PDA

View Full Version : So much for open beta...

Neo Flint
Jun 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
My weak laptop can't seem to handle the client after all. Should of known. It barely worked on the CC too. >_>

Even at the lowest settings, I can barely even close the program once it started. Looks like I'll have to buy a new PC.

At least I won't be the only one left out... right? ^^;

Aeris
Jun 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
You're not missing out on much, in the meantime get a decent PC to play PSO2 with us =P.

ashley50
Jun 15, 2012, 08:28 PM
Its still in its BETA phase.

It's not even released yet, So nothing to worry about.

Zeota
Jun 15, 2012, 08:28 PM
Save up dat moneh! Donate sperm, whore yourself out, whatever it takes...

In all seriousness though, you can get a decent rig for a good price if you know what you're looking for.

oOSAROo
Jun 15, 2012, 08:34 PM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up4013.jpg

Thermalwolf
Jun 15, 2012, 10:02 PM
not gonna lie, if you struggle to run PSO2 on low settings, then you really need to update your sytem:/

Kion
Jun 15, 2012, 10:10 PM
really? i can manage to play the game on my e350 netbook. What are your specs and what settings are you playing it at?

kdrakari
Jun 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
Depending on how much money you have right now, I would recommend waiting until the full release to upgrade. As little as 3-4 hundred dollars can make the game kinda playable (ASUS K52f managed the lowest settings for me) but unless you can spring for at least $1000 immediately I'd say save up money for now. It's worth waiting for release to be able to play with more than 10-20 FPS and higher than minimum graphics.

Or alternatively you could get a PS Vita for significantly less but the wait will be much longer.

Spanese
Jun 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
This game is so easy to run :\
I get constant 60 fps.

mctastee
Jun 16, 2012, 02:16 AM
It's not like they have announced a launch date yet. Just pinch pennies until you have enough to buy a new PC. You have plenty of time

Blackheart521
Jun 16, 2012, 02:22 AM
It's not like they have announced a launch date yet. Just pinch pennies until you have enough to buy a new PC. You have plenty of time

maybe not, release will probably be sometime next month, maybe even early next month as long as things go smoothly... they said if POBT went well they'd go into OBT within a week, its speculated that will be the 21st and so far POBT has been going nicely, then the games launch will be shortly after that ends, still gives him about a month minimum till game launch, Good luck man. ^^

kudo
Jun 16, 2012, 05:02 AM
Running it on my craptop at lowest settings. Shading like it's 2005

Neo Flint
Jun 16, 2012, 08:13 AM
I don't think I can afford a decent gaming computer anytime soon. For one, I do have a job and all the employers seem to hate me. I'm also in college and we can barely afford it. No way in hell mom's gonna help me get one.

Guess I'll be playing with hackers and horny teenagers in PSP2 for the rest of my life. :-(

/thread

Vintasticvin
Jun 16, 2012, 11:25 AM
D: Le gasp!!!! No worries bout beta testing we can always wait for the initial release sides we'll have all the time in the world to download and instal, yes I too wasnt able to get into POBT :P No biggie its just data compilation stages for final product.

Special thanks to all on the forums who helped Sega in testing the game you all rock!

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 03:49 PM
Depending on how much money you have right now, I would recommend waiting until the full release to upgrade. As little as 3-4 hundred dollars can make the game kinda playable (ASUS K52f managed the lowest settings for me) but unless you can spring for at least $1000 immediately I'd say save up money for now. It's worth waiting for release to be able to play with more than 10-20 FPS and higher than minimum graphics.

Or alternatively you could get a PS Vita for significantly less but the wait will be much longer.

yeah, waiting till the full release makes the most sense. i figure they'll be able to optimize the game once it goes commercial, so you'll be able to save a few more dollars.

Neirene
Jun 16, 2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think I can afford a decent gaming computer anytime soon. For one, I do have a job and all the employers seem to hate me. I'm also in college and we can barely afford it. No way in hell mom's gonna help me get one.

Guess I'll be playing with hackers and horny teenagers in PSP2 for the rest of my life. :-(

/thread

Maybe is not nesesary a gaming computer you just need a brand new computer for doing your usual stuff nowadays even the most simple computers are capable to play pso2 and many other recent games, what you want is to play and enjoy it and I think you can little by little get the money to build a cheap but nice computer.

You could do little jobs here and there as a freelance or just saving up money in little amounts let's say set a goal to save 10~20 dollars a week that would help too, you can also try selling old games and consoles and electronics you barely use anymore and you can also ask with your college friends if they are willing to donate some noncritical spare parts for your pc such as a monitor, hard disks, memories things that are not so critical to actually build a nice and decent pc since brandnew pieces i recomend to buy are the motherboard, the procesor and a graphic card (and not nesesairly high end either)

and more importantly stay positive, cheer up and continue looking for a better job even if it's very little salary at least you will be earning money!

Enforcer MKV
Jun 16, 2012, 04:53 PM

/thread

D: Hug?

pikachief
Jun 16, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'm having issues running the game if anyone can help me figure something out that would be wonderful!

It runs just fine, the alpha 1 made it so that whenever a face popped up in the cut-in chat or i talked to someone at a counter, 80% of the time my game would crash. The bench mark test made it seem like the game wouldn't even be able to start, but besides all this it seems to run perfectly fine.

Except for one frustrating detail. I'm not exactly sure what causes the problem but something in-game occurs that will either cause my game to crash, or what happens more frequently, causes my PC to freeze up.

I'm not exactly sure what's causing it but I'm really sure its those PSE events. When I played the alpha 2 I never came across any problems other than some lag and slowdown (which is not there in the beta) but for some reason I also never came across one of those PSE events things (i think thats what they're called)

When my PC doesn't crash I get a message on my PC saying something happened involving my graphics card. So does anyone know if there's any settings I can change that might fix this or does putting the settings at 1 already set everything at the best possible thing for me?

And yes my drivers are updated.

Aeris
Jun 16, 2012, 08:18 PM
Whats your computer specs please pikachief, this game does put a load on the gpu btw if your gpu hits its memory limit or overheats, the game can crash or your whole computer can crash or error out.

Neo Flint
Jun 16, 2012, 10:06 PM
My crappy GPU is Moblie Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family in case you were wondering. Go ahead and laugh, guys.

Siatome
Jun 16, 2012, 10:16 PM
Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up4013.jpg