PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have translations for the in-game menus?

oifjustus
Jun 15, 2012, 04:01 PM
Theres alot of drop tabs that weren't really doing much. Links to any guides would be appreciated. Hoping tomorrow I can enjoy the game more without getting frustrated.

FrostNova
Jun 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#quick

TastefulAvenger
Jun 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
Ya i feel ya i loved the game and it brings up alot of nostalgia from psu-pso but playing it with Japanese menu's for the first time is a bit frustrating, combat is easy to go through but everything else is a hassle like making parties, setting up rooms at the mission counter, doing quest etc...
I heard they were working on a official english option though for OB but im not sure ^.^

moorebounce
Jun 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#quick

Thats good but only tell you your first choice. After that you're on your own. If Sega isn't gonna give us translated menus we need something better.

I heard they were working on a official english option though for OB but im not sure ^.^

I sure hope so. I'm doing okay from memory but its sucks when you're dealing with freinds or making parties.

Maybe we can look through all the videos with translated menus and work a guide up from that.

Lintor
Jun 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
The config ini file has option for language and locale.
Optimism here.

Learn Katakana, that'll solve 90% of menus and items. its just phonetic nouns and foreign words (to them)

moorebounce
Jun 15, 2012, 04:52 PM
Optimism here.

Learn Katakana, that'll solve 90% of menus and items. its just phonetic nouns and foreign words (to them)

Actually thats what Sega wants us to do. I mean it's payback for making them learn english to deal with the U.S. If I have to I'll used guides instead of learning Katakana. We need to all learn spanish before we learn anything else.

Kinaya
Jun 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
Optimism here.

katakana? why not hiragana? >.< my katakana is even more worse than my hiragana lol

Lintor
Jun 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Actually thats what Sega wants us to do. I mean it's payback for making them learn english to deal with the U.S. If I have to I'll used guides instead of learning Katakana. We need to all learn spanish before we learn anything else.

Oh, it was just a comment on how 90% of a video game, aside from ingrained knowledge of GUI from every other game, can be deciphered by someone with only a semester of Japanese. Menus anyways, I still can't figure out all the quests. No shame in using a guide.

I would never ACTUALLY expect someone to learn a language just for a game, unless you're into that sorta thing.

I personally wouldn't object to everyone learning English, not as an elitist, just considering whats already in place.

katakana? why not hiragana? >.< my katakana is even more worse than my hiragana lol

Because games are mostly Katakana, as menu options and item names aren't Japanese in origin.
All the hiragana I've used is よろ/yoroshiku, and おつ/otsukaresama

It sucks because in class katakana was useless till like the 3rd semester, long after you forgot it.