PDA

View Full Version : Pre-OB Lag Reports

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 10:39 AM
Since the whole point of this "Pre-Open Beta" was to test server stability, I feel that it's imperative to check in with people about how much lag they received over the course of the test(s). So, post up your lag reports here.

I only received very brief lag-spikes about twice, maybe three times throughout the first 5-hour testing phase. Whatever hardware issues SEGA fixed and/or changed, it looks promising to me thus far.

Did anyone else suffer anything more severe?

HFlowen
Jun 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
I got a good lag spike around hour 4 with another person doing a forest mission, that was the only issue I ran into.

Resanoca
Jun 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
I had two 5(give or take) second lag spikes towards the end. That was it.

Mike
Jun 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
Nothing like before. No "630 Online" this time around.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
At worst, there were times when my video card stopped for a second or two, but that may be more about my hardware than server issues. A little bit of lag in the field, where party members would start to attack things that hadn't even shown on my screen, but not much of a delay and pretty normal an occurrence. In the lobbies it was much better, though only seeing the nearest half-dozen players' character models makes me sad.

Hansha
I had about two lag spikes but that was about it. Everything else was flawless. I noticed the desert map had purple and blue enemy markers on the map (like for a code attack) but there was nothing there.

Chaosie
Lag was sporadic. During the last hour of the test was the most noticable as the party I was in was hit by probably 5 really intense spikes.

Other than that, there was typical "not quite synced"ness going on and some small rubberbanding of my party members. In general though, nothing to complain about that I haven't seen in any other game I've played.

Crystal_Shard
Jun 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
No lag spikes, but just a little bit of slowdown in the lobby areas, especially whenever there was an impromptu mass dance party. Otherwise, I think we're on track for the OBT according to schedule.

Scotty T
Jun 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
Only got 2 lag spikes close to eachother in forest, between 3-4 hours iirc.

Thermalwolf
Given most of us are US players playing on JP servers, I think the lag control was great! I'm sure the Japanese players were getting great connections. People who experienced bad lag here in the USA, is probably more towards the distance and not the actual server :)

NoiseHERO
I never lagged at all...

Also seems they removed/toned down motion blur...(on default settings)

So the game doesn't hurt my eyes as much, but.. I actually LIKED the motion blur. D:

DemonMike
Jun 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
Got 3 lag spikes, one gave me an error 630 but that was probably an error on my end.

Still, it performed pretty damn good!

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
I had absolutely no lag. Of course I'm playing from Japan though.

Macman
Jun 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
No spikes at all in terms of damage numbers popping up and items being grabbed. Some slight warping around from other players.

SStrikerR
Jun 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
2 lag spikes fairly close to each other with an hour or so to go, but that was it.

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
the only time i lagged were when i was loading and recording and at the very end when we were all in the lobby other than that it was pretty smooth

Macman
Jun 15, 2012, 11:05 AM
People, we're talking about network lag, not your computer struggling to keep an even framerate...

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
People, we're talking about network lag, not your computer struggling to keep an even framerate...

well excuse me. correction on my part then i had none

Para
Jun 15, 2012, 11:11 AM
Played for 1 hr. Did not have problems.

Thermalwolf
Jun 15, 2012, 11:19 AM
Is there anyway to boost a connection to Japan without physically moving closer? Like something I could possibly adjust in my computer and the way it connects to these servers.

MasterSpark
Jun 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
My client stopped responding for a few seconds when I was in the loading tube between areas. Other than that, not much to complain about.

Zeota
Jun 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
Had maybe a handful, though they mostly happened while changing blocks. Other than that, pretty smooth.

zelda_king3
Jun 15, 2012, 11:34 AM
Only received two lag spikes which lasted for a couple of seconds throughout the five hour test.

I didn't get any disconnections or errors either.

Spellbinder
Jun 15, 2012, 11:37 AM
My client stopped responding for a few seconds when I was in the loading tube between areas. Other than that, not much to complain about.

My client does that every time and I have no idea why. No lag though.

Quatre52
Jun 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
Ran perfect for me, tho I only caught the last hour of the test. Will try to catch more tomorrow.

*edit*
Really...this will be my 100th post on this account? ...lol.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
Had one major lag spike for about 15 seconds in mission+^_^+ everything stopped then everything died when it started again (i never stopped shooting) i wanna say it happened about 9 am cst? +^_^+

Thrane
Jun 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
I had a few small spikes during the desert mission in the very dusty parts. Other than that no issues to report.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 15, 2012, 05:34 PM
Haven't really experienced any lag except the very start like first few minutes, other than that the only thing that lags me is when I switch to full screen mode instead of window mode, does anyone have any idea why that is? I thought it would be the other way around and I would lag a lot less in full screen.

Dan Maku
Jun 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
I was on during the latter-ish half of the pre-open beta today. I didn't experience any noticeable lag.

Reia
Jun 15, 2012, 05:46 PM
My only Lag spikes and 2 630s were My ISP's fault, the server is working PERFECTLY!

FenixStryk
Jun 15, 2012, 05:49 PM
Outside of having trouble getting past the login screen during the first five minutes, I had absolutely no issues. No disconnects, no lag, no unusual behavior. Seems like all systems are go!

Soul Guardian
Jun 15, 2012, 06:52 PM
Had one occasion of an enemy a party member was fighting not being visible, but nothing else notable. Even the lobby ran totally lag free.

Aeris
Jun 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Rarely any lag for me, seems way better then CB was for latency, did had a few lag spikes here and there but other than that, was playing normally without any issues.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 07:18 PM
A little lag here and there, making me double back to grab an item, or hits taking a second to register. All brief, all easily ignored.

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
So, all in all, it seems that the lag control is eons better this time around. That's wonderful; hopefully SEGA deems the results so far as worthy enough to start the Open Beta this upcoming week or so. I guess we'll find out from Sakai n' friends if that's the case on Monday or whenever.

Lumir
Jun 15, 2012, 07:35 PM
Only 1 instance of lag during play. And it cleaned itself up pretty fast.

Peejay
Jun 15, 2012, 07:42 PM
I have problems with desyncing constantly. They're trying to redo netcode in this one and I think it made it worse, because monsters, not players, are constantly teleporting for me.

They did introduce a new gimmick where if you push a player enough, they'll eventually run back to where the server believes they are.

Aeris
Jun 15, 2012, 07:52 PM
I have problems with desyncing constantly. They're trying to redo netcode in this one and I think it made it worse, because monsters, not players, are constantly teleporting for me.

They did introduce a new gimmick where if you push a player enough, they'll eventually run back to where the server believes they are.

The push player gimmick has been around in CB and probably Alpha, used to play around with that for a moment.

Peejay
Jun 15, 2012, 07:54 PM
The push player gimmick has been around in CB and probably Alpha, used to play around with that for a moment.

Yeah, but you can't just infinitely push people anymore. You could in CB.

Demon-
Jun 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah I didn't lag at all and no disconnections. Way better than CBT.

Aeris
Jun 15, 2012, 08:25 PM
Used to take like 2 secs after shooting boxes to open them but it only takes like a half of a sec or less to open them now is something else i noticed.

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 10:27 PM
Ah, yes. I forgot to address that. The server latency for foreign connections also seems improved. As Aeris said, damage and hit detection take a fraction of the time that they did before (which still wasn't a lot anyway, but still). Wonder if that's a side-effect of the changes SEGA made, or if they actually give enough of a crap about non-JP players.

Dragwind
Jun 16, 2012, 04:29 AM
I had virtually NO lag, which is amazing considering how far away I am from the server.

Drifting Fable
Jun 16, 2012, 04:32 AM
Yep pretty much the same as everyone else, two lag spikes at the end and mostly a smooth game.

I think SEGA's done a good job.

Zaix
Jun 16, 2012, 04:33 AM
I had computer problems yesterday but no Lag for the hour or so I managed to play.