most of that time was spent taking noting of any changes from CBT, plus a few interruptions here and there (none of which were caused by the game though).

LatinWolf
Jun 15, 2012, 01:30 PM
I got to lvl8, completed the Desert Mission after a few tries. Had fun, didn't make it very far in the Matterboard. How do you complete the 2nd objective?

Ryo
Jun 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
Got to lvl 6, failed the desert mission, went to work, logged back in from work, met up with Olaf and Blackheart and completed desert mission.

Tried to help someone else through desert, but ran out of time.

moeri
Jun 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
Player the entire time...

only got to level 4

I spent most of my time looking for some fabled vendor that would let me change my characters voice, but never found it

Jk_Alentejano
Jun 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
Hi guys! Well, all week waiting to try out the game and i forgot... so who here play in Europe that can tell me what time the servers will be back online, in your country?

kaito40
Jun 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
lvl 2, i just played 30 mins lol

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
got to level 4 done the desert mission "i think" took comp to work and had to serve customers during lol great fun tho cant wait till tomorrow

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 15, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hi guys! Well, all week waiting to try out the game and i forgot... so who here play in Europe that can tell me what time the servers will be back online, in your country?

11am to 4pm in the UK hope that helps :)

Thrane
Jun 15, 2012, 02:09 PM
Got to level 5 on Force. Deleted it. Loaded my RAcast and hit level 3 and managed to complete desert mission 2 minutes before servers went down! :D

pikachief
Jun 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
level 4. Didn't finish the Desert level. My game kept crashing at specific points but I couldn't tell what caused it cuz well... my game would crash. The second time it happened my screen turned black and my laptop froze. i think its those PSE event things. My graphics card is lame and I think it popping up makes it go all wonky.

If that's true that is very very sad news for me.

Jk_Alentejano
Jun 15, 2012, 02:49 PM
11am to 4pm in the UK hope that helps :)

Thanks man! Was just to be sure, i live in Portugal so it's the same time;-) , I just thought it would last until 5pm, so when i tried to login at 4:30pm i could not play i presumed my calculations about the time where wrong.

Thrilla2k10
Jun 15, 2012, 03:03 PM
I got to about level 3 but after that I kind of had trouble with the language barrier. I know the basic tranlsation from the PSO2 Blog guide but other than that I have no clue what anything is.

For those of you who are level 10 how do you guys know what you are doing in terms of navigating menus/characters screens..etc? (assuming you're not all japanese lol)

KayinKento
Jun 15, 2012, 03:05 PM
Got to level 2, and I'm hating myself now because I stop studying Japanese for 1 year, now I don't even know basic hiragana/katakana.
I was under the impression that the pre-ob would last from 6:00 JST June 15 to 24:00 JST June 16. Shows you what happens when you don't read.

Well now that I know its only 5 hours, I'm going to bed early today, wake up and update at 5am, then play the full 5 hours. I usually take my time lvling since I'm not a grinder type, but since our characters aren't kept, wouldn't matter if I grind or not hehe.

Zina1024
Jun 17, 2012, 02:27 PM
I got to level 7 force, would have gotten higher but between controller issue and the fact i had no clue what i was doing most of the time lol. Can't wait until the 21.

moorebounce
Jun 17, 2012, 02:44 PM
Heck I didn't do really much but kill. I didn't start doing any client orders and matter board stuff until the second day.

FenixStryk
Jun 17, 2012, 02:58 PM
Level 10, cleared the Desert mission a few times, cleared Dark Ragne's Emergency mission with a Lv.5/6/6/7 party, then worked on Matter Boards to unlock Forest Exploration (didn't finish). Took a 170 damage Rod to +8 for 234 damage total.

Overall, a great morning.Not exactly Day 1, but by the end of POBT I was Level 14 with a +10 255 TATK Rod. Didn't quite make it to the actual Desert zone (although two of my teammates did, a Lv.17/15 duo), but I downed all of the old bosses.

The 21st is creeping closer. Expect me to force my way up to the top. :wacko:

AlMcFly
Jun 17, 2012, 03:10 PM
I reached level 6 I think, did a few Desert runs, danced in the lobby and chatted. I had come back from a night of drinking so I passed the fug out about 5 hours into it. :D

Vylera
Jun 17, 2012, 03:38 PM
Level 10 w/some friends. Didn't play any tests before hand, so I also spent some time figuring out menus and game mechanics.

Dragwind
Jun 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
I think I got one character to 8, and another to 4 on a buddy's account. I didn't spend too much time on pre-open due to extreme exhaustion and lack of sleep. I liked the improvements thus far though, and I'm eagerly anticipating open beta.