PDA

View Full Version : Plans for tomorrow?

Thermalwolf
Jun 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
So guys and girls we got 1 more morning of PSO2 to dominate, what are we gonna do to make the most of this? So far there's the panorama before the end of the test, and that seems to be it.

I personally feel like recording my five hour play through tomorrow and making a video like the one just released, but I would like some people to submit some gameplay to me as well if you can.

This is kind of like "IT" for testing PSO2 and then she's off to open beta and then following that full release and if I'm correct Open Beta characters will carry over so you might as well say open beta is the release. BUT I COULD BE WRONG! But if I'm right I wanna end this test with a bang and have tons of fun and meet lots of people.

I'm also considering setting up like a 250 slot voice server (Not vent can't host it on my own server without a license) for tomorrow and section it by Ship 2 and Block 20/21 with party areas locked to 4 people at a time or more if desired I guess. It would just be super fun and interesting to do this, PLUS, it would helps others learn how to navigate the game since someone can now talk you through the menu more fluidly instead of typing. Though this is to be 100% but if done I think would be UBERRR fun for five hours :) The whole point would be to simulate a lobby like in PSOX, oh you all know you loved the PSOX voice lobby!!!!!!!

Feel free to post your ideas, we got one more day, lets make it count!

doomdragon83
Jun 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
Play the game.

The patch finished about an hour after I made this post. I probably won't be able to do much considering the menus will be in Japanese, I'll try to do that mission for the item that's being rewarded, other than that, I'll simply take my time getting used to the controls and navigating. I also have to see what settings I can use to play this on since my vid card is a mere HD4670 which may get replaced very soon if I'm not satisfied with how the game runs. I'll save any big, important things in game for when the game gets released or at least during OB.

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
if everything continues to go well in regards to SEGA's hardware, we'll have infinite more days (well, not quite 'infinite', but y'know).

Home Dog
Jun 15, 2012, 11:46 AM
Tomorrow I will record some videos and just play the game as much as I can!

Akaimizu
Jun 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
I actually went through the steps to get my Sega account and such, however, I'm a bit unsure what to do after that. Is this playtime open to anyone who did the Sega JP account opening through their site, or is this still only open to closed Beta Participants? Just asking since it says Pre-open Beta.

Thermalwolf
Jun 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
I actually went through the steps to get my Sega account and such, however, I'm a bit unsure what to do after that. Is this playtime open to anyone who did the Sega JP account opening through their site, or is this still only open to closed Beta Participants? Just asking since it says Pre-open Beta.

It's Pre-Open Beta because SEGA didn't properly configure there hardware during the Closed Beta so what they are doing is testing there proper configuration during two five hour stress tests open to anyone who wants to enter. If you have your SEGA ID all you have to do now is register it and you can join in tomorrow morning for the last test, after that if all goes well, which today for ALMOST everyone went amazingly smooth, we should see a straight transition into Open Beta, either way, the game is open to all now.

Also yeah I know I might be a bit over excited but think about it, this a legendary title truly brought back, and in a good way which is extremely rare O.o I just wanna maximize the nostalgia :P

HFlowen
Jun 15, 2012, 12:18 PM
Took care of all the important things on today's session. Just gonna dick around tomorrow, feed my mag, etc.

skuld01
Jun 15, 2012, 12:36 PM
Just dont put too many effort on it. Since it will got wiped.

But sure it will be fun for the coming day.

Dan Maku
Jun 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sleep. I got up earlier than I normally would to get in on the pre-open beta and beat the Desert mission so I could get the Bouquet Gun. I think I deserve the rest.

LatinWolf
Jun 15, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm gonna play missions and just enjoy the game. If anyone wants to work together I'm down; just hit me up. Alreun Ship02 Block20ish

psophreak
Jun 15, 2012, 02:15 PM
I was patching for the entire length of the pre-open beta, so I will be playing for the first time! :P

RemChu
Jun 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
Play the game.

Seriously, this patch does not want to be complete, still getting errors (103).

Yeah I'm waiting on this patcher still. 8-)

I plan on doing that desert mission so I can get the rose gun in OB.

moorebounce
Jun 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
I gonna play until the end and try to get in the big photo op. We had blocks 20 and 21 completely filled. Does anybody know how many players can be on a block at one time?

I started to remember some of the menus but it's gonna be hard w/o it being in english. I sure hope Sega makes PSO2 a global release so we can have translated menus.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
Well, if I don't go anywhere tomorrow, I might log on just to look around and see what else was changed. Too busy rushing this morning to get the desert mission done to stop and smell the space roses.

Akaimizu
Jun 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
It's Pre-Open Beta because SEGA didn't properly configure there hardware during the Closed Beta so what they are doing is testing there proper configuration during two five hour stress tests open to anyone who wants to enter. If you have your SEGA ID all you have to do now is register it and you can join in tomorrow morning for the last test, after that if all goes well, which today for ALMOST everyone went amazingly smooth, we should see a straight transition into Open Beta, either way, the game is open to all now.

Also yeah I know I might be a bit over excited but think about it, this a legendary title truly brought back, and in a good way which is extremely rare O.o I just wanna maximize the nostalgia :P

Thanks. Where should I download the client in preparation for it? I know I have the space for it. But I want to be able to complete the install and patch so i can start running it this evening.

KayinKento
Jun 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
Now that I -gasp- did some reading, I found out which server all the Eng players are. It was cool playing with the Japanese players, but man its so depressing not knowing the language. Gotta find a Japanese class to take locally. (._.);

Actually, I was wondering will Sega ban you for playing PSO2 even though you're not in Japan? I know a few MMOs that would ban non-Japan players for speaking english. It was funny cause this was on Flyff and I knew...a bit of Japanese then and a random GM stopped by and asked am I a Japanese resident. Thank goodness for vague Japanese and Engrish, "It cool bro! I just practise eng! wwww"

Thermalwolf
Jun 15, 2012, 03:57 PM
Now that I -gasp- did some reading, I found out which server all the Eng players are. It was cool playing with the Japanese players, but man its so depressing not knowing the language. Gotta find a Japanese class to take locally. (._.);

Actually, I was wondering will Sega ban you for playing PSO2 even though you're not in Japan? I know a few MMOs that would ban non-Japan players for speaking english. It was funny cause this was on Flyff and I knew...a bit of Japanese then and a random GM stopped by and asked am I a Japanese resident. Thank goodness for vague Japanese and Engrish, "It cool bro! I just practise eng! wwww"

I too am wondering about this. I mean so far it seems like Sega has had no problem with us populating there server as I'm sure they see exactly which regions are connecting and not to mention we all were freely chatting in english on Ship 2 so who knows. If they had a problem I'm sure we would know by now, or they could just wait to be dicks, get your money, then ban you ^^ Classic

KayinKento
Jun 15, 2012, 04:27 PM
...or they could just wait to be dicks, get your money, then ban you ^^ Classic

-sigh- I honestly want to work for Sega for a year to...well obviously do what I can as an employee to make the company better, but also to analyze and try to comprehend wtf they are thinking. A company that makes great/long lasting games with such a huge fan base shouldn't be messing up this much. And its not like its that hard, just...listen to your fans.

Hell if they decided to announce saying they were in need of translators from JP to whatever language with a special item given to those translators. I bet they'd get hundreds to translate this game. It cost them $0, would be done a week to a month, no stress no fuss.

Bah, enough ranting. Gonna get back to these Kana flashcards =P

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 07:30 PM
I think I'm going to join the skipping tomorrow camp. Too early to get up on a Saturday and it's wiped anyways.

masoncoram
Jun 15, 2012, 07:44 PM

I tried using a translator that worked with the character creator, but it screwed up my game when I used it with the beta. I was able to read some of the kana, which sounds like it would be said in english. I learned the kana (and starting to learn kanji) through memrise.com which helps a lot actually. I recommend it if trying to learn japanese.

I also used japanese-online.com for some sentence structure, but got confused and moved back to memrise. Learning the alphabet alone helps a ton, since half of the text is not kanji. Good luck on language learning adventure!

Akaimizu
Jun 15, 2012, 08:15 PM
Ok. Looks like I'm good to go on the client. I'll try to look up here in joining in tomorrow.