PDA

View Full Version : Anyone reach hard mode yet?

DoubleCannon
Jun 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
I believe you are able to go to hard mode in this pre open beta? If I am wrong sorry lol. If you can please make sure you post a video of it, I am anxious to see this mode in action. Also is the max level 30 now? How is the levelling process, have they made it take longer to level up? Only because knowing max level is 40 on release I hope it takes time to reach it.

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
If anyone can reach Level 20 in five hours, it's beyond me. I assume they'll work much like they did in PSO and PSU/P; higher level enemies appear and give different drops. Doubt it'll be much to see.

DoubleCannon
Jun 15, 2012, 09:56 PM
well thats pretty much it, but what I want to see is how tough the mode is and the bosses. I like watching a good challenge haha. I will probably play open beta to find it out for myself, just I got 0 jap understanding so I will have to read alot of english guides to know what I am doing.

But Id love to see what a level 30 boss is like lol

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 10:00 PM
Well in CB there was the level 20 Dark Ragne in the City Mission. I'd tried to solo it in the time alloted, but to no avail. But it really started flipping out in a manner unseen of when it shows up at a lower level as an interrupt boss.

Reia
Jun 15, 2012, 10:03 PM
If there was a method to charge AC right now, then it would, with EXP x2 boosters you can hit LV10 in 2 hours with a mad rush (I tried that in the Ship-6 CBT event), but takes more than 3 hours without them, even if you manage to memorize the order (which in my case don't cuz they changed the order you can get some client orders and some got the reward EXP reduced.), I think that if anyone reaches will just use the mission zone but not the Free zone (LV30 required) where most likely this snow area will be available). Of course "anyone could hack their way in", specially the japanese to beat curiosity. But it's impossible for a free player to reach LV30 even knowing the fastest way to rush in just 10 hours, maybe barely make it to 21-26.

As for my progress, I didn't ALLOUTRUSH but neither I stop goofing around lobbies, reached LV11 in 4 hours (since the first hour my ISP died). Which I'm also observing the major changes from CBT > OBT. I'm more concerned about that.

Oh some discovery, I tested the weak bullet and it do way more damage than before (Disregarding the 120 seconds cooldown). While before weak tagged targets I could do normally 11-12 damage in the CBT weak bullet made me do 36-37, but now in the OBT that can be performed to 47-49.

Let me leave you some tips to level up fast:

Always pay attention to quests related to your progress: Like mag, etc, some of those quests grants you 900-1000ish exp, extermination missions like from Hans and your class master, the best you can do for fast exp is, join a full party in the highest level of enemies possible with the multiparty condition, are in those quest list, which is the reason I pay attention to Hans, since you can loop daily those quests for getting faster EXP if you're on a level rush — take depending on the zone, like if you can only do forest take his forests quests and his caves quests if you can enter caves, etc — and convince everyone to stick together, this triggers big spawns that die way too fast and grants you a ton of exp.

Even while I'm playing with all the hype I don't think I will reach LV30 in 10 hours. I'll leave that for the OBT and of course with patience, I'm more concerned on clearing the content than leveling rush. Which btw won't hurt you since now regular enemies drop grinders and synthethizers oftenly (7 Synthethizers in 4 hours and 17 grinders from Nabellius monsters and Lillipa's monster, mostly planet local enemies and less chances on darkers).

Zina1024
Jun 17, 2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the info Reia I only got to play 1 day of the Re-open beta. so this will help me when open beta is out. I can't Japanese to save my life lol.

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 06:21 PM
I'm hoping Ultimate mode changes the enemies and levels like PSO ep. 1. I'll be sad if they don't.

FenixStryk
Jun 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
The highest level player on my team hit Level 17. I don't think anyone hit 20, but someone might have gotten close.

Expect to see it ~two days after Open Beta starts.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 17, 2012, 06:30 PM
The highest level player on my team hit Level 17. I don't think anyone hit 20, but someone might have gotten close.

Expect to see it ~two days after Open Beta starts.

Honestly, I expect to see it earlier then that, since Pre-open only lasted a total of ten hours. Hell, if they don't slow the exp gain down something fierce, people are going to be hitting CAP over the course of two days, I'd wager.

EDIT: "something fierce" Oh, redneck upbringing, I love you sometimes....XD

NoiseHERO
Jun 17, 2012, 06:33 PM
Heh... 1/4th of the community level 30 on hour 29 most likely.

I'll be taking my time, however. Not to say that I won't be playing a lot, that is. d'hohoho

AlMcFly
Jun 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
Honestly, I expect to see it earlier then that, since Pre-open only lasted a total of ten hours. Hell, if they don't slow the exp gain down something fierce, people are going to be hitting CAP over the course of two days, I'd wager.

EDIT: "something fierce" Oh, redneck upbringing, I love you sometimes....XD

I actually would like to see them slow the experience gain down a bit.