PDA

View Full Version : Races and Classes

imrevned
Jun 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
So are the races meant for a certain class? Like.. I know that the simple version is that Cast are gun oriented, Newman are Force and Human's are all around (correct me if I am wrong). What I am getting at is, is there a certain combination I should do if I am going to be a Hunter. Does the type of weapon you use matter? Like.. wired lance, two-handed sword, etc.?

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 06:14 PM
The classes and races have all been balanced so that, generally speaking, at higher levels the difference between, say, a HUmar and a HUnewm would be 50 points at most in any field. Also, the inclusion of cross-class weapons will let you profit from having high marks in other fields. Minmaxing is completely unnecessary, especially considering how the game is action-oriented. but if you really want to the best for each combo I've found would be HUcaseal, RAcaseal and FOnewearl.

imrevned
Jun 15, 2012, 07:23 PM
The classes and races have all been balanced so that, generally speaking, at higher levels the difference between, say, a HUmar and a HUnewm would be 50 points at most in any field. Also, the inclusion of cross-class weapons will let you profit from having high marks in other fields. Minmaxing is completely unnecessary, especially considering how the game is action-oriented. but if you really want to the best for each combo I've found would be HUcaseal, RAcaseal and FOnewearl.

Hmm.. alright, I think that helps :D When you say "50 points" I am guessing you are referring to the skill tree points? (I am very new, just started playing this morning and I don't really know of many features, just discovered the skill tree today xD)

Zeota
Jun 15, 2012, 07:58 PM
50 as in the actual stat itself I believe. Honestly, one could make up for any deficiencies in a particular by building their mag differently.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 08:04 PM
No, everyone gets a skill tree point at level up. I mean the hard stats. So a HUmar will indeed hit harder than a HUnewm, but it won't be staggaringly great. Just as well, the HUnewm will have the bonus if a Hunter/Force weapon is released. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 08:24 PM
Put it this way - I could melee stuff down without much difficulty as FOnewearl. HUnewearl and I basically tore everything to shreds. (Sure, it's low level, but even so, I didn't feel as gimped as in PSU)

ShadowsCrush
Jun 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
There was a stat chart for all classes from 1-20 during CBT, and the difference between classes max damage, say human ranger, cast ranger, newman ranger, is 5 or less for all of them, and the same holds true for the others I believe.

It really doesn't make that much difference.

moorebounce
Jun 15, 2012, 10:36 PM
I like to have the difference between classes and races to be pretty noticable but with what Sega has planned for PSO2 thats not gonna happen. I guess after all these years you would have to have more than 12 class and race combinations. If they do add beasts I hope they don't let them have Mags when they have Nanoblasts.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
It really doesn't make that much difference.

This saddens me a little, honestly....

Blackheart521
Jun 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
If they do add beasts I hope they don't let them have Mags when they have Nanoblasts.

That wouldn't be fair to anyone who decides to play as a beast, Mags do more than just offer a special attack, they drastically increase your stats and they are one of the things that can make you character build unique... losing that as a beast would be too crippling... they would sooner give them no nanoblast considering CASTS don't have SUVs in this game

moorebounce
Jun 15, 2012, 10:53 PM
That wouldn't be fair to anyone who decides to play as a beast, Mags do more than just offer a special attack, they drastically increase your stats and they are one of the things that can make you character build unique... losing that as a beast would be too crippling... they would sooner give them no nanoblast considering CASTS don't have SUVs in this game

I thought that is what the skill tree was supposed to accomplish by making you choose certain traits? Personally I didn't or don't get into all the numbers and really didn't notice any difference when I got my mag.

If you want a mag then make a character who can use it. How hard is that?

Reia
Jun 15, 2012, 10:56 PM
but if you really want to the best for each combo I've found would be HUcaseal, RAcaseal and FOnewearl.

You mean HUcast! One thing you should never dispute with a male character is it's strenght and ability to melee and take damage as well.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 11:34 PM
Actually, while Cast gets the offense, Caseal gets better defense. Just by a smidge, the Caseals have an edge.

Blackheart521
Jun 15, 2012, 11:49 PM
I thought that is what the skill tree was supposed to accomplish by making you choose certain traits? Personally I didn't or don't get into all the numbers and really didn't notice any difference when I got my mag.

If you want a mag then make a character who can use it. How hard is that?

You probably didn't notice much because depending on what stats you raise for your mag, it increases those stats so it starts out giving you nothing then its a very slow and gradual increase which probably just blended together with your level up stat bonuses so it looked natural... everyone deserves a Mag... they are another staple of PSO and a fun thing to have.

moorebounce
Jun 16, 2012, 12:16 AM
You probably didn't notice much because depending on what stats you raise for your mag, it increases those stats so it starts out giving you nothing then its a very slow and gradual increase which probably just blended together with your level up stat bonuses so it looked natural... everyone deserves a Mag... they are another staple of PSO and a fun thing to have.

Yeah I didn't unequip my mag in the CBT and check. You have to have a trade off somwhere. I don't want beasts (if they make it into the game) to get mags w/ photon blasts and have nanoblasts too. If you make a beast it should only have one or the other and not both. lol talk about an unfair advantage.

Blackheart521
Jun 16, 2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah I didn't unequip my mag in the CBT and check. You have to have a trade off somwhere. I don't want beasts (if they make it into the game) to get mags w/ photon blasts and have nanoblasts too. If you make a beast it should only have one or the other and not both. lol talk about an unfair advantage.

Yeah, that's why I said they would probably just not give them nanoblasts at all... I'd rather have PBs and extra stat boosts than that anyways.

P.S. Mags look cooler too ^^

Vintasticvin
Jun 16, 2012, 11:20 AM
PSU kids, please dont bring beasts in my pso2, P.S. Casts are the true physical powerhouses learn to love and enjoy them.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
PSU kids, please dont bring beasts in my pso2, P.S. Casts are the true physical powerhouses learn to love and enjoy them.

yeah i like casts more than beasts too. if sub classes ever get introduced though eh. the idea of a force cast just bugs me